Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CrazyDoomguy

Doom II: List of all hard wads

yaqxsw said:

Nochance is on difficult level like Deus Vult. Is not very hard.

If you know some hard WAD, you can writte a name here. On this thread I do a list only for hard WADs and his difficulty rating. I dont do a fun rating here because hard WADs have less fun. These WADs is fucused for skills.

You can open your own thead "Doom a list of fun WADs".

I hope, you get a laptop and upload your WAD into idgames. This will show, that this WAD is official.

I can take your WAD into idgames, but should know, that this WAD is finished. Your WAD can have only 20 levels and that is ok.

OK

I would put Chord at 2 easily, I struggled with those maps as much as some of the other stuff here rated 2-3.

Xfing said:

So Hell Revealed is "a bit hard"? Dayum bros.

Yeah, compared to a lot of the harder wads, and even its sequel, Hell Revealed is pretty tame.

I would give Veryhard a 4 at best. Chillax is actually more difficult because of the unbalanced and unfair gameplay. Slaughterfest 2011 would be a 2.

TheB said:

I would give Veryhard a 4 at best. Chillax is actually more difficult because of the unbalanced and unfair gameplay. Slaughterfest 2011 would be a 2.

Ok first time read, that Veryhard on level 4 :) Ok, I change it

technocr47 said:

goin down

IDK, Going Down felt pretty balanced to me, just with higher difficulty. Lots of enemies, enough space, enough guns and items to keep you healthy. But GD competing with Sunlust, Chillax etc seems unfair.

(google translate)
Japanese Community Project is 2 or 3?
In terms of difficulty, this WAD does not have the uniformity of difficulty with each MAP and feels wobble,
The degree of difficulty required by MAP, which is the maximum difficulty level in UV, is about 2 or 3

Vanguard was VeryHard for me,
I think that it will probably fit in about 2.

technocr47 said:

bloodstain
goin down
survive in hell
unholy realms

update:
kama sutra

I haven't played Survive in Hell but the rest can probably be added in the [2] slot.

Actualized a list and added some new WADs.

toshiaki2115 said:

(google translate)
Japanese Community Project is 2 or 3?
In terms of difficulty, this WAD does not have the uniformity of difficulty with each MAP and feels wobble,
The degree of difficulty required by MAP, which is the maximum difficulty level in UV, is about 2 or 3

Vanguard was VeryHard for me,
I think that it will probably fit in about 2.

I watched walktrought "Japanese Community" and it seems not hard...

Did you played VeryHard? If this on rating 2, then why nobody have upload walktrought? :)

Added new division "1 level WADs" and "rocket jump WADs".

Here are new WADs that I found at searching. If you know any Wads, write here a difficult rating.

+ + + + + + +

Cyberdreams
ESP
Valiant
Kill-A-Hoe
Rush
Ancient Hatred
Lunatic
Hanging Gardens
Skepland
Disturbia
32 Inch Nails
Epic
Belial's Bad Brain
Generator of Evil
The Spire
XXXI CyberSky
SLOTH

yaqxsw said:

Slaughterfest 2011 (2)
Slaughterfest 2012 (2 - some maps 3)

I thought your megawad scores were averages, and then I got to SF2012 and now I'm just confused.

Both SFs share maps with ESP, which is rated as a 4, so it's kinda weird if SF2012 peaks at 3. In my opinion SF2011 ranges from like 1 (my maps) to 4 (ToD maps), and SF2012 is probably 2-4. On the other hand, you rated Newgothic as 2, so maybe I just don't understand your scoring system.

Also, in the spirit of giving, and since there's a list for short hard wads, interested parties could check out this weird 6 map thing I made in 2011. Or there's also this cool demo of Memfis playing it. Merry Christmas!

Grain of Salt said:

I thought your megawad scores were averages, and then I got to SF2012 and now I'm just confused.

Both SFs share maps with ESP, which is rated as a 4, so it's kinda weird if SF2012 peaks at 3. In my opinion SF2011 ranges from like 1 (my maps) to 4 (ToD maps), and SF2012 is probably 2-4. On the other hand, you rated Newgothic as 2, so maybe I just don't understand your scoring system.

Also, in the spirit of giving, and since there's a list for short hard wads, interested parties could check out this weird 6 map thing I made in 2011. Or there's also this cool demo of Memfis playing it. Merry Christmas!

