Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Share a random fact about yourself

10 hours ago, Don_Faparotti said:

Every year, I wonder if it will finally be the year of UFO disclosure. 

I thought that was one of the first things GW Bush did in his administration, but it turns out there was nothing to disclose.

11 hours ago, Don_Faparotti said:

Every year, I wonder if it will finally be the year of UFO disclosure. 

* edit * dupe

I look a lot older than I actually am. I first realized this back when I was twelve years old, when a person at a restaurant asked me which university I go to. And he was serious.

On 1/20/2018 at 11:25 PM, geo said:

- I once punched a lion in the throat, because I said I would.

- Dangerous situations seem sexually attracted to me.

Are these things related at all?

I have over 1000 hours played in Skyrim and Borderlands 2 apiece. Bonus fact/brag(?): I own a majority of the speedrun records in the Doom 3: BFG Edition of Doom, Doom 2 and Doom Classic Complete. I dunno...?

14 hours ago, Chezza said:

Are these things related at all?

What's that ED260? Are you coming onto me?

I think I just lost one of my three friends due to my mediocre social skills... ffs... She was one of the pillars for my mental sanity (the other being videogames and these forums) so I'm a bit worried (not to mention kinda sad because I just lost a fucking friend) but I'll just have to see how things go...

This is what happens when I make friends with normal people.

2 hours ago, KVELLER said:

Oh... sucks to hear about this unfortunate event, but I can't seem to be able to become good friends with "normal" people either, I'm too twisted for something like this. Gamers and folk in my group at the college tend to be as far as things want to go apparently. Or, actually I can, but always have to wear a "mask" around them and what friendship is that. Hope you'll recover from this asap.

Also, mediocre social skills remind me of my childhood friend. He eventually became my best friend but how did this come is still a mystery, he's become increasingly detached from me and other people over the years, he'll only ever call anyone when he's bored or something nowadays, and when you want to spend some time together he literally almost always has an excuse, typically one of these: "I'm busy" , "I'm away", "I've got homework to do" , "I'm ill", "I'm not in the mood today", "I'm at X, sorry dude, perhaps another time", it's infuriating, quite an interesting relation we have and I swear I sometimes want to severe the ties with him so bad because things are not heading in any direction. He wants friends but god forbid he'll ever call or write to you, let alone meet with you...

Edited by Agent6

Mediocre social skills... Oh I wish I have this at least.

I am literally asocial with borderline disorder who is hated by everyone

7 hours ago, KVELLER said:

Hmm I sense that this is a perfect moment for my favourite, potentially destructive armchair psychoanalysis! Over the years I've become an expert, you know.

So why are you not a "normal person"? Both in terms of "what makes you different" and "why do you choose to behave differently".

Think about it!

You're really not that different. Remember that. Just repeat that to yourself occasionally. Let it sink in.

More importantly, you're not any worse than anyone else. This is probably the biggest Zen a man can acquire during his lifetime so shhh don't tell anyone I told you this

11 hours ago, bzzrak said:

So why are you not a "normal person"? Both in terms of "what makes you different" and "why do you choose to behave differently".

Think about it!

I like to dissect girls. Did you know I'm utterly insane?

I have to return some video tapes.

I find the normies put far too much faith in traditional values and virtues that don't really help you in life all that much.

19 hours ago, KVELLER said:

She was one of the pillars for my mental sanity (the other being videogames and these forums)

To put it bluntly, that's a bit sad. I'm not trying to be mean-spirited either. Besides, what is mental sanity? Are you really a friend and a forum away from smearing feces on walls and completely losing it all? This is why you can't put faith in people. Or the world. They won't save you from yourself. I mean you should be happy and should be allowed to enjoy things like video games and friends, but pain and loss aren't always the end. Sometimes there's a lot to learn and a lot to gain from pain and loss, although I know it's kind of a shitty thing to say especially if someone is grieving...it's like telling someone that their loved ones who have passed are in a "better place". It's a process and can't just be summed in a few sentences over a short period of time. It's a journey you have to experience for yourself, so don't let some rando like me tell you otherwise. I just thought I'd give my viewpoint because anyone with a keyboard is apparently compelled to do so :p

18 minutes ago, cyan0s1s said:

I find the normies put far too much faith in traditional values and virtues that don't really help you in life all that much.

I'm seeing the opposite now. I think a lot of traditional values are actually great and that's why they've been in place for so long. However, I don't vibe with a lot of those oldschool values because the world is constantly changing and people are constantly changing. But then I see complete abandonment of the good traditional values in favor of extremism to the point where the current "values" are completely destructive. I'm sure you can think of several examples. I guess it's all about balancing things.

