Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Share a random fact about yourself

2 hours ago, cyan0s1s said:

Nowadays I notice a lot of young people in general tend to look much older than they ever have compared to my generation. Something changed.

Don't chickens and other animals have a lot of hormones on them nowadays? I wouldn't be surprised if that's actually affecting people.

On 1/12/2018 at 3:40 AM, cyan0s1s said:

I'll be 29 this month yet I may as well be infiltrating a campus seeing as I look no younger than an 18 year old. Even got the damn acne, and I can't grow a beard at all, at most a small mustache and a goatee, not that I care. Nowadays I notice a lot of young people in general tend to look much older than they ever have compared to my generation. Something changed.

Dayum, 29yrs old, I did not expect this but oh well.

Same here, the only kind of beard + moustache combo I am able to grow is this one, the one you described I suppose, but not as dense: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRoRRhbYlsjVzrMp7EWRel1Fg6n9JUhakinVd_HqMY4iINaliw0

I like the fact that it's growing this way naturally since it's the one style that fits my face best, anything else would look out of place.

I've been recently looking at some of my colleagues at the college and they are able to grow quite dense beards, provided they allow it to reach big proportions. Me? Well, I can just literally not shave for years, because it just doesn't want to grow any more ;_; .

As about the newer generations, honestly it's almost the exact opposite here from what I've seen so far. 1997+ generations tend to look much younger than they actually are. None (or actually maybe one) of my friends have a fitting physical appearance for their age either.

On 1/12/2018 at 3:05 AM, Skeletonpatch said:

During my high-school graduation I rocked a black suit-fedora combo (the fedora had a red ribbon that matched my tie). Picture Gordon Freeman wearing this suit and that is exactly what I looked like. I was the third most ridiculously dressed person there, but I was easily the most fabulous!

Well this is where things are getting interesting. Ridiculous? Well, perhaps a little, but I like the style.

I don't usually wear anything special, most of the time I don't stand out of the crowd at all, there's like 4 styles/outfits for me, similar to the hair styles, and nothing else: regular, militaristic, an occasional black suit, and the metal one. The boots are life.

I did go with the complete metal outfit to the high school a couple of times, because I could, and some of the teachers actually liked it, but some of the classmates loathed it (yeah, I was basically on the polar opposite with 2 of them, but one of them couldn't really stand me at all for some reason, despite not having any problem with him. Hmph, people I guess, not like I care).

Edit: I forgot to mention something. A random fact really, I just happen to be able to cosplay Shaggy pretty well. I have an almost identical outfit, similar facial hair, same body posture, and both of us are skinny. Two exceptions would be the hair, mine is brown/dark brown, whereas he's blonde, and the height, I'm not that tall.

Edited by Agent6

7 hours ago, cyan0s1s said:

Nowadays I notice a lot of young people in general tend to look much older than they ever have compared to my generation. Something changed.

Naahhh, that can't be right - there have always been both babyfaces and prematurely-old-looking people! I haven't noticed an increase or decrease in numbers even just anecdotally, some of the guys at my job are 21-22 and even though I'm only a few years older they look like chillums by comparison.

When I was in middle school I was a short chubby faced cherub boy with a shy personality and a pretty bad understanding of what deodorant was. I was bullied constantly and never had the guts to fight back. I also had dorky Harry Potter glasses and I always had bed head. So a complete fucking dork.

When high school approached, I had a growth spurt and I started moving around and biking more which cut some weight off. I started shaving my head bald, and I swear I was one of the first people in my entire school to grow a full beard. Almost every other guy was clean shaven. I vastly improved my hygiene too. I evolved from small smelly shy cherub boy to big bald bearded jaded asshole. I was so sick of being picked on by this point I started fighting back and I did extremely poorly in school, often ditching. Eventually I got kicked out and transferred to an alternative learning center. If it wasn't for that I probably wouldn't have graduated. Or I would have just went and nabbed a GED I suppose.

1 hour ago, Agent6 said:

Are those your boots? I love them.

4 hours ago, CARRiON said:

Are those your boots? I love them.

Of course sir.

I took that picture while I was sitting on a bench in the park in the late spring of 2017.

Edit: Talking about being bullied in school, I've been through a similar experience, to a degree. While no, I wasn't bullied in the actual sense, it's safe to say me and the vast majority of the colleagues never got along, at all, 8yrs of hatred for one another. I only ever got along and befriended 3 of them who were much more mature and not edgy, multifaceted assholes or attention-seeking whores who wanted to be in the center of all shit and be "cool" . I barely have any good memories from school, and most that I do, typically do not involve them. We've had many problems with each other, and they were also a very troublesome class. For instance, some of the teachers even had to be replaced because they simply refused to attend the classes anymore. One of the classmates also used to cut himself, presumably because it was "cool".

