Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Share a random fact about yourself

I have mental health issues which prohibit me from doing things like creating a happy time circus 3 even though I would love to do so.

32 minutes ago, Shtbag667 said:

I have mental health issues which prohibit me from doing things like creating a happy time circus 3 even though I would love to do so.

I know the feeling here all too well.

I drink pickle juice... straight from the jar...

Granted I'm the only one in my household who eats pickles but still, kill me now XD

1 minute ago, Xyzzy01 said:

Granted I'm the only one in my household who eats pickles but still, kill me now XD

I never heard of anyone doing this until the past few months. Now I seem to hear about it once per week XD

2 hours ago, YukiRaven said:

I never heard of anyone doing this until the past few months. Now I seem to hear about it once per week XD

A skating rink I went to growing up called Skate City had pickle juice popsicles. I remember them being a big deal with all the kids that went there. Also the fast food chain Sonic is going to introduce a pickle juice slush this summer. 

Another interesting fact about me is that I was given a Navajo name years ago. I spent a week on a reservation and was given the name Standing Bear. For my strong spirit and protective nature. I have went back to the reservation a few times over the years. 

3 hours ago, Xyzzy01 said:

I used to do that as a kid... now I only drink sweet pickle juice. o.o

I play games for about 20-40 minutes before moving on to a different one or doing something else. Unless the game is very engaging, then I can spend upwards of 4 hours on it, though something that extreme is usually a strategy game of some kind. An action game I enjoy a lot I can play for a few hours at a time.

I have mycophobia, heliophobia, agoraphobia and demophobia. I've had mycophobia since I was a child. Helio-, agora- and demophobias came with social anxiety. All these phobias are not so bad anymore, but I don't want to eat or touch mushrooms, and still prefer to go out when the sun has started to set and keep my home somewhat dark.

I'm highly arachnophobic, but only when I see spiders of a certain make and model. I don't obsess about potential contact, but sometimes my skin will feel a bit crawly if the subject comes up.

@Xyzzy01 I like pickle juice, but then I like damn near any food.

1 hour ago, Megalyth said:

I'm highly arachnophobic, but only when I see spiders of a certain make and model. I don't obsess about potential contact, but sometimes my skin will feel a bit crawly if the subject comes up.

@Xyzzy01 I like pickle juice, but then I like damn near any food.

Same. Tarantula for instance is no longer as creepy as it used to be for me. I'm afraid of spiders who have boney or very skinny legs and move very fast, that's a sight that makes me run as fast as inhumanly possible, regardless of whether the spider is real or not (as in, a video game model).

Meanwhile, as of late, I think stress kinda screwed my psyche, very agitated situations make me feel sick and increase my heart rate. They're the consequence of a crappy life, none of these happened until I finished high school, but the amount of stress and problems spiked afterwads and, well, they finally make themselves known to be. For instance, visiting entirely new places is now a very difficult task since they seem to spike my stress level, regardless of whether it's planned ahead or not.

Yeah, I feel very uncomfortable going to new places I never been before, especially when I have no choice to do it. My stress level will go up pretty fast just to think about what's coming up for me eh...

think I've been posting too aggressively, said some ill-considered stuff innocently which turns out to read like an attack on people who are frankly more important to doom than I am. im gonna shut up for a couple of weeks unless people post zekhmet stuff because I feel dumb

9 minutes ago, yakfak said:

think I've been posting too aggressively

'bout that, I sometimes wonder how many people I manage to piss off or just plain ignore me with my posts. By that I mean I'm not exactly contributing to the Doom games so the vast majority of my posts are probably seen as little more than pointless shitposting.

1 hour ago, Agent6 said:

'bout that, I sometimes wonder how many people I manage to piss off or just plain ignore me with my posts. By that I mean I'm not exactly contributing to the Doom games so the vast majority of my posts are probably seen as little more than pointless shitposting.

Well, in the whole year I've been here I've probably made two or so posts that were actually "contributing to the Doom games".

You'll be ok :P

@Shtbag667 Damn, I'm sorry to hear that, I'm in a relationship with someone who suffers like that so I know from firsthand experience how it can be.

BTW, off-topic but, I don't know if I ever told you before or not, but I can thank you specifically for being the one who jump started my UV play career in Doom, with your map 'Ball Buster' (which for some reason is only available to download on Doom Wad Station: link) because of a snarky text file that said something like 'difficulty settings: all supported, but only real Doomers play UV right?' and I guess that must've unhinged me or something cause I went in on UV and straight up got my ass handed to me several times but I did beat it without cheating, so that was a real turning moment in my playing from thereon out.