10 hours ago, CARRiON said:

I like to dissect girls. Did you know I'm utterly insane?

I have to return some video tapes.

FEED ME A STRAY CAT

Edit: I know some people have probably seen the American Psycho movie and maybe even the flawed sequel, but has anyone ever read the book by Bret Easton Ellis? Holy shit, that is some fucked up stuff right there. Patrick Bateman would've made an excellent Doom mapper.... haha.

Edited by Chewyninja69

22 hours ago, Agent6 said:

Also, mediocre social skills remind me of my childhood friend. [...]

Well, I don't really get to that point, thankfully. Besides, If I don't want to meet with someone, I'll just tell them that I don't want to (although... that's good or bad depending on how you want to see things).

15 hours ago, bzzrak said:

Think about it!

For starters, I won't talk with anyone directly unless either I have to, that person talked to me first, or I'm friends with them/I know them. I also rather to spend my time alone than with people I don't get along super well, and I tend to avoid any groups bigger than three or four people. That's weird on a surface level (for normies, at least).

Now, when I talk to someone, I often come off as blunt and uncaring about other people's feelings, despite me not being mean-spirited. The fact that I'm almost incapable of showing my emotions probably doesn't help either.

Also, It's not like I "choose to behave differently". It's just the way I am and I can't help it.

4 hours ago, Neurosis said:

To put it bluntly, that's a bit sad. I'm not trying to be mean-spirited either. Besides, what is mental sanity? Are you really a friend and a forum away from smearing feces on walls and completely losing it all?

I mean, maybe not literally, but I haven't liked the world we live in since I'm 6 years old. I need things and people that give me a reason to get out of bed in the mornings. She was the only one that'd try to help me with personal issues, since my other friends -despite being good listeners- are not very good at giving advice. I know my parents would listen to me, but I don't feel very comfortable talking about some things with them.

pain and loss aren't always the end. Sometimes there's a lot to learn and a lot to gain from pain and loss, although I know it's kind of a shitty thing to say especially if someone is grieving...

Yeah, I get that. TBH, I don't feel that bad. I saw this coming a while ago.

It's a process and can't just be summed in a few sentences over a short period of time. It's a journey you have to experience for yourself, so don't let some rando like me tell you otherwise. I just thought I'd give my viewpoint because anyone with a keyboard is apparently compelled to do so :p

Haha, don't worry, I appreciate it.

1 hour ago, KVELLER said:

I won't talk with anyone directly unless I have to etc

Why

I also rather to spend my time alone than with people I don't get along super well,

If you spent more time with them, you'd get along with them better, silly!

*insert pic with that one meme with the black guy who puts a finger on his forehead*

I tend to avoid any groups bigger than three

Why

Now, when I talk to someone, I often come off as blunt and uncaring about other people's feelings, despite me not being mean-spirited. The fact that I'm almost incapable of showing my emotions probably doesn't help either.

The solution for this that works for me is to literally force yourself to show an emotion in some situation. Like, just say "aw man feeling for ya" "so happy to hear that" "don't give up", whatever fits the situation. Literally squeeze it out of yourself. Yeah it's edgy and you'll feel "fake" but after a while you'll stop needing to force yourself, a more emotional reaction will come to you naturally and you'll be a better person or whatever.

It's just the way I am and I can't help it.

If you say so then it is so

I probably sound very inconsiderate or whatever, but, trust me, that's not my intention <3 <3 <3

51 minutes ago, KVELLER said:

Well, I don't really get to that point, thankfully. Besides, If I don't want to meet with someone, I'll just tell them that I don't want to (although... that's good or bad depending on how you want to see things).

It's a good thing in my book since I'm tired to death of hearing people's bullshit excuses for virtually everything. It's never up to them, it's always "unfortunate circumstances or bad timing" . Maybe that's how it is sometimes, but almost every damn time? Ugh, if only they'd actually be busy with something important... I'll never understand why is it so difficult for some of them to just say "no", are they so blind to not see that excuses do nothing but worsen things over time?

For starters, I won't talk with anyone directly unless either I have to, that person talked to me first, or I'm friends with them/I know them. I also rather to spend my time alone than with people I don't get along super well, and I tend to avoid any groups bigger than three or four people. That's weird on a surface level (for normies, at least).

Also, It's not like I "choose to behave differently". It's just the way I am and I can't help it.

