Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Share a random fact about yourself

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
On 8/10/2020 at 4:08 PM, Hellektronic said:

I'm not thrilled to be like the lowest rank on the totem pole either like some noob who just popped outta nowhere, so I post in the forum against my better judgment, mostly in hopes of gaining rank. *shrugs*

 

It has nothing to do with "rank". A forum is about community. It is only a measure of merit. Doomworld does not give senior members any more features than junior members. Trust me, I used to think something along these lines too. It's actually quite boring being a senior member.

 

Besides, if you don't need to use the forums, you do not need to care a single smidge about rank at all.

 

On 8/10/2020 at 4:08 PM, Hellektronic said:

I hate a lot of internet things, not limited to furries and anime fans, [...]

 

OK, boomer.

 

But i digress – don't feed the troll.

Edited by Gustavo6046

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Taw Tu'lki said:

I have a crooked back. Mother always says me about it.

Do you have some form of scoliosis?  If you don't and it's just bad posture I *highly* suggest you fix it now before you're paying for medication.

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Gustavo6046 said:

*not even worth quoting*

 

That conversation has been over for like a week, let it die... filthy parasite.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Gustavo6046 said:

Thank you for the compliment, it definitely cured my terminal diseases.

 

You're quite welcome, I realize my comments do have the mystical healing power of an alien messiah or something... so drink them in and be enlightened my child. If this forum stood for anything and people actually got moderated, you would've been banned years ago based purely on how you act towards other members.

 

I rest my case.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Hellektronic said:

If this forum stood for anything and people actually got moderated, you would've been banned years ago based purely on how you act towards other members.

 

Alright, don't you think you're an asshole at this point?

 

The joke is actually on you, if moderation really was the way you imagine it to be, rest assured that post of yours about forum culture would've gotten your ass banned instantly since it was one of your very first comments here and thus would've gotten written off as a troll and seen the door.

 

I'm just saying, don't mistake this for passive-aggressiveness, that's a statement, not an angry sentence.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, seed said:

 

Alright, don't you think you're an asshole at this point?

 

The joke is actually on you, if moderation really was the way you imagine it to be, rest assured that post of yours about forum culture would've gotten your ass banned since it was one of your first comments here and thus would've almost immediately gotten written off as a troll.

 

I'm just saying, don't mistake this for passive-aggressiveness, that's a statement, not an angry sentence.

 

No I don't even vaguely feel like an asshole.

 

If I hate forums that's perfectly fine, I'm entitled to my opinions. Attacking my opinions is where it becomes fucking unacceptable, and it crossed that point a long time ago.

 

BUT- I will say, before this nonsense escalates any more, I'm going to put a bullet in its head. It's dead. Back to random facts about oneself.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Hellektronic said:

No I don't even vaguely feel like an asshole.

 

If I hate forums that's perfectly fine, I'm entitled to my opinions. Attacking my opinions is where it becomes fucking unacceptable, and it crossed that point a long time ago.

 

Then perhaps you shouldn't post them if you know they're toxic to the environment you yourself has chosen to embrace. It's like going to a concert not for the band, the atmosphere or whatever, but just to tell the band how much you hate them.

 

You're a huge asshole, and you shouldn't expect people to not challenge your opinions. If you don't want that, then surely you shouldn't bring them up to begin with. Complaining about "but they attacked my opinions" after knowing what kind of opinions you hold is making yourself look like a fool.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, seed said:

 

Then perhaps you shouldn't post them if you know they're toxic to the environment you yourself has chosen to embrace. It's like going to a concert not for the band, the atmosphere or whatever, but just to tell the band how much you hate them.

 

You're a huge asshole, and you shouldn't expect people to not challenge your opinions. If you don't want that, then surely you shouldn't bring them up to begin with. Complaining about "but they attacked my opinions" after knowing what kind of opinions you hold is making yourself look like a fool.

 

I'm actually absurdly nice, I just react very strongly to people who are, indeed, an asshole. And people who get away with being, an asshole. I don't appreciate being called names like "troll" and "ok boomer" just because I happen to have a strong opinion about the internet and the toxicity it produces, especially not in a thread about finding commonalities with others. I figured maybe, just maybe, someone would agree with my cynicism and I'd have a friend out of it all.

 

You guys can bitch about my unpopular opinion all you want, but I'm not going to respond anymore. It's over, it's done, it's finished.

Edited by Hellektronic

Share this post


Link to post

As for random facts? Well... I love old zombie movies. I love them. I've gone through numerous horror movies purely just to find out if they actually have a singular zombie in them. I've seen movies that were never worth watching to begin with just to see like one scene with a zombie in it. In fact I've actually kind of fallen in love with lower budget zombie movies from the 60's-90's, even if they're horrendous, lol.

