Tracer

Share a random fact about yourself

38 minutes ago, 42PercentHealth said:

... I don't get it either.

Rape face.

6 minutes ago, Herzon said:

I am still terrible at division.

Me too.

Related to that, because of Doom mapping, I've gotten really good at counting by 8 and recognizing numbers that are divisible by 8.

1 hour ago, YukiRaven said:

Me too.

Related to that, because of Doom mapping, I've gotten really good at counting by 8 and recognizing numbers that are divisible by 8.

Maths ftw 

1+1=11

3 minutes ago, YukiRaven said:

because of Doom mapping, I've gotten really good at counting by 8 and recognizing numbers that are divisible by 8.

@antares031, this should have been one of the questions in the Doomguy Test!

Did Doom mapping make you good at counting/dividing/multiplying by eights?

I hate musicals.  The two exceptions are Repo!: The Genetic Opera and sorta Nightmare Before Christmas.

Related to that, despite the fact that I don't particularly enjoy watching it, I have quite a few Nightmare Before Christmas-themed clothes.  This includes socks, a long coat, a dress (two, I think), and some other things.

Now if I could only find the dresses Blind Mag and Shilo wore in Repo....

I counted how many times I've hit my head or something has hit my head, when I was wondering if my absent-mindedness has resulted from the impacts.

• fell from bicycle, hit forehead into a treetrunk when I was a child, resulted in blood, stitches and a scar
  • some large wooden frame falls on me and hits above/behind my right ear at a judo competition, nasty headache and had to drop out of the competition
  • someone punches my face because of thinking I had done something I hadn't even done, had some minor headache
  • someone pushes me against a wall at school gym class and the back of the head hits the wall, bad headache
  • someone punches my face twice in a train when I didn't agree to some racist stuff he was saying, and then he got beaten up by whomever he was insulting in the train
  • have about no lights at home, turn to kitchen one step too early and bump right side of the forehead into the wall, got some bruise and minor headache for a week
  • raise from the floor and hit above/front of my right ear to some laundry drying device, initially just minor headache, but after a week feel sleepy, confused and nauseous for some months, headache lasts for about a year

2 minutes ago, TwinBeast said:

have about no lights at home, turn to kitchen one step too early and bump right side of the forehead into the wall, got some bruise and minor headache for a week

that sounds like something I would do. I'm almost always the first one up in the morning so I have to sneak into the kitchen in the dark... I've stubbed my toes so many times >.<

1 minute ago, Myst.Haruko said:

I use BFG Division as my alarm clock. Everyone wakes up except me :""")

Vibration in my phone is enough to wake me up...

I'll get really, really damn tired about anything if I hear about it for too long. When Undertale came out I felt like killing someone (despite me absolutely loving the game) and I nearly hate Halloween and Christmas because of that as well. In fact, I wasn't around in the forums for a couple months because I was tired of hearing about Doom.

47 minutes ago, Mayhem666 said:

I like to sleep and enjoy silence.

Judging by your username, I would never have guessed. Mayhem is usually associated with noise. 

3 hours ago, KVELLER said:

I'll get really, really damn tired about anything if I hear about it for too long. When Undertale came out I felt like killing someone (despite me absolutely loving the game) and I nearly hate Halloween and Christmas because of that as well. In fact, I wasn't around in the forums for a couple months because I was tired of hearing about Doom.

You must hate Doom by now

11 hours ago, Chezza said:

You must hate Doom by now

No, not at all! That's why I did this:

14 hours ago, KVELLER said:

In fact, I wasn't around in the forums for a couple months because I was tired of hearing about Doom.

It kind of "resets" me. No matter how many times I get tired of Doom, I'll keep coming back to it, perhaps for the rest of my life.

Since there's some talk about alarms above... well here comes the next random fact.

I've never had the need for an alarm to wake me up in my entire life, I just (almost) always wake up on time, whenever that is. 

And the reason for not using any alarm is that I simply can't stand anything waking me up, I experimented with some of my previous phones a couple of times and I swear I almost broke them into pieces by picking them up and throwing them into a wall instinctively, regardless of what they were playing, be it a song (worst idea, I ended up hating the songs afterwards), a random tone, vibrate, or whatever, but if something wakes me up I go crazy and my whole mood is ruined for the rest of the day.

