Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Share a random fact about yourself

I'm a sucker for energy drink cans.
bno5n85kb60ponazg.jpgEach and every can is different. It's only the ones in plain view - the last reported total is 92. And if you think this is madness, one of my semi-close acquintances actually has nearly 300 of them, each different aswell.

I used to collect rockstar cans, and in fact am trying the new beach blend flavour as we speak. My fianceé didn't like said can collection and we trashed them when we moved house :(

It was interesting to see how that one brand has evolved over the years.

I prefer Corn Flakes over any other cereal

I'm boring, i know.

I contributed to the Linux Kernel (although the contribution was very small). I like to be involved in the free software community, I strongly believe it helps people have a better access to information technology and it makes the world a better place where people can learn, because knowledge is important.

I have problem with writing messages first. It's more about fear to be ignored and being annoying at the same time :"")

4 hours ago, Major Arlene said:

*whispers* I'm an accounting major

You fucking masochist.

On 11/12/2016 at 8:55 PM, cannonball said:

I am a moderator for a weather forum in the UK. Yeah it really does consist of dozens of people moaning about how rubbish the UK climate is. :P

whats the name of the forum? a weather forum sounds up my street

I always edit my posts.

I hate Windows 10.

Edited by Spectra : Not immediately.

You didn't edit that post.

Edited by Tracer : Edited because they didn't

19 minutes ago, Megalyth said:

I like bread.

Your new custom title should be "bread expert" or something like that which includes bread.

Here is a random fact.

I prefer my steak so rare that it is actually still somewhat cool in the dead center.

I have never once touched a NES, SNES, or N64. I bought a GameCube and kept it for about a month and a half to play Re: Remake, that MGS remake, Metroid Prime and Eternal Darkness. After that I sold it back. I don't care about anything Mario or Zelda.

I was given my first PC at about 4 years old, my father taught me how to get to the games in MS-DOS. (Primarily Commander Keen and other Apogee platformers.) and I would play DOOM on his computer while he was at work.

The only console I ever owned myself was the PS2 which I owned around 100 games for, though I had played games on other people's PS1, Genesis, and Dreamcast. I also found an abandoned silver PSP at a Wal-Mart parking lot, and a few days later someone left pristine copies of God of War, GTA and Final Fantasy for the PSP on a bench next to that Wal-Mart. I knew someone that worked there, brought them in to lost and found, and after a few days no one came to pick them up so they gave them to me. Unfortunately playing on the PSP made me feel sick to my stomach so I sold it and the games.

Only about a few weeks later I found an abandoned iPod Touch at that same parking lot. It was kind of banged up, but it still worked fine. Probably the first and only time an Apple product didn't piss me off, probably because it was free.

On the flip side, I set my wallet down on a table in a laundromat once, went away for a minute, came back and it was *poof* gone. Luckily I'm usually broke as fuck and don't carry much in my wallet!

My first Warhammer 40K army were the Dark Eldar. Such a fun hobby, but goddamn is it expensive over time. Now I just stick to playing Dawn of War...

At one point I had around 500ish Magic the Gathering Cards, lots of really good rares at the time too.

As an older kid, I collected Military Micro Machines and Pokemon cards. Had massive collections.

At one point I had around maybe 300 CD albums, mostly a lot of metal, hip-hop and industrial dancey stuff. Can you tell I've always liked collecting things? (Hence always being broke.)

Nowadays I collect broken dreams and sadness. And calories.

33 minutes ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

Your new custom title should be "bread expert" or something like that which includes bread.

"I embrace bread" ;-)

I never finished college.  The classes for my major (computer science) were all completed, as was my minor in Japanese, and even some that would have gone towards a masters degree.  But, I never finished some of the general ed classes.

I can read/write/speak some Esperanto, some Spanish, and some Japanese.

I have an odd fascination with really, really old recipes.

I turned down a game development job once because they wouldn't let me write GPL code.

2 hours ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Oh, don't you worry. Masochists play chillax for fun ;-)

What's wrong with chillax? :angryreact: 

I owned a SNES as my first foray into video games and my first video game was Super Empire Strikes Back, and despite having a few games for the system I never owned any major Nintendo licensed IP games like Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Kirby etc. which is probably why I have zero attachment and interest in these IPs even though I do think Kirby is kinda cute.

I had a PSX as my next video game system and would have a few games for it once again, with my favorite ones on the platform being Silent Hill, Dino Crisis and Doom. My first PS2 game would be Devil May Cry and I would have a little over 20 or so games for this console, like Silent Hill 2-4, Grand Theft Auto trilogy, The Suffering, BloodRayne, and Run Like Hell to name some notable favorites.

Somewhere between the transition from SNES to PSX I was getting into DOS and Win9x gaming at age 10 which would eventually take over almost completely before the PS2 days thanks to the abundance of shareware and demos for the numerous games I'd come to love over the years with Wolf3D, Doom, Heretic/Hexen, Quake, Blood, Carmageddon, Postal and so on.

1 minute ago, stru said:

What's wrong with chillax? :angryreact: 

I didn't say there was anything wrong with it. In fact chillax is one of my favourite wads.

1 hour ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

I embrace bread