Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Share a random fact about yourself

10 hours ago, GoatLord said:

I've been a hobbyist drummer for 13 years.

Do you have some recordings of you playing?

I have been playing guitar for 16 years and I have been messing around with FLStudio for about 10.

Soundcloud to FLStudio stuff.

I never take shortcuts.

This happened to me when I just a kid. I remember one day after school I was walking home, I decided to take a short cut through some bushes. It was autumn and there were leaves everywhere, and there just happened to be a nice pile of leaves waiting to be kicked. And as I did, I heard the sound of breaking sticks and I found myself falling into an open manhole. Fortunately I reacted fast and was able to hold onto the edges of the opening. I remember looking down into darkness and heard the sound of flowing water, but I couldn't see it. I managed to pull myself up and out of the hole. 

32 minutes ago, Piper Maru said:

I never take shortcuts.

This happened to me when I just a kid. I remember one day after school I was walking home, I decided to take a short cut through some bushes. It was autumn and there were leaves everywhere, and there just happened to be a nice pile of leaves waiting to be kicked. And as I did, I heard the sound of breaking sticks and I found myself falling into an open manhole. Fortunately I reacted fast and was able to hold onto the edges of the opening. I remember looking down into darkness and heard the sound of flowing water, but I couldn't see it. I managed to pull myself up and out of the hole. 

Holy shit...that was close...

54 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

I don't like slaughter maps...

I fucking love them ;-)

Who doesn't like it.....oh, I know...

By the way, I stopped playing any kind of consoles two years ago and get stuck on my trusty laptop...

I collect rocks. I even have a piece of brick from auschwitz my polish english teacher (who moved to brazil when WWII broke out) gave to me.

do not know if it's something special or normal, but I know it's something I hate.

If I am quiet for more than 15 minutes I become severely depressed, I need to keep busy with something that really requires my attention, being silent is something painful for me because I am not able to control my consciousness or thoughts, and I almost always think bad things about my that hurt me, even if some are not true. I need a lot of distraction in my life, I know life itself is absurd, but I refuse to accept such a fraudulent and vain life, I know I can make a mark for my own sense, not the universe.

On 9/20/2017 at 2:42 PM, Myst.Haruko said:

I'm resurrecting this thread and share random fact. So, I like to read those emotional anime visual novels when I'm alone. Heh, yeah, nobody cares anyway. 

Planetarian is pretty incredible. 

7 hours ago, Piper Maru said:

I never take shortcuts.

wow, i'm happy you save yourself. what this forum will be do without you

Okay here is a real fact about myself- bit of an odd one!

I have patches of skin with different pigmentation on my feet- it's not a skin problem or anything wrong...just...how my feet are lol- big huge patches darker than the rest of my skin. My left is a little less affected by it than my right- my big toe is still normal colour and goes up to my leg but the whole left side of it is darker. Right foot is pretty much covered in one huge dark patch but my toes are not. ...so yeah ;P

6 hours ago, Fuzzball said:

I have patches of skin with different pigmentation

I'v a family member with that all over her body.

I'm in a play at Glendale Community College this semester. I'm playing the husband with the wife from hell and an unfortunate baby in Baby With the Bathwater. Performances are in November.

It's my second leading role ever.

For a period of primary school, I was getting pulled out of classes because I was the special needs kid or something. My teachers thought I was autistic, but those special lesson things + a visit from a psychiatrist they determined that I was actually normal, but really intelligent.

I wonder where I went wrong, lol

On 9/30/2017 at 8:32 PM, Piper Maru said:

I never take shortcuts... 

That sounds like someone actually set a trap. Probably just kids being dumb, but damn. Even as a kid I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing that I might have crippled or killed a random stranger.

Random fact about myself would be that I LOVE tattoos. Also love cartoons like beavis and butthead and rick and morty. Cant get enough of those two toons! :D

On 9/21/2017 at 10:39 AM, DemonusDefunctus said:

FLStudio

I absolutely hated Frooty Loops back in the day. Maybe it's different now I dunno, but I've spent 10 years with Ableton and I'm never gonna switch to anything else now at this point.

39 minutes ago, Neurosis said:

I absolutely hated Frooty Loops back in the day. Maybe it's different now I dunno, but I've spent 10 years with Ableton and I'm never gonna switch to anything else now at this point.

Yeah, I feel the same. I started using it when I was 16. It wasn't until after I got super used to that I learned there were others and just couldn't adjust. It has much improved since 4.1? ...I believe. But the overall work flow is basically the same. 

19 hours ago, Deviant Force said:

Random fact about myself would be that I LOVE tattoos.

Me too!  And piercings, too.  I'm hoping to get at least one more tattoo and a few more piercings by the end of the year.

Anyways, random fact: at least half of my home decor is technically halloween decorations, because everyday is Halloween.  The other half is made up of Gunpla, game/anime art, witchcraft-y stuff, or Godzilla figures.

Another random fact: I have and still sometimes use an Atari 400 computer.

1 hour ago, YukiRaven said:

Another random fact: I have and still sometimes use an Atari 400 computer.

What do you use that one for I wonder. Chiptunes perhaps?

8 minutes ago, YukiRaven said:

Me too!  And piercings, too.  I'm hoping to get at least one more tattoo and a few more piercings by the end of the year.

Anyways, random fact: at least half of my home decor is technically halloween decorations, because everyday is Halloween.  The other half is made up of Gunpla, game/anime art, witchcraft-y stuff, or Godzilla figures.

This is why we love you Yuki :)

3 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

What do you use that one for I wonder. Chiptunes perhaps?

Not yet, right now it's just to play old games and to play around with an oldschool BASIC interpreter.  But they're games I actually enjoy, and some I grew up with, so it's fun to use in that sense.

I'm also working out how to embed my Raspberry Pi into it, then hook its horrible keyboard into the GPIO ports through a breadboard.  Then I could put a toggle switch so that the keyboard either drives the Pi or the Atari itself.  I have the electronics worked out, so it's just a matter of finding time and getting the rest of the required parts, then writing some code.

EDIT: though actually, abusing that POKEY chip could be a really good idea...

So how does one utilize old gaming systems in order to make chiptunes? There's tons of free VSTi chiptune dlls out there BUT I love the idea of using actual hardware to do it as well

6 minutes ago, Neurosis said:

So how does one utilize old gaming systems in order to make chiptunes? There's tons of free VSTi chiptune dlls out there BUT I love the idea of using actual hardware to do it as well

Yeah, there are a lot of free and non-free VSTis that do a pretty good job.  Plogue's Chipsounds, 38911bytes, and the free VOPM comes to mind immediately, but there are others as well.  In fact, 38911bytes provided the bass in this song...

Anyway, I think a lot of musicians who do use the original hardware either compose using a tracker program or similar directly on the hardware, or, they have a player program that can load a music file from a custom ROM that was made with an external program.  The latter is easy if you have a device that lets you use an SD card on an old system.  There's one program on Linux, Windows, and OSX called Deflemask that emulates the chips itself, but can save .vgm and ROM files that could be loaded this way into an emulator or on real hardware.  It's a fun program that I've been playing with, and while it won't appear on my next album, it will eventually appear in something I do in the future.

1 hour ago, Neurosis said:

you may be interested in this:

Just random fact again. I just wish that I could write poems in english as good as I write them in my native language. Maybe, it's because that I lack more deeper words to express myself and subjects in english than I can do this in my native language.