Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Share a random fact about yourself

5 minutes ago, GoatLord said:

I got married a couple months ago and yesterday was our 13th anniversary.

3 minutes ago, FractalBeast said:

Do you have a time machine?

LOL I want that thing.

Just for the record, I know what you meant GoatLord, but it was funny nonetheless.

On 11/13/2018 at 11:41 AM, ReaperAA said:

Lets see:

I am 18 days younger than Heretic shareware version

Speaking of release dates, I am exactly four weeks older than the first Doom shareware (one of my classmates from high school was, in fact, only one day younger than it).

Also I share my birthday with the infamous Charles Manson. A trivia out there actually exists that most serial killers are born in November, but I really hope this doesn't apply to me.

33 minutes ago, Cell said:

Speaking of release dates, I am exactly four weeks older than the first Doom shareware (one of my classmates from high school was, in fact, only one day younger than it).

Also I share my birthday with the infamous Charles Manson. A trivia out there actually exists that most serial killers are born in November, but I really hope this doesn't apply to me.

A large percent of people are born 9 months after a major event, except maybe full evacuation orders.

2 hours ago, Gaia74 said:

Why did you believe that?

Frankly my dear, I don't even remember anymore.

14 minutes ago, Rimantas said:

I'm powered by strong black coffee and Windows XP.

What's the point of using XP in 2018? Support ended way back in 2014.

Are you using it on your everyday machine?

51 minutes ago, Rimantas said:

I'm powered by strong black coffee and Windows XP.

Please tell me that your Windows XP computer is not the one you have connected to the internet. An XP computer is fine and good if you're playing older games on it, but you really shouldn't have it online.

@Agent6 What is use of that support? Look at that bloated Win 10: M$ can do anything with your PC and track your every breath. Win 7 is not bad, but have problems with software renderer and most of my favorite games, programs won't run on it properly. Avast is my support, never had any issues with Win XP. Rock stable, fast, snappy, user friendly, settings are not hidden. It's perfect OS if you know what to do and to don't. Besides original Doom is not officialy "supported" too. Yes, i use Win XP only.

I use Windows 7 currently (and I tried Win 10 but I reverted it back) and I wouldn't use XP if I were you. It's just a ticking bomb without real protection.

Another useless fact of mine: I wasted 5 years because I was lazy.

54 minutes ago, Rimantas said:

@Agent6 What is use of that support? Look at that bloated Win 10: M$ can do anything with your PC and track your every breath. Win 7 is not bad, but have problems with software renderer and most of my favorite games, programs won't run on it properly. Avast is my support, never had any issues with Win XP. Rock stable, fast, snappy, user friendly, settings are not hidden. It's perfect OS if you know what to do and to don't. Besides original Doom is not officialy "supported" too. Yes, i use Win XP only.

The tracking part is pretty much a moot argument though, also look at Google. That's something people were against W10 ever since it was released and it's getting tiresome to hear it as people's main reason not to touch it. I like W10 frankly, you're probably not going to hear this from people very often.

Bloatware? Sure, but most of it can be removed and the rest turned off. I've used XP in the past but it wasn't always stable for me, in fact stability along with security were 2 things that weren't exactly its strong points. Performance on the other hand? No doubt, it was very fast and responsive. 7 was just as great, Vista cancer (my first modern-ish PC shipped with it shortly after release, so you can imagine I've experienced the same frustration most users who curse its name have at the time), but like it or not it paved the future and thus, was a necessary evil. 8.1 was terrible, most unstable and unreliable Win OS I've ever used, after a few months I jumped on W10 and didn't look back, have not had a single serious issue with it. A few stupid bugs every now and then, but that's all.

Anyway, XP is still not something you should be using in an online environment even if you have the knowledge of what to do and what not to, but it's your call.

1 hour ago, Rimantas said:

...M$ can do anything with your PC and track your every breath...

*laughs in European*

I'd like to see Microsoft track my computer habits. I'm sure the EU would enjoy extracting a few billion euros in fines from Microsoft.

@Agent6 My parents bought laptop in 2007, it was with that V... i can't and don't want to say that name. My uncle asked me to install and setup some programs on his Win 10 laptop couple weeks ago. It was so slow and clunky... My cousin have Win 8.1 laptop and curses it. Another uncle's wife's Win 7 laptop got formated by itself... left only clean OS. Repair guy told them that some "server" did that...

7 minutes ago, Rimantas said:

@Agent6 My parents bought laptop in 2007, it was with that V... i can't and don't want to say that name. My uncle asked me to install and setup some programs on his Win 10 laptop couple weeks ago. It was so slow and clunky... My cousin have Win 8.1 laptop and curses it. Another uncle's wife's Win 7 laptop got formated by itself... left only clean OS. Repair guy told them that some "server" did that...

