Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Share a random fact about yourself

1 hour ago, mistersector said:

I never lie when strangers ask me something personal.

I personally hardly lie at all. I someone asks me something I don't want to answer, I'll just say so.

3 hours ago, mistersector said:

I never lie when strangers ask me something personal.

Ya sort of the same here lol, unless they go for very sensible info.

I think that's primarily because on the internet we're all just a bunch of strangers, so even if you tell people who-knows-what, it's not like it's going to have repercussions in real life, unless you say or do something supremely stupid. 95% of us will never meet in real life.

Of course, if I don't want to answer, I won't.

3 hours ago, mistersector said:

Let's say you did know it. Then what? This is coming from someone who composes music in his sleep.

Nothing, probably. Just something that occured to me while reading interviews and topics. Every time they go into technical details I go "thanks, but I have no idea what you're talking about".

Edited by seed

I don't enjoy Megawads.

Yup. I just made this conclusion today.

They get boring and never have I had the desire to play all 32 maps to the end. I sort of have to force myself. Maybe if most maps were fairly small then I like them.

^ Hm, I don't usually have that problem. There sometimes is less enjoyable stuff so I force myself to finish it, but not because map count overwhelms me.

That said, something I never do is revisiting wads. Everything I've played until now will probably never be replayed, as good or bad it may be. I've seen what it offered once, time to play something else.

These days, I live like nobody cares about me(besides my family and few friends), somewhat it's easier and less painful than used to be. I also reduced my social presence on the net and I'm considering to close skype account entirely too, because I found discord much better place to be. 

48 minutes ago, Misty said:

These days, I live like nobody cares about me(besides my family and few friends), somewhat it's easier and less painful than used to be. I also reduced my social presence on the net and I'm considering to close skype account entirely too, because I found discord much better place to be. 

Discord pretty much assassinated Skype.  I see no reason in using Skype anymore and my account is closed too. But I dont know how living like no one cares about you could be less painful.

Serial Killers (if I'm not mistaking the name, it's been a very long time) was my favorite series on Investigation Discovery.

But I don't think that channel is still available in my region (the website definitely isn't).

On 4/4/2019 at 2:45 AM, Chezza said:

I don't enjoy Megawads.

Yup. I just made this conclusion today.

They get boring and never have I had the desire to play all 32 maps to the end. I sort of have to force myself. Maybe if most maps were fairly small then I like them.

I'm the same way. I usually burn out around MAP20.

I have a weird problem when it comes to playing doom wads. I tend to play a wad upto some levels, then get distracted and start playing another wad.

Currently I am at:

- map 18 of btsx E1

- map 15 of Struggle: Antaresian Legacy

- map 2 of Avactor

- map 6 or 7 of BD64

- e2m7 of base Ganymede (I hope to complete it before being distracted again) 

14 minutes ago, ReaperAA said:

I have a weird problem when it comes to playing doom wads. I tend to play a wad upto some levels, then get distracted and start playing another wad.

Currently I am at:

- map 18 of btsx E1

- map 15 of Struggle: Antaresian Legacy

- map 2 of Avactor

- map 6 or 7 of BD64

- e2m7 of base Ganymede (I hope to complete it before being distracted again) 

My tip: Play one wad at a time. I share the same problem with everything I do, not just Doom wads or games, and if I start a million things at one time nothing ever gets finished.

When I was around 7-8 years old, I used to eat white rice with soy sauce poured to it whenever all the food on the table are vegetables or food I didn't like eating.

I wish Canada had more Red Robin locations. I've always wanted to try them. They've always looked really good to me.

i never knew what any of the sounds in Witchaven were, 'cos i couldnt get the game's sound to work on my computer at the time. so i legit made my own sounds while i played it, like a kid playing with action figures.

For the entire playthrough.

This time last year, I had nearly $4000 in the bank. Now, thanks to trying to help a co-worker out of a messy situation and my own inability to really stop myself from trying to help her, I wound up nearly $20k in debt to friends who tried to help me/her out throughout that. And it's still sort of ongoing nearly a year after it began late last June due to the legal system absolutely failing them.

But I've finally paid off one of them late last month, and I'll get most of the remainder down and dusted once I go back to work next year (I only work ten months of the year due to being part of the school system - so now I'm saving up the money to last me and pay my bills through the summer "dry period"). Two of them hold $12k of the remaining $18k of debt, and everyone involved knew it'd take some time for me to be able to pay them back due to how deeply I dug, but bleh. Pretty much screwed myself on finishing my bachelor's degree or doing major savings again for the next 2-4 years, since out of my paycheck, between covering my share of the bills and paying back my friends about $500 a month, that's basically 75% of what I make (approximately $15k a year). So technically I can do buy stuff, but what'd normally be saving up for a few months is now like 4-6 months - and that's assuming I don't loan it to my co-worker again. If this keeps up past the end of this work year in late June, I'm likely going to be cutting her off period, because I can't take another year of this mess.

