Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Share a random fact about yourself

1 minute ago, Csonicgo said:

I cannot stand any body hair, to the point of shaving multiple times a day. I'm looking into treatment to remove it for good. Gah.

Been there. Other than my head. I always feel like it ALL MUST GO. I have nightmares bout getting old and having long dark arm hair.

My facial hair is a goatee. It use to cover my whole chin but now it is reduced to a Brazilian. Looks sleeker.

When I listen to Whitney Houston's "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" I sing along with her.

Nice and loud.

The last time I shaved my beard off I hated how I looked so much I got actually depressed. I need my facial hair or my self-esteem falls off a cliff. Don't really care about my head hair though, I usually shave that all off.

When I look at photos of me at like 16 years old, it looks like I didn't change at all, not even a bit. The only thing that changed is the length of my hair. Kind of wut?

I have completely ditched out the word "penis" from my vocal-vocabulary and replaced it with "PAINIS". Yep. I even draw out the word like "paaAINis".

I still use the word "penis", but only when I really gotta do... Which in my life, is almost never.

Welcome to Ultra Progressive World, etc. etc.

On topic, I can't seem to sleep more than four hours per day. It only becomes an issue when I fall asleep before midnight or so. I wake up not knowing what time it is, and I don't want to look because there's a chance in hell I might get some more sleep in, but if it's 4:17am and I have to get up at 5, there's no way I'm falling asleep again.

A certain percent of the population of earth only need to sleep ~3 hours and they will feel as fresh as people who need to sleep 7 hours does when they do. Think about that.

17 minutes ago, NeedHealth said:

A certain percent of the population of earth only need to sleep ~3 hours and they will feel as fresh as people who need to sleep 7 hours does when they do. Think about that.

What's odd to me is that I used to sleep 10+ hours a day, easily. At this rate, by the time I'm 40, I'll only sleep four hours every two days, and so on, until I hit some kind of quantum barrier and the universe cancels itself out.

On 11/1/2017 at 2:11 AM, Spectre01 said:

I remember being 20 and walking home from Uni. Pass by two highschool girls and overhear one saying "Was that a guy or a girl?" :'(

Yeah I was mistaken for a woman a couple of months ago, despite the beard. I could understand it if they were looking at me behind, but they were right in front of me, wtf??

On the flip side, around the same time a little girl, I guess maybe 3 or 4 years old saw me and then asked her dad why I've got long hair. Wish I'd heard the answer xD

22 hours ago, NeedHealth said:

A certain percent of the population of earth only need to sleep ~3 hours and they will feel as fresh as people who need to sleep 7 hours does when they do.

I've heard that what happens when you sleep very little for a long time is that your body sort of adapts to the ridiculous sleeping schedule and makes you feel that you're doing fine, but in reality your health is suffering quite a lot. I don't have any sources at the moment though.

On 11/2/2017 at 6:48 AM, Csonicgo said:

I cannot stand any body hair, to the point of shaving multiple times a day. I'm looking into treatment to remove it for good. Gah.

Existing as me for a day would be 24 hours of hell for you. I'm a human jungle.

22 hours ago, Battle_Korbi said:

I have completely ditched out the word "penis" from my vocal-vocabulary and replaced it with "PAINIS".

I recommend paninis instead, they're fucking good when made well

I've heard that what happens when you sleep very little for a long time is that your body sort of adapts to the ridiculous sleeping schedule and makes you feel that you're doing fine, but in reality your health is suffering quite a lot. I don't have any sources at the moment though.

This is correct. It was purely a placebo effect, anyone sleeping under 6 hours a day is suffering consequences to their health whether or not they realize it or feel it:

Sleep deprivation prevents your immune system from building up its forces. If you don't get enough sleep, your body may not be able to fend off invaders. Long-term sleep deprivation also increases your risk for chronic illnesses like diabetes and heart disease.

Edited by Doomkid

The problem is that I can't sleep whenever I want to, basically. I have to adhere to my job's schedule. I'll wake up in the middle of the night, and the carnival in my head goes into overdrive immediately. By the time I would be able to fall asleep again, it's time to get the fuck up and go to work.

It wouldn't be so bad if my god damned computer was working and I could play games or work on maps. I need a new hard drive. Hopefully this week I'll be able to get one.

Edited by Megalyth : Reason for edit

That sucks ass, man. If you have times where you know you'll be able to dedicate a few hours to sleep, maybe check with your doctor about options - I'd hazard a guess that some sort of sleep assisting agent would have less negative side effects than sleep deprivation itself but obviously I could be wrong or that may just not be practical. For the sake of your health though there would have to be some kind of solution. You can't go on forever like that, your body simply won't let you and it would be tragic for it to have any serious effect that gets in the way of life/parenthood/etc. [/concerned, possibly misplaced blabbing]

On 11/2/2017 at 8:48 AM, Csonicgo said:

I shaved my armpits once while jogging every day during a hot summer. Felt like I was running with cacti up there. Been keeping it au naturel below my neck ever since.

On 11/2/2017 at 1:52 AM, Impie said:

When I listen to Whitney Houston's "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" I sing along with her.

Nice and loud.

This song has been stuck in my head all week

Back in '98, some friends and I were going to go see Henry Rollins when he came to Chicago to do a spoken word routine. We'd been into Rollins Band for a few years (admittedly because of the Liar video, but we were rather quick to realize there was a lot more to his act than just that), and we'd just discovered he had spoken word albums, which we were in love with because Henry Rollins spoken word, what could be better? He just had a way of talking that you could listen to and think, "this is truth," no matter how you may have disagreed on principle.

