Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Share a random fact about yourself

On 6/20/2020 at 10:34 AM, Maximum Matt said:

Inversely, I cannot see Arnie as anything other than Arnie in whatever movie he's in.  He ain't Conan, or the T-800, or Dutch, or Quaid, he's AAAAAAHHHHNIEE!!!!

Reveal hidden contents

Get to da choppa etc...

Random fact.. I have over 400 sci-fi books, but I have read only about half of those. (and the majority of them are still at my old house since I have nowhere to put them in)

I got a severe case of heat exhaustion earlier today out on my bike. The world was spinning around, I had to force myself to walk on two feet back to my apartment with my bike propping me up. Vision went all supercolored, like the world went neon. 0/10 would not recommend.

8 hours ago, Mr. Freeze said:

I got a severe case of heat exhaustion earlier today out on my bike. The world was spinning around, I had to force myself to walk on two feet back to my apartment with my bike propping me up. Vision went all supercolored, like the world went neon. 0/10 would not recommend.

Could somewhat second this. I can't stand heat either, I've been out on a hill today and I'm having a slight headache since I got back. Heat usually makes me just want to lay on on the ground and melt... it kills all my desire to do anything and just makes me move like a zombie while trying to do... anything. Temperatures higher than 26 degrees Celsius are problematic for me.

Another random fact for today, since books have been mentioned above: I am an incredibly slow reader. I have a friend who reads books with hundreds of pages in a day while I struggle to finish them in a week or so. I can only read 50 pages at a time, after that I start losing my focus :(.

Oddly enough, this only happens with "normal" books, this tends not to happen with manga and comics, for some inexplicable reason.

I have terrible Microsoft Office skills, compared to many people I know in my life (especially my family). Can't say I'm proud of that.

36 minutes ago, InDOOMnesia said:

I have terrible Microsoft Office skills, compared to many people I know in my life (especially my family). Can't say I'm proud of that.

My Office skills aren't particularly brilliant either, Excel slaps me over the face sometimes, dunno how. It also doesn't help that I rarely ever use it, unless I just so happen to open an existing Excel table. I think I also forgot how to use Access, I haven't opened it in uh... 4 years?

This leads to yet another random fact: For years I used to constantly pirate Office, but starting with Office 365 this just stopped being viable and I also started feeling like shit for doing it anyway. I've tried some free alternatives first, but honestly they all pale compared to Microsoft's products. But I still haven't paid for it, yet :D . I'm relying on my college license we all got as students.

Also got a student license for office. Don't really need it for anything else than school.

I can do exercise even if it's hot, sure it's better to go out after sunset when the air has cooled. Still suffering from some covid after effects, if I exercise too much, then next day my throat may be a little sore and crash to bed in the early evening, just can't stay awake then. Very annoying.

I don't have a PC nor a phone. Just a PS4 and a Chromebook.

7 hours ago, InDOOMnesia said:

I had Office courses in my formation to become a support technician, I forgot pretty much everything related to Excel since then... I hated it and still do. I would like to believe I was decent in Access, but who the fuck is that? MySQL was better. I was pretty good in Word tho.

2 hours ago, DesecratorJ said:

I had Office courses in my formation to become a support technician, I forgot pretty much everything related to Excel since then... I hated it and still do. I would like to believe I was decent in Access, but who the fuck is that? MySQL was better. I was pretty good in Word tho.

Excel is the bane of my existence I'm a programmer yet I spend more time using Excel than coding and I hate it with a passion.

I am very confused by something.

Would you call 17 a senior?

I think Linguica's got to fix some stuffs.

On 6/27/2020 at 10:57 AM, Mr. Freeze said:

I had experienced this very think a long time ago and it was awfull.

I was on a long bike ride with a lot of other people, but they were very, very sloppy and generally dangerous on how they rode their bike. At one point, the big group in front of me hit the brakes really hard, so I was forced to maneuver out of the road to avoid a big collision, losing my water bottle in the process without me even noticing. When I noticed it, it was too late, but I kept going, despite me getting gradually exhausted.

At some point, I just stopped to take a break out of all this and to catch my breath and it was then that it hit me. At start all I could see was white and could hardly stand. Then it all turned black and purple or something like this, all the while I was conscious and thinking I was gonna die right there. No one actually bothered to look back at me.

I eventually pulled myself together and managed to get some (actually a lot of) water and get home.

One of the worst experinces I ever had. Now I know what vertigo feels like

I've gone through a lot in my life, and I've taken up secular Buddhism. I'm beginning to see things very differently, and I feel much better for it. I could elaborate more if I felt like it, but I just wanted to drop a little note that I'm not the same selfish and spastic jackass I once was.

I went to hospital today and wait 9 hours to see a fucking doctor. I'm tired of having health issues and them being related to all the same thing. This is really not my year, to say the least. (And no it is not related to covid-19).

