Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Share a random fact about yourself

This memory has been haunting me for the past few weeks now and I think its time I let out because it might make me feel relieved.

4 years ago when I was playing TF2, I spammed the N word for a couple of minutes on a community idle server (Achievement Idle Awesomebox I think?) for shits and giggles. I don't exactly know why I did that but I was 12-13 years old so I was stupid back then.

Posted (edited)

The Evil Dead 1 Cabin (what's left of it) is located a little less than 4 hours from where I live, and the Evil Dead 2 cabin is located 1-and-a-half hours away from me.

Sometimes when I am working at the computer, my heart rate stays low for long enough that my Garmin watch (fenix) thinks I've fallen asleep for a few hours.

4 hours ago, Grazza said:

Sometimes when I am working at the computer, my heart rate stays low for long enough that my Garmin watch (fenix) thinks I've fallen asleep for a few hours.

I used to get that with my old Fitbit watch! You could clearly tell the difference between when I was having an easy day working or a stressful day based on if it thought I'd fallen asleep.

Was at a job interview. It went pretty bad, also not entirely sure if I even want the job if they were crazy enough to offer me it (I'll know in about 2 weeks, ehh). Been thinking maybe I want to get back to game development seriously, instead of just being a hobby, that I haven't even been able to continue properly during these nurse studies. I'll still complete these studies, hopefully during this month.

18 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

I used to get that with my old Fitbit watch! You could clearly tell the difference between when I was having an easy day working or a stressful day based on if it thought I'd fallen asleep.

Thanks - it's reassuring that other people get this too. At the other end of the scale, did it also spazz out claiming you were "Overreaching" and in "no zone" when the heart rate went high?

On 8/6/2020 at 12:15 PM, Dragonfly said:

My dad (and for unrelated reasons my co-worker) got one recently. The former came to me recently and showed me his sleep rhythm.

Apparently it also registered 30 mins before he actually went to bed as he was watching a movie. Because there was so little movement, the watch thought he was asleep, when in fact, he was not.

Good thing smartwatches are not that smart yet after all.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Gustavo6046 said:

>forum

>culture

This ain't no culture. It's just Doom. You sure you aren't lost?

You're saying you don't adhere to the generally accepted rules of forums? The behaviors? The inside crowds? It's a culture in itself, and I hate it. I'm severely antisocial towards that crap... human behavior. *cringes*

Let me say it again in bold-face text: I hate forums and forum culture.

BUT... if it wasn't doomworld, I wouldn't even be here. The wads are worthwhile. Doom is worthwhile. So I deal with it.

Edited by Hellektronic

9 hours ago, dragon's influence said:

i got a HEAVY obsession for dragons! "and video-games too..."

Oh really? Definitely not expected from someone with dragon's influence as username.

Anyway as a fact I suppose, I hate my job but still carry on it. I guess I enjoy self-torture?

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Hellektronic said:

I hate forums and forum culture.

Would you mind elaborating/explaining why? I'm curious about what exactly bothers you about them.

Edit: Just realized you already gave one reason, but I'm still a little more curious.

Posted (edited)

Yea, I'm curious about that too, esp since this is several orders of magnitude better than Reddit, Facebook, and other cancerous places of the internet.

13 hours ago, Hellektronic said:

I hate forums and forum culture.

I hate modern internet culture. You know, the culture of hating everything.

1 minute ago, Dragonfly said:

I hate modern internet culture. You know, the culture of hating everything.

I hated everything before it went mainstream.

On 8/7/2020 at 5:47 AM, Grazza said:

Thanks - it's reassuring that other people get this too. At the other end of the scale, did it also spazz out claiming you were "Overreaching" and in "no zone" when the heart rate went high?

Strangely, no. It registered exercise as just that, exercise. That said I don't wear these devices anymore, having something tell you "hey yeah you slept really poorly and didn't work out today" doesn't do good for my mental state haha. It's like, without being told directly that I slept badly I can sometimes fool myself into feeling rested? As for exercise, tell me all you want I didn't do X or Y, I've lost 42lbs in a year so I feel good.

