Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Share a random fact about yourself

I accidentally got hit by a motorcycle while I was riding my bicycle just a few hours ago. Surprisingly, I didn't hurt that much.

5 hours ago, BrassKnight said:

I accidentally got hit by a motorcycle while I was riding my bicycle just a few hours ago. Surprisingly, I didn't hurt that much.

the best thing would be to go to doctor, my sister happen the same thing and a few days later it started to hurt a lot

I absolutely despise Bell Canada's commercials with every fibre of my being. They're the most condescending, stupid, and cynical series of commercials I've ever seen in my life. The characters in the commercials have absolutely no passion or interest in life doing anything other than worshipping Bell Canada's services and products in ways that come across as unnatural, sycophantic, and downright creepy. And whenever there's the odd character who (for example) isn't subscribed to Bell Fibe TV, they're treated like paedophiles or something by their peers. It actually gets kind of mean-spirited at times. Those damn beavers were god awful, and the commercials only seem to be getting worse. They're an embarrassment, and Bell should be ashamed of themselves for putting out such obnoxious garbage. 

Edited by Ajora

I closed my facebook account week ago. It feels nice and seems nobody missed me through week. I'll keep that way more. 

18 minutes ago, Misty said:

I closed my facebook account week ago. It feels nice and seems nobody missed me through week. I'll keep that way more. 

I really wish I could do the same (I've always said it, and most likely always will, FB could die in an instant and I wouldn't even bat an eye since I'm using it out of necessity more than anything) but...

- College.

- A number of friends.

- Staying up to date with a few TV shows and other things.

- Bands, record labels, etc.

- Other kinds of pages that share stuff which is of personal interest to me.

@Agent6 I'm on the same boat. I use it just because I can talk to some of my friends and family that way, but if it were to die I wouldn't really care.

The last time I posted something on Facebook was in 2016 and my profile photo dates from 2015 and I registered in 2014, It has no utility to me other than talking to friends and staying up to date with things I like.

I have 6 notebooks of 100 sheets completely written with my stories

I have written 600 pages

although my writing affects me :"v

1 hour ago, Gaia74 said:

I have 6 notebooks of 100 sheets completely written with my stories

I have written 600 pages

Damn, that's some dedication right there!

2 hours ago, Gaia74 said:

although my writing affects me :"v

In what way?

1 hour ago, KVELLER said:

In what way?

in that it is a little ugly, but can be readable

and some people can not read it while another one can

but that I consider a blessing because not everyone could read them, curiously the people who can read the books, are people who are close to me

I've never bought digital music. I'm still buying CD's in the few places you can find them, mostly at thrift stores and flea markets. I bought a couple Dio Cd's on ebay a couple days ago. I either play my CD's on a stereo with a 3 CD changer or I have everything ripped to MP3 and put the whole library on shuffle when I'm on the comp...

2 hours ago, Matthias said:

I am a retard

Do you also have very low self-esteem (provided you weren't sarcastic there). That's what I usually say when something doesn't turn out the way I want, but then I've also developed a few complexes over time unfortunately...

12 hours ago, DesecratorJ said:

The last time I posted something on Facebook was in 2016 and my profile photo dates from 2015 and I registered in 2014, It has no utility to me other than talking to friends and staying up to date with things I like.

Same, regarding the last part.

Otherwise, I spam (share stuff) on FB on a daily basis. Let's just say I'm my own audience (if I share something 99.9% of the time it's purely for myself, be it an article, a picture, whatever. Oh, and a FUCKLOAD of music. Whether someone else cares in any way, shape, or form about what I'm posting, for better or worse, is of no concern to me, I don't care at all. Pity to the one who thinks I actually do... ).

1 hour ago, Doom_Dude said:

I've never bought digital music. I'm still buying CD's in the few places you can find them, mostly at thrift stores and flea markets. I bought a couple Dio Cd's on ebay a couple days ago. I either play my CD's on a stereo with a 3 CD changer or I have everything ripped to MP3 and put the whole library on shuffle when I'm on the comp...

I've actually started buying music in digital format recently, however I still stand behind my opinions. It definitely doesn't feel the same as buying physical copies, and since most of us likely use onboard audio the quality is going to be inferior regardless of your chosen format and whether or not you're able to notice the difference between playing the music on PC or in the player.

That being said, it has the advantage of being able to be carried wherever you go (as in, putting the music on your mobile's SD card, on a digital library, etc) and not having to worry about scratching/damaging the CD, not to mention that the pricing is different, music in digital format is usually (much) cheaper.

