Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Share a random fact about yourself

I work in a game localization company, meaning that I know the plot of most upcoming AAA games before actually getting to play them.

I'm also a raging metal elitist, and I absolutely despise 99% of metalcore, djent, and silly stuff like Slipknot or Avenged Sevenfold <3

I used to find Mercyful Fate annoying on account of King Diamond's vocals, but now I love Mercyful Fate. It just took a long time for me to get used to the vocals. 

3 hours ago, Firedust said:

I'm also a raging metal elitist, and I absolutely despise 99% of metalcore, djent, and silly stuff like Slipknot or Avenged Sevenfold <3

I also hate metalcore and djent + a few bands that have turned into shit over time, but I wish elitism, as well as a few other things would just vanish.

I wish people would see that elitism is just bullshit. The idea itself might sound good on paper but it simply doesn't work. For that you first have to set an universal standard which needs to be met in order to define something as "great" or whatever, which is not possible, and things usually degenerate into debates that are just as pointless.

52 minutes ago, Ajora said:

I used to find Mercyful Fate annoying on account of King Diamond's vocals, but now I love Mercyful Fate. It just took a long time for me to get used to the vocals. 

Same. Both MF and KG are fantastic acts but that vocal style is my least favorite of all. It's the main reason why I avoid certain kinds of thrash and heavy metal.

@Gaia74 I have 3 phobias: Acrophobia, arachnophobia, claustrophobia.

2 hours ago, Ajora said:

I had some difficulties getting used to the King's vocals back when I got into them, but by keeping playing their songs, something woke up in my head and as of nowadays, Melissa, Don't break the oath, Fatal portrait or Abigail are some of my favorite heavy metal albums ever.

Edit : Pretty much the same thing happened with Black or Death metal as a whole genre.

I tend to draw shitloads of random sketches of my settings and then trash them and start over till I reach ones I like. I've gone through like forty iterations of the Mk. 1 Steam Artillery tank's design before I found a design I liked enough to "finalize".

I once had an absurd fear of robots.

I find mannequins to be very unsettling.

I like to walk rather than drive.

I saw a rainbow today. I never get to see them.

I think most "educated" people on Youtube are idiots.

I looked at Memfis' thread earlier today and I tire of seeing politics forced into everything.

On 9/10/2018 at 11:05 AM, KVELLER said:

I was conceived by accident.

There is a ten year gap between me and my elder siblings. I’ve been reminded multiple times that I was an accident lol.

Oh well.

4 minutes ago, Ex Oblivione said:

There is a ten year gap between me and my elder siblings. I’ve been reminded multiple times that I was an accident lol.

Oh well.

we are 2 now

On 9/10/2018 at 1:05 PM, KVELLER said:

I was conceived by accident.

Most of the people on the planet are the result of unplanned pregnancies, myself included.

I'm the third and last child in my family. The purpose of my existence was to be a girl. No luck there.

3 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

I once had an absurd fear of robots.

I find mannequins to be very unsettling.

Are androids and golems still cool with you?

I'm the only child in my family, I have neither brothers nor sisters.

But I'm fine with this, I have a feeling I would've been on my own even if I had, it seems I'm constantly reminded not to rely or trust anyone, most relations I build eventually fall. Moreover, I wish I was an accident sometimes since I have not been satisfied with myself in years. 2 options here, either my standards are too high, or I'm aware of my own mediocrity. Wouldn't have been surprised if I had siblings and I was the worst of them.

4 hours ago, Gaia74 said:

it sounds sad but rarely i laugh

Sometimes people tell me I'm too serious. Now that I think about it, unless I'm among people I know, playing video games, or daydreaming I rarely laugh. As for the "too serious" part, even a few teachers at college told me they think I should be more relaxed. Funny, considering that I fail exams every semester (numbers vary).

4 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

I looked at Memfis' thread earlier today and I tire of seeing politics forced into everything.

Question is, who doesn't.

4 hours ago, Aquila Chrysaetos said:

I like to walk rather than drive.

I prefer walking over most means of transport. Bike, car, whatever it may be, unless the distance is too great chances are, I'll go on foot there.

On 9/10/2018 at 11:00 PM, Agent6 said:

At the time I also found the Specters scary, but for me the scariest were always the Mancubi, after all I couldn't make it past MAP07 thanks to them at the time.

The idea of a creature with rocket lauchers for hands combined with a disgusting look and creepy made me shit bricks and eventually gave me nightmares. I also found Shawn's Got the Shotgun to be an incredibly evil sounding track, I always turned off the speakers when I reached the level.

Oh yes.  I played doom2 happily keyboarding on a 486 with 4 MB RAM which weren't enough when I reached map07. Doom2 stuttered and the mancs blasted me to pieces within seconds every time the wall in front of the starting point went down. And Shawn got the gun sounded aggressive and intimidating. When I made it past this map finally I copied my saves so I'd never have to go through this again (didn't know about idclev, lol, but pistol starting map08 would have been equally daunting)

Egg McMuffins taste like a damp sponge. Tim Horton's and Subway are where I usually go when I want a solid breakfast sammich. It's pretty groovy that Tim Horton's now serve breakfast all day long. 

3 minutes ago, Ex Oblivione said:

I'm in love with damp sponge.

Try one of these bad boys, and you'll never eat breakfast at McDonald's again. I almost always bring mine home so that I can pour a little bit of maple syrup on it. 

Tim-Hortons-Offers-2-For-5-Classic-Break

3 minutes ago, Ajora said:

Try one of these bad boys, and you'll never eat breakfast at McDonald's again. I almost always bring mine home so that I can pour a little bit of maple syrup on it. 

I certainly enjoy the breakfast sandwiches from Tim Hortons and Subway, but not without the maple syrup. Now I know what I'm having for breakfast!

I can beat Battletoads 100% fairly (the game is totally fair, it just sets the bar very high).

I have blond hair.

I started posting here again on a whim after seeing the news about the EU on the wiki, and proceeded to piss ppl tf off without really meaning to.

Hexen is one of my favorite games, and that's what brought me here.

When i was a young teen i started a weird habit of flipping coins in the air and catching them, and ever since i carry in my pockets an old nickel coin that i sometimes flip in the air when im bored. Because of this, every time i meet up with someone i haven't seen in years usually the first question they ask is if i still have the same coin in my pockets =P