And the hypocrisy of humans never ceases to astonish me. Some weeks ago while I was at the sports course I ran into a former classmate. We've talked a little bit and towards the end of the discussion she asked me whether I was aware of a meeting they planned (a mostly failed one anyway, only 4 persons attended it), and of course I was honest and said yes. She then proceeded to ask me, with a surprised figure "Why didn't you come as well?" I felt like I was boiling in that moment. After 8yrs of barely getting along with them (and vice versa) she dared to ask something like this as if nothing happened and we've been extremely close. Or she expected me to either forget or forgive everything, I don't know.

No sir, I don't forget, and I most certainly don't forgive, not these kind of people, they can (almost anyway, with very few exceptions) all go f*ck themselves for all I care. I have left that 8yrs into dust to be forgotten like they never happened in the first place. I'm still visiting the school and some of the teachers who are still there and talk with them every now and then, but the former classmates? Never have, never will, I severed most of the ties with them.

A new stage in life began afterwards anyway (well, high school of course), and it was an 180 degree turn. Much more mature, educated, and civilized people, unlike the monkeys. I still had some of the former classmates in the high school, but luckily they were the ones I got along with very well. A shame I daresay, 8 crappy years but c'est la vie, what can you do about it. I moved on, so should they, best to forget we've ever met, I most definitely will.

Moreover, everything is in the distant past, we have other problems and priorities now, and met other, finer people over the course of the years. Most of them have moved to other cities, and a few even to other countries, so there's that as well.

Edited by Agent6

Oh jeez just looking at those boots gives me feet pain. I was wearing this kind of boots back when I had the black metal outfit on. I stopped because I was too tired of having the feets bleeding, it was just too painful to walk with those, even though I liked how it looked (That's why I still have them whatsoever). Anyway, I then just started back to wear some classic thrasher shoes lol.

Edited by Mayhem666

1 minute ago, Mayhem666 said:

Oh jeez just looking at those boots gives me feet pain. I was wearing this kind of boots back when I  had the the black metal outfit on. I stopped because I was too tired of having the feets bleeding, it was just too painful to walk with those, even though I liked how it looked (That's why I still have them whatsoever). Anyway, I then just started back to wear some classic Converse shoes.

They're damn comfortable for me, but the only problem is that it's nigh impossible to wear them when it's very warm outside or I walk in the sun for too long.

Time for a story xd. I still remember I went to the mall on foot once with them (like 4-6km or so from where I live, and I go on foot anywhere I can most of the time, no bike whatsoever), and it was a very cloudy summer morning that day. I figured it would rain later so I put them on.

All fine until I reached the mall when the sun came out and the sky cleared. I don't think I need to tell you how the road back home was :v , I looked like I stood in a storm, and taking my boots off was no easy task due to being so sweaty, it was like they were glued to my feet, and I felt like I was on fire.

You're not the first one to tell me that they are comfortable for you, I guess I was bad lucky with these boots, I dunno, but walking 10-15 Km with them was the most painful feet experience of my life hahah.

6 minutes ago, Mayhem666 said:

You're not the first one to tell me that they are comfortable for you, I guess I was bad lucky with these boots, I dunno, but walking 10-15 Km with them was the most painful feet experience of my life hahah.

But would you look at those legs afterwards xdd.

Well I guess it largely depends on how hard the sole is. If it's too hard then yeah, even walking short distances or standing still are difficult tasks so the only purpose such boots (or shoes) would serve is decorative objects. Pretty to look at, and useless for everything else.

3 minutes ago, Agent6 said:

But would you look at those legs afterwards xdd.

Well I guess it largely depends on how hard the sole is. If it's too hard then yeah, even walking short distances or standing still are difficult tasks so the only purpose such boots (or shoes) would serve is decorative objects. Pretty to look at, and useless for everything else.

The pain and bleeding was from my backfoot, (Dunno how it's called in English) but it was pretty hard in the back of my boots. 

My legs weren't a problem, I was so used to walk long distance hehe.

Well, that's probably what my boots are used for now, a decorative item hahah.

1 minute ago, Mayhem666 said:

The pain and bleeding was from my backfoot, (Dunno how it's called in English) but it was pretty hard in the back of my boots. 

