Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Share a random fact about yourself

Poor Leo :( I love snow

Idk if I ever shared this random fact about myself, but I've been fired from every job I've had, aside from my current one. In fact, out of 5 jobs I've held, I've been fired 5 times, but to be fair those numbers are a bit deceptive; I got fired twice from the same job.

5 hours ago, leodoom85 said:

I think I said this, maybe not but...I've never touched snow in my life.

3 hours ago, Catpho said:

Me neither :P

That makes us three, then.

3 hours ago, Fonze said:

Poor Leo :( I love snow

Idk if I ever shared this random fact about myself, but I've been fired from every job I've had, aside from my current one. In fact, out of 5 jobs I've held, I've been fired 5 times, but to be fair those numbers are a bit deceptive; I got fired twice from the same job.

Actual fired or redundant? That's lots of firing. Are you a rule breaker? Lazy? Steal supplies?

I lived with snow almost all my life until I moved. I fucking hate snow but I love cold weather.

39 minutes ago, CARRiON said:

I lived with snow almost all my life until I moved. I fucking hate snow but I love cold weather.

I like both. Snowy landscapes are awesome.

35 minutes ago, Chezza said:

Actual fired or redundant? That's lots of firing. Are you a rule breaker? Lazy? Steal supplies?

Heh. 

Actual fired; not lazy, never been caught stealing (can't make the claim to have never stolen from a job, but that's not something I've done in a long time either).

First job was working with food in an amusement park. I got into a car wreck and lost my car; boss gave me rides to work. One day a hurricane came and she didn't come get me. After that I never saw or heard from her again, 2 weeks later of calling/texting all 3 bosses later one texted back that he went back to college. 2 weeks after that, a month after my last day, another finally picked up the phone and said the head manager saw I hadn't been to work in a couple weeks and so they fired me a couple weeks previous. I was young and stupid; I should have called HR or the actual business rather than my bosses directly, but I spoke with HR afterward and they understood so I could be rehired after that year if I chose.

Second job I was working overnight as a stocker at a grocery store another Doomer here apparently works at now (heeeeeh). I was also going to college during the day; up for 40-48 hours twice a week for 2 semesters (not back to back), eventually it took its toll on me and I was so drained constantly that I was losing time at work. Breaking down a truck, I would blink my eyes and my coworkers would be 30 feet away and many boxes would be moved; I estimated being out for maybe 30-60 seconds on average, and that was mid-conversation. Being out on the aisles alone was far worse; I'd lean over to pick up a box and pass out often. Somehow I always stayed standing; idk guardian angle or something. Anyway, one day it was so bad I went to take a nap; i clocked out on lunch break, but the fingerprint reader didnt take my print right (it was finicky) and rather than look at the screen, I heard the beep and kept moving. Turns out I passed out for an hour and a half, an hour longer than allowed and to top it off, I didn't actually clock out. Still got all of my work done and didnt halfass it. My boss came in later, found out, and fired me on the spot. This also ended my college career, but at least I have an associate's plus a little extra.

My third job was at the fast food place, you can guess which one, and was during the time my mom was passing. Stressful times, I lost my perceived value in my job and started coming in late; still did a great job while I was there but outside of work I had far more important things going on, so my attendance suffered on that front. Got fired for that, rehired later. I think my mom had passed by then and I was just a depressed mess, so I never was on time to work, but I did a good job while I was there. Still, the definition of insanity is repeating the same action while expecting a different result and both the employer and I were fools guilty of exactly that.

