Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Share a random fact about yourself

Just now, Gustavo6046 said:

I may have sounded rude, and I apologize.

Given how shit their attitude is I wouldn't bother.

1 hour ago, Gustavo6046 said:

I may have sounded rude, and I apologize.

I thank you for that, it actually means more than you might expect. Judging tone on the internet is hard, and I'm sure a lot of things I said probably sounded shittier than intended too. So it's all good, we've buried the hatchet.

1 hour ago, Dragonfly said:

Given how shit their attitude is I wouldn't bother.

I'm a "he", not a "they". I'd be happy to get to know people around here, I just have a generally sarcastic, cynical and shitty attitude about life and humanity period. *shrugs* You can't be angry at me for admitting that, now can you? Hah.

I associate with the type of people who hate everything about society and people... it rubs off after awhile, it's nothing personal. As a loner, I act more aggressively than most ever will when cornered and criticized by superior numbers. I stand my ground. And forums? People love to gang up on people who they don't agree with... and I'm not swayed or intimidated by a fight. I just don't enjoy being put into that situation.

I'm sure you guys get a lot of trolls around here and more or less expect it from most outsiders, but I'm really not one of those people, believe it or not.

Edited by Hellektronic

I dislike metal music. A LOT. I only like a few songs from the original DOOM, but can't stand some of the others. I usually play Bob Dylan, The Grateful Dead, America, The Beatles, or Simon and Garfunkel when playing. All metal music just bugs me. 

My cousin used to be crazy into the music, and I just didn't get it. It sounded like screeches and out of tune guitar solos.

I like to see furry anime like BNA, play boomer FPS and write some reviews in text to post in on social media, having my own colections of Memes in spanish and english, like a lot of newbie content in youtube media, watch mainstream Anime cause it's really cool where everybody just like a show like for Example JoJo and we can talk in forums and social media for like well the duration of the show.

Also, im learning programing and mapping finally after being somewhat stable so that's cool :3

2 hours ago, Hellektronic said:

You can't be angry at me for admitting that, now can you? Hah.

You don't sound too much like one of those try-hards, I'll give you that at least :)

1 hour ago, sluggard said:

You don't sound too much like one of those try-hards, I'll give you that at least :)

I'll take what I can get, hah.

I just get tooth and claw when people start assuming things about me... like that I'm some kind of average, naive and bigoted troll who washed in like trash on the high tide, and that I can't be reasoned with, and that I don't respect people, and that I hate everything, and that I don't care what anyone else thinks. People will have to forgive me here, but that's why I don't like forums and internet culture- it a culture of judge first, ask questions later. Anything you say is wrong if we don't like you. Gang up on the non-believer until he either agrees or gets banned. Fact is, you're probably not going to agree with my personal opinions about the world, as I'm a pretty odd character with pretty odd opinions... but I never asked anyone to agree with me, I was just stating a fact about myself.

And maybe "hate" is an unnecessarily harsh word... but I "dislike" forums and forum culture based on the fact that people really judge the hell out of eachother before they actually try to TALK to eachother... uh... TYPE to eachother, hah.

2 hours ago, LiT_gam3r said:

I dislike metal music. A LOT. I only like a few songs from the original DOOM, but can't stand some of the others. I usually play Bob Dylan, The Grateful Dead, America, The Beatles, or Simon and Garfunkel when playing. All metal music just bugs me. 

My cousin used to be crazy into the music, and I just didn't get it. It sounded like screeches and out of tune guitar solos.

Really? You don't say. You mean you don't even like something in the ballpark of, say... "hard rock" or something like that? Psychedelic rock? C'mon throw me a bone here, you have to have some kind of controversial bone in your body, lol.

Edited by Hellektronic

3 hours ago, LiT_gam3r said:

Metal is fine imo apart from djent. That atrocity needs to be purged from the face of the earth, never to return.

22 minutes ago, franrc124 said:

i hate loud people. like just talk normally idiot, we're not deaf we can hear you well.

Funny you should say that- I once dated a girl who was chronically unable to control the volume of her voice during conversation. She didn't even realize when she was doing it, her voice would get uncomfortably loud in public, people would look over at us like "what the hell?"... I'd try to convey it to her subtly and gently without sounding like an asshole, but I honestly think that's how it came off in the end. *sigh*

You might as well not even get angry at them, they legitimately have no idea when they're doing it... so telling them to try to not do it is a futile exercise. I really wont lie to you, I was genuinely amazed at how someone could lose control over the volume of their voice during conversation so drastically and consistently like that. I actually felt kind of bad for her, everybody thought she was annoying because of it.

