Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Share a random fact about yourself

in fact nowadays I play these video games again taking advantage of the fact that now I am much more English, I played again Final Fantasy ,4 3 years ago and I could understand the argument perfectly

40 minutes ago, DesecratorJ said:

Same, at some points, I am wondering how I should go through some games and succeed in them without even knowing the plot and objectives meanings for example. I come back today and look at some of these games and I really don't know how I did it.

Same, I think our overall experience was really dumbed down at the time since we didn't know shit about what we were supposed to do, yet we somehow managed to do it despite being brainless fools lol.

Fighting games? Nah, just beat the crap out of everyone and see what happens. Shooters? Same principle. Racing games? Just be faster than the competition. RTS games a la Warcraft or Diablo? Hmm... build some shit because it looks cool & why not, slowly explore the world without wasting all resources and men, kill whatever crawls and isn't friendly, and see what happens.

How we made progress in video games back then will always be a mystery indeed.

@Gaia74 I suppose your understanding of the language has improved, but your English is still extremely broken. It almost looks like you're choosing words randomly sometimes and put them together hoping it makes sense.

14 minutes ago, Gaia74 said:

in fact nowadays I play these video games again taking advantage of the fact that now I am much more English, I played again Final Fantasy ,4 3 years ago and I could understand the argument perfectly

Keep on praticing by doing any random things, for example, I learnt my English by playing videogames and having some chats with English people like many people did probably. To me, it's a natural learning process that has followed me over the years, and I am still doing it.

If it can make you feel more confident, back when I was 14-15, my English probably sucked even more than yours lol.

I got super wasted one night, and decided to join a FFA. -- fragged for maybe 5 mins before deciding. "Eh..I don't think this is the best idea at the moment."

Four years and a week ago I had become borderline moronic intrepid about something I really shouldn't have done.

I founded a Facebook page entitled Sodium-Threepointfourteen Cell.
See Spoiler for how it initiated:

Spoiler

Throughout a large duration of 'fourteen I was part of a humongous Hungarian Facebook community I'd refer to as "Story Group". Story Group... well, exactly as it says on the tin, was about telling humorous and/or interesting stories. Some of those were worth all the time you could swipe your eyes accross them, and yup, there were also a couple of stinkers, which evoked two infuriating results: the taking over of abrasive memeheadry, and the Admins themselves implementing "Rule 14: Any posts that don't exceed 50 likes (100 for posts including pictures) within half-an-hour will be deleted without warning." (Just my personal approach, they should've stepped up against that cancerous memeheadry instead, but never mind now.)

This is where I came to action - the majority of my peers would always admire my Hungarian vocabulary and unique ways to express myself, why not put that to good use? Aaaaand... I failed. I had to learn the hard way myself that telling an otherwise uneventful story (or in my case, many otherwise uneventful stories) in a spiced-up way doesn't really help it at all. This one story could very well end here if I actually learnt my lesson right then and right there, but no nope. All I could perceive at that time was how the successful posts in Story Group received a plethora of comments like: "I laughed so hard I fell off my chair", "Thank you, this really made my day", "I love your stories, keep it up", etc. alongside those tons of likes, and how much I yearnt something like this happening to something I myself write, create, make out of typing about something happening to me... yeah, I was just a dull unexperienced grey niemand based on the math of my feedback ratio.

What made me eventually ragequit Story Group in late August was a maddening instance of quality-feedback overlap - one guy received FCKN SIX HUNDRED AND FORTY thumbs ups for managing to remove a yogurt lid without getting it stained. That's where I quickly gave up on my membership and joined a so-called "spinoff group" called Boiler Stories instead. (The reason it was called like that? The founder was one of the above-average storytellers from Story Group, and his body shape earnt him the nickname "Boiler Body" which he frequently referenced in his writings.) This was a rather peaceful, family-esque environment where no stupid rules like 14 were present, and I also quite well received a fairly affordable amount of feedback, but things quickly got out of my control and soon, my then-repressed ego inflated like a hot air balloon, prompting me to make myself an own franchise...

