Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
P1NKAC1D

Chainworm Kommando v1.0 released

Hello there,
after 10.5 months of work, today I released my PWAD Chainworm Kommando.

It contains 10 new levels in various sizes (first 2-3 are pretty small, every following map got larger and larger) with a lot of details and stuff.

It's a pure single player WAD.
Requires ZDoom, GZDoom or Zandronum in order to play.

Screenshots, infos and downloads on the official homepage: http://www.chainworm.de
or at http://www.moddb.com/mods/chainworm-kommando

Thanks! I always liked the interactivity in games like Duke Nukem 3D and Shadow Warrior, and I tried to create some similar things. I always try to figure new stuff I could build with the limited possibilities of the Doom engine (I used standart Doom map format in this, I don't have much experience with advanced ZDoom features etc. but I will try some stuff in my next project).

The title map was more or less a done "by accident". Originally I just wanted to have some kind of landscape, the logo with scrolling chain textures and maybe some sprites like corpses. When creating the title map, I just wanted to see what happens if I put an enemie in it - how will it act, will it recognize the player start point etc.? When the Revenant started to run to the camera and beat it up, I literally laughed my ass off and decided to keep it that way. I always liked them punching the player other enemies :P

vespa said:

Really liked this, more people should give it a try.

Thanks! Nice to hear more people played (and even liked) it!

Unfortunately, it seems like the WAD has been rejected to be added to the idgames archive. I just wonder why, maybe because I used textures from other games like Hexen, Shadow Warrior etc.? I didn't think this would be a problem, because it feels like almost half of the other WADs out there do the same.

Or maybe it was another issue, but you never get a message why your WAD is rejected :(

The official rejects list on the idgames archive says:

Mon Dec 12 19:36:19 EST 2016 Rejected chainworm.txt because: filenames must be 8 characters maximum, no spaces. Read the instructions.
Mon Dec 12 19:36:19 EST 2016 Rejected chainworm.zip because: filenames must be 8 characters maximum, no spaces. Read the instructions.

grommile said:

The official rejects list on the idgames archive says:

Mon Dec 12 19:36:19 EST 2016 Rejected chainworm.txt because: filenames must be 8 characters maximum, no spaces. Read the instructions.
Mon Dec 12 19:36:19 EST 2016 Rejected chainworm.zip because: filenames must be 8 characters maximum, no spaces. Read the instructions.

Aaaah, thanks for the hint! Will bookmark this link and try it again later.
Never noticed chainworm is actually 9 letters, always thought it's short enough... I am so stupid.

just played it, loved it. Did not find any errors and did not get stuck. I was a little disappointed that the tape player in the evil dead has did not play the necronomicon. :) Thank you and everyone who helped. Great wad.

It was a half-hour portion of good impressions. The gameplay is pretty simple to the latest levels. The only really dangerous moment - a battle with the cyberdemon in a close labyrinth. Pleases an abundance of visual themes. Background music is just great! The most memorable in this project is microdetail. Neither where before I have seen so many all sorts of objects and tools made by sectors. It's a long and scrupulous work. The general "classical" geometry of the levels is not in contrast to this. In any case, this is a very elaborate, technical project with fun gameplay. I recommend to everyone!

Doom_Font_Green_Arrow.pngFirst Demo Attempt 1 hour 23 min (all maps), GZDoom 2.4.0

In my collection:

Blue_4_5.png - Visuals (4 / 5)
Blue_4_5.png - Detailing (4 / 5)
Blue_5_5.png - Gameplay (5 / 5)
Blue_3_5.png - Atmosphere (3 / 5)
Orange_3_5.png - Difficulty (3 / 5)

Green_4_5.png - Overall Rating (4 / 5)

MAP09: Winterlingen is one of the most memorable maps I have ever played, wow! Such a cool theme and map tricks!

I really enjoyed this WAD. Love the map design, the inventive little touches and how it progressively moves from the techno-base to the more horror-dimension style.

I expected this to be a classic map set and super popular, so I'm surprised this thread doesn't have more views and posts. Hopefully more people discover and enjoy this set. It's really fun with Brutal Doom Platinum.

I recorded my playthrough (with Brutal Doom Platinium in UV + tactical mode, so weapons have recoil):

Since the thread has been bumped, I just want to take the opportunity to say that Chainworm Kommando is high-tier doomcute and should not be missed if you're into that sort of thing.