Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Share a random fact about yourself

2 minutes ago, Biodegradable said:

Plus, right now with the pandemic rendering most people jobless, nobody's going to hang shit on you for it especially now.

My man, you must not know what I've been through in 23 years then, I got more shit all those years than some people get in a lifetime. Of course people are giving me shit because it's my fault.

There's a reason I've developed all sorts of complexes and more recently stress disorders after all.

I'm really sorry to hear that, fam. Can't hug you through the screen, so I hope you can at least take some solace in knowing you're not alone in your experiences.

I just went a year without getting a haircut. I still try to move hair out of my face even though none of it is there. LoL

i once sneaked inside the sacristy of Notre Dam and tried to celebrate a satanic ritual, then they found me and i ran away. I was young but i am still proud of it.

9 minutes ago, Zolgia108 said:

i once sneaked inside the sacristy of Notre Dam and tried to celebrate a satanic ritual, then they found me and i ran away. I was young but i am still proud of it.

Man after my own heart!

On 8/22/2020 at 3:46 PM, obake said:

I once swore like a sailor at a Church activity.

It was a dodgeball game. I was feeling a little uneasy. I was talking to someone on the sidelines when I turned around and got smacked straight in the face with a ball. I gave a very loud and angry "F---!" right in front of all of my friends and church leaders, including my Bishop. 

Luckily no one was angry. They were actually quite understanding. :D

this is cool cause i had a similar experience (sorry for the double post i just read this). The different thing is that in Italy we have a different way to "swear", we swear to god, in lots of creative ways that i won't say right now. ut yea so i was playing dodgeball during a trip organized by the church, together with catechists etc. And we (not only me) got banned  because we swore to god, christ and other italian saints during that game! Young and already so fucking smart :)

6 minutes ago, seed said:

Man after my own heart!

that was in fact my primary intention, will share another one tomorrow if you want!

4 hours ago, Biodegradable said:

I'm really sorry to hear that, fam. Can't hug you through the screen, so I hope you can at least take some solace in knowing you're not alone in your experiences.

I have a feeling he's in an entirely different place. It's not depression, although that is often one aspect of it.

The best way to describe it is a room filled with a thousand doors where every door leads back to the same oppressive room. Each door seems to represent false hope and pain, but you open them anyway in a desperate bid to escape this place, only to find yourself back in the same room. This realm is Limbo, except it exists within your own mind. 

It's like a cruel puzzle box of malicious design and you can be trapped there for many years. In reality it is a crucible of reforging, or if you prefer a kind of mental metamorphosis. How you emerge from it, if you ever do, is entirely down to what angle you view it from. 

If he really is 23 then it's strange that he's going through this so early in life, or indeed at all. Most of us never visit that place in our lifetimes because we live in an easier age. I can only imagine that he's had a harsh 23 years, that's the only thing that would account for it at his age.

Either way, I really don't think it relates to the current crises. Then again, I'm not a psychiatrist so what do I know? I could be well off the mark, but I highly doubt it.

1 hour ago, Final Verdict said:

I have a feeling he's in an entirely different place. It's not depression, although that is often one aspect of it.

The best way to describe it is a room filled with a thousand doors where every door leads back to the same oppressive room. Each door seems to represent false hope and pain, but you open them anyway in a desperate bid to escape this place, only to find yourself back in the same room. This realm is Limbo, except it exists within your own mind. 

It's like a cruel puzzle box of malicious design and you can be trapped there for many years. In reality it is a crucible of reforging, or if you prefer a kind of mental metamorphosis. How you emerge from it, if you ever do, is entirely down to what angle you view it from. 

If he really is 23 then it's strange that he's going through this so early in life, or indeed at all. Most of us never visit that place in our lifetimes because we live in an easier age. I can only imagine that he's had a harsh 23 years, that's the only thing that would account for it at his age.

Either way, I really don't think it relates to the current crises. Then again, I'm not a psychiatrist so what do I know? I could be well off the mark, but I highly doubt it.

You're actually not far off the mark at all, especially for someone who'll never meet me in person. Not sure about the "if he really is X yrs old" part however, reminds me of those 12yrs old who pretend to be 18+ just to look 10% cooler and boost their trust factor, somehow. And I don't like that.

But yea, that's kind of how my situation is, it sure feels like I have many doors ooen yet they all lead to the same room, or a variation of it, not that awful as I tend to make it sometimes - like it or not, some things definitely did improve, but plenty of damage was done anyway -, but it's not great either, it all just looks like a pit in a way, not deep enough to easily drown if it rains, but just enough to not be able to climb out of it either.

