Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Share a random fact about yourself

On 3/9/2020 at 5:15 PM, Kepehn said:

P.S. Also, the Emperors of Doomworld are difficult to communicate. Maybe they are important people and cannot be bothered!

I've never once had an issue with getting in contact with admin on this site. And each time I needed to they were quick to respond and quite polite/helpful.

Edit: Sorry for the double post

13 minutes ago, zen4040 said:

I'm a communist

@ketmar

But hey, don't take me wrong, whatever floats your boats guys.

@seed strictly speaking, i am marxist. everything else is just a consequence of that. but meh, wrong topic for this, i guess. ;-)

and to make the post ontopic: i have a light form of acrophobia.

Despite playing them quite often, I actually suck at Touhou and have never 1CCed any of them.  In fact, I've only even cleared two on normal, EoSD and PCB.  I'm OK with this, though.

2 hours ago, ketmar said:

i am marxist

Same.

When I was a child I was intimidated by multiple bubbles morphed into one. Like it's a floating alien or something.

images.jpeg-3.jpg

@ChezzaI tried doing that couple years ago, my record was getting at least 6 soap bubbles merged into one. Maybe I got more, don't remember.

I'm having a bad day today, this counts as a random fact about myself I guess.

Edited by sluggard

Seeing how many games other people played makes me feel all sorts of awkward and disappointed :v .

I've missed so many games that I feel I'll probably never get to check out, since after eventually getting a job priorities will shift, like they always do - and the main goal after that would be leaving this house. That thought already makes me feel fucking old, since I'll be more than certainly in my 30s by the time I'll be able to afford a new place for myself...

I'm a volunteer at some support groups at a gender diversity center. But now all the support groups are being cancelled due to corona until the end of april. Getting worried that something similar is going to happen to the place I'm doing work practice (and only have 7 days left of it).

20 hours ago, ketmar said:

strictly speaking, i am marxist. 

I'm curious as to what your view about the Marxist concept of liberation theology is.

@InDOOMnesia i think we should not hijack this thread with offtopic. people are not for political duscussions here. ;-)

Spoiler

anyway, i am absolutely not interested. anything "based on marxism", or "using parts of marxism" is like "alternative physics based on physics" -- it is done by people who don't understand dialectic matherialism, don't understand marxism, and it won't work. i am not antagonistic (ok, at least not a lot ;-), just not interested at all.

and i believe we'd better create a separate topic for such conversations before moderators kicked our asses for turning this one into political mess. ;-)

I really hate taking public transit, fat people taking up two seats, occasional drug addict freak outs. It doesn't help that the new train system has the worst layout possible, like who though it was a good idea to put a seat facing a wall, wheres my leg room? 

Also another thing I hate is when people sit on the seat closest to the aisle when the one beside them is empty and reserved for their purse/bags etc. Screw those guys. 

Before I entered college back in 2018, I spent most of my time in front of my old laptop, be it working on school chores or playing games. Nowadays, I only use my laptop (which is actually older than my old laptop, I got it from my uncle) whenever I can and/or must.

Best of luck in college @InDOOMnesia ;) .

I know I didn't do a good job at all, and the fact that I'm officially spending an extra year in it is only proof of this. And people still wonder why I hold myself in contempt... totally not because I'm one big underachiever.

I like both anchovies and pineapple on pizza.  In fact, they taste best put together.

Now I wait for the hate...

Just now, STILES said:

I like both anchovies and pineapple on pizza. In fact, they taste best put together.

I never understood why this receives so much hate either, what's wrong with this combination lol.

Just now, seed said:

I never understood why this receives so much hate either, what's wrong with this combination lol.

Not real sure myself, ironically the sweetness of the pineapple balances out the saltiness of the anchovies, and creates a very well balanced pie. 

To anyone else reading, don't knock it til you try it!

I like pineapple or kiwi fruit with chili in pizza. Although in my recent pizzas I haven't used either, except chili has been there. Also made 4 pizzas yesterday. Burned a little bit from the sides, wasn't entirely sure what temperature to use and how long to have them in the oven.

Reading through something just reminded me of something else: People talking about "my future children/family" piss me off to no end, so much so I feel the urge to punch them in the face whenever they spell these words.

I will never understand why it's so hard for some to comprehend that not everyone is interested in having kids. I have never considered this idea even once, and I have no desire to do so at any point, I did not consider it as a kid, and I definitely will NOT do it as an adult - and let's just say some choices I've made pretty much prevent me from getting that close to anyone, period.

Take your concern trolling elsewhere please.

Edited by seed

I learned the other day that Robert the Bruce, the well-known king of Scotland, was my great, great, great, great, great,  great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, grand-uncle.

*waves tiny Scottish flag about*

1 hour ago, Bauul said:

I learned the other day that Robert the Bruce, the well-known king of Scotland, was my great, great, great, great, great,  great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, grand-uncle.

*waves tiny Scottish flag about*

I don't know how accurate this is as it hasn't been verified, but my dad found evidence that my family is related to Robert the Bruce as well.

I thought the further you back in time the more likely it is that your ancestors had some form nobility.

I like books, but reading tires me out a lot, I like Doom, but playing tires me out a lot.

Point is, I get tired of anything quickly, and I can't stay on the same thing for too long.

4 minutes ago, Senor500 said:

I like books, but reading tires me out a lot, I like Doom, but playing tires me out a lot.

Point is, I get tired of anything quickly, and I can't stay on the same thing for too long.

Likewise, but change tiredom to boredom in my case.