Maybe because they didn't use their laptops accordingly m8?

just saying...

That Win10 laptop was probably slow and clunky because it was an ancient laptop that should be buried in a grave instead of being used. Whenever someone complains about their laptop being slow, I take a look and find myself staring at a 10 year old laptop but now has to drag ass to run Win10.

Operating systems have system requirements too you know.

Running Win10 on my gaming PC and I don't even notice it's there. Now my four year old budget laptop... that thing runs like shit.

13 minutes ago, FractalBeast said:

Now my four year old budget laptop... that thing runs like shit.

Mine is a 5-year laptop with Win 7 and it's running like new, because I do the right maintenance.

1 hour ago, FractalBeast said:

That Win10 laptop was probably slow and clunky because it was an ancient laptop that should be buried in a grave instead of being used. Whenever someone complains about their laptop being slow, I take a look and find myself staring at a 10 year old laptop but now has to drag ass to run Win10.

Operating systems have system requirements too you know.

Running Win10 on my gaming PC and I don't even notice it's there. Now my four year old budget laptop... that thing runs like shit.

I have automatic Windows updates disabled specifically because of this. My laptop came with Windows 8.1, I don't have many issues with it (I can understand why its so hated, but it still isn't as bad as Windows 8). This laptop is my main computer, I don't need a newer OS slowing down its performance to a crawl, I've already got software running in the background to perform that dysfunction!

Everyone finds OS for their needs and tastes. When you know it, you co-live with it, it becomes your tool and friend.

Edited by Rimantas

On 11/11/2018 at 11:26 AM, Agent6 said:

I might miss something, but I'm thinking there's more to it than that. If none of your friends/contacts missed you, they probably need to be replaced, shows how much they care.

Want to be friends?

You know what time it is? It's story tiiiiime!

Spoiler

Once, I was with some friends visiting a girl I liked at the time, so we stayed in her house hanging out for a couple hours. We eventually had to leave, so we were saying our goodbyes and then... something happened: my dumb self forgot that I was carrying a backpack, so I turned around and knocked down a big soda bottle, which was unfortunately open. Oh yeah, and I also knocked down every little fucking thing in that table, I pretty much just sweeped the entire surface in a single movement.

I was in shock. I literally could not believe what I had done, and this wasn't anyone's house, either, it was HER house, and the worst part is that I just stood there, looking at the mess that I had caused, doing nothing to fix it. One of my friends eventually reacted and helped clean up a bit, and when I finally managed to snap out of it, there was nothing for me to do, except saying "sorry" more times than I'm able to count.

So, that's why I'm now always paranoid when carrying a backpack in narrow spaces.

29 minutes ago, KVELLER said:

It's story tiiiiime!

I died laughing with story time because I also said Story Time when i gonna say some story of me XD

@KVELLER That's an interesting way to hook up. All you needed to say after that experiment was "I wanted to show Magic Trick, but as you can see, my magic stick is too powerful".

On 11/19/2018 at 5:33 AM, KVELLER said:

You know what time it is? It's story tiiiiime!

Hide contents

Once, I was with some friends visiting a girl I liked at the time, so we stayed in her house hanging out for a couple hours. We eventually had to leave, so we were saying our goodbyes and then... something happened: my dumb self forgot that I was carrying a backpack, so I turned around and knocked down a big soda bottle, which was unfortunately open. Oh yeah, and I also knocked down every little fucking thing in that table, I pretty much just sweeped the entire surface in a single movement.

I was in shock. I literally could not believe what I had done, and this wasn't anyone's house, either, it was HER house, and the worst part is that I just stood there, looking at the mess that I had caused, doing nothing to fix it. One of my friends eventually reacted and helped clean up a bit, and when I finally managed to snap out of it, there was nothing for me to do, except saying "sorry" more times than I'm able to count.

So, that's why I'm now always paranoid when carrying a backpack in narrow spaces.

That reminds me of that one time I smoked some 20x extracted salvia over at a girl's place.

Spoiler

Two girls from uni had heard about salvia, and wanted to try it out. Now I had some salvia extract (20x) and had smoked salvia before, so I suggested I'd show them how it's done and they can decide whether they wanted to try it too. So I smoke it, and the last contact with reality I had was one of the girls asking "Has it kicked in yet?" and then I transformed into a streak of light moving around a black hole trying not to fall into the event horizon, which I did of course by moving in a circle.

