Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Share a random fact about yourself

Just now, Gaia74 said:

i have some family problems

fourteen years and , i create my first mod 

and i am from mexico 

My condolences for hearing that you have family problems. I hope things get well for you soon.

1 minute ago, Ye_Illuminator said:

My condolences for hearing that you have family problems. I hope things get well for you soon.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, CARRiON said:

I have a shoe fetish and I shower my partner in shoes/boots whenever I can. Or clothing in general really.

This sounds lovely :D

21 hours ago, geo said:

Big stompy robots or mechs. What's yours? Is it stairs?

Yes, more than a chain smoking fat man. They make me squeal like a pig.

In the last two weeks I've quit using electronic cigarette, drinking alcohol, soda, and smoking weed.  Tomorrow I'll be going on my first run since 2014.  I need new shoes pretty badly as the ones I have sat in my closet for ages.  They have somewhere in the neighborhood of 600 miles on them but they're what I've got right now since I have no money.  

If anyone here is already starting or has vague interest in the Couch to 5k program please shoot me a pm.  Be nice to have someone to talk to about this stuff.

4 hours ago, loveless said:

In the last two weeks I've quit using electronic cigarette, drinking alcohol, soda, and smoking weed.

Wow, no wonder you've been feeling like crap! Kudos to you mate, and keep up the good work! :-)

If I can describe anything as my "fetish", it would be power armor, mechas, robots, guns-on-wheels, guns-on-legs, droids, drones, pretty much everything until it starts looking like an actual human being; that being androids mostly. If it's metallic, clunky, twirly, smol or big, I will gaze upon it until I soak up all the details. Of course, this isn't sexual at all, nor do I pop a boner from seeing a drone or anything like that. I guess I just have a strange affinity for metallic people in fiction and fantasy :D

This is mostly reflected through my art: ask anyone who spends enough time with me every day and they will tell you that my notebooks are filled with mechas, robots, gears, couplings, tires, kevlar, 10mm chainguns, particle cannons... Time to time, I draw human beings just like every other day-dreaming pencil-sketcher, but I guess my "fetish" developed to that point I designed a fictional race that is based around a small nation of people afflicted with a terrible disease which forces them to replace their flesh and bone with metallic counterparts, which mostly resemble crude caricatures of actual body parts they replace, stuff like that.

(and for a even more bizarre reason, Adeptus Mechanicus isn't apparently my favorite faction in wh40k, which, when dictated by logic, should be)

6 hours ago, Battle_Korbi said:

If I can describe anything as my "fetish", it would be power armor, mechas, robots, guns-on-wheels, guns-on-legs, droids, drones, pretty much everything until it starts looking like an actual human being; that being androids mostly. If it's metallic, clunky, twirly, smol or big, I will gaze upon it until I soak up all the details. Of course, this isn't sexual at all, nor do I pop a boner from seeing a drone or anything like that. I guess I just have a strange affinity for metallic people in fiction and fantasy :D

I took an anthropology course this semester and at one point we studied fetishism and how it isn't necessarily sexual. At one point I mentioned how I've worn my skull necklace (which is pictured in my avatar) since Grade 3 and the professor very loudly announced to the entire class that that is a perfect example of a fetish... I also have a Jolly Rodger that hangs above my bed, so I guess you could say that I have a pirate fetish.

7 hours ago, 42PercentHealth said:

Wow, no wonder you've been feeling like crap! Kudos to you mate, and keep up the good work! :-)

Thanks! A large part of feeling super bad was having a flu though :l

a something of me is the old games, like age of empires 2 , Red Alert 2 ,DOOM, the duke nukem etc.

and all is for my father

I will always be grateful with my father <3

I ordered these shoes recently, 

I used to wear Converse and casually boots only but I had to get my first pair of white high top sneakers,

nike_315121-115_01.jpg

@Mayhem666  I had some dunk low's in high school(I think in 2003), the navy blue/reflective silvery colorway.  They were incredibly comfortable and skated fresh out of the box, minimal break-in needed.

13 minutes ago, 42PercentHealth said:

We obviously need a "Share a random fact about somebody else" thread.

You act like you're shooting a gun but those are blanks.

2 hours ago, Mayhem666 said:

I ordered these shoes recently, 

I used to wear Converse and casually boots only but I had to get my first pair of white high top sneakers,

nike_315121-115_01.jpg

Nike AF1's are some of the most comfortable sneakers I've ever owned. Even when I was knee-deep in snow they kept my feet dry. They have one of the best designs too.

Another random fact:

I can easily take a defeat in MP games, when friends beat me at other kinds of games, and so on, but I absolutely despise getting killed or beaten by AI in SP games. I start raging,heavily swearing and cursing when I keep dying and barely making any progress. Luckily this doesn't happen often.

13 hours ago, 42PercentHealth said:

We obviously need a "Share a random fact about somebody else" thread.

Stalker alert

7 hours ago, Agent6 said:

Another random fact:

I can easily take a defeat in MP games, when friends beat me at other kinds of games, and so on, but I absolutely despise getting killed or beaten by AI in SP games. I start raging,heavily swearing and cursing when I keep dying and barely making any progress. Luckily this doesn't happen often.

This. I can only speak for myself, but when I die in a MP game I know somebody else is benefiting from that, but a SP game? The AI doesn't care, it just does what it's told to do.

17 hours ago, CARRiON said:

Nike AF1's are some of the most comfortable sneakers I've ever owned. Even when I was knee-deep in snow they kept my feet dry. They have one of the best designs too.

Nice, thanks for the review lol

I paid them like 140$ CAD so i'm happy to know that they are comfortable

I guess that's one of the reason that nearly all thrashers were wearing those kind of shoes back in the 80s lol.

