Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Share a random fact about yourself

27 minutes ago, CARRiON said:

TF are you even saying anymore?

I probably didn't make myself clear, I meant it that way about when perfectly healthy dudes with a confidence problem start thinking that they might have autism, so they end up actually believing it and they lose any motivation to improve whatsoever. It doesn't apply to people who are really diagnosed or whatever ofc, that's a completely different story

You might've interpreted me correctly though, in that case I'm actually check-mated

3 minutes ago, bzzrak said:

I probably didn't make myself clear, I meant it that way about when perfectly healthy dudes with a confidence problem start thinking that they might have autism, so they end up actually believing it and they lose any motivation to improve whatsoever. It doesn't apply to people who are really diagnosed or whatever ofc, that's a completely different story

You might've interpreted me correctly though, in that case I'm actually check-mated

Alright, but the problem here is you assume he's a "perfectly healthy dude" with a confidence problem. If someone suspects something may be up with their mental health, then it's no longer good to assume such things and the only course of action left is for them to seek a professional and not randoms on the internet. Honestly it sounds like he has some serious anxiety issues, because some of what he says rings true for me too and I've been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder. But it could honestly be a whole host of things.

Best advice KVELLER? If you feel you are constantly being stopped in life by mental and emotional barriers that are reoccurring, seek professional help. Sometimes it's easier to battle these things about us when it has a face we can pummel.

On the topic of autism...I have been told I might be on the spectrum, and there's other conditions that may or may not apply to me. I don't think any of that matters. Although I don't succeed 100% of the time, I try to avoid using words like "anxiety," "depression," "autistic," etc., to describe myself. You know how they say "You are what you eat?" Well, you are also what you language. I find that I have fewer issues when I deemphasize the use of language that describes myself in a debilitating manner.

10 minutes ago, CARRiON said:

the problem here etc

YEAH that would be a problem, and if that is indeed the case, then obviously one should ask for help from a professional. No doubts about that, ofc. The thing is though, most of what he said rings (or rang) true for me too. And I'd like to consider myself a perfectly healthy dude, so I'm giving him the advice that genuinely helped a perfectly normal dude (me) have far less issues with things similar to what he's experiencing.

Sorry if I'm coming across as malicious or trollish -- that usually is my intention, but not here!

6 minutes ago, bzzrak said:

It doesn't apply to people who are really diagnosed or whatever ofc, that's a completely different story

What I find is that many people are unaware of the fact that autism is measured on a spectrum. No one is excluded from that spectrum. Simply 'not being diagnosed' does not mean that you are not on the spectrum, it just means that you are most likely on the lower end of it. This is why I absolutely hate seeing autism become the new 'retarded' when someone wants to insult another person's intelligence.

1 minute ago, GoatLord said:

You know how they say "You are what you eat?" Well, you are also what you language.

That is one of the truest truths I've ever read on the internet. Bravo!

Reason why I did I spam bzzrak's notification inbox with likes so far is because... well, I too thought I had a anxiety issue or something as well. Turns out I was just afraid. Took me a while to realize that. Yeah, there might be actual cases where someone might have actual anxiety issues, but a lot of people are just scared and experienced, and need help breaking through on the other side. I didn't really have anyone hold my hand when I went through, but when I finally made it, oh boy, is it comfortable in here :D Either way, don't think by your inner guts all the time. Research if you've gotta, find a occasion you can use to breakthrough. It doesn't have to be a teen-movie party nor a game-show, just... if you think you are not gonna like it, there is a chance, much like with anything else in the world, you would. If people can discipline themselves to get fit or to study better, so can you. Whatever body particles and chemicals fail at, discipline can probably make it up. Can it? Yes or no? Well if life is about the journey then the answers lie on the end of this one :D Point being; I am not advocating yes or no here, I am only advocating experimentation and self-research. Generalized statements are usually repulsive when dealing with this subject.