Pretty much described myself here, but I prefer not to spend my time with people I now I can never be truly honest with, a relation of any kind based on lies, bs, and secrets goes nowhere. Talking about masks in my previous post, I found a saying at some point which says that people have 4 (if I recall correctly) masks, or faces if you may: One for friends, one for family, one for themselves (also the true self), and one for everyone else. It's a tragic reality from my point of view and something I realized a couple of years ago: I can never open myself 100% to people in real life, primarily due to not finding myself in... anyone, let alone trusting humans in general... but being able to do it online most of the time is... I don't even know what to say, I'm speechless... and if I can't connect with people on an emotional level is just completely pointless anyway. Loneliness, my blessing and my curse...

I don't come off as uncaring about their feelings however.

I mean, maybe not literally, but I haven't liked the world we live in since I'm 6 years old. I need things and people that give me a reason to get out of bed in the mornings. She was the only one that'd try to help me with personal issues, since my other friends -despite being good listeners- are not very good at giving advice. I know my parents would listen to me, but I don't feel very comfortable talking about some things with them.

3 lines like a spear through my heart. The more I look around the less I like it as well. And let's not even mention talking about my problems and a variety of more intimate matters and that sort of thing with my parents, which is a huge no-no... I can only rely on myself...

3 hours ago, KVELLER said:

For starters, I won't talk with anyone directly unless either I have to, that person talked to me first, or I'm friends with them/I know them.

I have high functioning autism and these are problems I face and have difficulty going around them. As in, I can't help it. I can be very blunt and cold and quiet around people I'm not comfortable with, and unfortunately I have a broken sarcasm detector, so a lot of playful jabs at me will fly over my head unless you make it really clear to me that it's not meant to be taken seriously. Not trying to be an expert and say 'YOU MIGHT HAVE [x]' but I understand where you're coming from.

I've recently been put into a work environnement, which means, forced to interact with others individuals, colleague, as it's called. It was the first time for me to be in that kind of situation, even at my age. (I know I fucked up in my youth), but as introverted as I am, I tried to be kind and nice to these people. I think I succeeded, surprisingly. But of course, I'm like in disguise because as soon as I leave the workshop, I release my long hair (lol) and put on my dirty leather jacket... I guess they accepted how I am, but when people are nice and respect me, I have no issues with them even if they are the opposite of my personality.

Since the day I left ( on my own decision ) the only girlfriend I ever had in my life to this day, I really tried to create myself a new social life that I lost in those years, because I had been into a deep depression due to what I HAVE done. I realized that I really had difficulties with that. One thing I know for sure, I have social issues, but struggling to hide them in public and to gain the least attention possible, even if I admit that I like to have attention in some context.

Seeking a reason to carry on in this world is some serious questions for me, but having projects to pursue is what keeps me on!

I often thought that I already made the biggest mistakes of my lifetime, I guess not. lol.

Why [I won't talk with anyone directly unless I have to]

...Because it'd make uncomfortable and anxious as all hell. In fact, I get some serious anxiety when I go buy something in a freaking store. Yeah... Besides, most of the time I don't have a good reason to talk to someone I don't know.

If you spent more time with them, you'd get along with them better, silly!

*insert pic with that one meme with the black guy who puts a finger on his forehead*

I don't think that's how things work :P

Why [I tend to avoid any groups bigger than three]

Because... I don't know lol. I'm not sure what it is, but I feel really, really uncomfortable among large groups of people. This is going to sound really stupid, but I kinda feel like if I was going to get crushed or something. Like claustrophobia I guess, but with people. I have to step out whenever I end up in situations like those.

The solution for this that works for me is to literally force yourself to show an emotion in some situation. Like, just say "aw man feeling for ya" "so happy to hear that" "don't give up", whatever fits the situation. Literally squeeze it out of yourself. Yeah it's edgy and you'll feel "fake" but after a while you'll stop needing to force yourself, a more emotional reaction will come to you naturally and you'll be a better person or whatever.

I mean, I try to do that. I think I may have made a bit of progress, I dunno.

9 hours ago, cyan0s1s said:

I have high functioning autism and these are problems I face and have difficulty going around them. As in, I can't help it. I can be very blunt and cold and quiet around people I'm not comfortable with, and unfortunately I have a broken sarcasm detector, so a lot of playful jabs at me will fly over my head unless you make it really clear to me that it's not meant to be taken seriously. Not trying to be an expert and say 'YOU MIGHT HAVE [x]' but I understand where you're coming from.

I actually think I may have a partial case of autism or something like that. Not sure if that exists, but I do have some symptoms I think. I've never been diagnosed with anything like that though.

8 hours ago, Mayhem666 said:

Seeking a reason to carry on in this world is some serious question for me

I don't have such big social issues, but sucks to hear what you're going through.

