Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Artas1984

Alternative gib mod?

Is there a gib mod that would allow Doom 3 bodies vanish more like in Painkiller and FEAR games? I dislike very much the quick disappearance of bodies as well as that instant burning effect. I want to see the chunks of body when i explode a demon with a grenade and i want to see an intact body when i shoot it with a machinegun.

I found the no gib bod, but does not satisfy me. I also hate the fact that flashlight and fists are so strong. Any mod for fixing that?

You could try the nitro gore mod. As for melee damage, you could probably tweak one of the game files in the Base folder. Not sure which one. I usually change ammo amounts and stuff like that to give less ammo

Some of these features you can easily mod by yourself by editing the .def files of weapons and monsters.

Artas1984 said:

I dislike very much the quick disappearance of bodies as well as that instant burning effect.

Every mosnter has an individual "burnaway" entry in the .def file. The higher the value, the longer it will take until the burnaway effect starts. The default setting is under a second, that's why it burns away almost instantly at death.

I want to see the chunks of body when i explode a demon with a grenade and i want to see an intact body when i shoot it with a machinegun.

Gibbing demon bodies is more complicated. But leaving the body intact after machinegun kill can be done by setting the "gib" value to "0" in weapon_machinegun.def.

I also hate the fact that flashlight and fists are so strong. Any mod for fixing that?

Decrease the damage in weapon_fists.def and weapon_flashlight.def.