Ok, so I think I should explain things a bit better. Yes, I do have some anxiety and confidence issues, BUT I do fight to overcome them. In fact, there have been some situations where I have taken the initiative when no one else volunteered, despite me being really damn nervous. I just get so pissed off at myself that I push myself to do certain things.

Suffice to say, there is no way in hell my personality is going to stop me from reaching my goals. That's just not going to happen. If I don't manage to do something (like talking to people I don't know) is because I don't really want to, hence the lack of effort.

I used to play those old flash games where there's a river with 3 priests on one bank and 3 demons(which look like imps to me) on the other bank. Your job is to get the 3 priests to the other side safely. And tbh I don't know how to!

Some random fact :

I tried new kind of pants recently... Sounds weird to you? Well, i've been wearing the same kind of cargo pants since i'm a child (8 years old ), it feels so fuck-top, I mean, having jeans or regular pants on me makes me feel having the legs too tight, and I look even more skinny. I have to admit that I like how it looks on me with my boots that I unfortunately not wear much lol.

I despise people that treat me as a "metalhead" due to obvious cliché and other crap related to it.

On 30/01/2018 at 10:39 PM, KVELLER said:

Ok, so I think I should explain things a bit better. Yes, I do have some anxiety and confidence issues, BUT I do fight to overcome them. In fact, there have been some situations where I have taken the initiative when no one else volunteered, despite me being really damn nervous. I just get so pissed off at myself that I push myself to do certain things.

Suffice to say, there is no way in hell my personality is going to stop me from reaching my goals. That's just not going to happen. If I don't manage to do something (like talking to people I don't know) is because I don't really want to, hence the lack of effort.

I also suffer from anxiety and confidence issues, I cannot deny that too. I'm fighting to beat the shit out of my issues though, but it's not like it's easy, when you have been like this since you're a teenager.

However, one of the main reason I don't talk to people in the first place is because I hate most human being due to the their behaviors and social shit. People that treat me like i'm an alien that doesn't dress like a normal person, that I should cut my hair because it's just useless and senseless. I don't talk, but I can just say in my head a big fuck off.

On 30/01/2018 at 5:07 AM, Agent6 said:

I don't have such big social issues, but sucks to hear what you're going through.

This line, however, describes me best right now. I'm more and more starting to realize I'm pretty much directionless in life and more or less just pursuing something else which others have set up for me, and may not even work for me. I very much wonder what exactly keeps me going everyday, it's starting to be more and more meaningless, I haven't felt like this for at least a year when I've been through a nasty existential crisis, and I expect another one to be waiting for me just around the corner.

Another good description of me. Well, ok, perhaps I'm not getting that anxious, but every time I have to go somewhere or talk to someone who is more important I'm extra careful to not do or say something stupid and make myself a fool and whatnot.

Sound stupid? Nah, or not for me anyway.

Now then, although I'm not feeling cornered or anywhere near that sort of thing, in my case, I just feel like a total stranger in large groups that I don't really have anything to do, perhaps that's how it actually is for you as well and the claustrophobic feeling just covers it. I can't find my place lately either.

I'd much rather spend my time alone or with someone close to me than some random (groups of) people.

I began a new path in my life few months ago, and I hope that it's the right one, only time will tell. So much stressful things in my mind, the future, and some from the past. I think that it's a pretty large mental and even physical energy consumer.

However, I can appreciate being with a group of people, only if they are people I know or seen before, like said before, i'll not jump into someone group and start talking lol. I still prefer small group or even one person but with closer friendship.

9 hours ago, Mayhem666 said:

However, one of the main reason I don't talk to people in the first place is because I hate most human beings due to the their behavior and social shit. People that treat me like i'm an alien that doesn't dress like a normal person, that I should cut my hair because it's just useless and senseless. I don't talk, but I can just say in my head a big fuck off.

I know the feeling, but like they say, I guess that's the price to pay for not being part of the herd. Can't say it bothers me anymore these days, after all it's been years since the last time I'd given a damn shit about other people's (dumb, and/or uneducated) opinions. Now I already said in everyday life I'm indistinguishable from a "normal" person in terms of physical appearance so I don't get to hear people bitching about this, but if I'm asked I definitely won't hide my musical taste and passion for darkness and the macabre for anything. The only stuff I always hide are the real convictions, which is probably for the best, for now anyway.