 

Any game that plays upon oldschool horror themes? I've probably played it, and if I haven't, I want to.

 

It's a confusing romance... because as we get into the post-millenium years, the majority of all movies really started to progressively get worse year by year... and by this point even zombies really can't sell me on things. I find The Walking Dead boring, I find World War Z leaves a lot to be desired, I find Zombieland to be like comedy zombiesploitation. And (good) zombie games these days are actually pretty rare, I find... at least for consoles. PC, there's so many it's like fishing in a pond where fish are literally piled so high they're over the surface, hah... it's a lot of gambling, and usually it's pretty disappointing.

Share this post


Link to post

I may have sounded rude, and I apologize. I still criticize your opinion and think that it is ignorant, overgeneralizing, and ultimately plain pointless, to view the Internet as one giant pile of rubbish (or nukage, I guess you could say, heh). But I have no concern with what you do or may strongly believe, and have come to realize that from the beginning it was obvious that you don't care enough to learn more about, anyway - I bet you read the headline and instantly go into post-insults-in-article-comments mode.

Thus and for that reason, I digress.

 

-----

 

On old-school horror. I think I know what you mean. I'd bet that there are some nice indie games about old-school-ish zombies and such. There is one game called Bytejacker, that Ross from Game Dungeon has covered, if that appeases you (it probably won't). I sadly could not find the video even after searching in his channel for the game's name, for whatever reason, but it is mentioned in follow-up episode #3, and I do recall watching it anyway. Nonetheless, it seemed fun, which is what matters, and it also may or may not fit your criterion, but I'm not sure, so take with a grain of salt.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Gustavo6046 said:

I may have sounded rude, and I apologize.

 

Given how shit their attitude is I wouldn't bother.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gustavo6046 said:

I may have sounded rude, and I apologize.

 

I thank you for that, it actually means more than you might expect. Judging tone on the internet is hard, and I'm sure a lot of things I said probably sounded shittier than intended too. So it's all good, we've buried the hatchet.

 

1 hour ago, Dragonfly said:

Given how shit their attitude is I wouldn't bother.

 

I'm a "he", not a "they". I'd be happy to get to know people around here, I just have a generally sarcastic, cynical and shitty attitude about life and humanity period. *shrugs* You can't be angry at me for admitting that, now can you? Hah.

 

I associate with the type of people who hate everything about society and people... it rubs off after awhile, it's nothing personal. As a loner, I act more aggressively than most ever will when cornered and criticized by superior numbers. I stand my ground. And forums? People love to gang up on people who they don't agree with... and I'm not swayed or intimidated by a fight. I just don't enjoy being put into that situation.

 

I'm sure you guys get a lot of trolls around here and more or less expect it from most outsiders, but I'm really not one of those people, believe it or not.

Edited by Hellektronic

Share this post


Link to post

I dislike metal music. A LOT. I only like a few songs from the original DOOM, but can't stand some of the others. I usually play Bob Dylan, The Grateful Dead, America, The Beatles, or Simon and Garfunkel when playing. All metal music just bugs me. 

 

My cousin used to be crazy into the music, and I just didn't get it. It sounded like screeches and out of tune guitar solos.

Share this post


Link to post

I like to see furry anime like BNA, play boomer FPS and write some reviews in text to post in on social media, having my own colections of Memes in spanish and english, like a lot of newbie content in youtube media, watch mainstream Anime cause it's really cool where everybody just like a show like for Example JoJo and we can talk in forums and social media for like well the duration of the show.

Also, im learning programing and mapping finally after being somewhat stable so that's cool :3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Hellektronic said:

You can't be angry at me for admitting that, now can you? Hah.

You don't sound too much like one of those try-hards, I'll give you that at least :)

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sluggard said:

You don't sound too much like one of those try-hards, I'll give you that at least :)

 

I'll take what I can get, hah.

 

I just get tooth and claw when people start assuming things about me... like that I'm some kind of average, naive and bigoted troll who washed in like trash on the high tide, and that I can't be reasoned with, and that I don't respect people, and that I hate everything, and that I don't care what anyone else thinks. People will have to forgive me here, but that's why I don't like forums and internet culture- it a culture of judge first, ask questions later. Anything you say is wrong if we don't like you. Gang up on the non-believer until he either agrees or gets banned. Fact is, you're probably not going to agree with my personal opinions about the world, as I'm a pretty odd character with pretty odd opinions... but I never asked anyone to agree with me, I was just stating a fact about myself.

