Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Share a random fact about yourself

1 hour ago, KVELLER said:

I think 99% of songs would be WAY better without lyrics. They're kind of distracting and don't add a whole lot to the experience IMO.

I think that largely depends on the nature of music and what the composer aimed to capture, if done right in most cases both the lyrics and the music itself compliment each other instead of taking from the experience.

I for one would definitely not like my metal without lyrics for instance. In other genres like dark ambient I could live without them since the music speaks for itself there very well.

Spoiler

"In the mist of the shadows by the river of the fogpalace,
Two great spears and a flag of dominion and hate.
Over the chasm riders of doom!

And sometimes the water dares to reflect... As days pass by and the light is becoming weaker,

I can watch the death of the sun from my enormous view,
Still sometimes I thought my own eyes were deceiving me.

Many a misty morning's battle. Further on more experience,
Soon it's time to hear the sound of the horn in far distance,
The deathtone call for war.

In the mist by the hills the day darkens,
In this forest death rules,
Over this chasm riders of doom, and face him with a deadly pale
Spectre face!
Grim as stone, ride to the deathfields... Blackness and doom...
A total eclipse of the sun.
Die by the northern trilogy, in the mist by the hills."

- Taken from Satyricon's "In the Mist by the Hills".

4 hours ago, KVELLER said:

Here's another random fact: I think 99% of songs would be WAY better without lyrics. They're kind of distracting and don't add a whole lot to the experience IMO.

If you are referring to intrumentals vs singing, I feel the same way but more for metal. I can really enjoy heavier metal if the singing complimented the melody and rhythms but it often feels more like screaming over it.

I sometimes imagine the lyrics are "Listen to me, Listen to me, fuck the music".

10 hours ago, KVELLER said:

I've never understood the why behind doing stuff like that, or using any kind of "body accessory" for that matter (that includes bracelets and the like). But hey, each to their own.

Even id Software had a religious guy on the team, but he didn't care about the demons because "they're the bad guys".

Here's another random fact: I think 99% of songs would be WAY better without lyrics. They're kind of distracting and don't add a whole lot to the experience IMO.

As a vocalist and lyrics writter, I disagree with that on so much degree.

For me, talented singers adds much to the music actually, it just depend on what kind of music tho...

11 hours ago, KVELLER said:

I used to agree with this since i like instrumental music better, but while while i enjoy a lot of music more on a pure instrumental level (specially metal music), as my musical taste grew, now i can't imagine a lot of songs i really love without lyrics, such as anything by Queen or Blind Guardian

Sometimes I regret that I've never had guts to ask about physics subject to my teachers. I could reach so many things at this subject. Too bad that neither teachers cared too, mostly laid jokes about questionable things. Oh well, too late to be regretful. 

On 7/28/2018 at 9:12 PM, Maser said:

Well, I'm about to play Doom 2 which is considered a demonic game and I'm currently wearing a t-shirt that says "Team Jesus" on it. 

Man, that reminds me of a picture I saw a long time ago. Someone in church was playing one of the classic Doom games on a laptop and was using the Bible as a mousepad. I guess God was guiding his/her hand in slaying the hellspawn?

2 minutes ago, YukiRaven said:

What are they from or for?

They were part of a surgical procedure to reinforce my knee after i broke my leg in a car accident 2 years ago.

On 7/28/2018 at 5:43 PM, YukiRaven said:

I got my nipples pierced today.  They're currently very sore.

I always find this incredibly sexy. Good luck recovering.

2 hours ago, Gaia74 said:

my mother hates doom because doom brings demons, since she is very Christian :U

Interesting, never had this problem myself, they just hate most games and especially music that I like. They're both Christian fundamentalists especially my mother, and ideologically we're polar opposites. We never talk about religion anymore, we just agreed it's a discussion that goes nowhere and we're never going to agree with each other :v .

1 hour ago, Agent6 said:

Interesting, never had this problem myself, they just hate most games and especially music that I like. They're both Christian fundamentalists especially my mother, and ideologically we're polar opposites. We never talk about religion anymore, we just agreed it's a discussion that goes nowhere and we're never going to agree with each other :v .

yep but my mother, nothing, I do not take off the doom because the i literally had to fight (not to fists) so I could not take it off :U

On 7/28/2018 at 8:02 PM, Gaia74 said:

no comment

On 7/28/2018 at 8:06 PM, Archanhell said:

No comment x2.

No comment x3.

1 hour ago, Skrap Productions said:

I am participating in what is supposedly "The hardest endurance event in the world" this September: 

Good luck!

2 hours ago, Skrap Productions said:

I am participating in what is supposedly "The hardest endurance event in the world" this September: 

55 minutes ago, Archanhell said:

Good luck!

Good Luck x2! xD

On 7/29/2018 at 10:08 AM, KVELLER said:

I've never understood the why behind doing stuff like that, or using any kind of "body accessory" for that matter (that includes bracelets and the like). But hey, each to their own.

Because they like the way it looks on them? Fascinating, I know.

I have exclusively listened to mainstream and popular music for most of my life, but this past year was the first time I started looking for songs that are more obscure/less known. I never expected there to be a lot of hidden gems out there, but some of my favorites now are ones that nobody else listens to.

1 hour ago, Jthom said:

I have exclusively listened to mainstream and popular music for most of my life, but this past year was the first time I started looking for songs that are more obscure/less known. I never expected there to be a lot of hidden gems out there, but some of my favorites now are ones that nobody else listens to.

Of course, there's lots of less known artists that are vastly superior to those who are more popular, that shouldn't be of any surprise.

3 hours ago, CARRiON said:

Because they like the way it looks on them? Fascinating, I know.

Let me rephrase that: I've never understood why some people like the way those things look on them. Is it better now?

6 hours ago, Agent6 said:

Of course, there's lots of less known artists that are vastly superior to those who are more popular, that shouldn't be of any surprise.

My overall opinion was that good songs were few and far between, and really hard to find. I thought I would have to search a long time to find good music, and I just never bothered to do it, is all. Now that most of my playlist is obscure stuff I guess I really underestimated how much good music is out there. 

3 minutes ago, Jthom said:

Now that most of my playlist is obscure stuff I guess I really underestimated how much good music is out there. 

That's what I meant. If you know where to look you'll find a great deal of quality music, usually surpassing whatever is popular.

I wrote an essay on (In my opinon) the worst Spongebob episode when I was in 5th grade. I like how no one noticed that I wrote it in Comic Sans.

2 hours ago, Jthom said:

Now that most of my playlist is obscure stuff I guess I really underestimated how much good music is out there. 

Welcome to the world of trying to not act like a hipster because you listen to bands who have ~10 monthly listeners on Spotify or whatever, heh.

7 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

Welcome to the world of trying to not act like a hipster because you listen to bands who have ~10 monthly listeners on Spotify or whatever, heh.

Yay, we can enjoy the obscurity together xdd.

Or maybe... not-so-obscure-anymore, I'm impressed by how many likes some bands I support are reaching these days. Antaeus recently reached 50K, quite unexpected but awesome. Huh, now we need more patches :v .

20 hours ago, Jthom said:

Sometimes, the less known bands/albums or tracks are even better than the most known ones to be quite honest.

I own a car which just failed an MOT and won't be road legal until at least Saturday, where I get the mandatory repairs and a free retest.