Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alfonzo

Doom Turns 23: No End in Sight

Romero's wrong, you know. He didn't get the first ever physical Cacoward.

2017 is pretty much guaranteed to be another great year for Doom. Here's hoping for BTSX E3, Devilution, Revilution, Stardate 20X7, Rekkr, Adventures of Square, Curse of the Lost God, Return to Necropolis, and Water Spirit. Then again, that's almost all 10 awards already, so maybe they'd better string them out a bit and give other people a chance too :)

Not Jabba said:

Romero's wrong, you know. He didn't get the first ever physical Cacoward.

2017 is pretty much guaranteed to be another great year for Doom. Here's hoping for BTSX E3, Devilution, Revilution, Stardate 20X7, Rekkr, Adventures of Square, Curse of the Lost God, Return to Necropolis, and Water Spirit. Then again, that's almost all 10 awards already, so maybe they'd better string them out a bit and give other people a chance too :)

so better start running for the 2018 Cacowards...

Bit late here, but congratulations and thanks to all of this year's winners and nominees alike, as well as the cornucopia of worthy content there simply isn't room to fit in any number of sprawling pages. Fine work on the presentation itself by the awards staff/Doominati, as always--the quality of the written content presented has been growing steadily for the past several years, and this go round was no exception. Some of those writeups have me all but salivating to play some of this year's best stuff I've not got around to yet--if only there were more time!

Here's to another fruitful year.

On my "To play" list:

1. Innocence X
2. Plutonium Sandpit
3. Terdelux
4. Ogrelabs
5. The Last Sanctuary
6. FinalNeodoom
7. Hell on Earth Starterpack
8. Stronghold
9. The City of the Damned
10 WolfenDoom - Blade of Agony Episode 1
11 Japanese Community Project
12 Bloodstain
13 BrutalDoom64
14 Ancient Aliens
15 Miasma

And Im afraid that list will only keep growing larger. D:

Next to those (top10) games from 2016:

1. Battlefield 1
2. DooM (2016)
3. Shadow Warrior 2
4. The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine
5. Dark Souls III
6. The Last Gaurdian
7. Final Fantasy XV
8. Inside
9. Deus Ex: Mankind Devided
10 Steep

1st world problems..

Also that picture of Romero holding the Cacoward is a classic moment!

OniriA said:

have been lurking for 16 years.

Damn, I thought I was close with 9 years.

I'll admit, I wasn't even alive when Doom came out. But when I was 5 and my Uncle showed me a custom level he was working on, I was instantly taken. Now a little more than a decade and a half later, I still never tire of it. I'll be here for every other birthday, and so will thousands of others. Happy Doomsday, and congratulations to all cacoward winners! Exemplar work. That whole second page made me pretty happy, and to see Bloodstain and Shadow of the wool ball make it to runner-up was also great.