 

And maybe "hate" is an unnecessarily harsh word... but I "dislike" forums and forum culture based on the fact that people really judge the hell out of eachother before they actually try to TALK to eachother... uh... TYPE to eachother, hah.

 

2 hours ago, LiT_gam3r said:

I dislike metal music. A LOT. I only like a few songs from the original DOOM, but can't stand some of the others. I usually play Bob Dylan, The Grateful Dead, America, The Beatles, or Simon and Garfunkel when playing. All metal music just bugs me. 

 

My cousin used to be crazy into the music, and I just didn't get it. It sounded like screeches and out of tune guitar solos.

 

Really? You don't say. You mean you don't even like something in the ballpark of, say... "hard rock" or something like that? Psychedelic rock? C'mon throw me a bone here, you have to have some kind of controversial bone in your body, lol.

Edited by Hellektronic

Share this post


Link to post

i hate loud people. like just talk normally idiot, we're not deaf we can hear you well.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, LiT_gam3r said:

I dislike metal music. A LOT. I only like a few songs from the original DOOM, but can't stand some of the others. I usually play Bob Dylan, The Grateful Dead, America, The Beatles, or Simon and Garfunkel when playing. All metal music just bugs me. 

 

My cousin used to be crazy into the music, and I just didn't get it. It sounded like screeches and out of tune guitar solos.

Metal is fine imo apart from djent. That atrocity needs to be purged from the face of the earth, never to return.

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, franrc124 said:

i hate loud people. like just talk normally idiot, we're not deaf we can hear you well.

 

Funny you should say that- I once dated a girl who was chronically unable to control the volume of her voice during conversation. She didn't even realize when she was doing it, her voice would get uncomfortably loud in public, people would look over at us like "what the hell?"... I'd try to convey it to her subtly and gently without sounding like an asshole, but I honestly think that's how it came off in the end. *sigh*

 

You might as well not even get angry at them, they legitimately have no idea when they're doing it... so telling them to try to not do it is a futile exercise. I really wont lie to you, I was genuinely amazed at how someone could lose control over the volume of their voice during conversation so drastically and consistently like that. I actually felt kind of bad for her, everybody thought she was annoying because of it.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, LiT_gam3r said:

I dislike metal music. A LOT. I only like a few songs from the original DOOM, but can't stand some of the others. I usually play Bob Dylan, The Grateful Dead, America, The Beatles, or Simon and Garfunkel when playing. All metal music just bugs me. 

 

My cousin used to be crazy into the music, and I just didn't get it. It sounded like screeches and out of tune guitar solos.

If you want to start with metal, I suggest you go with earlier, more listenable bands from the 1970's-1980's like Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, and Saint Vitus.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
On 8/15/2020 at 5:43 PM, seed said:

Did a research this morning and I may suffer from what's called agoraphobia.

 

I'll be looking for a psychiatrist or something sometime soon, this shit has started impacting my life and I have to get it fixed before it's too late. It's also making me angry at myself now, since I can't shake off the feeling that it's somehow my fault ;( .

 

Best of luck @seed :-)

 

Don’t stress! It’s not your fault at all and don’t be ashamed to ask a psych for help :-)

 

I remember telling someone recently to just look at seeing a psych as like learning a skill from a master tradesman. For instance, If you wanna be an awesome builder , then the best way to do that is to get a master builder to teach you :-D

 

Also don’t worry if the first things they teach you don’t fix you straight off the bat. They are giving you tools so, to expand on my analogy again, think of it as them first providing you with a hammer. If the hammer can’t do the whole job, go back and ask them for a screwdriver, and if that still hasn’t completely finished the job, get a spanner, etc.  :-)

 

Hope that helps a little! Have my fingers crossed for you and hope to hear you got it all sorted soon :-)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Firedust said:

Metal is fine imo apart from djent. That atrocity needs to be purged from the face of the earth, never to return.

 

Also metalcore and deathcore, good grief man... can't see their appeal tbh. The only core stuff I can digest is grindcore.

 

7 hours ago, Hellektronic said:

I just have a generally sarcastic, cynical and shitty attitude about life and humanity period. *shrugs* You can't be angry at me for admitting that, now can you? Hah.

 

Well, we got that in common at least, but I prefer being less in-your-face compared to others, unless they piss me off, but I prefer not being too much of a jerk whenever I can :p.

 

I can't say I entirely disagree with what you said about "internet culture" either, some places of the internet really are just like that, a hopeless cesspit, but you know, registering on a forum and then complaining about how they suck is still silly at best. I hate various places of the internet as well, and I simply don't go there instead, nothing of value was lost.

