Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Share a random fact about yourself

12 hours ago, Starduster said:

I can solve a Rubik's cube in 11 to 10 seconds.

Heh, being stuck at 28 seconds (average 5) for way too long. Probably it's not something I could do well, I guess, but it's still pretty fun to play it from time to time.

I recited all 21 PLLs (but only in 1 direction) and like 30+ OLLs. Do know some awkward F2Ps, but that's about it.

49 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

Heh, being stuck at 28 seconds (average 5) for way too long. Probably it's not something I could do well, I guess, but it's still pretty fun to play it from time to time.

I recited all 21 PLLs (but only in 1 direction) and like 30+ OLLs. Do know some awkward F2Ps, but that's about it.

I used to average sub-10 seconds (full OLL, PLL, advanced F2L, white and yellow cross) but decided I should become color neutral, where you can start on any cross color. It put me back a bit but I think I can catch up to that speed again. When did u start?

During the lunar phase of full moon, i get more sensitive.

It start at a low degree, like just having to change the channel when it depict something sad or affecting.

But then its get full force perceiving the subtled changes on the wind, tasteing new flavors on everyday dishes, an incresed eye for details and being able to look farther, and also an over responsive perseption to the mood or the intentions of the people around like one day that i felt danger a few meters away and i told my wife to change directions, a few seconds later the man that was walking on the same direction as us died on a hit and run car accident.

Never know why this happens to me, and i'm quite used to it now, but sometimes it really scares me a lot how i get able to perceive things and then something happens.

When the full moon phase ends, i feel exhausted and tired for a week.

I started making my own perfume and coconut-oil liquid soap last year- they're both pretty easy to do and I haven't looked back since.

A little bit of vodka or grain alcohol, distilled water, a couple drops of a few complimentary essential oils ( and maybe some rosewater,) and presto! Decent perfume.

A slow cooker, some potassium hydroxide, glycerine, coconut oil, distilled water, and a few hours of time, and you've got a few months worth of general purpose castille-like soap.

Edited by Smouths

7 hours ago, Starduster said:

I used to average sub-10 seconds (full OLL, PLL, advanced F2L, white and yellow cross) but decided I should become color neutral, where you can start on any cross color. It put me back a bit but I think I can catch up to that speed again. When did u start?

It's like back in 2008 or 2009. I also admit that I didn't put as much time in it as in Doom/Tetris. I guess if I put as much time as these, I can probably get to 1X seconds. I had a friend who can do 15 seconds (average 5) and he pointed out some of my flaws, especially looking for the F2P pairs really slow and turn and cube a lot. I did learn a bit from him, but it's hard to catch up again without recapping with him. Now I'm getting old and too lazy to change I guess.

I have severe sleeping problems and I haven't even reached my 20s. At first it was insomnia, to the point that my bedtime ended up being 3 or 4 am. Strangely, the time when I feel most tired and sleepy is about 5 to 7 pm.

Lately I've improved a little, but now I have a new problem, interrupted sleep; which means that I have a too ''light sleep''and I wake up very easily. Ironically that produces the contrary effect of insomnia (sleeping too little), instead I sleep too much because I always feel tired. I have also had 4 sleep paralyses. I count them well because each one was a horrible experience.

I never get sick. The first and last time I had the flue or cold I was 8 years old, that was . Never had any shots or been vaccinated for anything.

I remember trying to desperately catch things like Chicken-Pox, Mumps and Measles when I was a kid. So I could get off school with all my friends. I tried everything but it was all in vain, even rubbing arms with infected kids produced no visible effects. I remember eating worms once as a kid, my child self rationalised it by the fact worms live in dirt, so surely I would catch something if I ate them.

Naturally nothing happened, beyond getting a foul taste in my mouth and having nightmares about them living in my stomach.

35 minutes ago, Endless said:

I have severe sleeping problems and I haven't even reached my 20s. At first it was insomnia, to the point that my bedtime ended up being 3 or 4 am. Strangely, the time when I feel most tired and sleepy is about 5 to 7 pm.

Lately I've improved a little, but now I have a new problem, interrupted sleep; which means that I have a too ''light sleep''and I wake up very easily. Ironically that produces the contrary effect of insomnia (sleeping too little), instead I sleep too much because I always feel tired. I have also had 4 sleep paralyses. I count them well because each one was a horrible experience.

I used to suffer from severe insomnia. Staying up for 48-72 hours before I would even get a wink of sleep. I was going through a lot of crap in my life at the time though, so I'm sure that was the main cause. I'm fine these days, I just have trouble staying in a normal routine. 

Either way, I can relate with what you're going through. You could try running, walks or weights. It worked for me. I'm no health nut, but it does tire me out so I can get a decent nights sleep. You're still going to have to tackle the root cause though, likely stress or anxiety/depression.

Then again, I'm not a doctor so take that advice with a pinch of salt.

I've been arrested.

Went through Juvy/Probation/Court, all that. this was a few years ago. Wasn't my proudest moment. I was an angry teenager: said some things that I shouldn't have said. Learned a lot from the experience though. If It didn't happen, I wouldn't have learned the things I did, or gained the sense of awareness I have now. It made me appreciate time on Earth. Appreciate life.  

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together. 

also, Doomworld is the first and only social media platform I use. 

47 minutes ago, LiT_gam3r said:

also, Doomworld is the first and only social media platform I use. 

heh. exactly this.

My reaction time right now averages around 248 ms, although I imagine it would be better if it were right after playing an arena shooter, rather than a different, spicy non-interactive, sort of shooter.

2 hours ago, DarnedEnd57 said:

I live in the part of the world known for beaches, crackheads, and alligators. 

