Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Share a random fact about yourself

Earthquakes are my thing but tornados?.....big nope...

Why? because there's no tornados here

My town gets those on occasion. Early this spring a tornado took off the roof of a local fast food place, it was rather hilarious.

Also there has been a history of flooding, but it's not very deep, and has only rarely reached the neighborhood.

I nearly died from heat stroke seven years ago, and no longer have the ability to sweat.  On the bright side, I don't need to use deodorant anymore, but I do so anyway out of habit.

When I was a kid, I used to be really really really scared of monsters from games. Monsters that look silly and the complete opposite of creepy nowadays, but back then, oh my... I had to call my mom or my dad to accompany me when I was about to face the biggest monsters. 

Now take a look of what used to scare me:

nicky2_000.png.0ed43c70fcc553bdf11c523b8609e82d.pngnicky_000.png.302a9bd84ea04e823f48d8368f1e0502.png

I know right?

8 hours ago, nicolas monti said:

Well.. if you start a conversation with a girl you just met or with your grandpa about action 62 or secret exits you live in a wonderful world.

I live in a mapping commune. Earlier today an old couple suddenly rose out of the ground in front of me, saying, 'action 19, sonny'. /s

Edited by rdwpa

I don't like Tea and I never will. No the way you make it won't change my mind. It's not for me.

I tell everyone I don't like sushi but I never tried it.

About insectoids and vermin:

Spoiler

I liek spiders. I fucking hate everything else and I either purge that shit in holy flames or everlasting water or some third epic shit. I have no problem with spiders because they make webs for these other fuckers and have dinner. Meanwhile fuck moths, fuck butterflies, fuck regular flies, fuck forest flies, fuck everything that flies that is tinier than a bird. Also fuck grasshoppers, fuck praying mantises, fuck worms, fuck centipedes, fuck milipedes, generally fuck everything that hops, leaps, and crawls. So every walk out in the nature has me killing these fuckers.

I have no problems with sneks, but a lot of people I know and love do, so whenever I see one of them I fucking rek em.

Also, I happen to start feeling better whenever everyone else arounds me feels bad/sad, and I want to spread my happiness around and cheer people up. If you really wanna know, yes, most of replies to my jam is "Fuck off."

--

Spoiler

I fucking hate dank memes. I am going to restrict my future kids access to d(evil) memes, and teach them they are better off without them. I also expected to have people fight me over it in the future like people fight anti-vaxxers these days as well. Except I have a point. Woops, paradox incoming.

9 hours ago, Britney_Is_King said:

So it's normal to have a pet spider lurk in your bathroom? Cause I had one and it was a Daddy long legs, but I'm not sure where it is now. 

yeah it makes sense that they'd hang out in there, it's usually dark and moist with plenty of water for them to drink. 

My favorite pizza is pineapple & ham pizza

i like how this has become a meme but that sounds so good right now. I actually didn't use to like pineapple on pizza but it grew on me. 

On 11.12.2016 at 7:45 AM, Tracer said:

Just for fun and community strengthening...let's share some random facts about ourselves.

Here's one about me. I prefer hot green tea with honey over coffee in the morning.

And I drink copious amounts of coffee in the mornings. I'm a night owl, I hate mornings. I walk around like one of our beloved zombies I'd I had to get up early. In the evenings however it's like I have unlimited energy. 

Leatherface is my favorite human horror movie character.  But I think every single Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie after the first one is absolute garbage.

I like spiders because they send some truly gross bugs to hell. I would rather have spiders than centipedes, the latter are so frickin fast and crawly they don't make me feel at easy even though they are harmless. I don't have any milipedes where I live but I probably wouldn't like them much. There are people who keep pet millipedes and they look cute in a terrarium and are incredibly interesting to watch them in a sequestered environment but something about them looks strange to me.

Also I took an Insects and Ecology class in college and they basically tell you that relative to their size and genetics, insects are the dominant form of life on earth. There are tens of millions of different kinds of them, they are stronger than bacteria and parasites, they can survive ridiculous environments, they can pull weight that a human could never dream of lifting/pulling, they can be dropped off a table and think nothing about it, meanwhile a human falling off a skyscraper would be dead instantly. Falling off a table for a Madagascar Cockroach is like being dropped off an enormous sky scraper for a human.