 

14 hours ago, Hellektronic said:

As for random facts? Well... I love old zombie movies. I love them. I've gone through numerous horror movies purely just to find out if they actually have a singular zombie in them. I've seen movies that were never worth watching to begin with just to see like one scene with a zombie in it. In fact I've actually kind of fallen in love with lower budget zombie movies from the 60's-90's, even if they're horrendous, lol.

 

Any game that plays upon oldschool horror themes? I've probably played it, and if I haven't, I want to.

 

It's a confusing romance... because as we get into the post-millenium years, the majority of all movies really started to progressively get worse year by year... and by this point even zombies really can't sell me on things. I find The Walking Dead boring, I find World War Z leaves a lot to be desired, I find Zombieland to be like comedy zombiesploitation.

 

Same here, I love classic zombie movies too, like Night of the Living Dead and the first sequel, the only one worth talking about.

 

I think the problem with the concept of zombies in general is that all life was simply sucked out of it. There's nothing scary, fun, or original anymore, it's all just overdone and lifeless. Kinda relegated to the status of "meme".

 

They've done everything that could be done with it, and now it's just beating up a dead horse. Vampires and werewolves have kinda fallen in the same category as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, seed said:

 

Also metalcore and deathcore, good grief man... can't see their appeal tbh. The only core stuff I can digest is grindcore.

Metalcore before 06 was cool. Botch, Dillinger and Converge are amazing. Sumeriancore and rise records stuff, on the other hand... fuck.

 

Deathcore is totally pointless. All of it. Honestly, there's so much great death metal around, why would anyone listen to breakdown-ladden garbo a la Cleansing by SS or the first JFAC album? Beats me.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, LiT_gam3r said:

I dislike metal music. A LOT. I only like ... The Grateful Dead...

Damn shame bro. There's a real psychedelic death metal explosion happening right now, and it's good. Makes me wanna munch down on 5 grams of mushrooms right at the front of a Blood Incantation concert. Oh wait, no concerts because corona.

 

18 minutes ago, Firedust said:

Deathcore is totally pointless. All of it. Honestly, there's so much great death metal around, why would anyone listen to breakdown-ladden garbo a la Cleansing by SS or the first JFAC album? Beats me.

The worst part of deathcore is that death metal/hardcore crossover bands like Gatecreeper or hardcore/death metal crossover bands like Jesus Piece do the whole death metal mixed with hardcore punk so much better than deathcore has ever been.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
On 8/9/2020 at 3:12 AM, dragon's influence said:

i got a HEAVY obsession for dragons!

Me too! The first Dragon i've ever seen was in early Harry Potter movies!

Thank God that i still have a list of my fav Fantasy creatures.

 

1 hour ago, FractalBeast said:

The worst part of deathcore is that death metal/hardcore crossover bands like Gatecreeper or hardcore/death metal crossover bands like Jesus Piece do the whole death metal mixed with hardcore punk so much better than deathcore has ever been.

Tbh, Death Metal with Hardcore Punk bands are a bit boring these days.  

But, I still appreciate that they're trying to shape their own form/style of art, It's still Metal related though (:

-

 

When i was younger, My parents bought me a stupid Spider-Man Cake.

I still like it, Because of nostalgia sake.

 

I remember that it was my 3rd Birthday, When i was like 5 or 7. Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Hellektronic said:

I just don't enjoy being put into that situation.

 

Then why do you place yourself in that situation as your introduction to the community?

 

Like we get it, you're miserable and hate almost everything, cool, nice edge you got there bro.

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

 

Then why do you place yourself in that situation as your introduction to the community?

 

Like we get it, you're miserable and hate almost everything, cool, nice edge you got there bro.

 

I don't recall that as being my introduction to the community. It's just the first one that actually garnered any attention... see, that's not my fault, I'm not a social butterfly. How you chose you recieve my comment is largely beyond my control, because you don't know who I am, how I talk, or the tone my words carry. I tend to exaggerate with words like "hate", and people who know me realize it's not as literal as it seems. Words are complicated. What may seem innocuous to some is offensive to others. *shrugs* A lot of people are put off by how I type and and phrase things too, it's not just you. I'm not going to apologize for it, but I can be pretty coarse with words. I swear a lot casually as well, but it's a direct emulation of how I speak in reality. It shouldn't be mistaken for... uh... "edge". I am pretty damn edgy but that's beside the point, hah.

 

4 hours ago, seed said:

Well, we got that in common at least, but I prefer being less in-your-face compared to others, unless they piss me off, but I prefer not being too much of a jerk whenever I can :p.

