Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alfonzo

Doom Turns 23: No End in Sight

I actually played contemporary wads this year (usually I get to them 5 years after release). I agree with some entries and disagree with others, but that's what the cacowards should be imo. It's not an interesting read if it's just the community's top 10 circlejerk picks, gotta have some surprises in there!

I guess 23 may not be such a long time in reality, but in the vidya game industry that's like gotta be ages and forever.

I am super happy to see MXU make another appearance, 3 years in a row now!

Thanks for the kinds words about AeonDM, dew. A ton of hard work went into it, and although it didn't really gain the extra-outsourced mapping power I was hoping to attract here, I for one am still really pleased with how it turned out, and so far several pub play sessions indicate positive responsiveness to the layouts as well. Given that Aeon was originally made to be simple additional maps for DBAB, that goal was met.

And yes, who knows what we will cook up this year...

Congrats to the other winners in all their categories! Great write ups too, well done by the authors of the cacowards!

Congratulations to all the winners!
Disregarding any other events, 2016 has been truly a great year for Doom. A new game, and a community that shows no signs of slowdown.

Here's to 23 years of Doom :)

Yay, another year of great releases to place on my backlog. :-)
I much approve of this year's picks for the Espi Award for Lifetime Achievement. Doug and Andy, you rule.

Greetings to all doomers, young and old.

Happy 23rd birthday, Doom!

Time to step back into the shadows...

Congrats to the winners! And thanks to the team for putting out a great Cacowards.

Happy Birthday DOOM!

I posted a happy birthday to DOOM in IRC, but this guy said "DOOM! is not a person, it's a game. It may have a 'birth' day, but it can't have a happy one, as it is not a sentient or semi-sentient being, or any sort of being, for that matter. This is really more of an anniversary of a launch date." What a jerk. :P

right where it belongs

Great picks this year, the mockaward was an upset but in a good way - nice to see picks we weren't all expecting. Happy birthday DOOM!

Indeed a great year for doom, and so many unique and creative things to play. Its been awhile since i rly played any single player and mostly spent time in online games with Zandronum for years.

But now I actually feel like checking quite some wads out in sp too with more attention.

Keep on making great wads marines!

May there be many years of great and creative dooming pleasure to come.

A lot of quality WADs this year. Heretic may not be quite as amazing as Doom is, but it's cool to see it get a bit more attention nonetheless. Good stuff to all the winners & the entire community! That physical Cacoward looks sick.

Is that actually John Romero holding the Cacoward?

Did Doomworld really made a physical Cacoward and sent it to Romero?!

Happy Birthday Doom! Congrats all winners, and all those who made awesome wads that didn't make an award but were still awesome in their own right :)

Lets make 2017 even better!

Cacowards just keep getting better - congrats to the winners and thank you for the nod for my map. The physical Cacoward is too cool!

Winning a Cacoward was not one of the things I expected to happen when I woke up this morning. I think I'm still in shock.

Congrats to all the other creators who won, and those who didn't. I'm in damn good company.

Pretty damn pleased with my forecast.

I mean, I'm a little sad I couldn't be *completely* right, mainly for Absolute Dishonor and No Sleep not getting awards. But I just want to thank you guys once again for all the hard work you put into this, and for giving us something to anticipate and argue about all year long. Fantastic job as always!

Happy birthday Doom! And congrats to all of the winners! I'm happy to say that I've played quite a few of the winners this year, unlike the previous few years.

Here's looking forward to another great year of Doom!

Ludicrum getting a Cacoward was a nice surprise. Antares deserves a big pat in the back for it :)

Yay, Cacowards! Congrats to all the winners! The 11th Cacoward was a perfect solution for the dilemma.

23 years and still kicking demon ass! Let's keep this game alive for another 23 years, keep bringing in those WADs everyone! :D