Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Share a random fact about yourself

38 minutes ago, Agent6 said:

I can relate, and so can some of my former classmates as well, but this happened around the time I was in the 5th grade in my case. It's also one of the ways you can become addicted to something, you just have a taste every now and then only to realize at some point you'd become addicted and can't stop.

We, of course, initially did it just for the sake of being "cool", we didn't care what the possible consequences could be. I was never a fan of smoking and having an example in family since forever also played a role in not becoming addicted to this myself. However, the other classmates weren't as lucky, I'm pretty sure it's safe to say they are all smoke addicts now.

I like to smoke and drink alcohol with friends, in that case, it's more like a social thing. But when i'm smoking alone, it's more like a chore to feel better "in my head" of course. lol.

3 hours ago, Mayhem666 said:

Started out in high school at 15-16 years old to look cool and stuff, but it followed me over the years and it's not the same reasons now as back then lol.

I've never really been able to understand this sort of thing, but then again, I've never tried to look "cool" (or cared about what other people think of me at all) so that's probably why.

4 hours ago, KVELLER said:

I've never really been able to understand this sort of thing, but then again, I've never tried to look "cool" (or cared about what other people think of me at all) so that's probably why.

Well, I already had confidence issue at this point of my life, so I wanted to be a part of the circle, aka "the metalheads". They were all smoking at a spot in high school and wanted to be a part of it, so the story begun like this. Being cool was a way of being accepted, despite my parents being heavily opposed to all smoking kind, I was hiding to do it if I wasn't at school. It took probably at least one year before my parent discovered the thing. It was even in the time that I started dating my gf of that time, so I gained confidence in myself by doing such thing, not only smoking but getting all that metal outfit. It quickly became a habit and slowly an addiction, unfortunately. I can only blame myself for that though, because I liked it and had fun. Today is a another story though. One boy doesn't have the same thought at this age as now.

8 hours ago, KVELLER said:

Well, when you're young (or just a kid lol) you might go through something like this at some point, after all you're much more immature at that age y'know. I wasn't pressured into doing it or just to get their recognition (after all let's not forget we couldn't stand each other for 8 straight years anyway), but I did it just for the sake of showing I wasn't afraid and I could do it as well if I so chose, no big deal.

Of course that only happened like 2 times, after that I stopped doing it. Heh, but the price of being "cool" was an addiction, and I don't count myself among them.

6 hours ago, cyan0s1s said:

Peer pressure has to be among the dumbest shit ever.

You're telling me; this guy I work with talks about shit he does all the time and I ask him why he does and his response is always some variation of, "Well my friends are doing it...."   Smfh.

42 minutes ago, Chewyninja69 said:

You're telling me; this guy I work with talks about shit he does all the time and I ask him why he does and his response is always some variation of, "Well my friends are doing it...."   Smfh.

Doing dumb shit at that age because his friends are doing it? Wha-

You can easily tell something is terribly wrong there.

1 hour ago, Chewyninja69 said:

All his friends should go jump off a bridge 

I dislike the internet's obsession with

2 hours ago, SOSU said:

"dank memes"

because they're poorly constructed internet 'in jokes' which are rarely funny.

I no longer eat meat. Cheese and milk products are fine. Eggs are somewhere in the border, I don't buy them, but I might eat something that has them used. I like red wine and beer that taste like chocolate. I don't drink it to get drunk. I drink about 5dl coffee in the morning and the same amount of tea at evening. Also like to do tasseomancy if some tea leaves happen to stay in the cup.

I'm an asexual. I don't like when people argue about which orientation is better. I think it's not so important. This also concerns about race, nationality, opinions and other things. Also I don't see interesting in sex. 

I prefer to be a neutral. 

44 minutes ago, BJ34 said:

I'm an asexual. I don't like when people argue about which orientation is better. I think it's not so important. This also concerns about race, nationality, opinions and other things. Also I don't see interesting in sex. 

Dropping a "hi" at a fellow ace. Also same with being "neutral". Its just draining to invest precious time and energy into politics and stuff online. Better to play games and/or do something creative for all the time spent making memes and/or pointless discussions over the political compass. Also; not getting the hype over sex.

9 minutes ago, Battle_Korbi said:

Dropping a "hi" at a fellow ace. Also same with being "neutral". Its just draining to invest precious time and energy into politics and stuff online. Better to play games and/or do something creative for all the time spent making memes and/or pointless discussions over the political compass. Also; not getting the hype over sex.

You're right. I do creative - I compose music. And play games.