Complexity calculation of difficulty rating are inexact and therefore is required correction. Besides everyone have different skill and different estimates.

ESP - 4
SF11 - 1-4
SF12 - 2-4
NGothic - 2. Is like nochance

Removed recommendations that were way too easy in hindsight

Edited by Doomkid

Added WADs recomendated T-Rex and Doomkid.

Besides founded at searching 1 map WADs. If some know one of them, say difficulty rating:

1000 unheard screams
Nina Dobrev
Nina Dobrev II

A few suggestions: Ancient Aliens is a [2]. Italo Doom should be upgraded to [4]. Swim with the Whales is definitely harder than [2] so [3] should be good there. Stardate 20x6 can also be added with a [3].

Hmm, ratings are weird again now. Valiant is a 2 and SWTW is 2. People can talk about how Holy Hell "isn't really hard there are just lots of monsters" but on the scale of difficulty that makes sense -- i.e. how difficult someone will find it to one-shot a level -- it's certainly not on the same tier as Valiant/AA.

Out of all the wads rated at a 4, I would say Chillax is probably the hardest one listed so far. It feels almost like a 5 at times. I would like to see someone find a slaughter wad that is arguably more difficult.

TheB said:

Out of all the wads rated at a 4, I would say Chillax is probably the hardest one listed so far. It feels almost like a 5 at times. I would like to see someone find a slaughter wad that is arguably more difficult.

I thought, mine WAD was hardest, but some said, chillax is more. Try play VeryHard and compare, which WAD is more hard :)

I would say Chillax is harder because at least VeryHard can be be made easier with prudent use of ammo and power-ups. Don't get me a wrong, VeryHard still really kicks my ass but at least I feel like I have a fighting chance once I figure out the map layout. What do you think are top 5 hardest wads listed at this point(minus the rocketjump wads)?

i didnt even know you could change username!

i have no idea how HR can be rated lower in difficulty than aaliens - i was able to complete AA w/o saves; i just gave up on HR

rehelekretep said:

i didnt even know you could change username!

i have no idea how HR can be rated lower in difficulty than aaliens - i was able to complete AA w/o saves; i just gave up on HR

Every can change username (pls dont fill admin many jobs ^^)

Here is discussion:

1. Alien Vendetta would remain in level 2. Although it has more emphasis on adventure for the most part, it gets pretty intense in the latter half, with its meaner maps being much nastier than the meaner ones in HR (Map26 being an exception as it is a bit more forgiving than HR Map24: Post Mortem, despite having a significantly higher body count). It's easier than Hell Revealed 2, though. As for the Chord series, they would be a level 1.

2. Disagreed almost entirely. AV26 is probably nastier than HR24 (if you're playing with saves, Postmortem will seem harder, but it's easier to do "in one go" than Dark Dome), but it doesn't have anything else as tough as HR 23, 24, 26, or 32.

3. I was referring to the fact that you're less restricted to move around in AV26 as the ground is water rather than harmful blood like in HR24. However, I would agree that Post Mortem would be a bit easier, since in vanilla, you can at least save in any part of the map on any difficulty lower than Ultra-Violence, unlike Dark Dome. Still, it's the hardest map on the set.

4. Despite the blood, HR24 is more susceptible to strong routing than AV26 is. If you can grab the BFG, take down the Cacos, and then make the central platform safe, HR24 doesn't levy real pressure on the player all that often. AV26 has more nervy close-range Cyberdemon stuff, things like the revenant corner in the north-east where you can lose huge amounts of health in the blink of an eye, and there's really no low-risk way to neutralize the center E4M2-fork on either your initial go or when it repopulates.

HR24 requires some foreknowledge, but its execution barrier on UV is far lower than AV26's.

The biggest mistake anyone could ever do with HR or any other difficult megawad like Plutonia, AV, etc. is start right off the bat on UV, so no wonder they struggle so much that they give up. It is very advisable to play them on the lower difficulties so you can get the hang of the gameplay style. At the very least, HR on ITYTD/HNTR plays more like Doom 2/TNT on UV, so it's best for first timers to start on that difficulty. If you want to play at a higher difficulty but not experience too much frustration, HMP is the way to go. That way, you'll be much better prepared for tackling HR on UV.