I used to be a pretty fuckin terrible pathological liar, during my early teens, maybe even during the pre-pubescent era of my life. (this stopped merely 4 years ago, don't worry)

Like, I would always make up shit in order to look cool, say, I read something in a book, or watched a movie about something, or heard it on TV, just any detail, say, this celebrity which did some shit. If I had seen it on TV that day, next day I would be saying "Oh yeah, I met that guy once. Dude bought me an ice cream, no joke."

Here is a small list of my biggest pathological lies:

Spoiler

- I had a long distance relationship with a girl from Ireland (a lot of my countrymen are in Ireland so it figured).

- My ex-girlfriend died from lung cancer, because everybody in her house smoked like chimneys  and she got very ded from lung cancer.

- I was one of the "main testers" (I probably meant alpha testers) for Minecraft, and was in constant touch with Notch himself.

- I used to be a "secret music artist" who used a pseudonym and had apparently stored DVDs with my "music" across the region.

- I was once haunted by a spirit called "The Knocker" who would "steal my stuff" and "put them in weird places" and would knock a lot at night.

- I had seen Slenderman (I MS-Painted a actually believeable silhouette into a landscape picture).

- I used to make explosives but never used them.

- And not so much a lie, but a case of "exaggerated truth"; I was indeed hit by a car once, and I survived, mostly because the car was really slow and while I did kiss the floor, no damage was ever done. In my fake world of cool awesomeness, I damaged the car itself.

That is just a small list of all the terrible shit I spoke about. Took me a while to realize what was I doing, and how miserable that was. I was caught twice or more times, but those weren't the times I thought about stopping. Nay, if someone called me out, I would just pull out more lies. I guess, once I realized how pathetic it is to try to appeal to people by lying 90% of the time, I started to stop. I slowly unraveled my lies and started speaking truth more and more. Now, if I am going to lie, I do it out of purely defensive reasons, and nothing more.

Turns out it is more awesome and cool if your experiences are genuine, even if they aren't original and/or awesome as everyone thinks. I found it that actually doing the thing instead of lying about it is 100x better (not in every case, but you know what I mean).

EDIT: Page starter woo!

12 minutes ago, Battle_Korbi said:

I used to be a pretty fuckin terrible pathological liar, during my early teens, maybe even during the pre-pubescent era of my life. (this stopped merely 4 years ago, don't worry)

Like, I would always make up shit in order to look cool, say, I read something in a book, or watched a movie about something, or heard it on TV, just any detail

This reminds me of my nephew, terrible or not.

Back when I was in my early teens he was doing similar shit, it was virtually impossible to know when he was lying or not, and I don't even know why he did it in the first place. Because of this, we've never been close and I could never trust him with anything since he also liked spreading lies and talk behind people's back whenever he was in the mood...

21 hours ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Now I'm gonna share a random fact about @Ye_Illuminator. His Avatar is a picture taken from one of the coolest music videos ever made:

Yeah, @Ye_Illuminator Sure does like the Jet Pilot Skeleton. Plus this is one of his favorite music videos. This is another fact about that guy!

22 hours ago, Nine Inch Heels said:

Now I'm gonna share a random fact about @Ye_Illuminator. His Avatar is a picture taken from one of the coolest music videos ever made:

Ahahahha, I see. I love Perl Jam, especially this music video. It's pretty legendary IMO. The Skeleton Pilot is pretty fucking badass and I like his design alot which is why I made him my profile pic. IT'S EVOLUTION, BABY!

23 hours ago, Battle_Korbi said:

I used to be a pretty fuckin terrible pathological liar(... etc.)

I can relate to that on a spiritual level.

In 2007, I made contact with a Happy Tree Friends fan community shortly after falling infatuated w/ the series itself. There I made up I was 10 years older than my actual age (which meant 23 at that time), being a horrendously tall (6'7), incredibly strong and muscular and also somewhat ghoulish-looking individual who herds goats, makes turntable mixes for a living and lives a hermit life in a friggin' 4-storey cottage/hut/chalet/wooden house thingy on a faraway mountain, but yet also made acquaint with a pretty girl whom he was currently engaged to. During 2008, the whole story conveyed onto yet another platform, some pre-Facebook community page called HotDog (shut down nearly a year ago). There it concluded into an eventual marriage and the so-called bride becoming pregnant with twins, whilst DJ Chamois, to name my alias by its respective name at last, gave up on vinyl scratching and living a so-supposed "Karma Houdini criminal" life in general, and went working night shifts into a nearby factory, where he would move several tons of weights of machinery during all the worktime. (In the reality parallel, I actually went to secondary grammar school that autumn.) Said "twins" were eventually "born" on 13 March 2009. This was essentially the point where the whole story came to a halt, was never spoken about again and nearly all the acquaintances made then faded into oblivion ever since. Umm, yeah... the believablity of all this is beyond ridiculous, so any person above age 16 didn't really fall for it or at least remained very skeptical, for the right reasons.

'Course this, in fact, doesn't even come close to what you've lied all around ('tleast at first glance), but by the time I essentially stopped that arc, I was already fifteen, and this is where another arc of being a compulsive liar came around, this time concerning a rather squeamish fairytale-esque "what if", featuring real people in false roles, and it dragged about for more than 4 years this time (meaning I was 19 by that time). I wouldn't elaborate into it here further as it is/was a rather touchy issue.

But... here's something that happened to me for real.

When I first joined a Facebook group which had Doomworld members in it, there was a post in there which inquired about the Doomworld nicks behind the real names. Ever since my name at that time had at least two fragments of "Cell", I thought it was elementary and let the others guess who I was - and in direct response, @PRIMEVAL falsely accused me of being Romero in disguise. :D

I hardly doubt he isn't in denial till this day that I didn't live up to his expectations. :D

I feel absolutely no regrets for taking guesses on that one.