For a second I though you were a fellow Aussie but then I remembered we have beaches, crackheads and crocodiles XD

On 7/25/2020 at 10:33 PM, DarnedEnd57 said:

I live in the part of the world known for beaches, crackheads, and alligators. 

Vermont's not that bad. 

Here is a few random facts about myself! I only like retro FPS's. DOOM, Duke 3d, Wolf 3d, Quake, Chex Quest, and maybe another one I forgot about. Also, I never play online multiplayer games, ever. If I want to play a game with somebody, I invite them over and I hand them a controller. 

12 minutes ago, LiT_gam3r said:

I never play online multiplayer games, ever.

I can somewhat relate with this sentiment. Though I only came to the conclusion that online multiplayer wasn't for me after years of Diablo II, WoW, and the CoD craze. There's something deeply disheartening about seeing an avatar of a stranger playing competitively like their life depends on it, I don't know why, but when people take competitions too seriously, it's not fun anymore. If I had online friends I'm sure I would play some co-op or even pvp, but all my friends are on consoles, or don't play the same games. I'll occasionally boot up Vermintide and play a few rounds online with strangers because I'm a sucker for first person melee combat, but inevitably there's someone in the group either being a dictator or a troll, and that makes me sad. Also 9/10 first person melee games are online multiplayer only, making me more sad.

3 hours ago, Lippeth said:

I don't know why, but when people take competitions too seriously, it's not fun anymore

i think that's exactly because they're not playing for fun anymore. ;-)

+1 to no more multiplayer ever again sentiment.

I used to be hyper competitive and played only MP games in my childhood, almost, but once I grew up and realized how toxic this environment had become, I quite completely, so nowadays I avoid them like plague. My skill ceiling is too low for these games anyway, so it's not fun to be kicked non-stop and get blocked by other users because I don't live up to their fictional standards.

Games are meant to be fun, competitive or not, but when you run only into assholes and people who act like you've just ruined the work of their entire life if they lose is absolutely not fun. Fuck multiplayer, period.

There's also far, far, far too much greed in these games, lootboxes, MTX, etc, and more recently, also ring-0 level anti-cheat measures, yeah sure, that's never touching my hardware, fuck right off. And I'm not having any of that bullshit anymore.

I play 12 instruments (to varying degrees of ability), and marched in a drum and bugle corps despite having a disability.

On 7/23/2020 at 5:40 PM, Starduster said:

I can solve a Rubik's cube in 11 to 10 seconds.

What's your exact PB? My 3x3 PB is 18.68

I fell off a cliff due to my headphones falling off and wrapping themselves around my ankles, unbeknown to me, there was a ledge just below the lip of the cliff which stopped my fall to the bottom. I think I laid there for 20 minutes in shock. 

I also suffer from depression since I was a kid which is fun, and have a un/healthy addiction to tea, weed and retro video games. 

My Mother is the reason for who I am today, and most of my likings and interest.

Metal and Grunge Music (Like Alice in Chains witch turned out to be my favorite band of all time.)

Violent/Horror films (The Shining, Evil Dead, Kill Bill, Alien, etc.)

Learn not to take shit from anyone

And being whatever the kind of person I want to be.

Except for video games and well... DOOM! That was all me.

She alone raised me. Had my Father been throughout most of my life, I would most likely be a very different person.

And I'm happy with the way I turned out.

And I also became a Satanist after growing up in a Christian family/household.

LaVeyan Satanism to be more specific.

Edited by ASON-Z-

42 minutes ago, Swordofdanu said:

I fell off a cliff due to my headphones falling off and wrapping themselves around my ankles, unbeknown to me, there was a ledge just below the lip of the cliff which stopped my fall to the bottom. I think I laid there for 20 minutes in shock. 

I also suffer from depression since I was a kid which is fun, and have a un/healthy addiction to tea, weed and retro video games. 

Very sorry to hear about that man, I have been through that mental state and kicked its ass. 

Hope you're doing much better nowadays.

1 hour ago, ASON-Z- said:

Very sorry to hear about that man, I have been through that mental state and kicked its ass. 

Hope you're doing much better nowadays.

Thanks dude, although it's taken me to some very dark places, I've managed to get it under control and know what triggers can cause it. 

Glad you've got past it too, one of the hardest things is to talk about it  \[T]/

5 hours ago, Swordofdanu said:

Thanks dude, although it's taken me to some very dark places, I've managed to get it under control and know what triggers can cause it. 

Glad you've got past it too, one of the hardest things is to talk about it  \[T]/

Indeed it is, and everyone going through it with various reasons should realize that it can be conquered. Wish the best for ya my guy.

1 hour ago, ASON-Z- said:

Indeed it is, and everyone going through it with various reasons should realize that it can be conquered. Wish the best for ya my guy.

I'm also going through this, so...

1. @Swordofdanu you're not alone

2. @ASON-Z- congrats, I'm proud of you. Also, how'd you do it?

I am, as of now, on vacations for the next 20 some days ^^

I will be camping for the greater part of it so if I don't show up to post random songs, y'all can rest in the knowledge I'm ok and enjoy the nature :D

21 hours ago, Ant1 said:

I'm also going through this, so...

1. @Swordofdanu you're not alone

2. @ASON-Z- congrats, I'm proud of you. Also, how'd you do it?

Various ways I got out of it actually. I had a wonderful psychiatrist who had helped me greatly ever since I was 12. And I decided to become my own master, to not let my emotions get the better of me. Always telling me I was worthless and had no right being in this world. I felt so damn bitter all the time. I said fuck that, and I became free from my own mental torment. After all, we're only human, no one is perfect, and we all can't be the kind of person we hope to be. Just be happy with yourself, accept what you have. And most importantly, accept yourself.

Edited by ASON-Z-