Share a random fact about yourself

dew said:

This is one of the weirdest, most uncomfortable things I've read on this forum. And I've read your report on cooking yourself alive.

I use a paper clip to clean between my teeth - First bending it into a straight piece then slowly pushing it in. Tooth after tooth. Sometimes the clip will snag and when it is wet with saliva I'll have to use both my hands to pull it out. The crunching noises -- from the tartar, makes it all worth it plus I look like a vampire afterwards -- which is cool. It is basically a sea of tartar sauce in my mouth.

Share this post


Link to post

I am interested by the number of people who like to pick their teeth. Is this an after-meal type of thing that people use a toothpick for? Or is it also amusing to pick at the teeth for no particular reason? I mean, brushing teeth 3 times a day is also an option.

One of the most floss-worthy foods I've ever are mangoes, consumed raw.

Share this post


Link to post

I get really annoyed when I hear people say things like "af" and "fam" in real life. There is absolutely no reason to say these things in a conversation unless you're an insecure millennial.

Share this post


Link to post
Averagewalrus24 said:

Another fact about me, I'll never drink a diet soda, even if somebody was paying me to.


You're literally like my mom, in this one.

As far as I concern: I don't care about it.

Doominator2 said:

I get really annoyed when I hear people say things like "af" and "fam" in real life. There is absolutely no reason to say these things in a conversation unless you're an insecure millennial.


Oh come on, what's the hatred about millenials? I mean, sure, I agree about "af" but "fam" sounds quite badass.

Share this post


Link to post
Doominator2 said:

I get really annoyed when I hear people say things like "af" and "fam" in real life. There is absolutely no reason to say these things in a conversation unless you're an insecure millennial.


100% agree. It's like the previous phase of people who say 'lol', rather than, you know, laugh. If it wasn't actually funny, don't react.

On that topic, I seriously dislike words that have come about or been popularized thanks to the current teen generation. Selfie, Twerking, Fleek, "That shit's fire af yo"... Hell even the term Millennial is somehow irritating.

The problem is that most of these words initially are used 'ironically', like white people saying 'fam', but then the aforementioned 'irony' somehow fades and it becomes a normal part of their vocabulary.




So to keep the thread from derailing, a random fact about myself:

I suffer from podophobia, that is, fear of feet. It interferes with my daily life and while I am much better about it than I used to be, I still struggle. Basic stuff like putting on socks / shoes is stressful and unpleasant. It even has a negative impact on my relationship!

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Dragonfly said:

I suffer from podophobia, that is, fear of feet. It interferes with my daily life and while I am much better about it than I used to be, I still struggle. Basic stuff like putting on socks / shoes is stressful and unpleasant. It even has a negative impact on my relationship!


That's crazy! I always have to have socks on, never really understood why. I actually put on a fresh pair to sleep in. Other people's feet don't bother me or anything, I just always have to have socks on or I feel friggin weird.

Back on topic, random fact: I'm a musician, love metal and classic rock, and I'm pretty good too. I mostly play the drums. I live in a small ass town in NE Texas, so if anyone is actually a musician around here, they like generic stadium country. When I was in the military, finding someone to jam with was easy as hell. If any of you play music, you'll know what I mean when I say I don't want to play the same 4 bars over and over for commercial appeal. Otherwise, all of my friends are either too busy or don't have the drive to pick up an instrument. So, if I want to jam, it's either my dad (he's pretty old-school, too) when he visits, or my headphones. Oh well, beats living in the city.

Share this post


Link to post
Dragonfly said:

I suffer from podophobia, that is, fear of feet. It interferes with my daily life and while I am much better about it than I used to be, I still struggle. Basic stuff like putting on socks / shoes is stressful and unpleasant. It even has a negative impact on my relationship!