9 hours ago, Mayhem666 said:

I despise people that treat me as a "metalhead" due to obvious cliché and other crap related to it.

Truth be said, if parts of the metal scene and metalheads in general wouldn't have too much bs in their heads we'd probably be seen in a different way. It's the simple process of ruining the reputation of something, all it takes are a couple of assholes and morons and bang.

Still, these problems have always been a part of metal and rock since the early days, so it's nothing surprising any longer.

14 hours ago, Agent6 said:

I know the feeling, but like they say, I guess that's the price to pay for not being part of the herd. Can't say it bothers me anymore these days, after all it's been years since the last time I'd given a damn shit about other people's (dumb, and/or uneducated) opinions. Now I already said in everyday life I'm indistinguishable from a "normal" person in terms of physical appearance so I don't get to hear people bitching about this, but if I'm asked I definitely won't hide my musical taste and passion for darkness and the macabre for anything. The only stuff I always hide are the real convictions, which is probably for the best, for now anyway.

Well yeah, in fact I don't really give a fuck anymore about it, even my parents told me that It's pointless to dress like I do and that I should get a hair cut lol. They were impressed when they saw me dressed like a "normal" person when going to a work I had. I almost got tempted to get my hair cutted few times but it never became a reality, for now hehe.

14 hours ago, Agent6 said:

Truth be said, if parts of the metal scene and metalheads in general wouldn't have too much bs in their heads we'd probably be seen in a different way. It's the simple process of ruining the reputation of something, all it takes are a couple of assholes and morons and bang.

Still, these problems have always been a part of metal and rock since the early days, so it's nothing surprising any longer.

The metal scene is a whole piece of garbage imo. This is due to the people surrounding it, the metalheads lol. The stereotypes are too strong about that as well.

This is the sort of things I realized a bit later as I became an adult, I loved to be called a true metalhead as a teenager haha.

I don't even like that much anymore to go to live shows too, the last black metal show I went was Mayhem that played the whole DMDS album, I really appreciated the show it was great and a dream come true as the 16 years old me, but I didn't bang my head and other stuff, I don't know why but I lost interest in that sort of things over the years, but trust me that 2-3 years ago I enjoyed thrashing and banging etc.. Old times hehe.

13 hours ago, Mayhem666 said:

Well yeah, in fact I don't really give a fuck anymore about it, even my parents told me that It's pointless to dress like I do and that I should get a hair cut lol. They were impressed when they saw me dressed like a "normal" person when going to a work I had. I almost got tempted to get my hair cutted few times but it never became a reality, for now hehe.

The metal scene is a whole piece of garbage imo. This is due to the people surrounding it, the metalheads lol. The stereotypes are too strong about that as well.

This is the sort of things I realized a bit later as I became an adult, I loved to be called a true metalhead as a teenager haha.

I don't even like that much anymore to go to live shows too, the last black metal show I went was Mayhem that played the whole DMDS album, I really appreciated the show it was great and a dream come true as the 16 years old me, but I didn't bang my head and other stuff, I don't know why but I lost interest in that sort of things over the years, but trust me that 2-3 years ago I enjoyed thrashing and banging etc.. Old times hehe.

Yeah, I used to consider myself a true metalhead and take a great deal of pride from this, but you see, with time and once you become and more mature you realize all this nonsense is just that, plain bullshit, there is just no such thing.