You missed the joke :v .

2 minutes ago, Agent6 said:

You missed the joke :v .

Pretty hard for me to understand jokes as English isn't my native language :(

I love both coffee & tea. I don't discriminate! 

Some of my favorite teas are (in no particular order): 

- Rooibos tea

- Green tea (especially matcha green)

- Chai tea

- Yerba Maté

20 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Where's the stiletto high heel? ;-)

Stiletto high heel (over the) knee boots, can't resist to look at, and that's why I like winter.

I'm this kind of guy that if i'm in a place with dozen of people in there and that I leave, no one will ever notice that I left a long time ago lol.

2 hours ago, Mayhem666 said:

I'm this kind of guy that if i'm in a place with dozen of people in there and that I leave, no one will ever notice that I left a long time ago lol.

Something similar happens to me. When I see my friends I'll usually join the group without saying a word, and suddenly one of them will be like: "Fucking hell! When did you get here?!".

1 hour ago, KVELLER said:

Something similar happens to me. When I see my friends I'll usually join the group without saying a word, and suddenly one of them will be like: "Fucking hell! When did you get here?!".

Once when my family was camping with our extended family, I somehow managed to startle like twelve of my aunts, uncles and cousins with a very sudden and unnoticed appearance.

My family had just arrived pretty late at the campground and set up our trailer at our campsite while everyone else was already at my uncle's campsite sitting around the fire. I walked over to where they were and said "Hi" to one of my uncles before sitting down at a picnic table behind everyone who was sitting around the fire in a circle. I thought everyone had heard me say "Hi" and I could have sworn that every single person looked in my direction at some point, but when I entered the conversation some of them almost fell out of their chairs. The general reaction from the group was "Holy shit! How long have you been creepily sitting there!?". I had been there for like fifteen minutes and they probably wouldn't have noticed that I was there until my parents inevitably came over from our campsite, at which point they would have simply assumed that I had walked over with my parents.

I wasn't even trying to be stealthy, it wasn't like I was avoiding the light or dressed in black or anything like that... They just for whatever reason didn't see or hear me.

2 hours ago, Skeletonpatch said:

Once when my family was camping with our extended family, I somehow managed to startle like twelve of my aunts, uncles and cousins with a very sudden and unnoticed appearance.

My family had just arrived pretty late at the campground and set up our trailer at our campsite while everyone else was already at my uncle's campsite sitting around the fire. I walked over to where they were and said "Hi" to one of my uncles before sitting down at a picnic table behind everyone who was sitting around the fire in a circle. I thought everyone had heard me say "Hi" and I could have sworn that every single person looked in my direction at some point, but when I entered the conversation some of them almost fell out of their chairs. The general reaction from the group was "Holy shit! How long have you been creepily sitting there!?". I had been there for like fifteen minutes and they probably wouldn't have noticed that I was there until my parents inevitably came over from our campsite, at which point they would have simply assumed that I had walked over with my parents.

I wasn't even trying to be stealthy, it wasn't like I was avoiding the light or dressed in black or anything like that... They just for whatever reason didn't see or hear me.

download.jpg

3 hours ago, Skeletonpatch said:

They are probably not very observant or alert people. I can have the same affects to some degree but I like to go quiet. And in the group I would spot anyone else joining and even observe their behaviour. Even making conclusions on their level of comfort and social confidence. You probably do the same.

7 hours ago, Mayhem666 said:

Funny you brought this up, I fit here as well.

Also, time for another story related to attending something and never getting noticed. Every year at my college an event with various contests, some fun, and whatnot is organized for fresh students, but at the Faculty of Medicine on the other side of the town. Attending it is not mandatory, but is highly recommended nonetheless. You're also supposed to buy a ticket in order to be allowed entrance. Now this is something they forgot to tell us the last year, which was my first at the college.

Fast-forward to the actual event, I joined it and managed to go completely unnoticed. And no one knows I was there in the first place. I didn't even pay for the entrance either, although I had plenty of money just in case. It was the first time I went completely unnoticed at a major event, but it just looks like some of my talents. Of course I also manage to sneak upon people unknowingly quite often these days, presumably because I'm quiet and they tend to not notice me until I say something, even when I stand next to them sometimes.

I guess this is one main fact of my personality :

I probably look like an antisocial or distant person as I never speak to anyone if no one engaged a talk with me. I only engage the talks if it's absolutely required.

Why i'm like that? I dunno.