Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Share a random fact about yourself

9 hours ago, dragon's influence said:

i got a HEAVY obsession for dragons! "and video-games too..."

Oh really? Definitely not expected from someone with dragon's influence as username.

Anyway as a fact I suppose, I hate my job but still carry on it. I guess I enjoy self-torture?

11 hours ago, Hellektronic said:

I hate forums and forum culture.

Would you mind elaborating/explaining why? I'm curious about what exactly bothers you about them.

Edit: Just realized you already gave one reason, but I'm still a little more curious.

Yea, I'm curious about that too, esp since this is several orders of magnitude better than Reddit, Facebook, and other cancerous places of the internet.

13 hours ago, Hellektronic said:

I hate forums and forum culture.

I hate modern internet culture. You know, the culture of hating everything.

1 minute ago, Dragonfly said:

I hate modern internet culture. You know, the culture of hating everything.

I hated everything before it went mainstream.

On 8/7/2020 at 5:47 AM, Grazza said:

Thanks - it's reassuring that other people get this too. At the other end of the scale, did it also spazz out claiming you were "Overreaching" and in "no zone" when the heart rate went high?

Strangely, no. It registered exercise as just that, exercise. That said I don't wear these devices anymore, having something tell you "hey yeah you slept really poorly and didn't work out today" doesn't do good for my mental state haha. It's like, without being told directly that I slept badly I can sometimes fool myself into feeling rested? As for exercise, tell me all you want I didn't do X or Y, I've lost 42lbs in a year so I feel good.

8 minutes ago, seed said:

I hated everything before it went mainstream.

Uh-uh...

1 minute ago, InDOOMnesia said:

Uh-uh...

Nah, I prefer Mental Orgasm (Zyklon-B), or Total Soul Rape (Craft), fits my attitude towards this ball of dirt better :p .

6 hours ago, Alper002 said:

Would you mind elaborating/explaining why? I'm curious about what exactly bothers you about them.

Edit: Just realized you already gave one reason, but I'm still a little more curious.

First off... I'll say I hate internet culture. I don't participate in it, I don't enable it, I don't even acknowledge it's existence. It's generally created by socially-stunted forum urchins and slowly spreads like a cancer.

I've had a lot of bad experiences with game forums, I've also had a lot of bad experiences with stuck up people and cliques. But most of all I think I hate arguing with the one or two like... severely autistic, mentally unstable creeps who use excessive word-choices to try to sound smarter than you like a college professor or something. And before you say it- yes, I am on the autism spectrum too. But these people? They WILL make themselves known, they WILL try to correct you, they WILL try to criticize you. I tear into these people like a snarling wolf-dog, and usually get myself in trouble because they have a following from skulking around the forum so long.

So you might say forums become like... an ecosystem, created by the members. And depending on who those particular members are, what they think is right and wrong, it can become a really grotesque, anarchic cesspool. A culture where disorder becomes normality, and being a creep becomes acceptable.

At the end of the day, I'm truly disgusted by humanity when they congregate in dark corners and shun anybody they don't agree with, or doesn't agree with them. I'm a very free thinking individual, I think disagreements are natural when people have trouble finding common ground. But that doesn't mean everybody dog-pile on the non-believers, ya know? That's tribal and stupid, like animals. People can be better than that if they want to be, but unfortunately about 90% of mankind don't want to be.

I think you should try to hang around different places of the internet then. Sure it has its problems, a lot of them, actually, but not all of it is like that, and I've managed to meet more pleasant and nicer people on the internet than I ever did in real life.

It sounds like you're letting your past experiences get the better of you, trust me I've been there and I definitely know how it is, I have first-hand experience with being abused, mocked, and belittled most of my life and that has left me with deep wounds that will never, ever heal, but it's up to you to decide if you want to stay in the past and dead, or boil in its memory as if it were still alive. Move or, or not, it's your call.

I don't entirely disagree with some of the stuff you say @Hellektronic, but if you despise forums so much, why did you register on the forums here? Genuine question; since these forums are fully viewable without an account after all.