I was thinking of "Well, why not show the world how talented in telling funny/food-for-thought stories that happened to me I am?", and soon, actions spoke louder than any words written, but quietened too soon. No matter how hard did I try to push my unable-to-be-digested humongous walls of text into the faces of people to read, their attention stubbornly refused to be paid.

This is where the truly pathetic part starts - "Sodium-Threepointfourteen" abbreviates to "napi", the Hungarian word for "daily", which was a literal premise. Each passing day another bulk of words and sentences would be appearing on the page, which wasn't a cardinal deal for the first three months, but after that, all my repository accumulated from Story Group and Boiler Stories would eventually run dry and I was required to work wonders by making a full article out of some really uninteresting, momentary happenings or even just some temporary feelings, maybe just random Coelho quotes expanded into musings and/or rants.

All of which while my popularity would halt to a stop at one point, concluding in a slow, staggering, but almost steady decrease in page like numbers, and I coundn't help but realize I'd become a fucking BLOGGER.
1949235327_Telder.png.dd71be6c6cc2278a91d72587b35f7bde.png
The initial plan went on for 7 months straight until I finally called that quits and just resorted to occasional posts. These included some funny "normie meme" pictures I made, alongside a few newly-founded stories, though I should mention that a fair number of these were made-up - one hideous example was me telling about how "I mistook something for a Japanese flag which later turned out to be the bedsheet of my younger sister Nicole who just happened to enter puberty" (hint: IRL I don't have any biological younger sisters).

The ravishing thing about posting the normie memes was that finally I was able to boost the page's popularity by Facebook Advertising, since pictures were vastly more successful than letters put next to each other - but this just couldn't help the dead fate of the stories I wanted to immortalize, they remained the same way unnoticed as they were, even with the page's overall popularity riding an ascending curve in the meantime.
See Spoiler for my motivation:

Spoiler

Oh, why did I actually invest real money into making this stillborn concept of a page so popular you might ask? The major motivation dates back to more than a year prior to founding the page when I started my existence on several other different social media platforms (including but not limited to ask.fm and tumblr), and through all those profound thoughts I could write down in there I came to the ill-advised conclusion this is the ultimate way to express my true personality, not the "involuntary" loser acts I commit when I am required to meet new people IRL. I guessed making a whole brand of it could more than help me being more popular, in particular.
TrulyUnderstandMe.png.8e255978f0140202f2a9602ae925ba84.png

... Well, ravish for falling over, face-first on the floor. Hard. And not even once.

The moment I got acknowledged by these rough facts was about 2 years after founding the page, and it hit me quite a painful time how much a dork I was all along. And not even only while running Sodium-Threepointfourteen Cell, but for also quite a long time preceding it, I could only associate success with being widely known and loved. Both the way I perceived it and the way I actually tried to achieve my beloved fame made me instantly deeply regret everything and flushing those ask.fm and tumblr accounts down the drain.

And then I just got tired (and of course, embarrassed) of the page itself and deleted it as well. The end.

Edited by Cell

I got the chance to drive a big rig today. It was only the tractor part of a tractor-trailer, but it was an exciting experience anyway. So far it was the largest vehicle I've driven. I probably ground about ten thousand miles off that poor transmission.

ohermagod dthe guys in abigail the fuckisna streeteet fuckiing metal soc muchb ebbeer bbeereer treathe teh member brutsalwulfex all fucking metal so mcuh fo falparty ai'm really nonoured that so mcuah tof the night tinto the eveniign hours somuch bbeeer anda and black fcucking metali astreeet metal forever. ait te hs susukizi said that isahsodfu nihon onof nai and berxerk

Hangovers are fiiiine so long as you have lots of eggs. Mmmmm eggs make for good hangover food.

I bought Suzuki San and myself a total of four beers so long as we both chugged them like STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN. I am literally swimming in a breadeth of ahard liquor and imporghtwaht/ 

1 hour ago, Ajora said:

ohermagod dthe guys in abigail the fuckisna streeteet fuckiing metal soc muchb ebbeer bbeereer treathe teh member brutsalwulfex all fucking metal so mcuh fo falparty ai'm really nonoured that so mcuah tof the night tinto the eveniign hours somuch bbeeer anda and black fcucking metali astreeet metal forever. ait te hs susukizi said that isahsodfu nihon onof nai and berxerk

Looks like you had a great time.