This line, however, describes me best right now. I'm more and more starting to realize I'm pretty much directionless in life and more or less just pursuing something else which others have set up for me, and may not even work for me. I very much wonder what exactly keeps me going everyday, it's starting to be more and more meaningless, I haven't felt like this for at least a year when I've been through a nasty existential crisis, and I expect another one to be waiting for me just around the corner.

5 hours ago, KVELLER said:

...Because it'd make uncomfortable and anxious as all hell. In fact, I get some serious anxiety when I go buy something in a freaking store. Yeah... Besides, most of the time I don't have a good reason to talk to someone I don't know.

Another good description of me. Well, ok, perhaps I'm not getting that anxious, but every time I have to go somewhere or talk to someone who is more important I'm extra careful to not do or say something stupid and make myself a fool and whatnot.

5 hours ago, KVELLER said:

Because... I don't know lol. I'm not sure what it is, but I feel really, really uncomfortable among large groups of people. This is going to sound really stupid, but I kinda feel like if I was going to get crushed or something. Like claustrophobia I guess, but with people. I have to step out whenever I end up in situations like those.

Sound stupid? Nah, or not for me anyway.

Now then, although I'm not feeling cornered or anywhere near that sort of thing, in my case, I just feel like a total stranger in large groups that I don't really have anything to do, perhaps that's how it actually is for you as well and the claustrophobic feeling just covers it. I can't find my place lately either.

I'd much rather spend my time alone or with someone close to me than some random (groups of) people.

If you're feeling directionless, focus more on helping others. I find that leaning into that provides the kind of meaning in life that I've been searching for. 

10 hours ago, KVELLER said:

In fact, I get some serious anxiety when I go buy something in a freaking store.

At what exact moment? When you realize that you'll have to leave your room? When you enter a store full of strangers? When you have to, god forbid, put your groceries or whatevr on the cashier and therefore have all attention directed at you?????

Go out for solitary (or even better, non-solitary) walks thru the city once in a while. 

Keep your head straight, non-metaphorically. Always!

Look at people in the eyes. In the eyes, in the eyes, in the eyes! Always! So much Zen there!

Besides, most of the time I don't have a good reason to talk to someone I don't know.

You don't need a reason for everything, y'know. The less you think, the more happy you'll feel. I hope I'll learn that myself one day. :]

I don't think that's how things work :P

Why not? To me it seems like that's exactly how things work. You're not looking deeply enough into these people (jeez that sounded dirty) so you're not seeing their positive sides.

I actually think I may have a partial case of autism

No you're just overthinking. Non-metaphorically slap yourself (or ask smb to do it) whenever such a thought visits your head. "Autism" == "I DON'T EVEN HAVE TO TRY ANYMORE HAHAHA". Needless to say, you won't get anywhere like that.

You're just having confidence issues. That's it. And that can be fixed via SELF-REALIZATION.

1 hour ago, GoatLord said:

If you're feeling directionless, focus more on helping others. I find that leaning into that provides the kind of meaning in life that I've been searching for. 

Same. Sometimes being there for someone else makes me feel better in return.

Edit: ""Autism" == "I DON'T EVEN HAVE TO TRY ANYMORE HAHAHA". Needless to say, you won't get anywhere like that."

WTF are you even saying anymore? Do you major in armchair psychology?

Edited by CARRiON

bzzrak is a troll KVELLER so you may wish to re-evaluate yourself if you take his advice seriously. He oversimplifies the issue greatly and would probably be a terrible person counseling someone with mental illness too.

19 hours ago, cyan0s1s said:

That describes me quite accurately. Except for the sarcasm part, with me the problem is that no one can tell that I'm being sarcastic. It is oh-so-much-fun for me to have to stop what I'm doing to inform people that I'm being sarcastic so that they'll stop being offended by the absurd logic I meant to use as a joke.

11 hours ago, KVELLER said:

I actually think I may have a partial case of autism or something like that. Not sure if that exists, but I do have some symptoms I think. I've never been diagnosed with anything like that though.

Autism is a spectrum and everyone is on it. It may not affect most people very much, but I tend to find symptoms of autism in everyone I meet. You just need to be aware of it and know how to recognize it within yourself and others. And also be aware that the people who treat autism like it's a disease or accuse people they disagree with of being autistic to shame them are fundamentally wrong and most likely don't know what they're talking about or are trolling.

Just now, Skeletonpatch said:

Except for the sarcasm part, with me the problem is that no one can tell that I'm being sarcastic. It is oh-so-much-fun for me to have to stop what I'm doing to inform people that I'm being sarcastic so that they'll stop being offended by the absurd logic I meant to use as a joke.

Well that's me when I try to use sarcasm actually, I just usually end up pissing people off. Not hard for me to do actually.