Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fredrik

Fruit of Last Week's Efforts

So I've made some stuff again, yeah.

• Player sprite cleanup. I rushed a bit at the end so the quality of some frames is not as high as in others. But they're all OK now, I think.
  • Rocket Launcher & Rockets/Rocket Explosions The weapon sprite's not perfect but the explosions are IMO neat. Try them in ZDoom with addrocketexplosion=true set in the .ini file.
  • Shotgun. Yay, a decent shotgun replacement, at last! I think. Looks best in GL mode because some of the rotation pixelation I caused while editing disappears.

Thanks Fredrik, those are some kick-ass sprites. Finally, a decent shotgun, and the player really looks ready to kick some demon butt now. Also, it's nice to have a rocket launcher. Now, are you still working on that Mancubus?

geekmarine said:

Now, are you still working on that Mancubus?

Not currently, but I'll get back to that some time.

I added them into the build. Thanks fredrik !!!!!! <3 <3 <3

All we need now are super shotgun and fist replacements and we will have a complete set of weapons. Uh, anyone have a good looking fist? heh

Infact, to be more precise heres a list of all the currently missing sprites that are missing from the shareware build:

• baron (BOSS)
  • baron shot (BAL7)
  • chainsaw sprite (in level) (CSAW)
  • chaingun sprite (in level) (MGUN)
  • technical column (ELEC)
  • small pool of blood (POL5)
  • punching fist psprite (PUNG)
Its certainly not much. Any takers?

• baron (BAL7)
  • baron shot (BOSS)

Isn't it the other way around?

• small pool of blood (POL5)

Heh, nobody did that yet?

fraggle said:

I added them into the build. Thanks fredrik !!!!!! <3 <3 <3

All we need now is a fist replacement and we will have a complete set of weapons. Uh, anyone have a good looking fist? heh

In espi's gun's pc there are good punching frames.

Darn, don't forget the Imp gibbing frames. They aren't done, either. Just thought I should point that out to make sure it wasn't overlooked.

RailGunner said:

In espi's gun's pc there are good punching frames.

But where did they come from? Some of the other stuff in there is copyright. Also the chaingun you uploaded is not free - it originated from '3D game Alchemy' and is only available for non-commercial use. I know the Twice Risen text files didn't make this clear enough, unfortunately because of this we can't really touch any of the twice risen stuff :( the BFG should be ok though.

(thanks for your work so far)

Speaking of copyright, somebody check that POL5A0 sprite which was recently uploaded. It's the original from Doom!!! We've apparently gone from ripping off resources to just ripping them from the actual game. I'm sure that this was an honest mistake, but we should really get that fixed.

Speaking of copyright, somebody check that POL5A0 sprite which was recently uploaded. It's the original from Doom!!! We've apparently gone from ripping off resources to just ripping them from the actual game. I'm sure that this was an honest mistake, but we should really get that fixed.

Oops. I removed that. Cyb submitted it, I'm sure it was a complete mistake.

Yah, it was, I resubmitted.

Hooray for forgetting to load the new image into the pwad!

Duur.

geekmarine said:

Darn, don't forget the Imp gibbing frames. They aren't done, either. Just thought I should point that out to make sure it wasn't overlooked.

I'm currently making a completely new imp sprite, which people will hopefully prefer to that snakeman thing.

Jon said:

I'm currently making a completely new imp sprite, which people will hopefully prefer to that snakeman thing.

I'd be happy to help out with some frames.

Jon said:

samples?

There's not enough done to show any samples yet (sorry)

Fred - I'll get in touch when I've done a little more :)

I volunteer to do the small pool of blood. (POL5)

Oh, could someone post some screens of fred's new stuff?

sgtcrispy said:

I suppose I'll have to remake the imp sounds to huh?

bloody 11hz...

heh, I might submit sounds with my imp replacement sprites when its done, for people to consider.

Jon said:

heh, I might submit sounds with my imp replacement sprites when its done, for people to consider.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

hehe that s ok i guess. ;)