I suppose it was a great descent from a blackened sky, if you catch my meaning xdd.

9 hours ago, Agent6 said:

Looks like you had a great time.

I suppose it was a great descent from a blackened sky, if you catch my meaning xdd.

I made a prairie oyster for the first time today. I actually quite enjoyed the taste of it. Seemed to help a bit.

It's rare that I go as overboard as I did last night, but it seemed like the right place and time for it. The guys in Abigail are a blast to party with. Really kind and down to earth as well. I dunno how they're going to get through the rest of their tour with their livers intact. 

On 9/22/2018 at 4:00 PM, Agent6 said:

Back when I was a kid I played video games only for how fun they were or if their theme appealed to me in some kind of way, but I didn't know anything about their plot whatsoever considering that English is not my native language. I didn't even know what the various options in their menus did, I only knew what "Start" and "Quit" meant :v .

Same here. In fact, Quake 2 was my first English teacher haha.

On 9/22/2018 at 5:10 PM, Agent6 said:

Same, I think our overall experience was really dumbed down at the time since we didn't know shit about what we were supposed to do, yet we somehow managed to do it despite being brainless fools lol.

It was the opposite for me, actually, but it was mostly because I made my own fun within the games I played. I remember playing the demo for the game Cyberbikes and spending hours dicking around the levels, completely ignoring the mission objectives (despite me knowing that they were a thing). And if a game didn't allow for much exploration and I got stuck, I'd more than happy to play the first few levels over and over. Case in point: Quake 2. Well, technically I didn't get stuck in that game, but I was terrified of the lava in Mine Entrance, so I just played the first two units for years, and I loved it.

Suffice to say, my experiences weren't dumbed down, but instead enhanced by my young mind. There are a lot of things I'd rather do nowadays than play any of those two games.

PS: In that last sentence, is it ok to use "playing"? Or should I say "play" instead? Got it :)

Edited by KVELLER : Grammar

9 minutes ago, KVELLER said:

Suffice to say, my experiences weren't dumbed down, but instead enhanced by my young mind. There are a lot of things I'd rather do nowadays than playing any of those two games. 

Oh yeah, the mission objectives, I remember ignoring them in most games I played.

I remember playing CoD 1 or 2 at a friend back then for instance and we never made it far because not all objectives were marked on the map, and since we didn't understand what the messages said we just did random things on the map instead.

Or GTA, man at the time I sure never made progress in the games, which is why I haven't finished any game up to this day. I loved using cheats, blowing shit up and stirring chaos in San Andreas, that's all the GTA games were to me :v .

9 hours ago, KVELLER said:

PS: In that last sentence, is it ok to use "playing"? Or should I say "play" instead?

Play would be grammatically correct.

I guess that's another random fact: I have a BA in English.

Still to this day I have a hard time pronouncing "cellular" and "proliferation" the proper way without screwing it up.

On 9/23/2018 at 3:48 AM, Cell said:

their attention stubbornly refused to be paid

Because I tend to heavily underestimate people's ignorance skills. Oh well, some traits never get better.

I collect vintage toys, and sometimes design them, like this doll of Winter Agent Juno I collaborated on with The Doll Planet.

image.png.8765135d07637d0791febf9f60e44947.png

I have only done retail and sales roles.

But I hate sales and meeting new people.

i think Addhiranirr from Morrowind has the single sexiest name to say out loud ever given to anyone in the world

14 hours ago, KVELLER said:

@Impie Dude, that Batman in the background looks hilarious.

image2.png.ac02dafecde77f111360944618b29004.png

lol I have like three of them. They are full of the derp.

I love orange juice and drink it all the time, but I'm not crazy on oranges. I find most of them a bit too acidic and tart. Mandarin oranges are nice in a Spring salad. 

Edited by Ajora

On 10/3/2018 at 1:47 PM, Ajora said:

I love orange juice and drink it all the time, but I'm not crazy on oranges. I find most of them a bit too acidic and tart. Mandarin oranges are nice in a Spring salad. 

Can relate to that too, I drink apple or grape juice pretty much the time, and I don't even like to eat those fruits that much.