It's strange, never understood why I'm succumbing into more shit in spite of my best efforts sometimes. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

But definitely damned :p.

So I just clarified what nihilism is through a Google search, since I’ve heard it thrown around a lot these days: “the rejection of all religious and moral principles, in the belief that life is meaningless.”

I’m kind of torn. I reject the idea that any one religion/cult/whatever knows any more about the origins of life/the universe than any other, and it’s on that basis that I reject religion in general - I gotta take claims on faith and claim that I know better than the rest of the world who hold contradictory theories while doing so. To do any of those things I’d have to be knowingly dishonest with myself on a deep level, which I simply cannot do. Thus my irreligiousity. (Plus I’ve seen a lot of religious people do awful stuff in the name of religion, but I’ve also seen religious people do incredible things in the name of religion, so I don’t weight those aspects very heavily in the decision making process)

As far as rejection of moral principles and the belief that life is meaningless.. I’m also confused. Morality is subjective, which is to say, every culture/town/individual person has their own unique moral compass, and no two are the same (hence literally every argument/fight/war/etc that’s ever happened). So I reject the claim that it’s somehow objective, as there is zero evidence for that claim, but that doesn’t mean the entire concept of moral principles is somehow “fake”. It’s all subjective, but it’s very real nonetheless.

I run into a similar problem with the final part of that definition. Meaningless according to who? If I enjoy making Doom maps and literally nothing else, that is still one way in which I‘ve decided my life has some meaning, yes? I don’t even fully understand the sentiment. Meaningless according to just me? Just in my opinion? If that’s the case then no, I don’t find life to be meaningless, I simply derive my own meaning - that doesn’t mean it “doesn’t exist”.

Forgive me, I know this isn’t a fact about myself, but it’s more like trying to figure out a fact about myself (just a meaningless label in this case, essentially, but still..) I also found the chat about it earlier to be quite interesting.

1 hour ago, seed said:

You're actually not far off the mark at all, especially for someone who'll never meet me in person. Not sure about the "if he really is X yrs old" part however, reminds me of those 12yrs old who pretend to be 18+ just to look 10% cooler and boost their trust factor, somehow. And I don't like that.

Heh, I suppose I never viewed it that way when I was typing it. You're right of course, it does come across as a little patronising and pompous, which was not the intention. What I meant is that in general people find themselves in that place, if at all, when they're older. I don't mean old age. Generally anywhere between the ages of 28-40, but it varies depending on the person and what they go through. 

It can happen much sooner if their life is on the harder side, or most of the people they have met in life treated them harshly. It's not a mid-life crises, both of us have a ways to go before we reach that point. I'm not that much older that I get to lord it over you, I would need an additional 20-30 years over you for that. Even then, it's not my style even if it may seem that way.

1 hour ago, seed said:

But yea, that's kind of how my situation is, it sure feels like I have many doors ooen yet they all lead to the same room, or a variation of it, not that awful as I tend to make it sometimes - like it or not, some things definitely did improve, but plenty of damage was done anyway -, but it's not great either, it all just looks like a pit in a way, not deep enough to easily drown if it rains, but just enough to not be able to climb out of it either.

Then you're in the pit of depression. Not the kind of place I was talking about, which is far worse, but similar and also oppressive.

On the plus side someone can throw a rope down for you, but you'll still need to climb out by yourself. Just remember it's not as low as you can go. There is another one below it. That was the place I was referring too. It's a state of mind you become trapped in and it is a cruel place to endure. It's also where I thought you were which is why I took notice.

Thankfully that is not the case, although in no way does that diminish what you're going through.

1 hour ago, seed said:

It's strange, never understood why I'm succumbing into more shit in spite of my best efforts sometimes. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I can relate. Sometimes you climb out and, even knowing what lies down there, you skirt the edge and fall back in. To get clear of that slippery slope you have to change your mindset, but it's easier said than done.

Depression can have a knock on effect and lead to other issues, being anti-social or suffering anxiety around other people. It's like the fight or slight switch gets broken and you see threats where there are none. But you probably know all that and I have ranted long enough. That and I'm starting to sound like some guru wannabe with a holier than thou attitude.