T R I G G E R E D

             _       _
 _  _  _  _ |O|     |O| _  _  _  _
|o||o||o||o|| |     | ||o||o||o||o|
| || || || || |     | || || || || |
| || || || || |     | || || || || |
| || || || || |     | || || || || |
'''''''''''''''     '''''''''''''''
|             |     |             |
|             |     |             |
|             |     |             |
|             |     |             |
|             |     |             |
|             |     |             |
|             |     |             |
|             |     |             |
|             |     |             |
|             |     |             |
|             |     |             |
|_____________|     |_____________|


Share this post


Link to post
bzzrak said:


T R I G G E R E D

             _       _
 _  _  _  _ |O|     |O| _  _  _  _
|o||o||o||o|| |     | ||o||o||o||o|
| || || || || |     | || || || || |
| || || || || |     | || || || || |
| || || || || |     | || || || || |
'''''''''''''''     '''''''''''''''
|             |     |             |
|             |     |             |
|             |     |             |
|             |     |             |
|             |     |             |
|             |     |             |
|             |     |             |
|             |     |             |
|             |     |             |
|             |     |             |
|             |     |             |
|_____________|     |_____________|



Why are 8 of the toes the exact same length?

Share this post


Link to post
Dragonfly said:

On that topic, I seriously dislike words that have come about or been popularized thanks to the current teen generation. Selfie, Twerking, Fleek, "That shit's fire af yo"... Hell even the term Millennial is somehow irritating.



You forgot bae, the absolute fucking worst of all of them imo

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Dragonfly said:

The problem is that most of these words initially are used 'ironically', like white people saying 'fam', but then the aforementioned 'irony' somehow fades and it becomes a normal part of their vocabulary.


I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you do something for satire's sake long enough, you're not beng satirical anymore. You have become the kind of person you think you're just mocking.

Share this post


Link to post
Katamori said:

Oh come on, what's the hatred about millenials? I mean, sure, I agree about "af" but "fam" sounds quite badass.

I dont hate someone for being a millennial, however I do hate the mindset that *alot* of them have like: "Lol fuck the government smoke weed everyday" as well as talking about sex in public often using crude and graphic descriptions. Honestly I dont need to be hearing how many "bitches they fucked" over the weekend.

Share this post


Link to post

^ Aren't you 19 years old yourself? 1997 is not that far from the millenial zone, heh.

Share this post


Link to post

There are people who argue that being born as earpy as 1989 makes me you a millenial.

I was born in 1990. Frankly, I don't care if I fall into that group in some peoples' minds. I take pride in knowing I'm not one of those "feel the Bern" types.

Share this post


Link to post

I WEAR SOCKS 24/7 AS WELL, IS THIS A COMMON HABIT?? oh and sometimes, I like to drink gravy.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm so addicted to caffeine I have to buy jet alert caplets just so I won't get diabetes from drinking too many energy drinks.

Also i like to draw sometimes.

Share this post


Link to post
bzzrak said:

^ Aren't you 19 years old yourself? 1997 is not that far from the millenial zone, heh.

Ya I know im a millennial, which is why I wrote *alot* in my post. Of course not all millenials behave this way, many of my close friends dont behave this way, I dont behave this way. However I do know that alot of millennials seem to behave this way, and although I dont overly care how they behave, its the fact that their mindsets have became so mainstream that it bothers me a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
TraceOfSpades said:

There are people who argue that being born as earpy as 1989 makes me you a millenial.



It's typically accepted that those born between 1982-2000 are millennials. You can tell because most of them still live with their parents.

Share this post


Link to post
Use3D said:

those born between 1982-2000 are millennials.

Doominator2 said:

-snip-

  • According to Iconoclast, a consumer research firm, the first Millennials were born in 1978.
  • Newsweek magazine reported that the Millennial generation was born between 1977 and 1994.
  • In separate articles, the New York Times pegged the Millennials at 1976-1990 and 1978-1998.
  • A Time magazine article placed the Millennials at 1980-2000
  • Howe and Strauss define the Millennial cohort as consisting of individuals born between 1982 and 2004.
I don't like to think that I ('93) am in the same generation as someone born in '78 (nearly my mom's age), nor do I think someone born after 9/11 shares the same generational mentality as I do. "Millennial" is kind of a stupid term, because "they" decided using the last three letters of the alphabet was a great idea. Honestly, grouping people into generations is pretty stupid, and is just a way for younger people and older people to blame each-other for society's problems.

