Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CrazyDoomguy

Doom II: List of all hard wads

invasion uac it' really hard when playing singleplayer

use cooperative for a little bit easier

I've always wondered how my own WAD ranked in the difficulty ranking :)

And yes, there's a bit of shameless self-promotion, but I genuinely wonder how hard it is :D

If wading through Okuploks 12000 monsters is easy then I dont even want to know what hard is.

1 hour ago, kalensar said:

If wading through Okuploks 12000 monsters is easy then I dont even want to know what hard is.

it's not easy, this list is pretty much just a plug for op's wads

The list doesn't make much sense. It should probably be restarted and organized better with a large table for difficulty as 5 is far too little in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Jacek Bourne said:

The list doesn't make much sense. It should probably be restarted and organized better with a large table for difficulty as 5 is far too little in my opinion.

yeah, it honestly really does need to be. it's all over the place, with notoriously difficult wads having rather low scores and some easier ones having higher scores

if we were to go by a 1-10 system, where would sunder's old maps, plutonia, and valiant be placed if doom 2 were to be given a 1 and dimensions a 9? those wads would be good reference points

Edited by roadworx

1 hour ago, roadworx said:

yeah, it honestly really does need to be. it's all over the place, with notoriously difficult wads having rather low scores and some easier ones having higher scores

if we were to go by a 1-10 system, where would sunder's old maps, plutonia, and valiant be placed if doom 2 were to be given a 1 and dimensions a 9? those wads would be good reference points

They should take into account wether or not a player is using saves. 

I think it should go 1-10 and then have 11 for things that are not reasonably possible without TAS such as chillax.

This is my ratings of difficulty for these wads personally. This is assuming you are only saving between fights and not during them.

Doom 2: 1 

Plutonia: 2

Valiant: 3

Old Sunder: 6

Dimensions: 10

Chillax: 11

58 minutes ago, Jacek Bourne said:

They should take into account wether or not a player is using saves. 

I think it should go 1-10 and then have 11 for things that are not reasonably possible without TAS such as chillax.

This is my ratings of difficulty for these wads personally. This is assuming you are only saving between fights and not during them.

Doom 2: 1 

Plutonia: 2

Valiant: 3

Old Sunder: 6

Dimensions: 10

Chillax: 11

i whipped this list up semi-quickly; i'm pretty confident in the lower ones (definitely not the higher ones tho lol) but feel free to suggest changes. do you think this could be the base for a new list?

doom 2: 1
tnt: evilution: 1.5
dark covenant: 2
memento mori 2: 2.5
plutonia: 3
eviternity: 3.5
valiant: 4
plutonia 2: 4.5
alien vendetta: 5
speed of doom: 5.5
scythe 2: 6
old sunder: 6.5
sunlust: 7
new sunder: 8.5
abandon: 9
no chance: 9.5
dimensions: 10

chillax: 11

14 hours ago, kalensar said:

Uhh it's rated as "Nearly Impossible" in the list...

7 hours ago, roadworx said:

i whipped this list up semi-quickly; i'm pretty confident in the lower ones (definitely not the higher ones tho lol) but feel free to suggest changes. do you think this could be the base for a new list?

It could be however if you want to go through with this then you may want to get the opinions of several people on wads you want on the list and come to a consensus based on those.

I disagree. I think New Sunder is the hardest (Especially map19). Except Chillax

32 minutes ago, Plats said:

I disagree. I think New Sunder is the hardest (Especially map19). Except Chillax

you're probably right, considering how much trouble a1s had with it, even with saves

10 hours ago, Plats said:

We were ranking old sunder. New sunder I would rank as a 10.

On 7/25/2021 at 4:19 AM, roadworx said:

Here's my opinion. Keep in mind, i'm no Doom god, and yes, I am a GZDoom peasant.

Doom 2: Yeah, I agree.

TnT: I dunno... Maybe a little bit higher? Some of those maps, such as 27, are a total ballache.

Dark Covenant: I haven't played this one, so I am unsure.

Momento Mori 2: Eh... Kinda? I would've put Sigil here.

Plutonia: Yeah, I agree. It's a great challenge.

Valiant: I haven't played this.

Plutonia 2: Yeah. This is where things get crazy...

Alien Vendetta: Agreed.

SOD: I would've put Scythe here.

Scythe 2: Swap this with old Sunder and i'd agree.

Old Sunder: Is it fair to judge the old version along with the new? If not, i'd reccomend Holy Hell.

Sunlust: GOD DAMN. Absolutely agree.

New Sunder: Holy hell, this one is very, VERY hard.

Abandon: Uh... Never even touched this one.

No Chance: I'd disagree. This one isn't as hard as Sunlust because there is only one level in NC. Albeit, NC is very hard on UV.

Dimensions: I have absolutely no idea how a wad could be harder than this, and yet, there still are.

Chillax: Yes. Without things like Respawning items, rocket jumping, and save scumming, I don't know how this would be possible.