Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snapshot

Update 5 details .

This was recently posted on the DOOM Reddit, So apparently the 5th Update is coming on December 7th, Bringing more Ranks, Bots, a Free Praetor Armor and a New game mode titled Infernal Run .

EDIT : Release notes revealed.

Dunno if there's going to be bugfixes or more features on SnapMap, Full Changelog should be revealed after the release of the Update, But at least Bots are coming next week ..

New additions include Bots for multiplayer

ABOUT FUCKING TIME, THANK GOD

Trycon said:

I wonder how good the bots will be.

I just hope they're smarter than the ones from Q3A...

I wonder if bots included into Multiplayer also includes all Snapmap games. Also I am hoping that you can play against bots without having to launch Multiplayer with others.

HavoX said:

I just hope they're smarter than the ones from Q3A...

Are you kidding? Q3 had impressive bots, especially if compared to the pathbound ones in UT.

Are you kidding? Q3 had impressive bots, especially if compared to the pathbound ones in UT.

Good joke! Q3 bots was stupid as hell! How they can be impressive with no strafes?!

NoisM said:

Good joke! Q3 bots was stupid as hell! How they can be impressive with no strafes?!

Name a better bot of that era. Reaper and Action Bot were quite good but Q3As have been improved (wasn't the Action Bot developer responsible for the Q3 bot?). UTs were a mess due to their waypoint system.

igg, bots are simple and stupid fun, but if they not strafing it's special sort of shit. I remember Reaper Bot, it was possibly first normal bots for Q2. Eraser Bot sucks alot, many-many other too. When I started to play Q3A I was impressed only by railgun accuracy of nightmare bots. Waypoints still sucks alot, no strafes, nothing. Especially goddamn strafes - how to play with bots if they walking like complete idiots? UT bots feels alot better because they using strafes. Waypoints sucks everywhere.

NoisM said:

UT bots feels alot better because they using strafes. Waypoints sucks everywhere.

I don't get your point. Yee, bots are simple and stupid fun. Yee waypoints suck but why do you still favor UTs bots which relied on predefined paths in contrast to Q3As "open world" bots? Just because of strafing?

I'm excited for bots or any new AI.

Is it just me or do these updates come pretty regularly and without much delay? That is a good thing right?

Looking forward to playing against bots.

I Hope the Praetor armor gets added to SnapMap too, And Hopefully we can play against bots offline, Cause i'm sure i won't be playing against bots online (unless we can use them to fill lobbies while waiting) .

Zemini said:

Is it just me or do these updates come pretty regularly and without much delay? That is a good thing right?

Each month actually, Which is a good thing since we don't have to download Huge files each week .

Chezza said:

I wonder if bots included into Multiplayer also includes all Snapmap games. Also I am hoping that you can play against bots without having to launch Multiplayer with others.

Agreed, it would be extremely retarded if the bots option was online only thus defeating the purpose of being able to play the multiplayer solo without an internet connection.

I like the sound of that football mode, wonder how they'll handle the whole catching/throwing mechanic. They're possibly just going to hijack the grenade system for that, but I could always end up being proven wrong. I was always more a fan of the gamemodes that had a longer-term goal than just shootman the most shootmans, like Possession, Warpath, Bloodrush, and Soul Harvest. Shame those tend to be the quickest to die off in terms of playerbase from what I've seen. Guess that's what the bots are for.

hardcore_gamer said:

Bots will only work in the original maps and only for deathmatch and team deathmatch :(

Even if they worked on other modes, they would be so stupid to know how to play them .

Oh yes.

SnapMap

You can now play as the DOOM Marine in Praetor Suit Armor

Such a minor thing, but I was wishing this would be included since release. The Snapmap/Multiplayer armour hand models all look rather goofy.