But somehow, between general exhaustion, school work, and lack of planning, we all missed the show. So we shrugged and went about business as usual.

Later that year, Think Tank came out. It was a double-disc spoken word, arranged such that the first CD was more quick-moving and comic-based, while the second CD was more slow and story-telling based. The second CD had older recordings from his world tours - one from Australia, some from England perhaps - I forget the specifics, because of what happened with the first CD. I looked at the date it was recorded, and then the location it was recorded. And it was the date and location of the show that we were going to attend. Then we all looked at it. And every single one of us was like "FFFFFFUUUUUU- we could have been there for Think Tank!"

And that's my top attendance-based regret.

On 11/2/2017 at 4:21 PM, Mayhem666 said:

When I look at photos of me at like 16 years old, it looks like I didn't change at all, not even a bit. The only thing that changed is the length of my hair. Kind of wut?

Same, except I was more like 22 or 24 when that happened.

(I'm 36 now.)

On 11/1/2017 at 2:48 PM, Csonicgo said:

shaving multiple times a day.

w-hat-inv.gif

EDIT: Another random fact about myself.... seems like 50% of my recent posts wind up at the top of a new page.

FRONT. AND. CENTER.

Spoiler

I hate that too.

Spoiler

Unless I want to show off a screen, then I wait for it.

3 minutes ago, MegaZzZeux said:

Hmm... I worked a fast food job for basically 13 years straight...that's a random fact of disappointment...

I worked ONE job in my my life at a fast food place for about 2 months. After that I never got another job and went into business for my self.

20 minutes ago, DemonusDefunctus said:

I worked ONE job in my my life at a fast food place for about 2 months. After that I never got another job and went into business for my self.

I dont even have a job...

2 minutes ago, Anidrex_1009 said:

I dont even have a job...

You will find something just keep looking. If not make use of your unique talents and go the ebay/etsy route. It's not too hard. Simpler the DECORATE imho.

Everything sells basically. Just have to have the right price and service.

I have a big heart and it's hard for me to not help someone out sometimes, if possible.

I love Chinese food, but later I feel like crap.

I'm a computer wizard/cable technician and drummer.

I love art and creating texture animations/maps/sound and music.

I'm a lover, not a fighter. But I will fight for the things I love.

I find quiche to be completely unappetising. 

I love haggis, but only ever tried it once.

I've never eaten an entire McDonald's hamburger before. I had a bite of one when I was about 12, and that was it for awhile. I had another bite of one a few months ago, and it was just as nasty as I remembered.

Pizza Hut's pastas are better than their pizzas. 

KFC used to be pretty good. They went downhill about 5 years ago.

Anchovies are very underrated, and I wish more pizzerias offered them as a topping. 

When I was 15 I got fired from my Summer job as a dishwasher at a buffet because I accidentally blew up the dishwasher. 

Edited by Ajora

18 hours ago, Mr.Rocket said:

I love Chinese food, but later I feel like crap.

My wife and I every time we leave the house. We just cannot make ourselves eat it anymore.

11 minutes ago, Ajora said:

Archviles are very underrated, and I wish more pizzerias offered them as a topping. 

This is what I read.

20 hours ago, Mr.Rocket said:

I love Chinese food, but later I feel like crap

Few months ago i work in one chinese restaurant and after that i stop ordering and eat chinese food at all because the way how they manage kitchen, backround and mostly storage food was just too much disgusting for me.

@NeedHealth i wonder how pizza like this could taste

Posted on here a while ago and thought it was time to share some more randomness:

When I'm trying to sleep, I am unimaginably intolerant of most forms of light. For me, excess light is almost the same as a sudden noise, it will wake me up almost immediately. Even if the light is in a different room, if is coming from under the door or something it's impossible for me to sleep. I'm in university right now and one of my roommates* is so careless when it comes to turning the lights off; he actually posted a sign in the unit once that said: "Keep lights on so we can see we don't pay electric bill". I talked to him about this and he didn't seem too unhappy with me, but he still leaves them on anyway. I've even posted signs over the light switches to remind him!

I am completely unable to verbally state my opinions in a way that doesn't irritate other people. I'm always reminded that it's just my opinion. No one is ever able to tell when I'm being sarcastic, either. I also suck at coming up with responses under pressure, not witty comebacks, just responses in general when I don't have much time to process my thoughts.

I love Bionicles. No, not those new ones! The original series! It pisses me off that my adult brain seemingly has decided that all the individual names of the characters are unimportant and forgot most of them. I'll never forget you, Turahk!

I'm in the process of inventing my own language. I haven't worked on it for over a year, but I've made my own alphabet and some basic word/sentence structure that accidentally ended up being too restrictive, though the alphabet itself is designed to be as impractical as possible. The language is called (Rah][Zem][JeR][iiL][Ak)** (pronounced exactly how you think it is). It will need a lot of reworking before I can reveal anything about its structure or vocabulistics.

*not really a roommate, we don't share a room; it's more like a four-pod unit.

**That is the romanized version of the word. Parenthesis denote the beginning and end of the word while the brackets show where the actual letters start and end. Underlined letters have added emphasis.

Edited by Skeletonpatch