Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Share a random fact about yourself

Due to my affinity to insects, the fact I'm left handed and was born on Friday the 17th (which is considered back luck in Italy) a few elderly ladies in my town don't really trust me because they think I may be possessed by the devil, gotta love superstitious people lol

my dominant hand and my dominate foot are on different sides and I wish to be the greatest drummer who ever lived

goddamn you god

So do I.

I sometimes even recall the music I was listening to when we were playing role playing games or when I was reading a book.

I am a female in the Doom community, and my favorite band is The Microphones

I lean involuntarily to the left from the waist up. Doesn't matter what I'm doing - sitting down, standing up, taking a shower, you name it. The doctors don't have a clue as to why yet. They're working on it.

On 1/18/2022 at 1:12 PM, Kokoro Hane said:

On my larger projects, I can usually recall the music I was listening to when I made it.

Yeah, I usually listen to many different things when mapping and I think of various albums when playing the maps now. For Parallel Doomensions it was Hawaii Part 2 by Miracle Musical and Blood on the Tracks by Bob Dylan. For Rhode Less Traveled it was Music from Big Pink by The Band and Animals by Pink Floyd. Ultimate Twango was Cojum Dip's self - titled album and Blonde on Blonde by Bob Dylan, etc. It adds a whole layer of personal meaning to my work for me. It also influences the feel of my maps, especially when picking midis and adjusting atmosphere.

On 1/25/2022 at 11:02 AM, azerty said:

This is my 200th post on DW!

Congrats! This is my 1085th!

On 1/28/2022 at 2:54 PM, Sr_Ludicolo said:

and my favorite band is The Microphones

I'm always up to try new stuff, what kind of music do they play?

As for a random fact about myself, I'm left handed.

28 minutes ago, Dusty_Rhodes said:

I'm always up to try new stuff, what kind of music do they play?

Noise/slacker rock. Their most well-regarded records are The Glow, Pt. 2 and Mount Eerie

The music I listen to has very little in common with the music I write; what I make for Doom projects is typically melody-heavy and fast-paced, typical video game music, and what I listen to is semi-ambient techno with a lot of repeating rhythms.

I can play the viola (violin and string bass as well, but most recently viola) and used to be quite good at it for how little i was allowed to practice it (people at home did not exactly appreciate my playing which I guess is understandable cause this is a small house). Haven't in nearly 4 years though since the beginning of my 2nd year of college, so my skill has probably withered significantly.

Viola is also in the I guess pool of names I might maybe choose instead of this one, like for my actual name, but then I'm like I dunno it's kinda weird cause i played the viola but like also not particularly well and I can't now and if I name myself a noun I gotta be good at the noun that's the rule that's how that works.

Today is my 18th birthday and I feel empty, it feels like every day before it. Nothing special has happened and I'm kind of upset and disappointed, I guess I'm an adult now.

On 2/2/2022 at 4:11 AM, CherryPoptartzzz said:

I eat all cereal without milk, like a giant bag of chips

Yes! It's extra sweet that way! Like, sugary, I don't know the flavour is richer... just mmm <3

That said, cereals (as in breakfast cereal) aren't very common here in Brazil