Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snapshot

Decals break Multiplayability of SnapMaps .

I just noticed this today, If you ever try to play a SnapMap that uses decals (Such as tormented souls) Multiplayer, Loading will likely get stuck at 99% .

Must be a Bug, I Hope next week update will bring us a fix to this .

I think this problem might still exist sadly, at least I think it does anyway

I was having an issue playing with my friend last night on the custom map 'Quantum Hazard', he would crash on the loading screen every single time.. I hanged shorty at 99%, he'd crash and send me a message on steam, then the level loads and I'm by myself

The level works perfectly fine when I play by myself but you mention it being a issue when its multiplayer which gives me a worrying feeling the problem you mention is still there

We tried another level called 'classic survival' and it worked fine, no issues what so ever

He went through all the typical trouble-shooting, pretty sure it's an issue with game itself he's having and not a user end issue

Doktor Mandrake said:

I think this problem might still exist sadly, at least I think it does anyway

I was having an issue playing with my friend last night on the custom map 'Quantum Hazard', he would crash on the loading screen every single time.. I hanged shorty at 99%, he'd crash and send me a message on steam, then the level loads and I'm by myself

The level works perfectly fine when I play by myself but you mention it being a issue when its multiplayer which gives me a worrying feeling the problem you mention is still there

We tried another level called 'classic survival' and it worked fine, no issues what so ever

He went through all the typical trouble-shooting, pretty sure it's an issue with game itself he's having and not a user end issue

I'm not sure if Quantum Hazard works, but I enabled "use campaign models" on them when i republished them yesterday. It adds the first person deaths and falling animation from SP and makes you play as doomguy, but it seems like it breaks multiplayer because the second level always worked in coop no problem and now it doesn't.

If you wanna try it again I'll post here once I reupdate it with that off

bloodshot said:

I'm not sure if Quantum Hazard works, but I enabled "use campaign models" on them when i republished them yesterday. It adds the first person deaths and falling animation from SP and makes you play as doomguy, but it seems like it breaks multiplayer because the second level always worked in coop no problem and now it doesn't.

If you wanna try it again I'll post here once I reupdate it with that off

Sorry for late reply, did you reupdate it?

They need to fix it, already bad enough with long load times for both of us but with him constantly crashing on certain maps is making co-op impossible :(

Edit: Tried your 2nd map, was still crashing for him but would load in for me :-\

Dunno, but for now I'm playing the map solo no issues, and omg I'm enjoying it so much

Sorry to go off-topic, but not even finished quantum hazard yet and gotta say this is some grade-a quality level design, I still see people around internet down-right hating snapmap without even trying it, just because its not actual modding.. But man they've improved snapmap so much and it allows for alot of creativity from people

It's a really great tool tbh, and I hope you plan on making more maps bloodshot because it's breath-taking what people are making now after the recent few updates :)

Hope they fix the issues with multiplayer though, other then that one issue with MP on snapmap the games been really stable on my PC and running great and playing great, the game was good on launch but they've really improved it alot since May

I noticed that "Error detected in Map logic" happens only if i minimize the game then maximize it on some maps somehow (especially the Custom Geo ones), There's lots of bugs on SnapMap.

Even updating g older maps with player blocking volumes and new modules - but no manual decals - STILL makes it crash in coop for players joining my game. Once they give up map loads for me smh....

Turning off weapon bob makes loading get stuck at 99% too, lol, Seems like most of problems are coming from the new updates.

Sorry to bump just an old topic, but has anyone heard anything about this lately?

I've not been playing DOOM but was hoping they would of put out some kind of fix for snapmap by now :-\

Well that sounds like some BS, even if they can't reproduce it doesn't mean they shouldn't look into it, who did they test it with, people on the same lan? >.<

I googled the problem and this is all I could find on the matter

https://www.reddit.com/r/snapmap/comments/5lgf49/snap_map_coop_crash/

Not sure if it relates to our problem as well but I think it does

Someone said BOB and ROTATE have to be enabled to stop the crashing