Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scuba Steve

Cacowards 2017 Mentionation Thread

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, doomedwarrior1981 said:

Is Xaser dead I saw him posting on Zdoom forums a few days ago

I hope not since he's working on theme modifications to make Doomworld look slightly less offensive. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Linguica said:

I hope not since he's working on theme modifications to make Doomworld look slightly less offensive. 

Too late, we've all gotten used to the new Doomworld now.  Not allowed to change it or we'll whine again.

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Xaser said:

Joke's on you all -- I've been dead the entire time.

Ah Shit, Xaser is a former human

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, nxGangGirl said:

Ah Shit, Xaser is a former human

I always took him as a chaingunner hidden in the skybox

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/16/2017 at 9:56 AM, spiritmaze said:

Xaser, if you make a mini episode or (ideally) a megawad of Dead.Air-style maps then I'll pay you

OT: Xaser, if you make a Dead.Air theme for the DW Forums, I'll pay you (with virtual hugs and kisses).

Share this post


Link to post

DW needs more themes in general.

 

I vote for "Void", "Techbase/Infested" "Crimson and Obsidian" and "Familiar (sp_)Faces"

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/14/2017 at 8:10 PM, Bauul said:

Too late, we've all gotten used to the new Doomworld now.  Not allowed to change it or we'll whine again.

Bring back Post Hell and I think we'll be okay.

Share this post


Link to post

Another for notable mappers; give one to Albertoni for his shrooms maps. The visuals may not be for everyone, but they're great fun. Zaneion for his fuckheug but well thought-out and detailed maps (abeit; many of the large areas seem to lack a certain something; prehaps appropriately sized things to shoot at, this is just from trying some vinur), I already mentioned others like floatrand.

 

Should we have additional 'stubs' in the side-column this year, prehaps for "style/trend setters" in doom terms; something that one person does; others pick up on, and quickly becomes a staple for doom that year? For example; cyber's void wad (became the root inspiration for countless void themes), whatever Skillsaw did this year (it's skillsaw), pieces of interesting detail (visual and mental connection for mappers), innovative use of assets (combining them in ways that normally wouldn't go together; for example Mouldy) and so forth?

Edited by SArais

Share this post


Link to post

SArais you really don't need bring nicknames from 4chan to here pls, anyway i don't feel i'm ready for this yet, time will tell when i will.

 

BTW, i'm with scalliano: +1 for Waterlab GZD from Enjay.

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, SArais said:

Should we have additional 'stubs' in the side-column this year, prehaps for "style/trend setters" in doom terms; something that one person does; others pick up on, and quickly becomes a staple for doom that year? For example; cyber's void wad (became the root inspiration for countless void themes), whatever Skillsaw did this year (it's skillsaw), pieces of interesting detail (visual and mental connection for mappers), innovative use of assets (combining them in ways that normally wouldn't go together; for example Mouldy) and so forth?

Sounds more like possible topics to explore in shows like Intermission or Evolution of the WAD rather than sidebar fodder in Cacowards. Most of the accompanying content already deals with interesting stuff that was trending that year (and we could still remember come December), so locking ourselves into more returning featurettes would be counterproductive. Not to mention it's technically filler that's projected to have roughly the same length as the main articles, so there's not much physical space to throw around. (And we were pretty successful with it last year until someone unbalanced page 1 with a huge photo of some old hippy.)

Share this post


Link to post

I'm not fond of using the term regardless; but it is certainly something that should be looked at and covered a bit. There's a lot of tricks that people should know about that come in real handy.

 

RIP nightmare beastiary

Edited by SArais

Share this post


Link to post

I did not play Stardate 20x7 yet. But knowing that it's Ribbiks we're talking about, it deserves a spot here as well!

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×