Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alfonzo

Doom Turns 23: No End in Sight

I hadn't noticed before, but that cake is supiciously stripper. Has anyone actually checked inside it to make sure there isn't anything untoward? Rogue cacowards, perhaps?

Happy 23rd birthday, Doom. You've run out of milestones for us to make fun of (for now), but here, have some considered cacodemons instead. Eleven for the price of ten!

Sweet!!!
I knew there were some great releases I missed this year, an interesting selection of choices this year and surprising number of ultimate doom wads in there too, I better starting catching up on 2016. Great choice on the mapper of the year, Lainos has consistently produced a lot of interesting and rather unique maps over the years.
Oh and of course happy 23rd birthday Doom :D

Happy birthday Doom! Always look forward to the Cacowards every year, good stuff guys. Congrats to the winners!

Another year, another birthday, another Cacowards.
Happy 23rd birthday! It's amazing, now that I think about it, how far Doom has come.

Happy 23rd birthday Doom, and congrats to all the Cacoward winners :)

It's nice to see Opulent and Andy being recognized, we demo fans owe them a great deal.

Huzzah! Always nice to know the classic Doom community survives another year. Also, good job to the cacoward panel—I definitely don't envy having to pick 'n choose what gets in and what gets sidelined... there were a hell of a lot of projects to choose from this year (a part of me dreads that 2017 will be even more intense)! Great to see Miasma getting the accolades it deserves—it was my favorite map of 2016, and tourniquet deserves every bit of praise for it!

HAPPY 23RD BIRTHDAY DOOM!

A great game that will continue to make gamers and mappers happy for many more years to come. From the agony of facing off against a Pain Elemental (and Lost Souls) and Arch Vile in the same room to the big smile of a Cacodemon and rolls of fat on a Mancubus (Fatso) .... from the frustration of been unlucky to be killed by an unsuspecting Zombieman to the elation of defeating the Icon of Sin. From roaming around the bases on Phobos to getting tortured in Inferno and the countless user maps that continue to lead you on a new journey into unknown dangers. You cannot ever beat Doom..... ever. The most flexible, most superb game ever .... what else do I say.

Was rooting for Threnody (because I worked on it :V) but runner-up is cool.
Mr M. J. Laikas is safe in the knowledge I won't be around at his house with a bat later ;)

23. Dang! Happy birthday, DOOM! What time was DOOM 1 shareware exactly released to the public on December 10th, 1993? I cannot seem to find that information. Thank you in advance. :)

Just registered to wish Doom happy birthday, have been lurking for 16 years.

Fun and enjoyable read as always.

Doom forever!!

Happy Doomsday to you
Happy Doomsday to you
Happy Doomsday dear Doom II...

What? It's not Doom II's birthday?

OH SHIT, now I have to start over!

Happy Doomsday to you
Happy Doomsday to you
Happy Doomsday dear Doom...
Happy Doomsday to you!

Woo!

Congrats to all the winners and runners up. A lot of wads I haven't got round to trying out as well. Fun times

Happy birthday Doom, and thanks kindly for the Cacoward for Blade of Agony from anyone involved in the team and from me. It's always an honor to get one!

Congratulations to all winners, although I'm kind of dissapointed that Total Chaos didn't get a single mention.

EDIT: NVM, I saw the "What are you waiting for" section.

Happy bday Doom and grats to all the winners and runners up.

Wow, wasn't expecting to see Miasma here at all. Thanks for the write-up Alfonzo and of course big thanks to the whole community.

Dammit Alfonzo you cheeky bastard, that quote was taken out of context!

...nah, it wasn't, and I stand by it. Congratulations to all the winners and runner-ups, it has most certainly been a good year for Doom.