Worse is that until my co-worker's situation stabilizes (it's forced her from our job twice thus far), she can't really afford to pay me back. If she could, this would be a lot easier, but it's very hard for her to have a job that's flexible enough to be able to cope with both the situation as well as solve the problems that make her unable to work. If things were normal, our current job is no problem, but the ongoing issues basically mean she's stuck. So paying back my friends is basically 100% out of my paycheck right now, while her balance to me remains within a pretty set range, but has yet to go even semi-permanently down. :/

I’m going to admit I’m making a lot of assumptions while reading between the lines on that post, but are you saying that you are $20k in debt due to trying to help someone and still going? Maybe in a year you’ll stop digging? You can’t help people until you help yourself, taking on debt for someone else is not a great idea. What’s stopping her from taking on this debt directly? You say she’s going to pay you back but then why doesn’t she just go into debt herself rather than using you as the middle man? Like I said I’m making a lot of negative assumptions here that may be out of line, and I don’t want to be argumentative about it, but just at least think about what I’ve said and ask yourself honestly if I’m on to something here about what’s going on, or if it really is a situation where this makes sense and it didn’t come across well out of context.

5 hours ago, insertwackynamehere said:

I’m going to admit I’m making a lot of assumptions while reading between the lines on that post, but are you saying that you are $20k in debt due to trying to help someone and still going? Maybe in a year you’ll stop digging? You can’t help people until you help yourself, taking on debt for someone else is not a great idea. What’s stopping her from taking on this debt directly? You say she’s going to pay you back but then why doesn’t she just go into debt herself rather than using you as the middle man? Like I said I’m making a lot of negative assumptions here that may be out of line, and I don’t want to be argumentative about it, but just at least think about what I’ve said and ask yourself honestly if I’m on to something here about what’s going on, or if it really is a situation where this makes sense and it didn’t come across well out of context.

She did go into debt, to the tune of high five/low six figures. She came to me after about forty or fifty grand on this herself. Burned through her savings, did advances on her life insurance, the works. She's the type of person who hates even asking people for money in the first place.

Tonight I just got news that supposedly their lawyer's supervisor's supervisor will put an end to all this mess soon, and I sure fucking hope it does. She's tired of asking me for money, much as I'm tired of giving it. It's slowed down a lot since its worst months in September/October of last year, but it forced her out of work for a few months, she came back in January, and has been out again since Mid-March, during which time she'd pay me back but be forced to ask for it back when more of a mess came up, and since judges just won't take their word for a damn thing (they consider her an "unreliable witness" due to her living with the person who's having all the troubles - basically insinuating that she will always lie and so they disregard her as a source for an alibi, which is so bullshit I don't even know where to begin), they insist they have to pay or else get clinked, as opposed to the assholes who keep filing false bullshit on them. But without it being settled she can't reliably work due to various circumstances I'd rather not get into on a public post, which in turn is where it puts pressure on me since I'm often their last resort.

In the end I'm a sane adult who will make sure I've covered the costs I need to, but it'd mean cutting them off, and I'd hate feeling miserable over essentially condemning them to a fate that'd make their family literally collapse.

I've warned her that if it doesn't end soon though, I want out of it and will be refusing further requests for money. Eventually there's a point where one reaches their limits when dealing with other people's problems, and for me and her, that point is drawing very close if their lawyer's boss's boss doesn't stop it. It's to the point where I feel like I'd rather deal with the guilt of "abandonment" over putting up with another year of this mess - that's for sure.

And I'm certainly not having another summer ruined over shit like this. It either ends by the time work ends in mid-late June, or I stop giving money - because then I'll be out of work until September, and will literally need my savings I get between now and my last check in mid-July.

Edited by Dark Pulse

I will say this, I don’t have intimate knowledge of the process. But bankruptcy is a thing to prevent this. When a lender lends you money they are balancing risk vs interest (as opposed to a friend lending you money). I’m glad to hear she has lawyers but I hope that bankruptcy is on the table. If a bank or other loan operation lends someone tens or hundreds of thousands they can’t pay back, it’s the lenders problem. They are supposed to balance risk vs reward across the population of borrowers. When it all falls apart, declaring bankruptcy is valid. There is no shame in not paying back an institutional loan that you can’t afford (although it’s far from ideal, I’m not advocating being in this situation just arguing it’s not morally wrong to get out of it with bankruptcy if you truly cannot pay).

As long as she has lawyers they know more than a random non lawyer on the internet, but hopefully all that is on the table.

more importantly I hope it all works out for you though

21 minutes ago, insertwackynamehere said:

I will say this, I don’t have intimate knowledge of the process. But bankruptcy is a thing to prevent this. When a lender lends you money they are balancing risk vs interest (as opposed to a friend lending you money). I’m glad to hear she has lawyers but I hope that bankruptcy is on the table. If a bank or other loan operation lends someone tens or hundreds of thousands they can’t pay back, it’s the lenders problem. They are supposed to balance risk vs reward across the population of borrowers. When it all falls apart, declaring bankruptcy is valid. There is no shame in not paying back an institutional loan that you can’t afford (although it’s far from ideal, I’m not advocating being in this situation just arguing it’s not morally wrong to get out of it with bankruptcy if you truly cannot pay).