E: Alright, upon reading the text doc it so turns out you actually never said such a thing in it, so I've been carrying a false memory since 2003! Well, I officially feel weirded out, I could've sworn. Well, either way, I wish only the best for you, thank you for being a part of the community and a part of my Doomerhood!

14 hours ago, Agent6 said:

Yeah pretty much, but we are all here because we share the same one passion in the end.

On 9/4/2018 at 5:58 AM, Agent6 said:

I'm afraid of spiders who have boney or very skinny legs and move very fast, that's a sight that makes me run as fast as inhumanly possible, regardless of whether the spider is real or not

Here in where I live, we have spiders that are friendly but those have a small body with big, skinny legs and a spider that's fast and it's dangerous. Fuck that one....

3 hours ago, cyan0s1s said:

Doom Wad Station

That site tho..........that's where I started playing all those mapsets, like Doom 32, Heroes, Herian, Rebirth, MM1 and 2 and such....

I still don't understand how people get nostalgic for a piece of media or something, willing to travel back in time only to play some video games or listen to some music. I mean, I understand the "magical first experience" thing, but still, to travel back in time only to play games, to me it sounds kinda... shit? And this is apparently a normal thing so that is what I wanted to ask without making a thread about it.

Other than that, I used to have excessive amounts of acrophobia as a kiddo (but somehow got over it, or reduced it), but the worst part is that I consistently called it "aerophobia" until I saw the definition in a dictionary. And to think, just how many times I "corrected" other people for saying "acrophobia"...

I have bizarre and sometimes disturbing dreams, which I really enjoy. The other night I was part of the allied forces, we were hunting hitler in occupied germany. Probably a side effect of my recent WW I and II reading.

20 minutes ago, Era Di Cate said:

I still don't understand how people get nostalgic for a piece of media or something, willing to travel back in time only to play some video games or listen to some music. I mean, I understand the "magical first experience" thing, but still, to travel back in time only to play games, to me it sounds kinda... shit? And this is apparently a normal thing so that is what I wanted to ask without making a thread about it.

This was made long before I was born:

It's awesome. That's why I "go back". ;-)

3 minutes ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

This was made long before I was born:

It's awesome. That's why I "go back". ;-)

Indeed. Fuck that Crazy Frog bullshit.

7 hours ago, Era Di Cate said:

Well, I think it's because people like to re-live some of the better times in their lives. The media might remind them of times they were younger, more carefree, or simply having a good time.

I think the biggest nostalgia rush I've ever felt was when playing Hexen for the first time in about 20 years. I had played it at age 5 or 6, and then never touched it again until I was a senior in college. Then I played the absolute crap out of it, and the nostalgia went away. :-|

10 hours ago, 42PercentHealth said:

I think the biggest nostalgia rush I've ever felt was when playing Hexen for the first time in about 20 years. I had played it at age 5 or 6, and then never touched it again until I was a senior in college. Then I played the absolute crap out of it, and the nostalgia went away. :-|

That reminds me of some games of my childhood that I replayed a while ago. I got a lot of nostalgia, but it lasted around 10 minutes :P then I realized how bad most of them were.

1 hour ago, Mayhem666 said:

Nostalgia is probably one of my favorite feeling ever, duh.

But it sure makes you stuck in the past :p .

It's still mostly '90s in my mind.

3 minutes ago, Agent6 said:

But it sure makes you stuck in the past :p .

It's still mostly '90s in my mind.

My lifestyle is based on the past, so yeah, I guess lol.

I have been struggling with major depression and an anxiety disorder for the last few years. The sadness is the least of my symptoms and worries. The hardest symptoms to deal with are the constant fatigue, inability to focus, ringing in the ears, sensitivity to everything, constant anxiety/worry, the nervous system glitches and having to put aside all my hobbies and interests due to not having the energy to do them.

I do have a silver amalgam filling in 1 tooth which contains mercury. Mercury is a known neurotoxin which is known to cause a variety of nervous system issues. These do include chronic fatigue, ringing in the ears, depression and anxiety amongst other life threatening issues.

Over the last 2 years I have tried 7 different antidepressants and anti-anxiety medications and all of them have either made me sicker or have not even helped at all. Sometimes I don't know what to do about it and I have lost hope in the American mental health system. I think that it is very corrupt and in the long run it doesn't help at all.

Hearing my own voice in a recorded .ogg file, I sound like a sissy. I don't know if anyone else has this experience; where they're cringed/shocked of hearing their own voice on a recording.

I've only played Quake via the shareware version on my hacked 3DS.

...I really should actually play it properly though.

1 hour ago, Potatoguy said:

Hearing my own voice in a recorded .ogg file, I sound like a sissy. I don't know if anyone else has this experience; where they're cringed/shocked of hearing their own voice on a recording.

I also have a weird feeling hearing myself singing my own lyrics in our songs.