For a period of time I was obsessed with my physical appearance as well, wanting to have long hair with a full black and leather outfit at all costs, but at the end of day what's inside is what matters the most, yet I will not deny that wearing my metal outfit makes me feel so free and powerful. Image can definitely improve one's self-esteem and change their entire state of being, quite possibly why metal relies on it so much, because it's empowering. I also am yet to go to another all metal concert or festival, last time I attended one was way back in March 2013 in a club where various underground bands from my country played. The club has since closed (the following year actually) due to poor sales and very low interest, which is highly questionable, as if extreme metal ever was supposed to appeal to the masses/be mainstream/popular lol. I wonder what exactly did the organizers expect, being flooded with metalheads? Either way, it was replaced with something else entirely, and now there is no more metal music and concerts at all, which is, in all honesty, saddening for the simple fact that it was the only place in the entire town dedicated to this. Most of the (underground) concerts take place in the capital and cities around it, and I have neither the time nor the money, means and friends to attend them.

Despite this, I feel much better when I listen to my stuff in peace, neither parties nor concerts apparently are my cup of tea. For a time I used to deny the latter, but there's too much going on at concers and they're incredibly stressful for me, they're just not working.

And the problem with the scene is the fanbase in itself, too many people who actually think metal is or is supposed to be fan driven when all artists do exactly what they want, and for something that prides itself on being against trends, conformist and follower mentality, too many people are incapable of doing what they want, be themselves, and just copy everything they see, thinking they're edgelords and are monumentally narrow-minded or even outright retarded. They're apparently also easily influenced, take for instance their attitude towards the abrahamic faiths, this is probably the easiest example. I can almost guarantee that if you ask a random metalhead he will not be able to provide reasons for why he loathes them, but deep inside he simply does it because he feels he otherwise "can't be part of the scene", or because "it's cool" . This is probably the new trend, it's cool to be an atheist and/or bash (at least some) religion(s). Yeah, main reasons for why I stick only to the music only for a couple of years now, it's becoming increasingly shittier in the other aspects. And of course, exactly the cancerous parts get most of the attention, no wonder "outsiders" (to say so) have such toxic (but sometimes retarded) views and attitudes when it comes to metal. They don't want to educate themselves and no one wants to either, and frankly at this point it's probably completely futile to do this, it will take great effort to change the image, and morons will do nothing but fight this...

Now then, after all this (perhaps irritating) posts about metal, time for another random fact. Lately when I wanted to listen to something but oddly enough didn't want any kind of music I found myself listening to creepy ambiance and wolves howling.

I regret selling some of my (now) rare PS2 and music CD's that I now see selling for insane prices...

7 hours ago, Agent6 said:

Yeah, I used to consider myself a true metalhead and take a great deal of pride from this, but you see, with time and once you become and more mature you realize all this nonsense is just that, plain bullshit, there is just no such thing.

For a period of time I was obsessed with my physical appearance as well, wanting to have long hair with a full black and leather outfit at all costs, but at the end of day what's inside is what matters the most, yet I will not deny that wearing my metal outfit makes me feel so free and powerful. Image can definitely improve one's self-esteem and change their entire state of being, quite possibly why metal relies on it so much, because it's empowering. I also am yet to go to another all metal concert or festival, last time I attended one was way back in March 2013 in a club where various underground bands from my country played. The club has since closed (the following year actually) due to poor sales and very low interest, which is highly questionable, as if extreme metal ever was supposed to appeal to the masses/be mainstream/popular lol. I wonder what exactly did the organizers expect, being flooded with metalheads? Either way, it was replaced with something else entirely, and now there is no more metal music and concerts at all, which is, in all honesty, saddening for the simple fact that it was the only place in the entire town dedicated to this. Most of the (underground) concerts take place in the capital and cities around it, and I have neither the time nor the money, means and friends to attend them.

Despite this, I feel much better when I listen to my stuff in peace, neither parties nor concerts apparently are my cup of tea. For a time I used to deny the latter, but there's too much going on at concers and they're incredibly stressful for me, they're just not working.