 

It's hard to explain. I'm very in-your-face about a certain things when it comes to morality, because the current state of humanity pretty much disgusts me on a daily basis. You'll have to forgive me for coming off as bitter, but... well... I pretty much am. When I see people parroting popular internet terms and acting out stale roles like the "troll guy" of the forum, or acting fake, I get pretty nasty. People are better than that, if they want to be. I want people to want to be better than that. The problem is that most people are perfectly complacent being scum and have no desire to improve themselves, or look at their lifestyle introspectively. It's not so much that they make me angry, it's that they just make me sad. Like: is this what we've become? A society where being weird judgmental assholes and elitists is "ok"?

 

People listen to me and they say "what are you, like a wannabe motivational speaker?". Well...  yeah, kind of. I realize people don't change unless they want to, but I'm not going to sit idly on the sideline hoping people stop being assholes on their own. I tell them they're wrong for it. I shame them for it. If that pisses them off? Well, it got through, didn't it? They're going to sit and contemplate how they were acting, even if they don't want to. And even if people hate me for being the type to piss people off deliberately, I know deep down it's the best thing for them. I'll be that sacrificial lamb if nobody else has the balls to stand up for what's right. Call me self righteous puke scumbag, but ya know what? I'm actually trying to stand for something.

 

See, ever since I walked into this forum, from day one, I've been arguing with people who attack my opinions just because I put them out there. Am I forcing my ways on anybody? Not really. I'm just stating my opinions, usually without much expectation of it becoming like a multi-day feud over whether Doom II is a fucking expansion or a fully fledged game or something. Just because forums make it outrageously easy to be a critical mook and more or less mock people with quotes, doesn't mean I'm saying something stupid or incorrect. If it's how I feel, arguing with me about isn't going to change my mind. So yes, you might say I'm quick to totally dismiss another's argument in this forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

I find it strangely difficult to speak quietly in casual conversation. I often just switch back to borderline shouting before I notice it.

 

To be fair, I also find it strangely difficult to actually use the Translocator like the overpowered weapon everybody suggests it is. Go figure.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Hellektronic said:

the current state of humanity pretty much disgusts me on a daily basis.

 

No, it doesn't. Humanity is always gonna be worse than it could be, but it's always better than it was many years ago. For example, COVID is very bad, but the Black Plague was uniquely horrifying. Imagine more than half of all the people in your family, or really more than half of everyone you know, just falling cold dead over reasons your (hypothetical) 14th century peasant mind wouldn't understand. Nobody understood disease back then, and it is very noticeable. They just assigned it to smell or filth, but their lives were riddled with smell and filth anyway, so while that heuristic was fine they never really did that much about it anyway.

 

Nihilism is stupid; in fact, I'd say it's why people nowadays are so unwilling to change the world. It's saddening that we want to give up, despite all of what we have accomplished, and all the bright prospects. 2020 is not a shitty year, it's only slightly worse than 2019, and trust me, 2019 was not much better. It very much depends on perspective. Whether you talk about things that happen in your neighbourhood or in a global scale, or about a specific area or industry, like games or telecommunications. We can't be sitting ducks. Fuck nihilism.

 

3 hours ago, Hellektronic said:

The problem is that most people are perfectly complacent being scum and have no desire to improve themselves,

 

What do you consider scum? That is very subjective. For example, I do not consider furries scum like you did in your post. At least not all of them, anyway; the term itself is deceivingly vague and lots of things can fall under the same category. I bet 99% of them don't fall into these stereotypes people like to talk about.

 

3 hours ago, Hellektronic said:

See, ever since I walked into this forum, from day one, I've been arguing with people who attack my opinions just because I put them out there.

 

No, argumentation is normal and it's an essential part of being a human. We need to have ideas, but we also have to consider those of others. Unfortunately people just always see arguments as a synonymous of animosity and being mad, and that's quite maddening.

 

3 hours ago, Hellektronic said:

Just because forums make it outrageously easy to be a critical mook and more or less mock people with quotes, doesn't mean I'm saying something stupid or incorrect.

 

If lots of people call you out in a row (which is not the ordinary in forums, at least not in Doomworld), then perhaps it is because you said something stupid and/or incorrect. It does not mean that they think you are stupid, just that one sentence, other than perhaps circumstantial first impressions (which people usually keep for themselves and don't take for granted, anyway).

 

No one knows everything, so it is important to know how to listen to criticism; you don't even need to consider it, but you need to accept that it's how people see your actions and thoughts and crafts; usually it does not oppose you or your work, but rather the flaws in those. No human or work is ever perfect, but discerning between opposition and criticism is a big step in the right direction. At least don't attack them like it were a threat to your very existence (it isn't).

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×