As long as she has lawyers they know more than a random non lawyer on the internet, but hopefully all that is on the table.

more importantly I hope it all works out for you though

She can't do bankruptcy, an ex-husband of hers royally fucked her credit, and it's too soon to declare another from that one.

As for me, my loans are through some gracious friends, and I'm doing my best to pay them off as fast as I can. I wish I could do it faster, but I don't make a ton of money, so the $500 a month is about the best I can do while still meeting my bills and leaving me at least a couple hundred a month for myself, and they're all generally very patient and understanding, thankfully. At the rate I work and make money, it will take me about 3 1/2 to 4 years to pay them all off in full. Most of them (by numbers) can be paid off in the next 12-18 months, but two people hold 2/3rds of the debt in monetary value.

It's just problematic because continuing to pitch in on her situation is eating that small source of "extra" money, and I feel myself getting fed up. I know she's fed up too, I'm just desperately hoping that it does get finally put to a stop, because if not, I will have to tell her I can't do it anymore before too much longer, and that will make me feel like total dogshit and like I'd abandoned her in a time of need (stupid Leo tendencies).

I don't like feeling like I abandoned people I trust at all, but I also know I have to be responsible and put myself over her if it comes down to it. Me not doing that is exactly why I'm in this mess in the first place - I desperately fought to keep her working and her family from falling apart.

Yeah nothing you do at this point is going to make you a bad person with regards to handling this situation. If anything, you’ve been too nice. I get what you mean but just know that if anyone tries to make you feel guilty about not furthering your own debt for someone else they are objectively wrong. I do hope it all works out for everyone though.

21 minutes ago, insertwackynamehere said:

Yeah nothing you do at this point is going to make you a bad person with regards to handling this situation. If anything, you’ve been too nice. I get what you mean but just know that if anyone tries to make you feel guilty about not furthering your own debt for someone else they are objectively wrong. I do hope it all works out for everyone though.

She knows and understands. Believe me, she's said again and again her biggest regret from all this is getting me mixed up in it and derailing my life, and I know she wishes she didn't have to ask me for money even now. She likewise understood that if something doesn't change soon, I have to cut her off - just told her tonight that after what I'll be loaning her in the morning, I really only can afford to give her $40 more.

In truth, that's a white lie - I'm not in that dire of financial straits, and my bills for this half of the month are good until my next paycheck - but there is a genuine worry that with her out of work due to this fiasco, that she will prioritize paying me back over covering her own bills (all she gets is her social security check right now with her being out of work), and the higher she owes me on a short-term basis, the more I feel like she might be tempted to rob Peter (her bills) to pay Paul (me).

Hopefully it doesn't come down to this guy being unable to end their mess. If it does, this is probably ending with innocent people being put in jail since I'm one of the very few people they can rely on for a loan in terms of money, and her being royally screwed as a result if I'm forced to shut the valve. -_-

I'm into a lot of really macho shit. Action movies, violent video games, big dogs, fine cigars, good beer...

.....Jem and the Holograms...

Edited by Impie

1 hour ago, Impie said:

I'm into a lot of really macho shit. Action movies, violent video games, big dogs, fine cigars, good beer...

.....Jem and the Holograms...

Another victim of 80's hair bands.

I deleted my Facebook account, and since I was doing that, I decided to do the same with my EA, Epic Games and Ubisoft accounts. The customer support on the latter is shit though, so I don't know if the process is done even though I started it about two weeks ago.

I recently discovered "8D" audio, but everytime I try listening to it, my back feels super-tingly and I can't help but squirm around endlessly to it 😅 Strange sensation, that!

19 minutes ago, Xyzzy01 said:

I recently discovered "8D" audio, but everytime I try listening to it, my back feels super-tingly and I can't help but squirm around endlessly to it 😅 Strange sensation, that!

I love how they're using "Dimension" completely and totally inaccurately there, since when it comes to sound, there's no such thing as a different phase of existence - merely how many speakers are surrounding a listener to reassemble a specific soundscape.

And it sounds basically just like someone had a little too much fun processing an attempt at a binaural recording. Now if you really want something that'll give you the tingles and squirms, listen to one of those. Do it with eyes closed for best results.

11 hours ago, KVELLER said:

I deleted my Facebook account, and since I was doing that, I decided to do the same with my EA, Epic Games and Ubisoft accounts. The customer support on the latter is shit though, so I don't know if the process is done even though I started it about two weeks ago.

Woah there mate, all those accounts? I can see why FB had to go (after all if it wasn't for various pages and bands I'd do the same), but did you have games on the other accounts?

Tbh I think EA's is the worst from what I've seen. There's even been cases of people finding their account deleted without notice and EA acting like it's never existed in the first place, not to mention the support page which is a joke.

6 hours ago, seed said:

Woah there mate, all those accounts? I can see why FB had to go (after all if it wasn't for various pages and bands I'd do the same), but did you have games on the other accounts?

Nah, I didn't have anything worthwile in any of them, just one free game in Origin and UPlay. I deleted my EA account because fuck EA, the Epic one because I didn't like Fortnite and I don't want their spyware on my PC (also fuck Epic, they've descended into a new low), and the Ubisoft account... well, it was doing nothing honestly; I never used it.