3 hours ago, LiT_gam3r said:

If you want to start with metal, I suggest you go with earlier, more listenable bands from the 1970's-1980's like Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, and Saint Vitus.

On 8/15/2020 at 5:43 PM, seed said:

Did a research this morning and I may suffer from what's called agoraphobia.

I'll be looking for a psychiatrist or something sometime soon, this shit has started impacting my life and I have to get it fixed before it's too late. It's also making me angry at myself now, since I can't shake off the feeling that it's somehow my fault ;( .

Best of luck @seed :-)

Don’t stress! It’s not your fault at all and don’t be ashamed to ask a psych for help :-)

I remember telling someone recently to just look at seeing a psych as like learning a skill from a master tradesman. For instance, If you wanna be an awesome builder , then the best way to do that is to get a master builder to teach you :-D

Also don’t worry if the first things they teach you don’t fix you straight off the bat. They are giving you tools so, to expand on my analogy again, think of it as them first providing you with a hammer. If the hammer can’t do the whole job, go back and ask them for a screwdriver, and if that still hasn’t completely finished the job, get a spanner, etc.  :-)

Hope that helps a little! Have my fingers crossed for you and hope to hear you got it all sorted soon :-)

3 hours ago, Firedust said:

Metal is fine imo apart from djent. That atrocity needs to be purged from the face of the earth, never to return.

Also metalcore and deathcore, good grief man... can't see their appeal tbh. The only core stuff I can digest is grindcore.

7 hours ago, Hellektronic said:

I just have a generally sarcastic, cynical and shitty attitude about life and humanity period. *shrugs* You can't be angry at me for admitting that, now can you? Hah.

Well, we got that in common at least, but I prefer being less in-your-face compared to others, unless they piss me off, but I prefer not being too much of a jerk whenever I can :p.

I can't say I entirely disagree with what you said about "internet culture" either, some places of the internet really are just like that, a hopeless cesspit, but you know, registering on a forum and then complaining about how they suck is still silly at best. I hate various places of the internet as well, and I simply don't go there instead, nothing of value was lost.

14 hours ago, Hellektronic said:

As for random facts? Well... I love old zombie movies. I love them. I've gone through numerous horror movies purely just to find out if they actually have a singular zombie in them. I've seen movies that were never worth watching to begin with just to see like one scene with a zombie in it. In fact I've actually kind of fallen in love with lower budget zombie movies from the 60's-90's, even if they're horrendous, lol.

Any game that plays upon oldschool horror themes? I've probably played it, and if I haven't, I want to.

It's a confusing romance... because as we get into the post-millenium years, the majority of all movies really started to progressively get worse year by year... and by this point even zombies really can't sell me on things. I find The Walking Dead boring, I find World War Z leaves a lot to be desired, I find Zombieland to be like comedy zombiesploitation.

Same here, I love classic zombie movies too, like Night of the Living Dead and the first sequel, the only one worth talking about.

I think the problem with the concept of zombies in general is that all life was simply sucked out of it. There's nothing scary, fun, or original anymore, it's all just overdone and lifeless. Kinda relegated to the status of "meme".

They've done everything that could be done with it, and now it's just beating up a dead horse. Vampires and werewolves have kinda fallen in the same category as well.

17 minutes ago, seed said:

Also metalcore and deathcore, good grief man... can't see their appeal tbh. The only core stuff I can digest is grindcore.

Metalcore before 06 was cool. Botch, Dillinger and Converge are amazing. Sumeriancore and rise records stuff, on the other hand... fuck.

Deathcore is totally pointless. All of it. Honestly, there's so much great death metal around, why would anyone listen to breakdown-ladden garbo a la Cleansing by SS or the first JFAC album? Beats me.

7 hours ago, LiT_gam3r said:

I dislike metal music. A LOT. I only like ... The Grateful Dead...

Damn shame bro. There's a real psychedelic death metal explosion happening right now, and it's good. Makes me wanna munch down on 5 grams of mushrooms right at the front of a Blood Incantation concert. Oh wait, no concerts because corona.

18 minutes ago, Firedust said:

Deathcore is totally pointless. All of it. Honestly, there's so much great death metal around, why would anyone listen to breakdown-ladden garbo a la Cleansing by SS or the first JFAC album? Beats me.