"Lol fuck the government smoke weed everyday" as well as talking about sex in public often using crude and graphic descriptions. Honestly I dont need to be hearing how many "bitches they fucked" over the weekend.


I mean, I can make anything sound stupid. "lol weed is retarded the government cares about u". I'll admit plain old "fuck the government" is pretty silly, but can you honestly blame young Americans for being pretty sick and tired of Uncle Sam's shit? I used to work for the government, and I haven't gotten high since I was a kid, but I can still see where a lot of people around my age are coming from with this mentality.

Got no issue with people describing their sex life, if it's friends they're talking to. Fortunately, I can't say I've witnessed anyone in public rambling about boobies.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Sick Bow said:

Got no issue with people describing their sex life, if it's friends they're talking to. Fortunately, I can't say I've witnessed anyone in public rambling about boobies.

Honestly if people want to talk about their sex lives in private thats fine by me, but dont you think its just a little tasteless to be loudly talking about your sex life in a public area?

Share this post


Link to post
Doominator2 said:

Honestly if people want to talk about their sex lives in private thats fine by me, but dont you think its just a little tasteless to be loudly talking about your sex life in a public area?

me said:

Got no issue with people describing their sex life, if it's friends they're talking to. Fortunately, I can't say I've witnessed anyone in public rambling about boobies.

Share this post


Link to post

Not proud of it (and I swear it was an accident!) but I burnt my best mates toilet down about 17 years ago IIRC. It was an 'outhouse' and thankfully the structure was spared but yeh the loo needed replacing completely :X

We were having a LAN party and I will never forget the look on his face when I interrupted him playing Quake2 DM to say "Dude I think I just burnt your fucking toilet down" XD

Share this post


Link to post
traversd said:

Not proud of it (and I swear it was an accident!) but I burnt my best mates toilet down about 17 years ago IIRC. It was an 'outhouse' and thankfully the structure was spared but yeh the loo needed replacing completely :X

We were having a LAN party and I will never forget the look on his face when I interrupted him playing Quake2 DM to say "Dude I think I just burnt your fucking toilet down" XD


Excuse my french, but how the FUCK do you burn down a toilet? Must'a been some real shitty Taco Bell.

Share this post


Link to post
Sargon of Akkad said:

Excuse my french, but how the FUCK do you burn down a toilet? Must'a been some real shitty Taco Bell.


I'm guessing it was wooden, and he was like smoking or something:

It was an 'outhouse'

Share this post


Link to post

Nah don't smoke (or eat Taco-Bell *L*)

At the time there was just a tea light(?) candle for light. I couldn't see shit (hah) so put some extra matches on the candle. The candle was then left going not thinking the situation through -> candle is roaring with extra matches; it's sitting on the cistern of the toilet which is made of plastic; next to the matches box (also sitting on the plastic cistern).

You'd think once it melted through the cistern it would be doused by the water inside but evidently it decided to set off the matches box instead and go out in a blaze of glory!

Share this post


Link to post

I bought a bumper sticker that says "THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS" but I'm not sure I can afford putting it on my car, which just says a lot about the state of politics.

Share this post


Link to post
Eris Falling said:

You forgot bae, the absolute fucking worst of all of them imo


Hey bae how you doing?

Share this post


Link to post
Eris Falling said:

You forgot bae, the absolute fucking worst of all of them imo

WTF is bae? Is that a shorter variation of "babe" which is a shorter variation of "baby" which is a shorter variation of "lady" which is a shorter variation of "woman"/"female"?

Lazyness is taking over, it's getting so high, people bother enough to make up words that use less syllables.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now