Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

Japanese Community Project demos [-complevel 2]

Map29: Hazmat Hazama UV Max in 13:26

Youtube version

Another romaji? Need explanation in Japanese :)

I like the idea of this map. Full of space distortion. But meanwhile you have to do a lot of crossings among narrow places and it is very annoying.

The only part I am not satisfied with is the slow platform after flipping the switch to open the way to the archvile teleporter. Verrrrrrrrrry slow. You have to wait for more than 30 seconds to get to the top and go to the archvile teleporter.

jp29-1326.zip

Edited by lirui1001

Map16: Forlorn Defense Line UV Max in 8:31

Youtube version

Maybe you will see "The video is currently being processed". That is because my upload speed sucks.

Well...actually this level is not simple. There is not much health in this map, so if you take too much damage you are not likely to recover.

The most annoying part is the pain elementals, especially the last 2 in the open area. Kill them fast or they will mess the map.

jp16-831.zip

Map10: The Odd Encampment UV Max in 7:59

This demo is recorded because my previous demo desyncs. I just found that my JPCP.wad is not the latest version. Have to do this annoying level again.

Youtube version

PS: I don't know why but my youtube video cannot upload in 60fps (but the original file is 60fps).

jp10-759.zip

Map32: Blood Fund Gang UV Max in 7:04

Youtube version

Haven't updated this wad for a long time :(

Well one secret opens at 5:00 and closes at about 5:05, so the timing is very important. It is known that Toooooasty loves building/ruins theme much and most of his maps are good.

The music of this map is from The Binding of Isaac.

jp32-704.zip

Map22: A Den of Vice UV Max in 8:33

Youtube version

The biggest problem is that there is NO ARMOR after you teleport to the castle. Also there are 4 pain elementals appearing from the two bloodwells, and it is very annoying.

For the cyberdemon...I think this is the only way to deal with him.

jp22-833.zip

Map27: A Resplendent Emerald Green UV Max in 5:21

Youtube version

The main issue is to find the best route because you have to kill 13 commander keens to open the exit. Also, I hate platform jumping. If you fail, you have to reset the run.

jp27-521.zip

Map 22 UV-Max in 6:17

Not too optimized (would be an unpleasant map for that, at least for me). The ideal way to use cells might be a good exercise to work out. 

jp22-617.zip

Edited by rdwpa

Map01 UV Max in 1:21

jp01-121.zip

I always have a feeling that punching everything is actually slower than using the Chaingun and Shotgun effectively. Probably the reason is that I'm not good at punching stuff (then Heels will tune in and question me ;P). Didn't take me too much time to get this, and it still feels improvable.

Map04 UV Max in 2:03

jp04-203.zip

Combined with the latter half of lirui1001's route, with some route tweak at the beginning, now the run features 20% less backtracking and 50% less waiting. ;P

A very fun bite size slaughter map even though there are some minor flaws. The monster cage is not very well-made, so one or two monsters can be stuck inside, sometimes forever. Another part is those 3 Arch-viles. On average, you are zapped once, but if they are somehow friendly, you can spare quite a lot of health for the later part.

Edited by GarrettChan

Map04 UV Max in 1:53

jp04-153.zip

Don't know why, but it happened. I felt this map can be done within 2 minutes, but I couldn't do it the day before. Probably I wanted to try a little bit more to prove myself wrong. This run seems extremely lucky about monsters' teleportation, but it isn't really perfect because I got stuck in some walls.

I noticed something interesting, so...

Map07 Nomo Speed in 0:26

Features three tricks to make nomo possible. Could also be used for Pacifist/Speed, etc.

jp07o026.zip

MAP04 UV Fast in 1:52.60 (no previous record)

Demo: jp04f152.zip
Video: 

I really liked running this map. Compact design, a huge monster trap that makes you use the most of the rocket's splash damage, and a secret with the SSG! The only problem is that the monster teleporter trap is slow, and in this run I was at the exit, ready to leave, and had to wait 6 seconds for the last 3 shotgunners to teleport in. GarrettChan's UV Max record of 1m53 help me find a better route and take this time below 2mins. With more luck from the monster teleporters, I think a time of 1m45 should be attainable.

Bonus: Here's my first exit of this map of 2m30 which wasn't bad; for a first exit that is: jp04f230-firstExit.zip