Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Share a random fact about yourself

1 hour ago, DesecratorJ said:

It's my birthday and I realized that I don't care as much as I expected to, other people as well. 

Happy birthday xd.

But I share the sentiment. It's prob because I hate myself for as long as I can remember and can't figure out why would anyone pick any interest in me (that's not to say I see myself as shit, no, but since I do see myself as a boring and uninteresting person with butter fingers -- I stop the rant there -- I think it's better for people to just focus on something or someone else), so everytime it's my birthday and some of my friends or relatives ask me what I'm planning for the day, my answer is always "nothing/I dunno/Whatever you think is a good idea".

Fun fact for today: Sometimes I waste considerable time writting comments that I eventually don't post or change dramatically in the last moment. This very post was meant to be longer (and filled with more self-loathing) but I deleted most of that in the end.

3 minutes ago, Agent6 said:

Fun fact for today: Sometimes I waste considerable time writting comments that I eventually don't post or change dramatically in the last moment.

I've done this very thing multiple times. I once spent two or three hours working on a single post only to abandon it at the last second. I usually do this when I'm about to post something that I realized I would have regretted in retrospect, or when I realize that I have nothing worth saying in a conversation.

1 hour ago, Agent6 said:

Fun fact for today: Sometimes I waste considerable time writting comments that I eventually don't post or change dramatically in the last moment.

1 hour ago, Skeletonpatch said:

I've done this very thing multiple times. I once spent two or three hours working on a single post only to abandon it at the last second. I usually do this when I'm about to post something that I realized I would have regretted in retrospect, or when I realize that I have nothing worth saying in a conversation.

Yup, I second (third?) that.

8 hours ago, Skeletonpatch said:

Exactly the same.

I recently got diagnosed having bipolar 2 depressive boogaloo.

also, it's been a while people. just took care of stuff and now I'm ready to mapping again.

ps: @Tracer is already tracer before jeff kaplan even thought of overwatch

@Agent6 You need to be less self loathing. I read your posts and you don't come off as someone worth despising. I understand that people are different to their online personas but there is still a reflection of a stable reasonably thinking person. I feel you can even be a moderator of a argument.

18 minutes ago, Chezza said:

@Agent6 You need to be less self loathing. I read your posts and you don't come off as someone worth despising. I understand that people are different to their online personas but there is still a reflection of a stable reasonably thinking person. I feel you can even be a moderator of a argument.

What you see online is actually the closest you'll ever come to knowing me since I'm actually much more open here as opposed to real life. That's because I'm introverted and I don't talk much with people around me save for 2-3 friends I have, for multiple reasons, but primarily because I don't see ourselves on the same page when it comes to most things, so there's no real point.

The self-loathing exhibited here (and in real life sometimes too) is probably the product of the inferiority complex I've managed to develop over time unfortunately, that can't be so easily fixed by just "stop doing that". That's what happens when you're compared to others and told nothing you've done was enough your whole life... Both surprisingly and ironically, my arrogance usually keeps me in check when it wants to kick in nastily, or snaps me out of the shittier self-loathing moods I have every now and then. That attitude is probably still rooted in realism but I might have lost touch with it since that's what I tend to see only.

6 hours ago, Agent6 said:

What you see online is actually the closest you'll ever come to knowing me since I'm actually much more open here as opposed to real life. That's because I'm introverted and I don't talk much with people around me save for 2-3 friends I have, for multiple reasons, but primarily because I don't see ourselves on the same page when it comes to most things, so there's no real point.

That's... surprisingly close to my personality. I even have the same amount of friends lol.

The main difference would be the self-loathing aspect, which I don't have, but I think that's in great part thanks to the fact that I've been lucky enough to have parents that have always supported me on whatever I wanted to do, and whenever I'm about to do something stupid or that they don't think is ok, they always go like "you probably shouldn't do that, and here's why". They've always explained everything to me, none of that "you must obey" BS, even when I was a 3 year old that didn't understand a damn thing. Seeing how so many people have oppressive parents that always seem to treat their offspring like some sort of inferior creatures, I can't help but be extremely thankful for having parents that try to guide me instead of controlling me.

I kinda went in a tangent, but I guess I needed to take that off my chest.

Edited by KVELLER

12 hours ago, Agent6 said:

Same here. Ur not alone in this situation.

11 hours ago, KVELLER said:

Seeing how so many people have oppressive parents that always seem to treat their offspring like some sort of inferior creatures, I can't help but be extremely thankful for having parents that try to guide me instead of controlling me.

Yea, that sums up my parents pretty well.

On 11/30/2018 at 7:36 AM, YukiRaven said:

I hate screen protectors and thus never use them.

Oh god yes. I remember when my parents got them on our CRT monitor. Get that useless trash off the computer! It is just a damn scam!

Edit : Happy birthday @GamingMarine

Edited by Pegg

5 hours ago, GamingMarine said:

Today's my birthday. 15 years of life used up.

Happy bday! You might have "used up" 15 years, but you still have a long way to go.

1 hour ago, KVELLER said:

Happy bday! You might have "used up" 15 years, but you still have a long way to go.

Hopefully :p .

