Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Share a random fact about yourself

5 hours ago, leejacksonaudio said:

I feel your pain. Before a gastric bypass that damned near killed me, I was 365, standing 5' 9" tall. I'm still 5' 9", thank goodness, but I've survived to make it down to 299. I don't recommend taking my route to get here - I'm on Social Security Disability retirement as a result of what happened to me. It can be done, though. If you get the chance, seek out and find Wes Johnson, the voice actor. He did it, and he might be willing to share how he did.

Lee, THANK you for your advice. I'm honored you would care enough about this humble Doom fan's plight! I assume the best way to get ahold of Wes is via his Twitter, so... while I loathe and shun Twitter nowadays, it looks like it might be time to dust off the account even for a bit. I'll see if I can reach him then!

I've got feet, feet that are used for walking on nails and posting them online, also hands, hands that I use for various things like grabbing, clapping, etc. I have brain, brian use for tincing, I hb ea etesm sbfy I see wutg tgen, I have ears for hearing, nose for smelling that you haven't showered in a while, I have a mouse for tasting how badly the pizza came yesterday, some curious stuff 

My band and I had performed an improvised hard-blues piece we named "While My Guitar Gently Screams".

George Harrison continues to roll in his grave.

I am about to have another surgery, this time an outpatient surgery to correct a hammertoe in the big toe of my left foot. I broke my big toe over ten years ago, and it's developed a deformity slowly ever since. The doctor's going to go in and put in some hardware to correct it. I'm waiting for the scheduler to call with a pre-op appointment, then we'll schedule the surgery.

On 5/25/2021 at 8:12 AM, leejacksonaudio said:

I've survived to make it down to 299

The picture of you and your wife at the Astros game completely belies what you said in your post.

2 minutes ago, leejacksonaudio said:

hammertoe

Not to make light of your plight, but better "hammertoe" than "hammerhead", eh?

But switching to a serious note, I hope all goes well with the toe surgery. It seems like you've seen the inside of a surgery room more than you've seen the inside of Doomworld.

12 minutes ago, ReX said:

The picture of you and your wife at the Astros game completely belies what you said in your post.

Not sure I understand what you mean. I fluctuate right around the 300 pound mark. At the time of writing that post, I was at 299. I might have been at 302 in the Astros game pic.

14 minutes ago, ReX said:

But switching to a serious note, I hope all goes well with the toe surgery. It seems like you've seen the inside of a surgery room more than you've seen the inside of Doomworld.

I've seen my fair share of operating rooms, this is true. Thanks for the kind words.

12 minutes ago, leejacksonaudio said:

Not sure I understand what you mean. I fluctuate right around the 300 pound mark. At the time of writing that post, I was at 299. I might have been at 302 in the Astros game pic.

What I meant was that in the pic at the Astros game you didn't look anywhere near 300 lb (for you Europeans and most of the world that's about 136 kg in metric measure). I just assumed you were around 160 to 180 lb.

Just now, ReX said:

What I meant was that in the pic at the Astros game you didn't look anywhere near 300 lb (that's about 136 kg in metric measure). I just assumed you were around 160 to 180 lb.

My head is like the tip of an iceberg then, I guess. ^_^

I just bought a $13 Samsung tablet from Goodwill and it ended up being about as good as a $13 Samsung tablet from Goodwill sounds

8 hours ago, leejacksonaudio said:

My head is like the tip of an iceberg then, I guess. ^_^

I'm glad to see that your gradual transition into a cybernetic organism hasn't dulled your wit. [:wink:]

On 5/25/2021 at 10:11 AM, Final Verdict said:

I was prepping for surgery to have my left eye removed

Ouch!

On 5/25/2021 at 10:11 AM, Final Verdict said:

I had to wait until February of this year before I could get the surgery... On the bright side things are moving forward.

It sounds like some (hopefully, all) your troubles are behind you. Best wishes.

I'm probably going to kick smoking, my throat has felt terrible all last week.

30 minutes ago, DRM-MAN said:

I'm probably going to kick smoking, my throat has felt terrible all last week.

i think you should kick ass instead of kick smoking but thats just me

Just now, omalefico32x said:

i think you should kick ass instead of kick smoking but thats just me

Who's to say that you can't kick cigarettes' ass?

1 hour ago, Thfpjct said:

If i'm not having fun doing it, i drop it

Sounds ADHD-ish

I love 3DS hacking/homebrew. Being able to play Doom, Quake 1-3 on my 3DS is a dream come true.

i wanted to have grey beard and hair since... my teen years, i guess. still not there, but i'm working on it.

6 hours ago, ReX said:

Ouch!

It sounds like some (hopefully, all) your troubles are behind you. Best wishes.

With any luck yes, but you know life. It always has more to throw at you, often from oblique angles. You pick yourself up and dust off, then adapt and change as needed. That's how the game is played and every one of us is a work in progress.

I have a good sense of humour so I try not to make a big deal about losing it. Besides, I have a spare handy.

In any case, thanks. I appreciate it.

7 hours ago, Paf said:

i like to map

I like to read maps.

Oh, and play maps too. I like playing maps.