And the problem with the scene is the fanbase in itself, too many people who actually think metal is or is supposed to be fan driven when all artists do exactly what they want, and for something that prides itself on being against trends, conformist and follower mentality, too many people are incapable of doing what they want, be themselves, and just copy everything they see, thinking they're edgelords and are monumentally narrow-minded or even outright retarded. They're apparently also easily influenced, take for instance their attitude towards the abrahamic faiths, this is probably the easiest example. I can almost guarantee that if you ask a random metalhead he will not be able to provide reasons for why he loathes them, but deep inside he simply does it because he feels he otherwise "can't be part of the scene", or because "it's cool" . This is probably the new trend, it's cool to be an atheist and/or bash (at least some) religion(s). Yeah, main reasons for why I stick only to the music only for a couple of years now, it's becoming increasingly shittier in the other aspects. And of course, exactly the cancerous parts get most of the attention, no wonder "outsiders" (to say so) have such toxic (but sometimes retarded) views and attitudes when it comes to metal. They don't want to educate themselves and no one wants to either, and frankly at this point it's probably completely futile to do this, it will take great effort to change the image, and morons will do nothing but fight this...

Now then, after all this (perhaps irritating) posts about metal, time for another random fact. Lately when I wanted to listen to something but oddly enough didn't want any kind of music I found myself listening to creepy ambiance and wolves howling.

Well, at least i'm not feeling bad about how I am reacting to all that metal crap today. I agree about being obessessed by our physical appearance. When I discovered as a teen 80's extreme bands  like Bathory, Sodom, Destruction, Kreator, Celtic frost and the 90s Norwegian black metal scene, I wanted to look exactly like them and adopt their philosophy as well behind them. I was like, shit man those guys are crazy motherfuckers, that's awesome! This is in fact the main reason I bought myself my typical metal leather jacket (that I still wear since 2011, I like when those became old and used). I saw Fenriz in videos with one, so I was like I need that... lol. Just to push it even further for the sake of it, I saw Quorthon with his bullet belt and boots, so I bought myself one of these too, and wanted to have hair like him. I even bought some necklace, like the pentagram because I liked how it looked on Jon Nodtveidt or the inverted cross because of the guys of Destruction. Anyway, it was really fun times but crazy too lol.

I remember looking at the other so-called metalhead and seeing them as posers because they didn't have the complete look and attitude. It was pretty laughable when I look back on this.  In the end I stopped wearing all those things except my jacket... This is the day I stopped caring about all that stuff and disliked the metalhead thing.

On 1/2/2018 at 8:47 PM, Mayhem666 said:

Some random fact :

I tried new kind of pants recently... Sounds weird to you? Well, i've been wearing the same kind of cargo pants since i'm a child (8 years old ), it feels so fuck-top, I mean, having jeans or regular pants on me makes me feel having the legs too tight, and I look even more skinny. I have to admit that I like how it looks on me with my boots that I unfortunately not wear much lol.

Man, cargo pants are awesome! I can't see myself wearing jeans either, I feel extremely uncomfortable with them.

7 hours ago, KVELLER said:

Man, cargo pants are awesome! I can't see myself wearing jeans either, I feel extremely uncomfortable with them.

It really was uncomfortable, I was wondering how people are able to wear this all days long. I guess it's because i'm so used to wear cargo pants that I couldn't see myself in something else lol.

I hate coffee, alcohol and any kind of hot sauce. It's funny, because I used to think as a kid that that would change over time, but it never did.

Yeah, not a fan of coffee. I'll drink some if I need to stay awake for an important reason, but otherwise no.

I don't drink alcohol either. I'm mostly afraid of becoming addicted to alcohol and its effects compounding personal issues. I don't mind food cooked with alcohol, though.

I love coffee, it's my favorite drink actually, but never been a fan of alcohol either, I rarely drink a damn beer for instance, if at all. I'm not afraid of becoming addicted however, but it just doesn't work for me.

Yet, when it comes to addictions, that's the main reason I'll never start smoking. Let's say I also have a living example in family of what not to become, I've seen the consequences with my own eyes and don't want to follow the "example" .

8 hours ago, KVELLER said:

hot sauce.

Me neither, and I can't stand most kinds of spicy foods either, if there's something I never eat it's anything that falls under this category.