Meanwhile in the real world I was running through the room at full speed clockwise for about half a minute, smashing through anyone and anything in my way, until I finally scratched my head open after a collision with some hard furniture, slowly coming back into reality, wondering why there was sand coming out of my head (it was blood). Reality was filtered through something that's somewhat comparable to the screen melting effect you have in Doom, with some Hall of Mirrors effects thrown in (not a perfect description of what I saw, but close enough for non-psychonauts to understand). Something pushed me down (one of the girls grabbed me and pushed me on the ground), while the other got some bandaids. Eventually, the weird harmonics I heard transformed into sound ("Is he going to stay like this forever?" "What do we do?") and I asked them who they were, and where I was. I was told to just lie down, so I did, closing my eyes. Turns out that while the trip had diminished to the extent that the open eye visuals were gone, but I still had some closed eye visuals going. So with my eyes closed, I witnessed the room I was in, repeated infinitely across the 3 axis, into a multiverse of similar rooms. Eventually, all I saw was the inside of my eyelids, the trip was gone. It still took about 15 minutes to fully integrate the experience back into (my memories) of regular life, because even though the trip must have been only one minute, it felt like an entire lifetime. Needless to say, the girls didn't want to try salvia after that. Instead, we just took vodka shots to calm down the nerves and called it a night.

I had smoked salvia in my own place before, but I didn't know I moved around on salvia. My place had a very spartan layout, so there wasn't a whole lot I could smash into. It did explain why my previous salvia experiences ended with me waking up with strange pains on the ground instead of in my comfy chair. I had been moving around smashing into things, but given my furniture layout nothing broke or was moved.

Edited by FractalBeast

On 11/19/2018 at 3:47 AM, Space Boss said:

Want to be friends?

Eh, I dunno.

You see, I've mentioned a couple of times before that my experience with people is largely unpleasant/unsatisfactory. Many times I thought I had one life found a way to show me I did not, seems that most of them eventually dumped me (and I have a nagging feeling the very few I have left will do the same once they get a chance), so I pretty much gave on people a long time ago as things seem to want to remain the same.

7 hours ago, Agent6 said:

Eh, I dunno.

You see, I've mentioned a couple of times before that my experience with people is largely unpleasant/unsatisfactory. Many times I thought I had one life found a way to show me I did not, seems that most of them eventually dumped me (and I have a nagging feeling the very few I have left will do the same once they get a chance), so I pretty much gave on people a long time ago as things seem to want to remain the same.

Okay, man. No hard feelings.

Truth is that my experience around friendships and relationships is almost the same as yours, so I know where you're coming from.

22 hours ago, FractalBeast said:

That reminds me of that one time I smoked some 20x extracted salvia over at a girl's place.

Hide contents

Two girls from uni had heard about salvia, and wanted to try it out. Now I had some salvia extract (20x) and had smoked salvia before, so I suggested I'd show them how it's done and they can decide whether they wanted to try it too. So I smoke it, and the last contact with reality I had was one of the girls asking "Has it kicked in yet?" and then I transformed into a streak of light moving around a black hole trying not to fall into the event horizon, which I did of course by moving in a circle.

Meanwhile in the real world I was running through the room at full speed clockwise for about half a minute, smashing through anyone and anything in my way, until I finally scratched my head open after a collision with some hard furniture, slowly coming back into reality, wondering why there was sand coming out of my head (it was blood). Reality was filtered through something that's somewhat comparable to the screen melting effect you have in Doom, with some Hall of Mirrors effects thrown in (again, not a perfect description of what I saw, but close enough for non-psychonauts to understand). Something pushed me down (one of the girls grabbed me and pushed me on the ground), while the other got some bandaids. Eventually, the weird harmonics I heard transformed into sound ("Is he going to stay like this forever?" "What do we do?") and I asked them who they were, and where I was. I was told to just lie down, so I did, closing my eyes. Turns out that while the trip had diminished to the extent that the open eye visuals were gone, but I still had some closed eye visuals going. So with my eyes closed, I witnessed the room I was in, repeated infinitely across the 3 axis, into a multiverse of similar rooms. Eventually, all I saw was the inside of my eyelids, the trip was gone. It still took about 15 minutes to fully integrate the experience back into (my memories) of regular life, because even though the trip must have been only one minute, it felt like an entire lifetime. Needless to say, the girls didn't want to try salvia after that. Instead, we just took vodka shots to calm down the nerves and called it a night.

I had smoked salvia in my own place before, but I didn't know I moved around on salvia. My place had a very spartan layout, so there wasn't a whole lot I could smash into. It did explain why my previous salvia experiences ended with me waking up with strange pains on the ground instead of in my comfy chair. I had been moving around smashing into things, but given my furniture layout nothing broke or was moved.

Damn, saying that that thing is powerful would be an understatement, huh? I think it's hilarious how you were showing them salvia and instantly turned into a "don't do drugs, kids" example.