55 minutes ago, BJ34 said:

Unfortunately to the world it's surprisingly important when it should be your problem and yours alone...

And all these discussions about which orientation is "right" don't seem to reach any real conclusion either, best to just avoid such debates.

I once ate so many flaming hot cheetos I ended up puking them all back up. My puke was completely bright red and I ended up puking in a tiny white trash can. By the time I was done it looked like I had butchered a small animal in the thing. I took a break with flaming hot cheetos after that.

rip to that white trash can.

tumblr_lky7g6Mkmt1qdhxyeo1_500.gif

1 minute ago, CARRiON said:

I once ate so many flaming hot cheetos I ended up puking them all back up.

Only once?

Amateur :p

I have weird obsession/interest and weird fear with Chernobyl and Prypiat and, of course radiation. I don't know why, that fire inside of me borned when I was young child, when I first time heard about that nuclear disaster and that lots of people lost their homes and health due that. I often try to shut down this thing inside of me, but it resurfaces in most unexpected situations.  I already saw so many documentries and such, I guess it's time for me to get in that place in real eyes before it gone completely.

Oh, also, I have kenophobia, empty and silent places makes me scared and nervous.

Once I thought about planets around us and I realised that we are quite alone and it put me in tears and fear. 

^Zelda: Windwaker was the scariest game I've ever played because the open sea freaked me out.  Every time I had to sail to another island, it felt like I was on a roller coaster.  When I learned about the several giant squids scattered about, it was even more intense.  Fun stuff.

13 minutes ago, Myst.Haruko said:

I have weird obsession/interest and weird fear with Chernobyl and Prypiat and, of course radiation.

I'm the same way. Something about that place fascinates me.

@YukiRaven it makes me feel better that I'm not alone in regards about this thing. I could talk about these places all day and still find what to add. 

1 hour ago, Myst.Haruko said:

Oh, also, I have kenophobia, empty and silent places makes me scared and nervous.

Once I thought about planets around us and I realised that we are quite alone and it put me in tears and fear. 

Come to think of it, I kinda had that as a child. I remember being terrified of the level Comm Satellite in Quake 2, closing the bay doors is the most intense experience I've had in a game (but a huge relief when I was done), and the fact that we didn't have the music CD probably didn't help either. I even had a nightmare once about me drifting aimlessly in space. That fear went away as time passed, though.

In another note, I'm fascinated by insects, but I still keep my distance from them. I like to get close to them, but not too close.

On 12/10/2016 at 10:45 PM, Tracer said:

Just for fun and community strengthening...let's share some random facts about ourselves.

Here's one about me. I prefer hot green tea with honey over coffee in the morning.

I'm a furfag.

7 hours ago, KVELLER said:

In another note, I'm fascinated by insects

Insects tend to make me feel nervous.

And since we were on the subject of fear, I suffer from arachnophobia and acrophobia. The first usually kicks in when I see spiders with bony or just very slim legs and also move very fast, however, lately spiders such as the Tarantula don't seem to frighten me as much as they used to.

And about the latter, I also absolutely cannot stand not feeling any ground under my feet, and I'm afraid of the height even when someone carries me on their shoulders for instance.

13 hours ago, Myst.Haruko said:

I have weird obsession/interest and weird fear with Chernobyl and Prypiat and, of course radiation. I don't know why, that fire inside of me borned when I was young child, when I first time heard about that nuclear disaster and that lots of people lost their homes and health due that. I often try to shut down this thing inside of me, but it resurfaces in most unexpected situations.  I already saw so many documentries and such, I guess it's time for me to get in that place in real eyes before it gone completely.

Did you ever hear of the "stalkers" that hike into the area on occasion? If not, this article should be interesting: http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/roads/2014/09/the_stalkers_inside_the_youth_subculture_that_explores_chernobyl_s_dead.html

Either way, you aren't alone on this that is for sure, a lot of people who played the STALKER game series got hooked into the fandom as well, and there are LARP sessions and whatnot dotted somewhere around Eastern Europe. Its just one of the tragedies people get drawn to, nothing weird about that, if the Columbine can have its own fandom then I dunno if there is a limit to these wonders :D

I believe in reincarnation. I don't believe that people after their death are coming to Hell or Heaven. I think that they after death in next life will become who they want to be. For example, I want to become a bird in my next life. I don't want to be a human in my next life because it's so difficult. 

1 hour ago, BJ34 said:

For example, I want to become a bird in my next life. I don't want to be a human in my next life because it's so difficult. 

Not to say it wouldn't be cool, but you'd still have to worry about not getting shot or eaten by cats :P