1 minute ago, InDOOMnesia said:

Uh-uh...

Nah, I prefer Mental Orgasm (Zyklon-B), or Total Soul Rape (Craft), fits my attitude towards this ball of dirt better :p .

6 hours ago, Alper002 said:

Would you mind elaborating/explaining why? I'm curious about what exactly bothers you about them.

Edit: Just realized you already gave one reason, but I'm still a little more curious.

First off... I'll say I hate internet culture. I don't participate in it, I don't enable it, I don't even acknowledge it's existence. It's generally created by socially-stunted forum urchins and slowly spreads like a cancer.

I've had a lot of bad experiences with game forums, I've also had a lot of bad experiences with stuck up people and cliques. But most of all I think I hate arguing with the one or two like... severely autistic, mentally unstable creeps who use excessive word-choices to try to sound smarter than you like a college professor or something. And before you say it- yes, I am on the autism spectrum too. But these people? They WILL make themselves known, they WILL try to correct you, they WILL try to criticize you. I tear into these people like a snarling wolf-dog, and usually get myself in trouble because they have a following from skulking around the forum so long.

So you might say forums become like... an ecosystem, created by the members. And depending on who those particular members are, what they think is right and wrong, it can become a really grotesque, anarchic cesspool. A culture where disorder becomes normality, and being a creep becomes acceptable.

At the end of the day, I'm truly disgusted by humanity when they congregate in dark corners and shun anybody they don't agree with, or doesn't agree with them. I'm a very free thinking individual, I think disagreements are natural when people have trouble finding common ground. But that doesn't mean everybody dog-pile on the non-believers, ya know? That's tribal and stupid, like animals. People can be better than that if they want to be, but unfortunately about 90% of mankind don't want to be.

I think you should try to hang around different places of the internet then. Sure it has its problems, a lot of them, actually, but not all of it is like that, and I've managed to meet more pleasant and nicer people on the internet than I ever did in real life.

It sounds like you're letting your past experiences get the better of you, trust me I've been there and I definitely know how it is, I have first-hand experience with being abused, mocked, and belittled most of my life and that has left me with deep wounds that will never, ever heal, but it's up to you to decide if you want to stay in the past and dead, or boil in its memory as if it were still alive. Move or, or not, it's your call.

I don't entirely disagree with some of the stuff you say @Hellektronic, but if you despise forums so much, why did you register on the forums here? Genuine question; since these forums are fully viewable without an account after all.

I've never eaten a Cheeto before. I think they're absolutely revolting to even be around.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, random_soldier1337 said:

*stupid internet bullshit*

I'm not watching that.

19 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

I don't entirely disagree with some of the stuff you say @Hellektronic, but if you despise forums so much, why did you register on the forums here? Genuine question; since these forums are fully viewable without an account after all.

I registered to review good wads and possibly be inspired to play new ones. I dunno, I'm not thrilled to be like the lowest rank on the totem pole either like some noob who just popped outta nowhere, so I post in the forum against my better judgment, mostly in hopes of gaining rank. *shrugs*

I hate a lot of internet things, not limited to furries and anime fans, so don't take it personally. But if you turn out to be somewhat decent human underneath the putrid internet-influenced exterior, I'll give you a chance.

Edited by Hellektronic

6 hours ago, Hellektronic said:

if you turn out to be somewhat decent human underneath the putrid internet-influenced exterior, I'll give you a chance.

"decent human" hah. I'm a putrid pile of flesh like the rest of us. ;)

Remember back when I said that I started feeling very anxious when going on longer trips a while ago?

Did a research this morning and I may suffer from what's called agoraphobia. Why I'm bringing this up now? Guess why, I had two attacks early this morning, coinciding with the day I was supposed to go visit my grandparents. It looks like there definitely is something wrong with me, as it keeps coming back. I figured it was a one-time kind of deal back when it first happened, which was pretty brutal, but now it's returned.

I'll be looking for a psychiatrist or something sometime soon, this shit has started impacting my life and I have to get it fixed before it's too late. It's also making me angry at myself now, since I can't shake off the feeling that it's somehow my fault ;( .