My fourth job was at a chicken, biscuits and tea place, not unlike KFC; I was a manager there. I was overworked and regularly clopened (close, then open next morning); in fact I also regularly clopened multiple days in a row. When did I sleep? Heh. I got sick and was late to work one day I was supposed to open; I think I even closed the night before. Boss got mad and wrote me up, but to be fair that was the right thing for him to do, and it was worse because I was the only manager there to open at the time and an employee under 18 was waiting outside. That was monday; he wrote me up the following day on Tuesday and I explained I was getting sick. Tues night I gave my keys to another manager because she forgot hers at home and I was set to open wed morning, but didn't need my keys anyway because my other boss was also opening. Well guess what happened; I was late again; fun times being sick. My main boss came in that day and fired me; I called the owner and asked if I could at least resign for all the good I had done there, and his response was "sure, but I don't see why it matters." In effect it is treated the same as a termination, so he was actually right on that, but still he could have been more cordial about it. 

So they were all my fault, but I'm not a terrible person? Idk if there's a "your side, my side, and the truth" to any story you may want to take my side with a heavy grain of salt ;p

Now I'm a butcher and most of that previous work history and time spent has amounted to nothing beyond a story to tell; c'est la vie.

Sounds like mostly bad luck with some getting screwed by the system to me. Super rewarding! Everyone ought to try it at least once!

I disagree, and honestly to call anything luck takes away from my own personal accomplishments, as well as my personal failures, though having lived it I can tell you that none of that was luck and most of those mistakes could have been prevented, *queue scarecrow* if I only had a brain... I just make mistakes because I am no smarter than any other person, and the proof of our intelligence, or lack thereof, is in both our mistakes and how we learn from them. But of course I've only tread a path that others have plowed long before me; this knowledge was all out there before I learned it the hard way.

I've fallen for an older woman. Now I'm 100% sure that that's what I want in a relationship because I need somebody who isn't childish...and also because

Spoiler

I can't resist good MILF

15 hours ago, leodoom85 said:

I think I said this, maybe not but...I've never touched snow in my life.

Aw... I live in Southern Alberta, and sometimes I feel like the only person who likes having it actually snow in the Winter (there have been a few years where it barely snowed at all). I love seeing it snow, it feels so relaxing and calming. Same goes for when there's a heavy rain, probably more so with rain actually. Especially thunder storms... I f@%$ing love thunder storms... mostly when the power goes out...

I can't stand excessive heat though, thank god I don't live in the Southern United States. I went to Florida several years ago with my family and my favourite part of that entire trip was when there was an unexpected heavy downpour that lasted the entire day.

4 minutes ago, Skeletonpatch said:

Aw... I live in Southern Alberta, and sometimes I feel like the only person who likes having it actually snow in the Winter (there have been a few years where it barely snowed at all). I love seeing it snow, it feels so relaxing and calming. Same goes for when there's a heavy rain, probably more so with rain actually. Especially thunder storms... I f@%$ing love thunder storms... mostly when the power goes out...

I can't stand excessive heat though, thank god I don't live in the Southern United States. I went to Florida several years ago with my family and my favourite part of that entire trip was when there was an unexpected heavy downpour that lasted the entire day.

This is literally me.  I can't stand heat, and absolutely love snow and rain.

26 minutes ago, YukiRaven said:

This is literally me.  I can't stand heat, and absolutely love snow and rain.

Although this comparison sounds ridiculous, it's true to me... Snow to me is just like dog being pet to me. I would like to have it just to entertain myself, but if I have to live in a place with frequent snow, it annoys me.

On the other hand, I love rain in California. The sounds of rain give me feeling of serenity for some reason. However, I don't like rain in my Chinese hometown (where I'm currently in).

5 hours ago, Skeletonpatch said:

I like what I'm reading. Want some bestial howling winds at night too? Because that's what's going on here in my town as of late, and it's f*cking awesome (well maybe except for going for a walk, the wind might actually take you off the ground lol).

Can't stand the heat either, one of the reasons for why I loathe summer so much (and the specific activities of the season, for that matter). The highest temp I can stand is somewhere around 30 C degrees, anything higher just ruins everything and feels suffocating, makes me actually want to crawl on the ground sometimes...