Taking a trip down memory lane looking at photos of myself as a kid triggered a couple memories from the inner recesses of my mind that I thought I'd  share here :D

I used to draw loads of these "doom mazes" as I now call them in elementary school. Like these weren't standard labyrinths in paper; they almost looked like they could be legit map layouts in doom, complete with colored keys and lines for locked doors. I even made par times for these mazes WTF. I managed to get my friends to go through some of them lol. I remember at one point I even had nukage cover parts of some mazes that "damage" players of they run into them and drew little medikits and stimpacks in places to recover health. I'm not kidding. Worse part, poor little me was so influenced by Doom and Wolfenstein 3D that I also recall gratuitously drawing pentagrams and swastikas, to represent teleporters or the start or end of the "doom mazes". I didn't know any better! Thank goodness one of my friends pointed out what was wrong, and I stopped doing that before any teachers saw. XD

The other childhood memory of mine (also happened while I was in grade school) isn't as elaborate as above, but I once drew the ending scene of Doom on paper, in the classroom where everyone can see! After what I think was months of being haunted by that image of the bunny's head on a spike in front of a burning city after beating Doom for the first time, I... guess I tried to get it out of my head by drawing it from memory in class? It was probably a pretty damn accurate/detailed drawing, since the only time I looked up from the paper was when I was done, and when I did I saw all the classmates that sat immediately around me had looks that seem to be of shock and awe. Now I was the type of kid to be scared shitless of even thinking about getting into trouble, so upon realising what I had just done, I panicked, crumpled up my paper and threw it away immediately, never to be seen by anybody again. Ah, good times...

jeez, to think that a game that bearly scarred me is still one of my all time favorites.

Recently I caught one of my friends watching a video on their laptop, which featured a dude giving instructions on how to clean a glass eye, being in possession of one. However, it was just the exact moment the guy took his faux eye out of its socket, leaving a sorta-gaping dark red hole behind. In a matter of mere seconds, I felt an ultimate weakening chill striking and leaving me trembling heavily with "phantom cold". I didn't even know why - I used to watch Happy Tree Friends on a regular basis back in the days, and it featured a fair number of onscreen, fleshed-out eye losses and/or empty sockets left wide open (the most infamous IMHO is Lumpy's struggling with a spinning top towards the end of the episode "We're Scrooged!"). Perhaps the sudden nature of the aforementioned experience or that the footage was an IRL thing was responsible for me becoming "grossed out"? I quickly took everything into account and analysed the subject thoroughly, eventually coming to the conclusion that I might be mortally afraid of handicaps in general. Not because I'd be an "Abercrombie snob" who regards people with disabilities as "broken" or, far worse, "vermin", but because I cannot help but imagine being in their shoes in a vivid, realistic manner with all the pain and/or impediment being almost completely life-like. It is like being mortified of becoming a handicap to put it short.

3 hours ago, Cell said:

I quickly took everything into account and analysed the subject thoroughly, eventually coming to the conclusion that I might be mortally afraid of handicaps in general. Not because I'd be an "Abercrombie snob" who regards people with disabilities as "broken" or, far worse, "vermin", but because I cannot help but imagine being in their shoes in a vivid, realistic manner with all the pain and/or impediment being almost completely life-like. It is like being mortified of becoming a handicap to put it short.

Same here. I don't regard people with handicaps as some kind of lower or inferior, imperfect beings, but the thought of becoming handicaped does in fact mortify me, this coming from someone who, over the course of time has unfortunately developed some issues (slight scoliosis for instance), therefore I'm not "100% physically perfect" anyway.

For the first time explain some of the history that has a lot to do with hectic and kaiser, the main ones of my wad

kaiser and hectic to start, are brothers, surprisingly not ?, for their eternal war, but they are brothers

a cherub who, along with a seraph, had 2 children, they are hectic and kaiser, angels who lived well for the first time

Kaiser was always an angel who was passionate about reading, and military strategy, an important thing that would help him to fight against humanity when he became a demon

Hectic was an angel that was calm, he lived happily, although unlike Kaiser, which kaiser was a throne, Hectic was a seraphim, unfortunately everything ended with the first sacred war

Lucifer revealed himself, and became a demon, and that caused him to initiate the first holy war, between demons and angels, so kaiser and hectic fight as well, and they came out well from the first battle, but his father did not

satan and lucifer brutally killed their father, which made Kaiser mentally affected

his mother tried to comfort him but in vain until something worse happened

the second battle started with the demons again trying to attack the heaven but this made him kaiser, fed up and affected ..............

will reveal and become demon

to which when the sacred war ended, hectic promised something to the creator, god, who would go to hell for his brother to change

and well god told him the following promise:

I'll turn you into a demon, and when you come back with a repentant kaiser I'll be an angel again

the promise is not fulfilled but it is still valid

When I was 8 years old, I witnessed my uncle and aunt having sex in the dark. They didn't seem to notice me at all because they thought me and my younger siblings were asleep (We were sleeping in the same room on seperate beds). I managed to see them because there was a nightlight plugged in nearby. My 8 year old self was wondering "Why is she on top of him and why is she bouncing? Are they playing some sort of game?" I stopped thinking about it and continued sleeping anyway after that.

I normally give darker roast coffees a finer grind than lighter roasts. I don't know why. It just seems right to me.

I've been thoroughly engrossed in reading Dracula. Dracula himself is an incredibly compelling and amicable character in the original story. Gothic horror is by far my favourite subgenre of horror. It's so much more atmospheric and intelligent than horror that predictably relies on jump scares and shlocky gore for its thrills. 

I can watch the grossest gorefest horror film (I must admit, I gotta brace myself for the throat excavation scene in Zombi 2 when the worm zombie rises from his grave), but god forbid someone talks about that papercut they got.