I don't like alcohol, I don't like the taste, I don't like the side effects and I don't like seeing what it does to people. Largely because of this, I was mostly isolated socially from the other people in my class in high school (and am still pretty isolated at University, probably more so honestly). My primary reason for disliking the taste of alcohol is a couple of experiences I had when I was younger, when my parents would let me try teaspoons of alcoholic beverages to make me shut up about it. Ironically my dad simply cannot comprehend why I don't like alcohol, despite being a pretty large factor behind it, and incorrectly thinks I hold some condemnatory viewpoint towards the substance and everyone that uses it. Plus I tried some wine maybe two years ago and good god... who the hell drinks that for the flavour?! I had to rinse out my mouth for like half an hour.

I don't like caffeine either. I believe that caffeine does absolutely nothing for you until you are addicted, and after that you can't function without it. Unfortunately it is much harder for me to avoid caffeine than it is for me to avoid alcohol, considering that it is present in the majority of pop. My favourite pop is root beer, and I think that may have something to do with the fact that it is always caffeine free.

And I also strongly dislike the majority of sauces available as condiments. Most of it boils down to the fact that most sauces completely ruin the texture of whatever I'm eating in addition to generally possessing a flavour I can't stand. Ketchup, mustard, salad dressing, barbecue sauce, etc. will all completely ruin a meal for me. When I was still a dumb kid I used to say that I hated all types of sauce, which is simply untrue given that there are some that I actually do like under certain circumstances (any good tuna sandwich or cabbage salad needs mayonnaise). Spices on the other hand, I like spices a lot. Just not when they are part of a gooey sauce.

On the "alcohol/caffeine/SOOS" topic:

Thing is with wine and stuff that it can often be sweet, as in fruity sweet. Ppl who say they drink it for the flavour but drink bland grape oil either don't know what they are missing, or they know exactly what they are tasting, or what they are lying. I myself never drink alcohol, but I don't mind some on a good occasion (and these don't come in much, maybe once a year, or maybe once in two years, or maybe twice in a year, it varies). I don't mind having a taste if its some special sweet mix, but if the only solid reason to drink alcohol is due to social obligations, then I refuse, and engage in something else. It's better to keep a clear head. This might be me talking though.

Caffeine? Well, coffee, while I can drink it, I don't really belong to those people who cannot start a day without one. Tea has caffeine, yeah, but to me, even that is skippable entirely, but I do like a nice hot cup due to other benefits (like, chamomile for calming etc.). I never drink coffee just for coffee, nor I would probably understand why some people worship it, but eh, I guess I saved some money at least.

Sauce and condiments and stuff? Well, I dunno. I really don't mind sauce if whatever I am eating is not a vegetable and is on a plate. But if I have a sandwich or anything "handheld" for that matter, I would love to cut out every type of slickery and slicky saucey stuff from it and keep it mostly dry. I hate getting messy, so two-three drops of whatever is more than enough to spice things up, anything above that, really, runs a risk of dripping and... well, yall get the idea. During high school me and my friends visited this "sandwich shop" during lunch breaks, and the employees there knew me as "that weird dude who doesn't want mayo on his sandwich" (everyone else wants mayo, I guess, its really a lot of it), and whenever I requested one over a friend (while I ran off to do a chore or something third), the guys working there would just be like "Did the no-mayo guy send you?" and they would understand what needs to be done (I always asked the same stuff, and you guessed it, all "dry" and solid condiments). It's not like people worship the mayonnaise or something, I guess they just found it odd that there was always one customer, and not even that regular, that just ordered sandwiches without precious majonez and that "tasted as Sahara" :D

22 minutes ago, Battle_Korbi said:

Caffeine? Well, coffee, while I can drink it, I don't really belong to those people who cannot start a day without one.

Me neither, primarily because with the exception of alcohol nothing really affects me, in the sense of giving or draining my energy. Also alcohol makes me lose my lucidity rather quickly. But when it comes to coffee, the only effect it has on me is increasing my heart rate in excessive quantities, but otherwise doesn't act as a fuel in my everyday life nor does it keep me awake or makes me sleepless at night when drinking coffee in the evenings, which is rare anyway.

