Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ThePetitDwarf

Can't find some servers in Doomseeker

I was trying to get into the /r/ Doom Zandronum Event server today, but no matter how many times I search it and refresh, I can't find it. However the people at the Discord server seem to be playing there without problems. It's the same with the Pika-Giblets server, which I used to be in the most but I thought they closed it when I couldn't find it anymore. Now I notice it also happens with the /r/ server, I know there's something wrong with my Doomseeker. Any idea?

Yeah use a better server browser called Doom Explorer and you DEFINITELY need to make sure your internet is free of errors and stuff. Ask someone for the EXACT wad list the server uses, load them up in singleplayer (how? ZDL or command line), and try to connect directly to the ip:port (type connect put.the.ip.here:port in console) If you can do that, there may be hope...

Combinebobnt said:

Yeah use a better server browser called Doom Explorer and you DEFINITELY need to make sure your internet is free of errors and stuff. Ask someone for the EXACT wad list the server uses, load them up in singleplayer (how? ZDL or command line), and try to connect directly to the ip:port (type connect put.the.ip.here:port in console) If you can do that, there may be hope...

I tried DE, and Pika-Giblets does appear. However, /r/ doesn't, and each time I double-clic a server it downloads all the missing wads and then nothing happens. I double-clic again and it asks me to download the missing wads again, despite it already did.

andrewj said:

Got filtering turned on?

Any filter is applied.

Doomkid said:

If you still can't query the server in Doom Explorer, check your internet settings and make sure you have the relevant port ranges open. This is not usually necessary simply for connecting, but it couldn't hurt to try. Hopefully this will help you out.

How do I do that? I googled it but all the info I see is about making personal servers.

This should help you with opening ports: https://portforward.com/router.htm

You need to know which port range /r/ uses. (FWIW, I've never seen a cluster with that name, though I only play about once or twice a week so that may be why.)

Also, in DE, be sure to check that the dir which getwad is downloading to is also a place it searches for pwads when connecting to a server.

Doomkid said:

This should help you with opening ports: https://portforward.com/router.htm

You need to know which port range /r/ uses. (FWIW, I've never seen a cluster with that name, though I only play about once or twice a week so that may be why.)

Also, in DE, be sure to check that the dir which getwad is downloading to is also a place it searches for pwads when connecting to a server.

Opening ports seems to be a long process. Wish me luck, guys. I'll post here if I manage to solve it by opening the ports.

Sounds you got filtering enabled.

Don't forward ports unless you actually want to start a server. No need to do it when you only connect.

If you know the ip:port you can manually set it via doom seeker config and join without asking maser server for help.