23 minutes ago, Agent6 said:

but if something wakes me up I go crazy and my whole mood is ruined for the rest of the day.

Well, I'm kind of the same. If I stick to a schedule like two week or so, I can definitely wake up at the precise time, but I definitely will set an alarm just in case most of the time. For example, in college, I usually wake up at 7:08 am. Most of the time, I end up waking up 5 seconds before the alarm.

6 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

Well, I'm kind of the same. If I stick to a schedule like two week or so, I can definitely wake up at the precise time, but I definitely will set an alarm just in case most of the time. For example, in college, I usually wake up at 7:08 am. Most of the time, I end up waking up 5 seconds before the alarm.

Same, except the alarm. My parents go to work (or come from, for that matter) around the time I need to wake up so one of them just comes into my room to tell me to wake up just in case.

But I don't even need to get used to a schedule most of the time. I'm just like "Mmm... when do I need to wake up tomorrow... 9am? Very well." and I just do it, although I tend to wake up 1 hour earlier or so than planned if I'm not sticking to one at that time.

Lately my sleep schedule has been extremely irregular and kind of random. I have an alarm clock set to go off at 5:50 in the morning, but I usually end up hitting the snooze button until closer to 8:00. Ironically I seem to find that two hours of repeatedly hitting the snooze button every 5 minutes more restful than the 5-8 hours of sleep I should have had that night. If that makes no sense to you, don't worry, it makes no sense to me either.

7 hours ago, Agent6 said:

But I don't even need to get used to a schedule most of the time. I'm just like "Mmm... when do I need to wake up tomorrow... 9am? Very well." and I just do it, although I tend to wake up 1 hour earlier or so than planned if I'm not sticking to one at that time.

Same here. It's interesting the body can do that. It shouldn't be designed to understand what 6:00am is just because consciously we deemed it. I never need an alarm but I do always set it.

Admittedly coming back to work from holidays has messed with my bodyclock's consistency.

I also noticed that I can sometimes wake-up just before the time i'm supposed to, but I'm still using an alarm for security purpose, I mean, to be free of stress on that case.

4 hours ago, Skeletonpatch said:

Lately my sleep schedule has been extremely irregular and kind of random. I have an alarm clock set to go off at 5:50 in the morning, but I usually end up hitting the snooze button until closer to 8:00. Ironically I seem to find that two hours of repeatedly hitting the snooze button every 5 minutes more restful than the 5-8 hours of sleep I should have had that night. If that makes no sense to you, don't worry, it makes no sense to me either.

When I was in college and working full time, I was up for 40-48 hours twice a week for a couple semesters. My form of rest was not too far unlike what you describe. I would sit and focus on breathing, then clearing my mind and relaxing my entire body. After that, I would let myself get as close to sleep as possible while keeping my eyes open (mostly because I knew better than to trust myself sleeping in between classes or work; no amount of alarms would ever exist to me, heh). The result was that I would dream while awake and somehow in the process actually feel more rested than if I had taken the risk of trying a power nap. Weird times, but what you said reminded me of that, so I can relate to what you mean.

If I stay up for long periods of time, I'll sleep 5-6 hours and wake up feeling completely rested and be unable to sleep any longer. I heard somewhere that it's actually dangerous and you are not "rested" as you should be. If I stay up "normal" amounts of hours and go to bed, I usually sleep in. So... yeah idk.

Also, it is impossible for me to sleep on my back. I simply can't do it. No matter how tired I am it keeps me up.

2 hours ago, CARRiON said:

Also, it is impossible for me to sleep on my back. I simply can't do it. No matter how tired I am it keeps me up.

This.

I've never, not once, been able to sleep on my back, it keeps me up as well and it's just not comfortable. I can't sleep well enough without a pillow either.

- I survived the Tide Pod challenge.

- I once punched a lion in the throat, because I said I would.

- Dangerous situations seem sexually attracted to me.

- I hold the world record for most failed bungee jumps.

- I am the reason why your mom and dad question marriage.

- Mariah Carey got so choked up thinking about me she had to walk off stage.

- I have done doughnuts on the busiest tollway in America.