Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Share a random fact about yourself

My parents had a video rental store that ran since the late 80's all the way until sometime in 2012/2013, so naturally i took advantage of this unlimited access to movies during most of the pre digital age... by barely watching any movies

People/objects randomly exploding in cartoons will forever be the funniest thing in the entire world to me XD

My entire family shuns me whenever I make tea because I never add any sugar or honey to sweeten it, while they all do

Edited by FeverDreamer

11 hours ago, Gaia74 said:

I almost never see movies

Same.

I mean, I watch movies, but most of the time only those that catch my attention in a way (such as superhero movies since I'm a sucker for them), otherwise I just ignore everything that comes out in the department.

Movies are on a decline for me as well. I use to have a couple movies I eagerly awaited each year but it has reached 0. There is the odd bait like Robocop and The Thing remake I fell for... I learned my lesson.

I did enjoy Mad Max though, that was worth it.

1 hour ago, SoulSphere said:

I love alcohol and live streaming video games drunk. :)

what? xD

1. I never played any kind of port that uses a different engine than the game engine it was ported from. That's why I never played GBA Doom 2 and Saturn Duke3D.
2. I also never played any kind of games that uses any form of anti-piracy code, even it isn't DRM.

That's not true. What I meant is that a port that runs on a engine not derived from it's original engine is never played by me.

3 minutes ago, Cacodemon345 said:

That's not true. What I meant is that a port that runs on a engine not derived from it's original engine is never played by me.

What's not true; what you said before or what you're backtracking on? Because the zdoom family of ports doesn't run on Doom's engine and is about as derived of it as gba's jaguar.

When i was a wee lad, i enjoyed trying to read my old man's medicine treaties, anatomy books and similar stuff. One day when i was 6 i stumbled upon a page with a picture of a middle aged man dying of starvation. I felt a mixture of disgust and cold sweat fear, and had nightmares for months, wich is weird because i didn't have any problem with pictures of dissected bodies with their inner organs exposed, picutres of exposed brain surgeries, skeletal structure, deformities, and detailed drawings of organs and such.

Edited by Solmyr

1 hour ago, Fonze said:

What's not true; what you said before or what you're backtracking on? Because the zdoom family of ports doesn't run on Doom's engine and is about as derived of it as gba's jaguar.

What? It's SW renderer would behave quite different had that was the case. Chances are, it would lack real-time weapon lighting and would require a GBA Doom 1 IWAD.

6 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

Are you ever going to make posts where there is at lease a slight hint of intelligence??????

Tell that to Fonze, not me. He's completely wrong.

5 minutes ago, Cacodemon345 said:

Tell that to Fonze, not me. He's completely wrong.

Well y'know, in that case provide some arguments to support your statement since other people think you are the one who's wrong.

Also, there's this handy chart from Wikipedia that is pretty accurate on the source port genealogy.

Doom-Ports.png

Every port save WinDoom and Doom95 is based to at least some degree on Linux Doom 1.0, but ZDoom itself also has roots in Heretic, Hexen, and Strife, as well as ATB Doom and NTDoom.

It's also worth noting that Heretic is based on the engine of Doom v1.2 (and thus, the Hexen engine is, too, by virtue of being based on Heretic) and Strife is based on the engine of Doom v1.666. None of them are based on 1.9, which does indeed suggest that ZDoom's engine isn't based on the latest Doom engine.

However, Linux Doom was based on the later Final Doom version of v1.9, so ZDoom really has the DNA of many of Doom's engine versions, so they do sort of all exist on the same engine.

https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Versions_of_Doom_and_Doom_II#v1.9

On 7/19/2018 at 7:57 AM, Averagewalrus23.9 said:

I have brown eyes while my parents have blue eyes, this isn't supposed to happen as blue eyes are a recessive gene while brown is dominant. (I.E. If my parents had the possibility to give me brown eyes, their eyes would be brown, not blue.) There is probably some explanation to this, but since I'm not well versed in genetics, I don't know it. (And no, I wasn't adopted.)

Maybe the mailman had brown eyes

I'M SO SORRY

2 hours ago, Eris Falling said:

I'll just leave this here

image.png.3175d2414c6919f4c9d77e58371f112c.png

2 hours ago, Cacodemon345 said:

^

You realise that literally argues against you right? Whatever. Have fun with your ignorance. o/

Now it's share an useless random fact about yourself?

cmon people, use another freaking thread...

Now for a real random fact. I don't like proper "solid" cheese but I like the melt cheese....like in pizza :)

Yeah, let's make this a cheese thread. My favourite cheese is Appenzeller. Or gammelost. The Danish version of course, not that Norwegian muck.

I can move my ears/backside of my head. 

I have a scar in my penis. Seriously. I have no idea where the hell did it came from and you all random strangers on the internet are the first ones to know about it.

uh...okay lol

btw, I really like guinea pigs.

They are so adorable and cute <3