Now we could quibble that bacteria are the dominant form of life on earth but insects are truly more versatile in the things they can build, accomplish, they start wars with each other, they live in an uneasy alliance with humans since they control our food supply (pollination). It's true that without bacteria there could be no bugs but without bugs, bacteria would also have a much harder time being spread around the planet Earth. [/rant]

I don't mind spiders. But fuck centipedes. When I lived in my apartment back in MN, I would see them at least 2-3 times a month and they're honestly disgusting looking. They were big fuckers too, about the size of my thumb. They're fucking fast, their movement patterns are strange, they like to stick to the undersides of tables, and they  commonly crawl out of the sink and tub drain, ugh.

And these are just house centipedes. I can't imagine what it's like living in an area with the bigger ones, which I hear not only have a very mean and painful bite, but are also highly aggressive and also very quick. So much so they warn people not to poke them with sticks because they'll just crawl up it and bite you.

I always found it pretty interesting how game developers rarely use the centipede, and always go to the spider. I guess the fear of spiders is more universal. To me, the giant tarantula in RE is adorable, whereas the giant centipede in RE 0 is a Cthulhu hellspawn that needs to be purged immediately.

I also find leeches and lampreys unnerving. Jelly Fish too. You know what? Fuck the whole ocean.

12 hours ago, Chezza said:

I don't like Tea and I never will. No the way you make it won't change my mind. It's not for me.

That's a shame, there's a lot of different kinds of tea in addition to flavors, and it's pretty much all good for you.

1 hour ago, Tracer said:

Leatherface is my favorite human horror movie character.  But I think every single Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie after the first one is absolute garbage.

I thought the 2003 remake and its 2006 prequel were alright if you just want to see people die with the original film's 1970's setting. They weren't quite The Devil's Rejects but they were sorta similar.

The problem with trust issues is that knowing I have them causes me to look past perhaps otherwise red flag events and I only sink deeper and deeper in over my head.

You're a lot further along than me, Fonze. I don't even consider events where I *could* give away my trust. It's just not an option (most of the time). I'm not a computer in the fact I deny my trust every single time but it just never seems relevant to the context that I share things about myself to another person.

Years of dat bachelor life getting older while my friends are starting families will do that to you heh.

It's funny how when we recognize our faults we sometimes create new ones in our attempts to compensate for existing ones we fail to conquer in our mental weakness. Some things I just cannot do without turning off the main switch, so to speak; I have troubles trusting people that without totally throwing away the thoughts, which are good and helpful in their own time, I cannot commit within my head to make the attempt to press forward with a relationship. Of course we cannot truly totally throw away thoughts; no matter how we may try, we find them again later, but in the constant struggle it's hard to give credence to non-trusting thoughts and not to totally dismiss them as my idle mind's paranoid perceptions.

[/ramble]

6 hours ago, Fonze said:

Years of dat bachelor life getting older while my friends are starting families will do that to you heh.

It's funny how when we recognize our faults we sometimes create new ones in our attempts to compensate for existing ones we fail to conquer in our mental weakness. Some things I just cannot do without turning off the main switch, so to speak; I have troubles trusting people that without totally throwing away the thoughts, which are good and helpful in their own time, I cannot commit within my head to make the attempt to press forward with a relationship. Of course we cannot truly totally throw away thoughts; no matter how we may try, we find them again later, but in the constant struggle it's hard to give credence to non-trusting thoughts and not to totally dismiss them as my idle mind's paranoid perceptions.

[/ramble]

You just don't want it as much as you want something else such as freedom to do what you want.

In my endless quest to be a successful capitalist in a society that would otherwise throw me out on the street, I manage about 16 different social media profiles to promote my work, which includes photography, video, illustration, design and music production. Most of my time is spent designing and promoting. Unfortunately I've ended up spreading myself too thin and the amount of money coming in is sub-slave wage, but whadaya gonna do?

14 hours ago, geo said:

You just don't want it as much as you want something else such as freedom to do what you want.

Perhaps, or maybe the fear of being abandoned leads to my preemptive abandoning of others. Or maybe it is just the discrepancy between the thought of something and the reality; thoughts are always easier to deal with, heh. C'est la vie what a funny world we travel.

I enjoy crafting things.

Models, miniature landscapes, repurposing things...I get a real kick out of making things.

8 hours ago, Mr_Fox said:

i am a fox

I have heard the brace position is intended to break your neck, but that might be faux.

Guest Unregistered account

Speaking of foxes (kinda), does anyone remember the Doom II Duel map, Foxtrot? It had a kickin' tune which I believe was composed specially for it, by the author's friend, I think.