The worst part of deathcore is that death metal/hardcore crossover bands like Gatecreeper or hardcore/death metal crossover bands like Jesus Piece do the whole death metal mixed with hardcore punk so much better than deathcore has ever been.

On 8/9/2020 at 3:12 AM, dragon's influence said:

i got a HEAVY obsession for dragons!

Me too! The first Dragon i've ever seen was in early Harry Potter movies!

Thank God that i still have a list of my fav Fantasy creatures.

1 hour ago, FractalBeast said:

The worst part of deathcore is that death metal/hardcore crossover bands like Gatecreeper or hardcore/death metal crossover bands like Jesus Piece do the whole death metal mixed with hardcore punk so much better than deathcore has ever been.

Tbh, Death Metal with Hardcore Punk bands are a bit boring these days.  

But, I still appreciate that they're trying to shape their own form/style of art, It's still Metal related though (:

-

When i was younger, My parents bought me a stupid Spider-Man Cake.

I still like it, Because of nostalgia sake.

I remember that it was my 3rd Birthday, When i was like 5 or 7. Lol.

11 hours ago, Hellektronic said:

I just don't enjoy being put into that situation.

Then why do you place yourself in that situation as your introduction to the community?

Like we get it, you're miserable and hate almost everything, cool, nice edge you got there bro.

45 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

Then why do you place yourself in that situation as your introduction to the community?

Like we get it, you're miserable and hate almost everything, cool, nice edge you got there bro.

I don't recall that as being my introduction to the community. It's just the first one that actually garnered any attention... see, that's not my fault, I'm not a social butterfly. How you chose you recieve my comment is largely beyond my control, because you don't know who I am, how I talk, or the tone my words carry. I tend to exaggerate with words like "hate", and people who know me realize it's not as literal as it seems. Words are complicated. What may seem innocuous to some is offensive to others. *shrugs* A lot of people are put off by how I type and and phrase things too, it's not just you. I'm not going to apologize for it, but I can be pretty coarse with words. I swear a lot casually as well, but it's a direct emulation of how I speak in reality. It shouldn't be mistaken for... uh... "edge". I am pretty damn edgy but that's beside the point, hah.

4 hours ago, seed said:

Well, we got that in common at least, but I prefer being less in-your-face compared to others, unless they piss me off, but I prefer not being too much of a jerk whenever I can :p.

It's hard to explain. I'm very in-your-face about a certain things when it comes to morality, because the current state of humanity pretty much disgusts me on a daily basis. You'll have to forgive me for coming off as bitter, but... well... I pretty much am. When I see people parroting popular internet terms and acting out stale roles like the "troll guy" of the forum, or acting fake, I get pretty nasty. People are better than that, if they want to be. I want people to want to be better than that. The problem is that most people are perfectly complacent being scum and have no desire to improve themselves, or look at their lifestyle introspectively. It's not so much that they make me angry, it's that they just make me sad. Like: is this what we've become? A society where being weird judgmental assholes and elitists is "ok"?

People listen to me and they say "what are you, like a wannabe motivational speaker?". Well...  yeah, kind of. I realize people don't change unless they want to, but I'm not going to sit idly on the sideline hoping people stop being assholes on their own. I tell them they're wrong for it. I shame them for it. If that pisses them off? Well, it got through, didn't it? They're going to sit and contemplate how they were acting, even if they don't want to. And even if people hate me for being the type to piss people off deliberately, I know deep down it's the best thing for them. I'll be that sacrificial lamb if nobody else has the balls to stand up for what's right. Call me self righteous puke scumbag, but ya know what? I'm actually trying to stand for something.

See, ever since I walked into this forum, from day one, I've been arguing with people who attack my opinions just because I put them out there. Am I forcing my ways on anybody? Not really. I'm just stating my opinions, usually without much expectation of it becoming like a multi-day feud over whether Doom II is a fucking expansion or a fully fledged game or something. Just because forums make it outrageously easy to be a critical mook and more or less mock people with quotes, doesn't mean I'm saying something stupid or incorrect. If it's how I feel, arguing with me about isn't going to change my mind. So yes, you might say I'm quick to totally dismiss another's argument in this forum.

I find it strangely difficult to speak quietly in casual conversation. I often just switch back to borderline shouting before I notice it.

To be fair, I also find it strangely difficult to actually use the Translocator like the overpowered weapon everybody suggests it is. Go figure.

3 hours ago, Hellektronic said:

the current state of humanity pretty much disgusts me on a daily basis.