However, I want to help in some way so I'll leave you with this: view it as a test or a challenge to be conquered. The hard part is believing it. Most of the time it simply comes down to what angle you view it from. Like any test or challenge it has rewards, although we don't always see it for what it is until we climb out.

It's a good mindset to combat this, try to adopt it. It will help you get through it. Or you can disregard all that and find your own way forward, whatever gets you out of there. Different approach, same result.

Anyway I tend to ramble on but I think you'll conquer it, though it may return as it often does. If it does then you will be better equipped to tackle it the next time. It seems to be the natural cycle of it, but as I said before, I'm not a qualified psychiatrist or counsellor. I'm just trying to help in my own eccentric way.

There may also be others on here that can provide better advice.

Random fact about me is I have alopecia areata that I’d say is about 98% complete hair loss (all over) currently, so it appears 100% when I shave (which I shave every morning and every night to keep it constantly clean shaven, but I only have to worry about my face and scalp). Just a few years ago I had he-man length hair. Now I have an Agent 47 look going on. I can’t say I have much to complain about though. I honestly enjoy this change I’ve had for the past couple years now. I didn’t respond to any of the treatments and decided to just live with it, and I feel I’ve made the best choice. 

my only advice is if any of you start to lose your hair one way or another, male or female, young or old... get over it if treatment does nothing or you chose to avoid treatment entirely. Make the best of the situation. It’s just hair, not something that you’ll die without. If hiding it makes you feel better that’s one thing, but don’t worry about what other people think about how you look because that gets you NOWHERE. In other words don’t hide it to please someone else. 

Edited by Gerolf

They say I'm 17, but everybody knows it's written "almost 18". It's the unwritten rules, kinda like only pissing on every odd urinal.

One has to wonder if the even urinals are reserved for contortionist women. Then they regret wondering... I digress.

7 hours ago, Final Verdict said:

<quote>

No problem, I get the intention, the way you phrased it initially had some bizarre undertones, that's all.

I don't think it's quite the pit of depression insofar as I don't even feel depressed at all usually, nor have I adopted self-defeatist worldviews. It's more like a long, numb state of hopelessness, it could be much better, but it could also be much, much worse, as it is, it "exists". I'll get out of this one day, eventually, or at least I certainly hope so, and if not, well I guess I tried haha.

I made doom levels in edmap in msdos from 96 to 99 on an old 80386 running msdos 6.22....

Then I did not make a single doom level until 2019, first in doom builder 2, then gzdoom builder, then ultimate doom builder and then back to gzdoom builder (ultimate still feels less stable)

But for some reason the game pulled me back in :D

Edited by CBM

I originally got DOOM because I thought my friends played it. It turned out none of them knew what it was, but it was totally worth it.

i found yet another way to waste my precious free time by writing x86 assembler. not "in assembler", but the assembler itself. in Forth. which i wrote from scratch too.

I really love voice acting, and enjoy directing a talented team in my visual novel and RPG Maker projects. My goal is to one day, when my brother gets skillful enough in GZDOOM Builder, we shall make a TC and it will have voice acted cutscenes! (As making a TC will be the closest I can get to making an FPS haha). 

1 hour ago, HitBoi64 said:

Stupid Fact: I've been Editing my DW Profile Picture for a One Goddamn Hour,

Just because of these Black bars, And they're awkwardly annoying to me.

The worst fact is that one is BIGGER than the other one.

14 hours ago, Kokoro Hane said:

I really love voice acting, and enjoy directing a talented team in my visual novel and RPG Maker projects. My goal is to one day, when my brother gets skillful enough in GZDOOM Builder, we shall make a TC and it will have voice acted cutscenes! (As making a TC will be the closest I can get to making an FPS haha). 

Is that why your pfp has a tape across its mouth? :P

...Just kidding, my bad, just kidding.

Nonetheless, that actually sounds quite interesting, and pretty nice noentheless! I wish you best of luck reaching your goals :)

9 hours ago, Donutwiththemayo said:

Stupid fact-
I have been playing doom since I was 4 since I have no friends

Pffff! I have been playing classic Unreal Tournament since before I entered school (I was born in 2003). That did not at all tamper my social enterprises. Maybe it did make my childhood a tad more hyperactive, although I bet it'd be the same with Doom anyways.

2 minutes ago, Gustavo6046 said:

(I was born in 2003).

You... what?

What?!

13 minutes ago, Gustavo6046 said:

I was born in 2003

is your father John Mayer? 

No, but his name starts with J too.

And he's not the king of mayos. Why would you think that.