• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Share a random fact about yourself

11 minutes ago, Gustavo6046 said:

image.png.c55af36a9b08e75e46129f7e8faeba4c.png

What are yours?

Are we lost brothers? That's how I use them too!

@Gustavo6046 from left to right:

great!

Holy Shit, that's amazing!

This comment is too old to respond to

Good! or... I'm happy for you!

Megasphere: Megalike it!
Invulnerability: Super Green!
Invisibility: Kinda scary, but like it anyway.
Soulsphere: Like it.

Also my strength levels seem to have returned back to pre-corona levels or above. Improved leg press max to 221kg on monday. Was going to see about some squats today, but the thing was taken, so did leg presses again. Improved clean and press max to 45kg.

I can count to 200.

I remember in Kindergarten, I was one of the cool kids, because I could count to 200. Although, when I got to 97, I'd go, "97, 98, 99, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 110, 111, 112" (technically I would have counted 199 numbers, but I was still pretty cool) I have no idea why I did that, and I also don't know why I thought there were two 200's-900's. Still, I was looked up to, and that was cool. My teacher even let me bring in my own legos! God, Kindergarten was the best!

• I have what i possess Useless Trivia - Whenever there is a quiz i can answer rather obscure questions simply because i remembered it from somewhere i read one day. Its a blessing a curse.
  • Related to that, i can recount several birth and death years of famous people, but not specific dates.
  • Of the past 300 years or so, someone can give me a random year and i can answer with an associated event that happened in that year (And i will not point out the obvious ones)

Woe is me.

30 minutes ago, Redneckerz said:
  •  Useless Trivia

Is not always useless, maybe you have a photomatic memory (which is awesome) 

CWeyzVR.gif

I always use an RPN calculator on my phone.  It's something I've done for years and am just really used to using.  I think I learned to use one as a kid when my mom showed me her old HP-15C.

On 7/27/2020 at 12:47 PM, Ant1 said:

What's your exact PB? My 3x3 PB is 18.68

For some reason I didn't get a notification. Mine is 6.42, second best solve is a 6.66, lol.

I have recently begun my struggle to find a job.

So far, 5/5 rejections... oh yes, this will be fun, I can already feel that. Sigh...

@seed For me 1/8 job applications resulted in an interview (on next thursday). Most places haven't replied anything, some just sent some automated reply about having received the application. There's one place that might eventually give me an interview, but not really counting on it.

17 minutes ago, TwinBeast said:

@seed For me 1/8 job applications resulted in an interview (on next thursday). Most places haven't replied anything, some just sent some automated reply about having received the application. There's one place that might eventually give me an interview, but not really counting on it.

Yeah, same here, out of those 5 some are actually "yet to respond" but considering it's been a few weeks since, no point in considering that as being anything other than "dismissed".

And others explicitly told me they're not hiring. With Corona around I don't think I'll be getting a job anytime soon, since everyone is obsessed with firing these days...

Though many people may think that having a lot of creativity is amazing, I can say from my own experience that it is a double-edged weapon.

Basically, I have the creativity/imagination and ideas to do pretty much anything with some time and inspiration, and while that helps me to make unique or cool things, like stories, characters, worlds, villains, weapons, etc., at the same time it is something I can not stop.

If I listen to a song, say.. "Sakuzyo - Battle Frenzy Dance" or Avatar's "Angi Kai", without even knowing beforehand, I already have an idea for some character or world based around the "classic Japan" or something "related to fire".

The more creativity or the better your imagination is, the worse this can be to the point that you can not enjoy some stuff without having ideas endlessly.

I think my DooM maps (Entering the Impending Chaos, on this case) and Lore (TCTOA) are a good example of this, it is fun except when you can not stop that. (Which lately does not happen always, but still.)

As a second fact, and as you guys may have noticed already from all my posts, I also can not stop writing, as a storywriter I tend to.. well.. write, a lot of textwalls.

I just stop when I feel I am ready.... I think.

8 hours ago, Starduster said:

For some reason I didn't get a notification. Mine is 6.42, second best solve is a 6.66, lol.

LOL

50 hrs/week have become the final nail on the coffin for any of my modding projects, lmoa.

22 hours ago, seed said:

I have recently begun my struggle to find a job. 

Best of luck on that, I've recently found a real nice one by pure chance.

1 hour ago, Vic Vos said:

Best of luck on that, I've recently found a real nice one by pure chance.

Indeed, "best of luck", I know I will never find a job I like since what I'm relatively good at (testing shit) a) doesn't pay well here, and b) way too far away from home and I wouldn't be able to pay up the rent and all taxes either. Also fun fact, rent is an absolute no-go for me, it's either my home or it isn't. Besides, I have zero work experience, and no qualifications.

I'm just looking for a way to survive and make a decent living, I've prepared emotionally for this years ago. "All great things are built upon sorrow."

This memory has been haunting me for the past few weeks now and I think its time I let out because it might make me feel relieved.

4 years ago when I was playing TF2, I spammed the N word for a couple of minutes on a community idle server (Achievement Idle Awesomebox I think?) for shits and giggles. I don't exactly know why I did that but I was 12-13 years old so I was stupid back then.

The Evil Dead 1 Cabin (what's left of it) is located a little less than 4 hours from where I live, and the Evil Dead 2 cabin is located 1-and-a-half hours away from me.

Sometimes when I am working at the computer, my heart rate stays low for long enough that my Garmin watch (fenix) thinks I've fallen asleep for a few hours.

4 hours ago, Grazza said:

Sometimes when I am working at the computer, my heart rate stays low for long enough that my Garmin watch (fenix) thinks I've fallen asleep for a few hours.

I used to get that with my old Fitbit watch! You could clearly tell the difference between when I was having an easy day working or a stressful day based on if it thought I'd fallen asleep.

Was at a job interview. It went pretty bad, also not entirely sure if I even want the job if they were crazy enough to offer me it (I'll know in about 2 weeks, ehh). Been thinking maybe I want to get back to game development seriously, instead of just being a hobby, that I haven't even been able to continue properly during these nurse studies. I'll still complete these studies, hopefully during this month.

18 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

I used to get that with my old Fitbit watch! You could clearly tell the difference between when I was having an easy day working or a stressful day based on if it thought I'd fallen asleep.

Thanks - it's reassuring that other people get this too. At the other end of the scale, did it also spazz out claiming you were "Overreaching" and in "no zone" when the heart rate went high?

On 8/6/2020 at 12:15 PM, Dragonfly said:

My dad (and for unrelated reasons my co-worker) got one recently. The former came to me recently and showed me his sleep rhythm.

Apparently it also registered 30 mins before he actually went to bed as he was watching a movie. Because there was so little movement, the watch thought he was asleep, when in fact, he was not.

Good thing smartwatches are not that smart yet after all.

30 minutes ago, Gustavo6046 said:

>forum

>culture

This ain't no culture. It's just Doom. You sure you aren't lost?

You're saying you don't adhere to the generally accepted rules of forums? The behaviors? The inside crowds? It's a culture in itself, and I hate it. I'm severely antisocial towards that crap... human behavior. *cringes*

Let me say it again in bold-face text: I hate forums and forum culture.

BUT... if it wasn't doomworld, I wouldn't even be here. The wads are worthwhile. Doom is worthwhile. So I deal with it.

Edited by Hellektronic