Normal coffee makes me jittery, pale, gives me cold sweats and on the verge of vomiting. Ice coffee every now and then is nice if I sip it slowly.

I still drink and enjoy alcohol, but I dropped the super hard stuff and don't drink as much as I used to.

I absolutely love hot sauce and hot food even though it completely destroys me later on.

I think I became a smoke addict over the time, but never abused the thing imo.

Started out in high school at 15-16 years old to look cool and stuff, but it followed me over the years and it's not the same reasons now as back then lol.

I also hate coffe, never tasted one, except the tim hortons iced cappuccino, really like it. 

I only started to drink alcohol at age 19, for some reason I hated it before but after changing my lifestyle following a depression, I began to drink beer and spirits, but I never got addicted though. I only drink when partying or chillin with friends.

Coffee lover, black with 3-4 sugars, sometimes with creamer, preferably hazelnut or creme brulee, 3-4 cups a day.

A lush for alcohol, but just beers, light and regular.

Hot food is amazing, but I don't know if I could survive a Hot Ones challenge.

4 hours ago, Battle_Korbi said:

Thing is with wine and stuff that it can often be sweet, as in fruity sweet. Ppl who say they drink it for the flavour but drink bland grape oil either don't know what they are missing, or they know exactly what they are tasting, or what they are lying.

The wine I was talking about was more traditional white wine if I remember correctly. I know that there are many different types of wine, and the more popular ones are probably what I've heard referred to as 'pop wine'. I've never had pop wine so I can't say from experience what it actually is like, but I've been told that it isn't as strong and is much sweeter.

4 hours ago, Battle_Korbi said:

if the only solid reason to drink alcohol is due to social obligations, then I refuse, and engage in something else. It's better to keep a clear head. This might be me talking though.

Completely true for me, except I never drink alcohol for any reason. I am surrounded with people who seemingly just need to centre their entire social lives around alcohol and the indulgence of alcohol, and from my observances they tend to have much more significant things to complain about than I do. Not to mention that many of them seemingly have no idea how alcohol works as a chemical. I have never been in a bar, and have no intention of visiting one for a social event unless I'm going with a bunch of my cousins. I highly doubt I'd find the type of people I'd want to hang out with at a bar anyway.

My dad used to force me to drink beer in an attempt to get me to like it and stop "looking down [my] nose at people who do like it"; how he came to that conclusion is a complete mystery to me, not to mention ironic since he is practically doing the same to me for the opposite reason. My dad eventually discovered that he was actually making me hate it even more so he stopped, though he will occasionally catch a glimpse of me grabbing a can of something and say something stupid like, "You're having a beer? Good man!" to which I always sternly show him that I just have a pop. My preference towards beer isn't helped by the fact that whenever I smell it I am instantly reminded of having to clean rotten barley out of the bottom of a grain bin. Rotten barley is the second worst thing I have ever smelled in my life, only anhydrous ammonia smells worse.

2 hours ago, Mayhem666 said:

I think I became a smoke addict over the time, but never abused the thing imo.

Started out in high school at 15-16 years old to look cool and stuff

I can relate, and so can some of my former classmates as well, but this happened around the time I was in the 5th grade in my case. It's also one of the ways you can become addicted to something, you just have a taste every now and then only to realize at some point you'd become addicted and can't stop.

We, of course, initially did it just for the sake of being "cool", we didn't care what the possible consequences could be. I was never a fan of smoking and having an example in family since forever also played a role in not becoming addicted to this myself. However, the other classmates weren't as lucky, I'm pretty sure it's safe to say they are all smoke addicts now.

On 2/7/2018 at 6:56 AM, KVELLER said:

this. i wear pretty much only cargo pants. they have pockets i can keep lots of stuff in. i look every day the same at work, cargo pants and a black shirt, but that's because i have bought plenty of what's comfortable. 

and regarding coffee, i used to drink too much of it. way too much, i became nearly insensitive to caffeine. i cut this down to 1 cup per day this year.