Complaining about forum-goers while posting on a forum is next-level projection. 

18 hours ago, random_soldier1337 said:

*stupid internet bullshit*

I'm not watching that.

19 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

I don't entirely disagree with some of the stuff you say @Hellektronic, but if you despise forums so much, why did you register on the forums here? Genuine question; since these forums are fully viewable without an account after all.

I registered to review good wads and possibly be inspired to play new ones. I dunno, I'm not thrilled to be like the lowest rank on the totem pole either like some noob who just popped outta nowhere, so I post in the forum against my better judgment, mostly in hopes of gaining rank. *shrugs*

I hate a lot of internet things, not limited to furries and anime fans, so don't take it personally. But if you turn out to be somewhat decent human underneath the putrid internet-influenced exterior, I'll give you a chance.

Edited by Hellektronic

6 hours ago, Hellektronic said:

if you turn out to be somewhat decent human underneath the putrid internet-influenced exterior, I'll give you a chance.

"decent human" hah. I'm a putrid pile of flesh like the rest of us. ;)

Remember back when I said that I started feeling very anxious when going on longer trips a while ago?

Did a research this morning and I may suffer from what's called agoraphobia. Why I'm bringing this up now? Guess why, I had two attacks early this morning, coinciding with the day I was supposed to go visit my grandparents. It looks like there definitely is something wrong with me, as it keeps coming back. I figured it was a one-time kind of deal back when it first happened, which was pretty brutal, but now it's returned.

I'll be looking for a psychiatrist or something sometime soon, this shit has started impacting my life and I have to get it fixed before it's too late. It's also making me angry at myself now, since I can't shake off the feeling that it's somehow my fault ;( .

On 8/10/2020 at 4:08 PM, Hellektronic said:

I'm not thrilled to be like the lowest rank on the totem pole either like some noob who just popped outta nowhere, so I post in the forum against my better judgment, mostly in hopes of gaining rank. *shrugs*

It has nothing to do with "rank". A forum is about community. It is only a measure of merit. Doomworld does not give senior members any more features than junior members. Trust me, I used to think something along these lines too. It's actually quite boring being a senior member.

Besides, if you don't need to use the forums, you do not need to care a single smidge about rank at all.

On 8/10/2020 at 4:08 PM, Hellektronic said:

I hate a lot of internet things, not limited to furries and anime fans, [...]

OK, boomer.

But i digress – don't feed the troll.

Edited by Gustavo6046

6 hours ago, Taw Tu'lki said:

I have a crooked back. Mother always says me about it.

Do you have some form of scoliosis?  If you don't and it's just bad posture I *highly* suggest you fix it now before you're paying for medication.

19 hours ago, Gustavo6046 said:

*not even worth quoting*

That conversation has been over for like a week, let it die... filthy parasite.

2 hours ago, Gustavo6046 said:

Thank you for the compliment, it definitely cured my terminal diseases.

You're quite welcome, I realize my comments do have the mystical healing power of an alien messiah or something... so drink them in and be enlightened my child. If this forum stood for anything and people actually got moderated, you would've been banned years ago based purely on how you act towards other members.

I rest my case.

17 minutes ago, Hellektronic said:

If this forum stood for anything and people actually got moderated, you would've been banned years ago based purely on how you act towards other members.

Alright, don't you think you're an asshole at this point?

The joke is actually on you, if moderation really was the way you imagine it to be, rest assured that post of yours about forum culture would've gotten your ass banned instantly since it was one of your very first comments here and thus would've gotten written off as a troll and seen the door.

I'm just saying, don't mistake this for passive-aggressiveness, that's a statement, not an angry sentence.

6 minutes ago, seed said:

Alright, don't you think you're an asshole at this point?

The joke is actually on you, if moderation really was the way you imagine it to be, rest assured that post of yours about forum culture would've gotten your ass banned since it was one of your first comments here and thus would've almost immediately gotten written off as a troll.

