Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

WIP - Doomguy has a sandwhich in the park on a nice day (4 and 1/2 vanilla maps)

Nice Dk! Screenies look nice and I always love a good set of vanilla maps; I'll add these to my play list.

Have some FDAs.

The cyberdemons on MAP03 were cheeky. The first one being awake really makes using the red key teleporter a gamble. MAP04 seemed really low on HP, but probably just me getting shot a lot.

Thanks a lot for the demos Rayzik, really enjoyable to watch. I implemented a block monster line to make the red key tele on map03 a little less bullshitty, but perhaps I'll move it back further. Nice playing! Hope to see some from you when you play these as well Fonze :)

Here is a fast-paced max for map01. High-tier ammo in this one is spectacularly well balanced it seemed, just enough for mandatory infighting but not so much of it.

The next one is brutal to play at a sub-8 pace (lots of required hitscanner roulette, and infinite height jumps to contend with), but I'll do a more casual sub-9 at some point this week if not that. I recognize the third map from a recent thread, and the fourth (I think) map from an even older thread, the one with the cyber + two viles early. Are there any significant changes in the third map?

FDAs for MAP01-MAP03 because I already played through MAP04 in a different wad of yours and MAP05 is obviously impossible : https://www.doomworld.com/vb/attachment.php?postid=1693350

A popup popped onto my computer just as I was battling the cyberdemon duo in MAP03 and it stopped me from strafing from the rocket, so me and the cyber ended up dead.
Then in my respawn I accidently pushed the Q key and chocolate doom finished recording ; so this is why MAP03 is split into 2 parts.

Overall thoughts :
MAP01 wasn't as exciting as MAP02 and MAP03 because it was too cluttered and didn't have the best weapons, maybe add an SSG.
But MAP02 and MAP03 were OK, but traps where a bunch of hitscanners pop outta nowhere in your face are pure bullshit, because the damage is mandatory and heavy.

And I suggest that you should scrap your entire MAP05 demo and start all over, but this time with the theme of a grand park, as a refrence to the title of this wad.

Thank you both for the comments, in hindsight the hitscan roulette traps are bullshit and should be altered. I like Joe's idea for map05, I'll probably incorporate that in the next build in several months time :P

Oh, map03 also has an SSG now about halfway through, just to make some of the later battles less repetitive.

Thanks again, ill watch those demos once I get home from work!

Kinda-sorta in that they're pretty hard and shove a bunch of shotgunners in your face. I haven't ripped any encounters/setups right from e4 though (tempting as it was to have an e4m2 ripoff map)

"Doomguy has a sandwhich [sic] in the park on a nice day."

...which got ruined by monsters from hell. (As usual.) And you know what happens when Doomguy's nice day gets ruined... he gets REALLY PO'ed. You know the rest.

Great screenshots! I should put this on my playlist!

I hope you enjoy them! (Also what the hell, none of my devices detected that 'sandwhich' was spelled wrong, will fix that. Also you'd think the demons would know not to fuck with Doomguy while he enjoys a sandwich by now, silly demons never learn)