Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Share a random fact about yourself

1 minute ago, MarsHappyNation said:

I used to write a lot of short stories and poetry during my early teens.

I can't wait to look back at mine with resentment and regret, lol 

I have a phobia to bees, wasps, and anything that can fly and sting hard. Curiously, I've never been stung by any of these species, but the moment I see one of those flying around me, I might run the f*** away or paralyze until it's gone. 

My grandma said to me once: "bees are nice". That must be the only time I didn't believe her.

I've been sting by bees once. I was on a wooden balcony and their nest was suspended under it. They came out after me because of the vibration as I walked. I had to run away trough gravel which was hurtful, I was bare foot. I got stung three time in my big toe and it was paralyzed for a while. Still, I'm not scared of them because they won't hurt you if you don't mess with them.

10 minutes ago, axdoomer said:

I've been sting by bees once. I was on a wooden balcony and their nest was suspended under it. They came out after me because of the vibration as I walked. I had to run away trough gravel which was hurtful, I was bare foot. I got stung three time in my big toe and it was paralyzed for a while. Still, I'm not scared of them because they won't hurt you if you don't mess with them.

Nah, fuck that. Still scared of them. Even if I don't move or threaten them, they fly directly to my face. Or near my head, which would suck if my hair was longer, cause it'd get stuck in my curly locks and tresses. 

I have the same phobia for bees wasps and anything with sting.

My parents always tell me: <<They do their job and you do yours.>>

But I can't relax completely when they are near me, especially wasps. I am like: <<OH GOD, IT'S COMING FOR ME!!!>>

So, I leave the place most of the time (manliness over 9000).

However, now that I think about it, I haven't seen any aggressive bees around me. They indeed do their jobs.

BUT THE DAMN WASPS ARE PURE BASTARDS!!! They may sting for no reason at all and they don't die afterwards! Just great!

I've been stung 2 times in the past, as a kid, by wasps and it was a traumatising experience.

^ can you please write write " " " " normal quote marks instead of that silly <<>>, please please please? On the English keyboard, it's shift+the key next to L

4 hours ago, ShotgunDemolition said:

However, now that I think about it, I haven't seen any aggressive bees around me. They indeed do their jobs.

BUT THE DAMN WASPS ARE PURE BASTARDS!!! They may sting for no reason at all and they don't die afterwards! Just great!

I've been stung 2 times in the past, as a kid, by wasps and it was a traumatising experience.

As far as I am aware, bees are more prone to sting, eventhough they die because of that.

33 minutes ago, bzzrak said:

" "

Ok, since I am writing in English, I guess I should use " " instead of << >>. The latter are symbols from my language, so it is that I am a bit more used to those. Anyways, I will try using " " next time.     :)

AND THE << >> ARE NOT SILLY!!!   :( 

29 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

As far as I am aware, bees are more prone to sting, eventhough they die because of that.

Really? Then I must have been very lucky or something. Or I haven't seen as many bees as I have seen wasps in my life.

Since everyone's talking about food: I generally like everything. The only thing I remember really loathing as a little kid was that awful canned spinach. To this day, I'm a bit touchy about cooked vegetables. I'm also not really big on seafood either...

10 hours ago, MarsHappyNation said:

I used to write a lot of short stories and poetry during my early teens. Needless to say it's some of the most embarrassing, overdramatic stuff you can possibly imagine. I have it all buried away in a folder somewhere so I won't accidentally stumble across it. Fun times.

Haha! So do I! :-P A couple years ago, my younger siblings found my folder, though, and now they tease me mercilessly. XD

I just told an insect to fuck off. I do that kind of thing quite often. Someday the insects and inanimate objects will take heed,  I'm sure of it.

Yeah I am terrified of spiders.  I respect them, I think tarantulas are cool, but I am absolutely scared stiff of them.

I generally love insects, though. My wife and I used to keep pet katydids and praying mantises.

While we are on the topic, I jokingly thought to myself that I would tell someone this but holy crap I am actually gonna say this:

I made friends with a spider in my bathroom. Yeah, she (I think, I googled how to tell and that's my conclusion anyway) has been in there for 3 days, I just hope the other person in the house doesn't freak out and kill her ahahahah. I always baby talk it, I don't really even do that with my cats. Yes, I am weird.

I get absolutely petrified when I see a cockroach, or any other big insect. I still have the luxury of having my mom nearby to beg her to kill the winged assface.

Living alone is gonna be so great

I'd like to put a image of a spider of here but the folks here would run thanks to phobia :D

I had a bathroom spider too. She was there for couple of weeks, then went for a walk around the house, made a return back to the bathroom, but died on the threshold. There it was dead the next morning. Aww... I really liked that spider.

2 minutes ago, nicolas monti said:

I don't talk with people about mapping because they don't understand what I'm talking about.

huh?

45 minutes ago, leodoom85 said:

huh?

Well.. if you start a conversation with a girl you just met or with your grandpa about action 62 or secret exits you live in a wonderful world.

3 minutes ago, nicolas monti said:

Well.. if you start a conversation with a girl you just met or with your grandpa about action 62 or secret exits you live in a wonderful world.

Hahaha, probably with my grandpa but not with a woman ;)

Sorry man.

3 hours ago, YukiRaven said:

Yeah I am terrified of spiders.  I respect them, I think tarantulas are cool, but I am absolutely scared stiff of them.

Weirdest thing.  I also respect spiders.  I think they are the most efficiently and beautifully designed creatures on Earth.  But they terrify me.

But tarantulas don't scare me.  I can hold those in my hands without issue.

I don't know if it is due to the domestication of the species or what...but they don't bother me.

Edited by Tracer

Another random fact.

Whenever I get comfortable in a room, I take note of every possible exit or solution for as many situations as I can think of.  Whether it's a sudden home invasion, a tornado, a fire...I generally have a plan for all of those by the time I get settled in my seat.  I've been that way since I was a young teen.

6 minutes ago, Tracer said:

Whether it's a sudden home invasion, a tornado, a fire...I generally have a plan for all of those by the time I get settled in my seat.

What about earthquakes? 

I'm more fond of earthquakes because of the place where I live....

I haven't because in my area those aren't an issue.

But I have a plan for one now, thanks to you.  Haha.

Just now, nxGangGirl said:

I find natural disasters fun to be in the middle of. Especially floods and tornados.

You're fucking high.