20 hours ago, Fonze said:

Second job I was working overnight as a stocker at a grocery store another Doomer here apparently works at now (heeeeeh)

This a reference to me, by any chance? lol

No. Actually the person I'm referring to may not even realize that they showed where they work, but I still have a t-shirt from the job that I... defaced a bit, sitting at my pop's house somewhere and will be sending them a pic when I find it because lawls. Which will likely be soon now, because 3 other random facts: I accepted a new promotion yesterday, my gf and I broke up partly because of the promotion, and now I'm about to go back and live with my pops for a bit. Bright side my pops lives closer to my new job anyway ;D

10 hours ago, Agent6 said:

I like what I'm reading. Want some bestial howling winds at night too? Because that's what's going on here in my town as of late, and it's f*cking awesome (well maybe except for going for a walk, the wind might actually take you off the ground lol).

Where do you live? Because Southern Alberta is probably the windiest place in North America. I am not exaggerating. I actually do enjoy walking outside when it's windy, and I love it when the wind is so strong that you can hear the walls of our house creaking. Something about extreme (though nondestructive) weather is just pleasant to me. Thankfully we are far enough away from any jet-streams that tornadoes are extremely rare in my area.

2 minutes ago, Skeletonpatch said:

Where do you live? Because Southern Alberta is probably the windiest place in North America. I am not exaggerating. I actually do enjoy walking outside when it's windy, and I love it when the wind is so strong that you can hear the walls of our house creaking. Something about extreme (though nondestructive) weather is just pleasant to me. Thankfully we are far enough away from any jet-streams that tornadoes are extremely rare in my area.

Noice fam. The only problem is that these rather extreme winds are not good for walking, at all, for obvious reasons.

Living in Transylvania, Romania, and lately there's some aggressive winds around here, but nothing else, not now anyway. I remember a few months ago something much crazier was going on and some trees actually collapsed in some cities and did some damage.

^ Nice to see another Romanian, though I'm from Bucharest.

Something random about me? I have a portfolio of original songs which I've "composed" in my early childhood, and which I hum to myself when I'm alone and nobody can hear me. I've never sung them to anyone else. Generally I choose humming a song depending on my mood.

22 minutes ago, printz said:

^ Nice to see another Romanian, though I'm from Bucharest.

Noice x2, thought I find it surprising you find this out only now, considering that I've mentioned this a couple of times around here.

Would've never expected that you're romanian too lol.

1 hour ago, Skeletonpatch said:

Where do you live? Because Southern Alberta is probably the windiest place in North America. 

Mount Washington, New Hampshire would like a word with you...

1 hour ago, rdwpa said:

Did you survive?

It's been an hour and no response, so he must have posted that just before hitting the ground.

35 minutes ago, Mayhem666 said:

I recently tried to have a talk with a girl, didn't work out at all, as expected.

Brofist man, good job on having the guts. Keep doing it and eventually you'll find someone <3

1 hour ago, Mayhem666 said:

I recently tried to have a talk with a girl, didn't work out at all, as expected.

It actually seems to work pretty well for me, just being myself and nothing special really, although, it might be a different approach from others', at least from what I managed to see here and reach my own conclusions. Others seem to have a much more immature way approaching girls which stirs a multitude of mixed feelings inside me. Either way, it's how I managed to gain the attention of 2 twin sisters back in high school and a few other girls, without even trying :v .

23 minutes ago, Agent6 said:

It actually seems to work pretty well for me, just being myself and nothing special really, although, it might be a different approach from others', at least from what I managed to see here and reach my own conclusions. Others seem to have a much more immature way approaching girls which stirs a multitude of mixed feelings inside me. Either way, it's how I managed to gain the attention of 2 twin sisters back in high school and a few other girls, without even trying :v .

I'm a really shy person naturally, and I usually don't approach people by myself, I tried to be kind, but sometimes it just doesn't fit at all. Look at me, i'm a dirty little bastard dressed in metal uniform with the long hair and stuff, who the hell would want to have a talk with me, people will probably automatically judge me as a retard that know nothing about life. Anyway, this is sad.