Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Share a random fact about yourself

i like the new sound of the notification of doomworld, (is the doom sound), but almost i have a hearth attack D: xD

Today (June 8, 2018) is the three year anniversary of my arrival at Fort Benning to (attempt and fail) to join the US Army.

October 5 would be the last day of my enlistment.

November 17 was the day I arrived at home after being mustered out.

2 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Today (June 8, 2018) is the three year anniversary of my arrival at Fort Benning to (attempt and fail) to join the US Army.

October 5 would be the last day of my enlistment.

November 17 was the day I arrived at home after being mustered out.

And why was that?

1 hour ago, KVELLER said:

And why was that?

Chest pain I suffered before I went in cropped back up during a run. Since it was an existing condition, it didn't call for a medical discharge, instead a Chapter 11, which is used for recruits in service less than six months, and is actually a refusal to train general discharge.

What didn't help was the fact that the Fitness Training Unit I (and a bunch of others) was sent to didn't really get us in better condition so much as worse, so that was pretty much the death knell of a prospective career right there. I had a lot of problems with the front of my hip shortly after I went and I never figured out why.

1 hour ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Chest pain I suffered before I went in cropped back up during a run. Since it was an existing condition, it didn't call for a medical discharge, instead a Chapter 11, which is used for recruits in service less than six months, and is actually a refusal to train general discharge.

What didn't help was the fact that the Fitness Training Unit I (and a bunch of others) was sent to didn't really get us in better condition so much as worse, so that was pretty much the death knell of a prospective career right there. I had a lot of problems with the front of my hip shortly after I went and I never figured out why.

Damn... sounds rough...

Happens. I've had two and a half years to get over it. At least I walked away with about 6,200 dollars in my pocket instead of zero like what happened with Prime, Inc. this year. My left eye has poor vision, and even corrected it's only 20/60, insufficient for getting a CDL to drive semi trucks.

And in 2015 I actually had a place to go and a job to get semi-quickly, so I was back on my feet inside about six months.

Today marks the first day I had to google slang used in advertisement. I also saw what to me initially looked like a classic skinhead but maybe I am behind the times and it is fashion again to shave your head. As far as I know skinhead-ism died out in 2008 at the latest.

I am close to thirty years of age.

When you're at the Haffla. A low price cellphone carrier subscription targeted probably towards people in their late teens. 

it means feast, celebration. It's from arabic.

My mouse pad is leaking a sticky, black-tar substance. It has a very strong scent that smells just like marijuana. 

6 minutes ago, Ajora said:

My mouse pad is leaking a sticky, black-tar substance. It has a very strong scent that smells just like marijuana. 

So it's got 420dpi I assume? :P

5 hours ago, NeedHealth said:

When you're at the Haffla. A low price cellphone carrier subscription targeted probably towards people in their late teens. 

Considering that you live in Western Europe, you should be less and less surprised by Arabic words entering the local slang :/

14 minutes ago, bzzrak said:

Considering that you live in Western Europe, you should be less and less surprised by Arabic words entering the local slang :/

Yes but it was surprising to see in an add. Thats pretty new. Arabic and to a lesser degree turkish words are part of the lexicon for many here yes. I actually could probably buy a whore when speaking to monolinguals in turkey (but not much more) with finger pointing and the random words I've picked up in my homeland. Don't know how to feel about that.

^ LMAO, same here actually! Serbia was under the occupation of the Ottoman Empire for about 500 years (a lot, right??), so naturally we've got a LOT of Turkish words we use daily. This also means that these words are centuries old and therefore kinda outdated in modern Turkish, though.

I'll be a cheater and do 5.

1. My first memory is playing Sonic the Hedgehog 2 at 4 years old.

2. I have nearly 1000 hours in Team Fortress 2

3. I play most my games with Walkthroughs. (I get lost easy in games)

4. I am colorblind

5. I have a lazy eye that I wasn't aware of until High School. Now I am super self conscious about it 3 years after leaving High School.

I've got some more I'd like to share.

Violet is my favorite color (grey excepted because it's a shade).

I cannot tell the difference between violet and indigo. The two look the same to me.

Autumn is my favorite season because it leads from summer's blistering heat into winter's crisp cold.

On that topic, I like the cold over the heat.

My favorite weather is overcast/rain.

My relationship with nearly everyone in my blood-related family is either non-existent or very poor. I'm on good terms with only my parents, since Grandad passed last year (one year as of yesterday, the 23rd).

I can't sleep with a pillow unless it's very flat because I wake up with a headache if I do.

4 minutes ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

Same. But I need FUCKING SNOW!!!

The only bad thing, especially in winter here, is that the next day it always comes with an antarctic weather....meaning clear days but it's cold as fuck

I have some pretty random facts to share about myself. Weird, but whatever. 

1. I like to leave the TV on playing a movie or a show, but not actually watching it while doing other stuff. It makes me relaxed and not alone for many times. 

2. I like to eat breakfast foods for dinner sometimes. 

3. As a lazy teenage asshole, I eat and sleep a lot. I even slept in the  basement. Manchildism much?

4. I love to imitate accents.

5. I like taking walks by myself, with just my imagination for company... Even at 2:00 in the morning. 

That's all for now. 

1 hour ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

I've got some more I'd like to share.

Violet is my favorite color (grey excepted because it's a shade).

I cannot tell the difference between violet and indigo. The two look the same to me.

Autumn is my favorite season because it leads from summer's blistering heat into winter's crisp cold.

On that topic, I like the cold over the heat.

My relationship with nearly everyone in my blood-related family is either non-existent or very poor. I'm on good terms with only my parents, since Grandad passed last year (one year as of yesterday, the 23rd).

I can't sleep with a pillow unless it's very flat because I wake up with a headache if I do.

I love rain and prefer the cold over the heat any time as well. I absolutely cannot stand summer, don't like virtually anything about it.

I can't sleep without a pillow for the same reason.

But poor relation with everyone in the family, how did that come?

I've got a preauricular pit on my right ear. This is what it is:

A preauricular pit – also referred to as a preauricular sinus or fistula – is asmall hole present in front of the earthat occurs as a result of fusion problems during the sixth week of gestation, when the ear is developing.

Apparently less than 1% of people here in the US are born with this. I also can't hear as good in that ear. It's very noticeable when listening to music in headphones, especially when there's something such as one guitar doing a lead in the right headphone. Kind of annoying tbh, but it could be worse :)

6 hours ago, Agent6 said:

But poor relation with everyone in the family, how did that come?

Half the people I deal with are deadbeat assholes or enablers for said deadbeat assholes, if that makes sense, so I refuse to have anything to do with them.

Even my uncle treated me like shit for leaving work early one night to go see Grandad in the ER. Haven't spoken to him since February.

I guess I'll share some more facts about myself.

1. I actually like oatmeal raisin cookies (And I might be the only teen in the world who does)

2. I got a Cyberpower gaming PC for Christmas last year (Strangely, it can't run Doom 2016 at full speed when it's set to any screen resolution above 4:3)

3. I listen to music when I'm working on mods

4. I'm prone to waking up at a really early time in the morning... and then falling right back asleep

5. I'm currently working on fixing an old set of 3D models to work with GZDoom

7 hours ago, GamingMarine said:

1. I actually like oatmeal raisin cookies (And I might be the only teen in the world who does)

What? Liking those isn't a common thing?! D: