Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chainworm666

Chainworm Kommando v1.0 released

Hello there,
after 10.5 months of work, today I released my PWAD Chainworm Kommando.

It contains 10 new levels in various sizes (first 2-3 are pretty small, every following map got larger and larger) with a lot of details and stuff.

It's a pure single player WAD.
Requires ZDoom, GZDoom or Zandronum in order to play.

Screenshots, infos and downloads on the official homepage: http://www.chainworm.de
or at http://www.moddb.com/mods/chainworm-kommando

Thanks! I always liked the interactivity in games like Duke Nukem 3D and Shadow Warrior, and I tried to create some similar things. I always try to figure new stuff I could build with the limited possibilities of the Doom engine (I used standart Doom map format in this, I don't have much experience with advanced ZDoom features etc. but I will try some stuff in my next project).

The title map was more or less a done "by accident". Originally I just wanted to have some kind of landscape, the logo with scrolling chain textures and maybe some sprites like corpses. When creating the title map, I just wanted to see what happens if I put an enemie in it - how will it act, will it recognize the player start point etc.? When the Revenant started to run to the camera and beat it up, I literally laughed my ass off and decided to keep it that way. I always liked them punching the player other enemies :P

vespa said:

Really liked this, more people should give it a try.

Thanks! Nice to hear more people played (and even liked) it!

Unfortunately, it seems like the WAD has been rejected to be added to the idgames archive. I just wonder why, maybe because I used textures from other games like Hexen, Shadow Warrior etc.? I didn't think this would be a problem, because it feels like almost half of the other WADs out there do the same.

Or maybe it was another issue, but you never get a message why your WAD is rejected :(

The official rejects list on the idgames archive says:

Mon Dec 12 19:36:19 EST 2016 Rejected chainworm.txt because: filenames must be 8 characters maximum, no spaces. Read the instructions.
Mon Dec 12 19:36:19 EST 2016 Rejected chainworm.zip because: filenames must be 8 characters maximum, no spaces. Read the instructions.

grommile said:

The official rejects list on the idgames archive says:

Mon Dec 12 19:36:19 EST 2016 Rejected chainworm.txt because: filenames must be 8 characters maximum, no spaces. Read the instructions.
Mon Dec 12 19:36:19 EST 2016 Rejected chainworm.zip because: filenames must be 8 characters maximum, no spaces. Read the instructions.

Aaaah, thanks for the hint! Will bookmark this link and try it again later.
Never noticed chainworm is actually 9 letters, always thought it's short enough... I am so stupid.

just played it, loved it. Did not find any errors and did not get stuck. I was a little disappointed that the tape player in the evil dead has did not play the necronomicon. :) Thank you and everyone who helped. Great wad.

It was a half-hour portion of good impressions. The gameplay is pretty simple to the latest levels. The only really dangerous moment - a battle with the cyberdemon in a close labyrinth. Pleases an abundance of visual themes. Background music is just great! The most memorable in this project is microdetail. Neither where before I have seen so many all sorts of objects and tools made by sectors. It's a long and scrupulous work. The general "classical" geometry of the levels is not in contrast to this. In any case, this is a very elaborate, technical project with fun gameplay. I recommend to everyone!

Doom_Font_Green_Arrow.pngFirst Demo Attempt 1 hour 23 min (all maps), GZDoom 2.4.0

In my collection:

Blue_4_5.png - Visuals (4 / 5)
Blue_4_5.png - Detailing (4 / 5)
Blue_5_5.png - Gameplay (5 / 5)
Blue_3_5.png - Atmosphere (3 / 5)
Orange_3_5.png - Difficulty (3 / 5)

Green_4_5.png - Overall Rating (4 / 5)