I'm just saying, don't mistake this for passive-aggressiveness, that's a statement, not an angry sentence.

No I don't even vaguely feel like an asshole.

If I hate forums that's perfectly fine, I'm entitled to my opinions. Attacking my opinions is where it becomes fucking unacceptable, and it crossed that point a long time ago.

BUT- I will say, before this nonsense escalates any more, I'm going to put a bullet in its head. It's dead. Back to random facts about oneself.

1 minute ago, Hellektronic said:

No I don't even vaguely feel like an asshole.

If I hate forums that's perfectly fine, I'm entitled to my opinions. Attacking my opinions is where it becomes fucking unacceptable, and it crossed that point a long time ago.

Then perhaps you shouldn't post them if you know they're toxic to the environment you yourself has chosen to embrace. It's like going to a concert not for the band, the atmosphere or whatever, but just to tell the band how much you hate them.

You're a huge asshole, and you shouldn't expect people to not challenge your opinions. If you don't want that, then surely you shouldn't bring them up to begin with. Complaining about "but they attacked my opinions" after knowing what kind of opinions you hold is making yourself look like a fool.

1 hour ago, seed said:

Then perhaps you shouldn't post them if you know they're toxic to the environment you yourself has chosen to embrace. It's like going to a concert not for the band, the atmosphere or whatever, but just to tell the band how much you hate them.

You're a huge asshole, and you shouldn't expect people to not challenge your opinions. If you don't want that, then surely you shouldn't bring them up to begin with. Complaining about "but they attacked my opinions" after knowing what kind of opinions you hold is making yourself look like a fool.

I'm actually absurdly nice, I just react very strongly to people who are, indeed, an asshole. And people who get away with being, an asshole. I don't appreciate being called names like "troll" and "ok boomer" just because I happen to have a strong opinion about the internet and the toxicity it produces, especially not in a thread about finding commonalities with others. I figured maybe, just maybe, someone would agree with my cynicism and I'd have a friend out of it all.

You guys can bitch about my unpopular opinion all you want, but I'm not going to respond anymore. It's over, it's done, it's finished.

Edited by Hellektronic

As for random facts? Well... I love old zombie movies. I love them. I've gone through numerous horror movies purely just to find out if they actually have a singular zombie in them. I've seen movies that were never worth watching to begin with just to see like one scene with a zombie in it. In fact I've actually kind of fallen in love with lower budget zombie movies from the 60's-90's, even if they're horrendous, lol.

Any game that plays upon oldschool horror themes? I've probably played it, and if I haven't, I want to.

It's a confusing romance... because as we get into the post-millenium years, the majority of all movies really started to progressively get worse year by year... and by this point even zombies really can't sell me on things. I find The Walking Dead boring, I find World War Z leaves a lot to be desired, I find Zombieland to be like comedy zombiesploitation. And (good) zombie games these days are actually pretty rare, I find... at least for consoles. PC, there's so many it's like fishing in a pond where fish are literally piled so high they're over the surface, hah... it's a lot of gambling, and usually it's pretty disappointing.

I may have sounded rude, and I apologize. I still criticize your opinion and think that it is ignorant, overgeneralizing, and ultimately plain pointless, to view the Internet as one giant pile of rubbish (or nukage, I guess you could say, heh). But I have no concern with what you do or may strongly believe, and have come to realize that from the beginning it was obvious that you don't care enough to learn more about, anyway - I bet you read the headline and instantly go into post-insults-in-article-comments mode.

Thus and for that reason, I digress.

-----

On old-school horror. I think I know what you mean. I'd bet that there are some nice indie games about old-school-ish zombies and such. There is one game called Bytejacker, that Ross from Game Dungeon has covered, if that appeases you (it probably won't). I sadly could not find the video even after searching in his channel for the game's name, for whatever reason, but it is mentioned in follow-up episode #3, and I do recall watching it anyway. Nonetheless, it seemed fun, which is what matters, and it also may or may not fit your criterion, but I'm not sure, so take with a grain of salt.