@DesecratorJ Hope you're alright man. Waiting to see a doctor is a pain in the ass when it takes hours like that.

Speaking of health.

I get hay fever this time of year.  Last week I whipper-snipped the front of my yard between the hedge and the ditch because the grass and weeds were getting tall. It doesn't help that they decided to repave the road here a couple years ago, after it started looking like a paved road in Fallout due to it being neglected for 40 years or something. It was all fucking crumbling and cracked and rocks coming up out of it.. lol. So they also dug the fuck out of the ditches, taking away some of the lawn edge and that made it harder to get a mower through there, so I decided to use the whipper snipper. Then afterwards I had the worse hay fever symptoms that I've had in years. Pollen never bothered me when I was younger but in the last 15-20 years it's been affecting me. Last couple of years  it's been barely noticeable. So a few days ago when I had to trim my hedge and mow the grass I wore a fucking R95 mask and was pollen free with zero symptoms. I probably looked like a weirdo trying to not get covid from a hedge, but It was worth it. haha. Stupid hay fever.

43 minutes ago, Doom_Dude said:

Pollen never bothered me when I was younger but in the last 15-20 years it's been affecting me.

I was the same until this year. Out of nowhere I've been suffering hay fever symptoms pretty intensely out of seemingly nowhere.

And my favorite way to cook a steak is to season it with cinnamon, salt, pan sear it in butter, and grill it for two minutes on each side over an incredibly high flame.

Try it.  You will not regret it.

I'm an avid player of Heroscape and frequent the Heroscapers forum on occasion.

I don't feel comfortable doing doom related stuff such as drawing sprites and textures, or making maps without listening to something in the meantime such as the radio, music, a podcast, a let's play, videos about anime, history, space, biology, etc. I'm much more productive when i don't listen to anything, but i also get bored and sleepy much faster.

21 minutes ago, Solmyr said:

I don't feel comfortable doing doom related stuff such as drawing sprites and textures, or making maps without listening to something in the meantime such as the radio, music, a podcast, a let's play, videos about anime, history, space, biology, etc. I'm much more productive when i don't listen to anything, but i also get bored and sleepy much faster.

Interesting. I have made this conclusion myself lately in regards to work. I want to listen to music to keep my energy up but one way or another it will be distracting. I'm my most productive with no music playing.

I have a small scar on my left palm from when I accidentally stabbed myself in the hand with a pencil as a young lad. It's faded now, but still barely visible if you look hard enough.

I have Tourette's syndrome, which has it's challenges, but it doesn't stop me from doing the things I love to do! It does impact my train of thought so I can easily gloss over details while overthinking others and then I'm left to overthink the overlooked aspect.

On 7/4/2020 at 5:25 AM, Taw Tu'lki said:

I have an art crisis.

Care to explain? Not to sound like a hippie art teacher but maybe you can work through it by talking about it. No pressure

On 7/4/2020 at 9:11 AM, Solmyr said:

I do that too, I map listenining to radio, music, YT videos etc.

Sometimes I go so introspected and anstract with the map that forget that the video ended 1 hour ago and the time ran fast while I was silent in front of the monitor. Not something I'm fond of :/

@nicolas monti At least you pay way more attention to what you are currently working on instead of the background music/radio/youtube video. It's better to lose track of time and finishing your work, than wasting hours to finish anything and barely making some progress.

6 hours ago, Solmyr said:

@nicolas monti At least you pay way more attention to what you are currently working on instead of the background music/radio/youtube video. It's better to lose track of time and finishing your work, than wasting hours to finish anything and barely making some progress.

Well, you're right because that's when I make real progress, when my mind is focused 100% in the map without worries about the outside world, I can even miss the sound of a message on my phone, it's like me map builds itself.

12 hours ago, nicolas monti said:

Sometimes I go so introspected and anstract with the map that forget that the video ended 1 hour ago and the time ran fast while I was silent in front of the monitor.

Something similar happens to me too. Couple years ago I was listening to some Beethoven's symphonies and mapping or doing some other creative process at the same time, don't notice Beethoven changing to Tchaikovsky Swan Lake until it had played at least half way through. This happened several times.

Put an application to change my legal gender on previous friday. This will take about a week and then it's changed. At the same time I also put an application to add a third first name. This will take about 3 to 5 months. Sure, I had to be diagnosed by doctors, a nurse and a psychologist during 2 years to be able to change my legal gender.

Been reading my physiotherapy book for some days now, last night looked up how the entrance exams to schools are, and they're changed not be profession specific anymore. The entrance exams are just general knowledge and the same exam works for any profession and any school. They're the same stuff I've been doing school assignments before summer and at the beginning of the summer. I suppose this is a good thing, so no need to do multiple entrance exams if applying for more than one profession/school.