For instance, I've recently bought Old Funeral's Our Condolences compilation in digital format for 7 bucks. The shop I'm usually buying physical copies from somehow has it available BUT for almost 30 bucks, that's 4 times the price, which is an enormous (I'd go as far as calling it outrageous) difference in our currency. So, in those cases I'd rather stick to digital format than physical, both have their advantages and disadvantages at the end of the day. Also, physical copies tend to go out of print eventually and many don't enjoy re-releases, and, while digital versions can most certainly be taken down anytime, at least you don't have to worry about getting it as soon as possible to avoid this problem, especially if it's a more obscure release.

16 hours ago, Doom_Dude said:

Once in a while I bought music, but I almost never bought it :c

I actually own a collection of about 1,500 CDs (been collecting for 11 years now). And yes, I've actually listened to them all, many times.

Also, I have never pirated an album or even a song.

I used to own around 1700 role-playing game books and boxes, but before I married, last year, I've trimmed down my collection to around 40 books.

I sold some books on eBay, but I gave away most of them, including a near-complete collection of Planescape and Mystara supplements, and other rare stuff.

For example, here are the boxes I gave away ton one random guy in my hometown :

Spoiler

cartons1.jpg

cartons2.jpg

Here's my full "collection now :

Spoiler

kolek1.jpg

kolek2.jpg

Edited by soner du : details

9 hours ago, soner du said:

I used to own around 1700 role-playing game books and boxes, but before I married, last year, I've trimmed down my collection to around 40 books.

I sold some books on eBay, but I gave away most of them, including a near-complete collection of Planescape and Mystara supplements, and other rare stuff.

why you do that?

5 minutes ago, Gaia74 said:

why you do that?

To make some room, as quickly as possible...

My RPG collection in 2010 :

avant.jpg

My RPG collection in 2018 :

apres.jpg

I'm 21 years old but I'm a sissy as before. I don't know how to be independent. My mommy always asks me "When you grow up?".

Also I'm studying in university and I don't wag all quarters but only physical culture.

55 minutes ago, BJ34 said:

I'm 21 years old but I'm a sissy as before. I don't know how to be independent. My mommy always asks me "When you grow up?".

At least they don't make you feel like you're still 11. I've said it many times before, but I feel like I'm perpetually stuck at that age when it comes to their approach to me, and that's highly unlikely to change unless I'm going to finally move and have my own house, which is not going to happen anytime soon, unfortunately.

Besides, my mother would probably fall under what some people have started referring to as an "overgrown child", which says a lot really.

2 hours ago, Agent6 said:

At least they don't make you feel like you're still 11. I've said it many times before, but I feel like I'm perpetually stuck at that age when it comes to their approach to me, and that's highly unlikely to change unless I'm going to finally move and have my own house, which is not going to happen anytime soon, unfortunately.

Besides, my mother would probably fall under what some people have started referring to as an "overgrown child", which says a lot really.

at least they do not feel like me,

at 14 years old I feel anchored, it seems that I will never be able to leave, because I see my friends, everyone else of my age, and they go out with their friends with almost no problem (I usually ask them if they asked for permission or not) and my .... to make a school project I can not go without having a damn problem

The Random Image Thread is the only thread I subscribed to without contributung any posts or content, ever.

16 minutes ago, Gaia74 said:

at least they do not feel like me,

at 14 years old I feel anchored, it seems that I will never be able to leave, because I see my friends, everyone else of my age, and they go out with their friends with almost no problem (I usually ask them if they asked for permission or not) and my .... to make a school project I can not go without having a damn problem

Something around the lines of having permission to hang out with certain people or go to certain places? That part sounds awfully familiar. I've been there, it's shit. Around the time I was 18 (I'm 21 now, so it was recent) I had to severe my ties with a friend because he didn't go to college and his situation was more difficult.

According to her, he was not inspiring me to aim higher and want more but rather to lower my standards and aspirations. No sarcasm, she genuinely believed that, in fact, she likely still does, because for some reason she sees me as easy to influence. Even though we live in the same house, after two decades she still doesn't know jack about me somehow, or that's how I see it. I may have done some seriously retarded things back when I was a kid, but that's about it, I've never been one to accept or follow something (blindly), especially if it didn't serve my goals or did the exact opposite. Freedom's pretty restricted here, but oh well, I'll survive and come on top, I always do, somehow. We're so different it's sometimes hard to believe we're part of the same family too.

Meanwhile, ended up writing a small wall of text about some of my struggles it seems, that's fine.

I would love to one day drink with fired pop-idol turned professional wrestler, Itoh Maki. 

Babymetal's music gives me a mild headache. They all seem like great people, but their music is so discordant that it makes my brain feel like it's being split in two.

Edited by Ajora