Share a random fact about yourself

Lately my sleep schedule has been extremely irregular and kind of random. I have an alarm clock set to go off at 5:50 in the morning, but I usually end up hitting the snooze button until closer to 8:00. Ironically I seem to find that two hours of repeatedly hitting the snooze button every 5 minutes more restful than the 5-8 hours of sleep I should have had that night. If that makes no sense to you, don't worry, it makes no sense to me either.

7 hours ago, Agent6 said:

But I don't even need to get used to a schedule most of the time. I'm just like "Mmm... when do I need to wake up tomorrow... 9am? Very well." and I just do it, although I tend to wake up 1 hour earlier or so than planned if I'm not sticking to one at that time.

Same here. It's interesting the body can do that. It shouldn't be designed to understand what 6:00am is just because consciously we deemed it. I never need an alarm but I do always set it.

Admittedly coming back to work from holidays has messed with my bodyclock's consistency.

1 person likes this

I also noticed that I can sometimes wake-up just before the time i'm supposed to, but I'm still using an alarm for security purpose, I mean, to be free of stress on that case.

4 hours ago, Skeletonpatch said:

Lately my sleep schedule has been extremely irregular and kind of random. I have an alarm clock set to go off at 5:50 in the morning, but I usually end up hitting the snooze button until closer to 8:00. Ironically I seem to find that two hours of repeatedly hitting the snooze button every 5 minutes more restful than the 5-8 hours of sleep I should have had that night. If that makes no sense to you, don't worry, it makes no sense to me either.

When I was in college and working full time, I was up for 40-48 hours twice a week for a couple semesters. My form of rest was not too far unlike what you describe. I would sit and focus on breathing, then clearing my mind and relaxing my entire body. After that, I would let myself get as close to sleep as possible while keeping my eyes open (mostly because I knew better than to trust myself sleeping in between classes or work; no amount of alarms would ever exist to me, heh). The result was that I would dream while awake and somehow in the process actually feel more rested than if I had taken the risk of trying a power nap. Weird times, but what you said reminded me of that, so I can relate to what you mean.

If I stay up for long periods of time, I'll sleep 5-6 hours and wake up feeling completely rested and be unable to sleep any longer. I heard somewhere that it's actually dangerous and you are not "rested" as you should be. If I stay up "normal" amounts of hours and go to bed, I usually sleep in. So... yeah idk.

Also, it is impossible for me to sleep on my back. I simply can't do it. No matter how tired I am it keeps me up.

2 hours ago, CARRiON said:

Also, it is impossible for me to sleep on my back. I simply can't do it. No matter how tired I am it keeps me up.

This.

I've never, not once, been able to sleep on my back, it keeps me up as well and it's just not comfortable. I can't sleep well enough without a pillow either.

- I survived the Tide Pod challenge.

- I once punched a lion in the throat, because I said I would.

- Dangerous situations seem sexually attracted to me.

- I hold the world record for most failed bungee jumps.

- I am the reason why your mom and dad question marriage.

- Mariah Carey got so choked up thinking about me she had to walk off stage.

- I have done doughnuts on the busiest tollway in America.

Edited by geo