No, it doesn't. Humanity is always gonna be worse than it could be, but it's always better than it was many years ago. For example, COVID is very bad, but the Black Plague was uniquely horrifying. Imagine more than half of all the people in your family, or really more than half of everyone you know, just falling cold dead over reasons your (hypothetical) 14th century peasant mind wouldn't understand. Nobody understood disease back then, and it is very noticeable. They just assigned it to smell or filth, but their lives were riddled with smell and filth anyway, so while that heuristic was fine they never really did that much about it anyway.

Nihilism is stupid; in fact, I'd say it's why people nowadays are so unwilling to change the world. It's saddening that we want to give up, despite all of what we have accomplished, and all the bright prospects. 2020 is not a shitty year, it's only slightly worse than 2019, and trust me, 2019 was not much better. It very much depends on perspective. Whether you talk about things that happen in your neighbourhood or in a global scale, or about a specific area or industry, like games or telecommunications. We can't be sitting ducks. Fuck nihilism.

The problem is that most people are perfectly complacent being scum and have no desire to improve themselves,

What do you consider scum? That is very subjective. For example, I do not consider furries scum like you did in your post. At least not all of them, anyway; the term itself is deceivingly vague and lots of things can fall under the same category. I bet 99% of them don't fall into these stereotypes people like to talk about.

See, ever since I walked into this forum, from day one, I've been arguing with people who attack my opinions just because I put them out there.

No, argumentation is normal and it's an essential part of being a human. We need to have ideas, but we also have to consider those of others. Unfortunately people just always see arguments as a synonymous of animosity and being mad, and that's quite maddening.

Just because forums make it outrageously easy to be a critical mook and more or less mock people with quotes, doesn't mean I'm saying something stupid or incorrect.

If lots of people call you out in a row (which is not the ordinary in forums, at least not in Doomworld), then perhaps it is because you said something stupid and/or incorrect. It does not mean that they think you are stupid, just that one sentence, other than perhaps circumstantial first impressions (which people usually keep for themselves and don't take for granted, anyway).

No one knows everything, so it is important to know how to listen to criticism; you don't even need to consider it, but you need to accept that it's how people see your actions and thoughts and crafts; usually it does not oppose you or your work, but rather the flaws in those. No human or work is ever perfect, but discerning between opposition and criticism is a big step in the right direction. At least don't attack them like it were a threat to your very existence (it isn't).

8 minutes ago, Gustavo6046 said:

Nihilism is stupid; in fact, I'd say it's why people nowadays are so unwilling to change the world.

Eh, hearty disagree.

Fun fact, as a misanthrope with, naturally, nihilistic tendencies (okay, a bit beyond that, maybe :D), I have to say it's actually still very much possible to contribute positively to the world to make it a better place, even if deep inside I know I won't be able to change things much until I die despite my efforts, it's only so much a small man can do.

But making this ball of dirt less miserable benefits everyone in the long term ultimately, or how much of it is still left anyway. Playing double roles is so much fun.

2 hours ago, Gustavo6046 said:

Nihilism is stupid; in fact, I'd say it's why people nowadays are so unwilling to change the world. It's saddening that we want to give up, despite all of what we have accomplished, and all the bright prospects. 2020 is not a shitty year, it's only slightly worse than 2019, and trust me, 2019 was not much better. It very much depends on perspective. Whether you talk about things that happen in your neighbourhood or in a global scale, or about a specific area or industry, like games or telecommunications. We can't be sitting ducks. Fuck nihilism.

I never said I was a nihilist... in actuality, I'm more of the opposite, I think the survival of the human race is more important than anything in my relatively insignificant life. I'm not an anarchist either, I believe in government and order, at any cost... exactly the opposite of the image you seem to have of me.

There's the problem- you're assuming I'm something I'm not. If you think you're above stereotypes you're not, my friend. None of us are. I don't deny that I acknowledge stereotypes occasionally, but it's not to outright call them scum. I don't claim to always say all the right things, either. Humans are emotional creatures, and quite frankly, most emotions are just dumb and reactionary. They're not thinking, they're dumb. That's not to say people are dumb for having emotions, but under the influence of emotion, yes, we are.

And to tell ya the truth, the past couple of days Gustavo? I've felt stressed and unhappy, like I've been arguing my case to a jury or something, like I'm a criminal on trial for having an opinion you happen to not agree with, but I'm unwilling to apologize for. No more mistrials, no more charges, just give me an acquittal already.

2 hours ago, Gustavo6046 said:

No, argumentation is normal and it's an essential part of being a human. We need to have ideas, but we also have to consider those of others. Unfortunately people just always see arguments as a synonymous of animosity and being mad, and that's quite maddening.

It is a synonym of animosity, more or less. What you describe is called discussion. Argument:

ar·gu·ment

/ˈärɡyəmənt/

noun

1. an exchange of diverging or opposite views, typically a heated or angry one.

"I've had an argument with my father"

That's your english lesson for the day... I went to college for writing, lol.

I understand what you're saying, but let's be honest here: I'm dead-tired of bickering over morality. And any appeal of such a discussion was gone about two days ago. Let's just put it to bed, chief.

Oh darn it, I missed the discussion, oh well, since I'm already here I'll share a personal fact.

I can play odds or evens against my reflex and win with odds. True.

I once swore like a sailor at a Church activity.

It was a dodgeball game. I was feeling a little uneasy. I was talking to someone on the sidelines when I turned around and got smacked straight in the face with a ball. I gave a very loud and angry "F---!" right in front of all of my friends and church leaders, including my Bishop. 

Luckily no one was angry. They were actually quite understanding. :D

Less than a 5 minute conversation at a train station:

"Where does the train to K go?"
Over there *points to the right direction*
"What's your name?"
*told my name* (awwgh)
"Where do you live?"
*told where I live* (double awwgh)
"Do you have a boyfriend?"
Yes, I have. (I don't actually)
"Can we be friends? Give me your phone number? I just want to be friends?"
No, I don't want. I have bad experiences on doing that.

Ok, next time some creep comes asking me stuff on the street/etc, I'll talk in a deep male voice and say some male name (if they dare ask my name). Maybe that'll make them back off right away.

Got a 4 out of 5 rating from the 4th and final professional course. If the person who is rating has a positive view on me, they'll rate me better than someone who has a negative view on me. The worst rating/criticism has come from outwardly bitter divorced middle aged women.

Still got some assignments from 4 courses to do, then I'll graduate. Still waiting for an answer about a job at a phoniatry clinic. If I don't get that, then I'll most likely be unemployed, but have plenty of time for game development. Hopefully I don't waste it with being severely depressed.

Through few years I became addicted to the coffee and now, if I don't drink it, my body shuts down and demands rest. 

I have a bachelor's degree in animation and a professional writing diploma, but was not fortunate enough to land any kind of industry experience in either discipline. The only full-time job I've ever had is the freelance work I've been doing now as a video editor for the past year. Thankfully, a lot of the general principles and skills with animation have a lot in common with editing, so my education wasn't a complete was of time.

Not sure if my writing diploma is going to serve me much use down the line, but the constructive criticism skills I got from that can at least help me provide useful feedback for mappers when I play through their WADs here in the Doom community. :^P

10 minutes ago, Biodegradable said:

I have a bachelor's degree in animation and a professional writing diploma, but was not fortunate enough to land any kind of industry experience in either discipline. The only full-time job I've ever had is the freelance work I've been doing now as a video editor for the past year. Thankfully, a lot of the general principles and skills with animation have a lot in common with editing, so my education wasn't a complete was of time.

Not sure if my writing diploma is going to serve me much use down the line, but the constructive criticism skills I got from that can at least help me provide useful feedback for mappers when I play through their WADs here in the Doom community. :^P

Well, thankfully you found something useful where you could apply at least some of your knowledge, I know I've wasted 4+ years with Engineering and a shit ton of money to land exactly nowhere, as I likely won't work in the field.

I'm already unable to find a job, so I'm enjoying unemployment for the time being...

I know that pain all too well, mate. Try not to beat yourself up about it too much, our generation was dealt a really bad hand by having the Global Financial Crisis fuck things up royally before we even finished high school, utterly decimating our prospects for stable employment and even decent housing. I myself was unemployed for 6 years and it damn near almost killed me as I developed depression and had... ideating thoughts. 2015-2017 were especially rough as I went through therapy to conquer it. I've been doing way better now though, I promise.

Plus, right now with the pandemic rendering most people jobless, nobody's going to hang shit on you for it especially now. Just keep your head on straight and do everything you can to stay productive and navigate your life as best you can through these incredibly painful circumstances we continue to find ourselves in. We are doing the best we can with what we've been given. Don't let any asshole tell you otherwise.